Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

reallivedinosaur posted:

cheap chinese glass can have tiny air bubbles which shatter under heat and you inhale microscopic glass particles which is as bad as asbestos

according to the purveyor of fine US made glass ware at the bong store

I've never had this problem ever i've brought 5 of the things because im a goddamn klutz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I don't think you'd notice microscopic cracks. On the other hand thats some very pretty glass for a reasonable price

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
weekend update: fresh take: weed is still good

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

thathonkey posted:

weekend update: fresh take: weed is still good

I'm sorry but I'm gonna have to disagree. Weed is actually great.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i am writing music and smoking super silver haze all day today (and also doing stupid poo poo like posting in gbs apparently)

that "inhaling microscopic glass particles in chinese bongs" thing sounds like some bullshit imo

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

sunday funday

:q:

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Should I inhale some marijuana vapors this afternoon? :ohdear:

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

whats this

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Earwicker posted:

that "inhaling microscopic glass particles in chinese bongs" thing sounds like some bullshit imo

it isnt, stay away from glass bowls. frosted and decorative glasses are esp bad.

cigarettes with fiberglass filters cause the same kind of damage

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silicosis

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

reallivedinosaur posted:

it isnt, stay away from glass bowls. frosted and decorative glasses are esp bad.

cigarettes with fiberglass filters cause the same kind of damage

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silicosis

Lol, you don't even understand the wikipedia article you're quoting your dumbass mythology from.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

Lol, you don't even understand the wikipedia article you're quoting your dumbass mythology from.

tell me what it is that I dont understand about inhaling silicate not being a healthy thing

e: oh wait you don't know that that is what glass is made of maybe?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Well the weed thread had a good run

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Frog Act posted:

whats this

solventless rosin extract made into a flavoured agave based syrup, 300mg thc a bottle...its the greatest

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Mariana Horchata posted:

solventless rosin extract made into a flavoured agave based syrup, 300mg thc a bottle...its the greatest

:eyepop: i hate living in VA, i've never even seen this kinda stuff

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i just got some fiyerrrrr 🔥🔥🔥

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

let's get lifted

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
poo poo's lit

puke pentagram
Jun 12, 2015

Earwicker posted:

i am writing music and smoking super silver haze all day today (and also doing stupid poo poo like posting in gbs apparently)

What kind of music?

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

reallivedinosaur posted:

tell me what it is that I dont understand about inhaling silicate not being a healthy thing

e: oh wait you don't know that that is what glass is made of maybe?

I don't think anyone is doubting that inhaling significant amounts of glass particles will gently caress up your lungs. but nowhere in this article does it say anything about this being caused by "tiny air bubbles shattering" while smoking cheap glass pipes, its described as an occupational hazard for miners who are inhaling large amounts of the dust.

puke pentagram
Jun 12, 2015

OctoberBlues posted:

I remember when I was in college I would blow the smoke through a tp tube filled with dryer sheets, which probably did jackshit to actually lessen the weed smell. But now I will always associate the smell of dryer sheets with marijuana. :)

That is what I used before the Sploofy. It seemed to work as long as the shower was running on hot with the air sucker thing turned on. The Sploofy is neat! You blow directly into it and there is no smoke that comes out the other end. Some might go through and out your nose though.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

The most important thing I learned from Bungholio in an 03 weed thread was to TWIST AND PULL to get the most out of your buds. :gay:

puke pentagram
Jun 12, 2015

Matey posted:

let's get lifted

:rznv:

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

heck ya my man

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

puke pentagram posted:

What kind of music?

I made this sort of downtempo jazzy electronic track and i am putting some mandolin on top of it, the mandolin is running through a harmonizer pedal and a spring reverb pedal and then a small bass amp

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

:yeah:

puke pentagram
Jun 12, 2015

Earwicker posted:

I made this sort of downtempo jazzy electronic track and i am putting some mandolin on top of it, the mandolin is running through a harmonizer pedal and a spring reverb pedal and then a small bass amp

I love working on tunes when I'm baked. I'll fiddle around or just listen and touch up on things. If I'm too stoned or drunk I usually save a separate file with the same name but "_stnd" or "_drk" added at the end lol. It can end up sound pretty stupid when I sober up but sometimes it works out.

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

Mein gott I love these shatter cartridges

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
just got a free quarter

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

TANSTAAFQ

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
I have given away so much free weed both intentionally and accidentally. I've left as much as i think it was...half an ounce? on the train. I also dropped an 8th in downtown brookyn and what not. one of the times i left weed on the train it was thanksgiving so if a homeless person got that bag there was weed and food. i also smoke some heavy poo poo so i hope a rookie didnt find it and get scared off of weed forever.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
has anybody ever smoked 9 Pound Hammer?

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

loving Druggies. Dirty Filthy Hippies.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I'd like to clear those chambers!

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

hey look it's mork and mindy

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

el B posted:

I'd like to clear those chambers!

that looks loving retarded as hell and i want to smoke it hth

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Matey posted:

TANSTAAFQ

Idgi :shrug:

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Any UKers get that hot fire with the glass already sprayed on the herb?

glass taste with your half & half spliff without the hassle of a Chinese delivery take away

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

sometimes my jokes can be...........................................................................a little heady

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Matey posted:

sometimes my jokes can be...........................................................................a little heady

Whoa. I still don't get what the thing means tho. :smith: