Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magres
Jul 14, 2011

nickhimself posted:

When I started using the LFG tool more frequently I noticed I was having more fun because I had way more options available to me.

Yeah one of the things that made HoT significantly more fun was them revamping the LFG tool. It's not a buggy pile of crap anymore and supports squads, which makes taxiing people into maps much less tedious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
Ha, there's a picture of my main in that 4th anniversary vid standing there with a shitload of other people watching cinematics on launch day.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Tivac
Feb 18, 2003

No matter how things may seem to change, never forget who you are

Eltoasto posted:

4th anniversary stream is going on now, but intro video didn't have a single Tivac in it boooo

My launch night memories include running to my desk to watch commerce light itself ON FIRE and then spending two weeks working like a crazy person helping to fix it.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
furiously reserving all of my character names, and then spending until dawn re-exploring ascalon as Charrlotte York. Good times.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Remaking my beta weekend character with different choices then... four more alts at the same time, apparently.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I was in a serious rush to log on so I could get the name Thyme for my sylvari Mesmer. Turns out I was right to be in a rush, because now every time I come back from a long break, the same person whispers me and asks if I'm playing for real and if not if they can have that name.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Harrow posted:

I was in a serious rush to log on so I could get the name Thyme for my sylvari Mesmer. Turns out I was right to be in a rush, because now every time I come back from a long break, the same person whispers me and asks if I'm playing for real and if not if they can have that name.

you did the right thing

i had work that day and could not get the name Bogan Thackeray, or King

still got Agamemnorn 3 days later though, since apparently nobody was smart enough to make that pun

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
What up Guild Goons. I thought I'd poke my head back in today, but it looks like actually I'll have to let the game patch while I go out instead :v:

I don't know if my guild membership in GOON is even still active, but that's okay. I just kinda wanted to check the state of the game.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Dreggon posted:

you did the right thing

i had work that day and could not get the name Bogan Thackeray, or King

still got Agamemnorn 3 days later though, since apparently nobody was smart enough to make that pun

I got Toonces, Vulgar Gemspender, Perfect Senpai, Mini Arus (now defunct) and Kill Man.

If I had a faster computer at the time I would