Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Has anyone else suddenly started seeing frequent lag spikes? I'm talking like literally every 5-10 seconds. It isn't my internet connection, as I can run Guild Wars 2 without a problem.

I did notice frequent intermittent dropped packets when pinging https://www.swtor.com. Could it be connected to their maintenance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Cyrelio posted:

It's a bug. The Entity is a world boss that is usually only spawned by doing several pre-reqs on the planet first. But since 4.7 it has been up in every instance on every server and will not despawn. It's also a pain and a half to kill.

It's supposed to get fixed in the next patch so we'll see on that. Some people are suggesting a work around of clicking the ancient tome in the Outlaw's Den on Tatooine to get that buff which you need for going for the Ancient Threat achievement but apparently will allow you to get past the Entity to get the Drellik artifacts.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
There have been a couple odd bugs since the last patch. And the random naked stronghold npc bug came back!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Hey Oedzi, I'm not going to be able to log on much this month with new job and general boredom. Can you either log on in Tuesdays to set Conquest or promote someone who is actively playing? I can get it this week and next but I'll be out of town the last half of September.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Sure, I'll figure something out.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
I still play pretty reliably. If you need a volunteer, I'll do it--just give me suggestions on what to set for conquest each week.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

I'll be coming back in the next couple days with a couple new toons for the dvl stuff since I sorta burned out with Voldar

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
I'll have some new officer permissions set up by next weekend. In the meantime, I'll log in tomorrow evening to set our conquest for this week, so be sure to check on that before you go whole hog. If it isn't set yet, any conquest points you earn would still apply, but you'll miss out on any bonus multipliers.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nipponophile posted:

I'll have some new officer permissions set up by next weekend. In the meantime, I'll log in tomorrow evening to set our conquest for this week, so be sure to check on that before you go whole hog. If it isn't set yet, any conquest points you earn would still apply, but you'll miss out on any bonus multipliers.

I'll be able to set it tomorrow. It's the weeks after that will be tough.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

I think its crafting tomorrow. Higher personal threshold but piss easy to do.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Trast posted:

I think its crafting tomorrow. Higher personal threshold but piss easy to do.

I went with Belsavis. No PvP bonus but Artifice/Synthweaving/Biochem will get double bonus on their supplies.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Medullah posted:

I went with Belsavis. No PvP bonus but Artifice/Synthweaving/Biochem will get double bonus on their supplies.

Prisoners making license plates for the conquest god.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Anyone else been having connection issues lately? Like within the past hour I've been trying to play and I just get dropped constantly but there's nothing wrong with the internet on my end.

edit: oh its a ddos attack or something, that's cool

Berke Negri fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Aug 31, 2016

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Different cartel packs on sale this week:

Highlights:

White-black crystals:

Toothpicks:

Sexy outfits:

(Including the invisible "Covert Energy" stuff.)

Eye-shade thingies:

And datacubes. (Which I already bought, of course. :doom:)

prefect fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Aug 31, 2016

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
So, is Fallen Empire finished? Can I just jump in and do the rest of the story?

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

SKY COQ posted:

Yes, and yes as long as you subscribe.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

SKY COQ posted:

Yes.

And by "Yes", I mean "Nothing you do really matters, see you next season!!!"

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

you can murder major paws though, if you really hated psych for some weird reason

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.

SKY COQ posted:

It's definitely a decent time to jump in, see the end of the season, then gently caress off for another year until the next one is finished.

e: though maybe wait until the ddos is over :v:

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

If you guys hit your personal conquest goals this week we should easily place in the top ten. I pumped about 200k's worth in off of my stockpile of tradeskill junk and last time I looked we were 6th.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Trast posted:

If you guys hit your personal conquest goals this week we should easily place in the top ten. I pumped about 200k's worth in off of my stockpile of tradeskill junk and last time I looked we were 6th.

I've got about 400k just needing to log on.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Medullah posted:

I've got about 400k just needing to log on.

If it is anything like last tradeskill weekend we ahould be gold.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

prefect posted:

Different cartel packs on sale this week:

Highlights:

White-black crystals:

Toothpicks:

Sexy outfits:

(Including the invisible "Covert Energy" stuff.)

Eye-shade thingies:

And datacubes. (Which I already bought, of course. :doom:)

These have all been around for awhile.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Fuzz posted:

These have all been around for awhile.

I know they're old cartel packs; I'm just obsessed with the weekly sales because there is some stuff I wasn't around to get when they were originally available. (And I wasn't paying enough attention when they were all available at the beginning of KOTFE.)

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

was really surprised, but pleased, at all the new GSF stuff revealed in today's KOTET datamining

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Berke Negri posted:

was really surprised, but pleased, at all the new GSF stuff revealed in today's KOTET datamining

I didn't see anything in the Reddit post about data mining

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

NINE new chapters?

Have they mentioned if it's going to be free like the others?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Orgophlax posted:

NINE new chapters?

Have they mentioned if it's going to be free like the others?

They haven't mentioned anything yet, the only info we have is datamined from the PTS patch. I can pretty much guarantee it'll be the same thing as KOTFE though, 9 chapters up front, few month break, then monthly chapters. Free for subs.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

I recently spent 1200CC unlocking artifacts for all characters, and now I'm thinking of just subbing. That's Real Dumb™.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

I'll most likely wait until a bunch of episodes are built up before I re-sub to play them.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

I didn't see anything in the Reddit post about data mining

meh to raising the lvl cap. If they want to add an ability and/or discipline point(s) there are already long stretches of no new abilities/points in the 1-65 scheme. Hopefully a thorough balance overhaul while we're at it because good God nerf Corruption already. New gear lvls are fluff when you've got 400k+ WZ comms and can run the NiM Ops in your sleep and don't need it anyways if you're not doing progression or PvP.

Empress Acina and Shae Vizla are getting closer to new and unique characters as companions. They're not new to ToR but at least their not rehashed pre-4.0 comps. Yeah for small victories.

I assume Uprisings are the new Star Fortress...get in, get your Achievements, and get out on the one or two characters you bother to take that far. I don't think I've ran a Star Fortress since the first month of KotFE.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
So this might be a dumb question but is there an easy way to bind an entire hotbar to a single key? It's trivially easy to do in STO but I'm not seeing many resources for SWTOR even though it would make combat way more convenient.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

meh to raising the lvl cap. If they want to add an ability and/or discipline point(s) there are already long stretches of no new abilities/points in the 1-65 scheme. Hopefully a thorough balance overhaul while we're at it because good God nerf Corruption already. New gear lvls are fluff when you've got 400k+ WZ comms and can run the NiM Ops in your sleep and don't need it anyways if you're not doing progression or PvP.

Empress Acina and Shae Vizla are getting closer to new and unique characters as companions. They're not new to ToR but at least their not rehashed pre-4.0 comps. Yeah for small victories.

I assume Uprisings are the new Star Fortress...get in, get your Achievements, and get out on the one or two characters you bother to take that far. I don't think I've ran a Star Fortress since the first month of KotFE.

Yeah I have mixed feelings. I kind of am glad it's mirroring KOTFE just because the fucker on Reddit that keeps insisting KOTFE was a massive failure and that the next expansion will have raids and be a proper MMORPG that I constantly argue with will be proven wrong, but on the other hand...kinda of wish they would actually come out with new MMO content. :(

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Orgophlax posted:

I recently spent 1200CC unlocking artifacts for all characters, and now I'm thinking of just subbing. That's Real Dumb™.

Considering I've finished all I want to do with the DvL event, I'm probably looking at around 5000cc if not more on account unlocks for the stuff I ended up with including a hypercrate I decided to open for myself that with how I lucked out on, I doubt I'll ever open another because I burned up all the favor I had with the RNG gods. For all the griping about the event that went on, I think I made out pretty decent considering.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I do wonder if the costs of PvP gear is going to remain the same so people like DrunkenGarbageCan who have banked gajillions of WZ comms will just be able to be in full optimized level 70 PvP gear once the expansion hits.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I guess that'll crash the prices of gear a bit.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Aleth posted:

I guess that'll crash the prices of gear a bit.

Yeah now is the time to dump any extra augments you've been holding onto.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

Also if anyone wanted to give me a shiny hat I would be happy to be one of the ship movers/conquest setters

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Goes to show how mostly meaningless all these recruitment missions are that I *just* noticed that Gus is actually a freaking Jedi now, no longer a ranged gun user. I knew in the "story" he was in training, but didn't realize his companion type actually changed. Good for him!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

Medullah posted:

Goes to show how mostly meaningless all these recruitment missions are that I *just* noticed that Gus is actually a freaking Jedi now, no longer a ranged gun user. I knew in the "story" he was in training, but didn't realize his companion type actually changed. Good for him!

He's just fishing for compliments.

• Locked thread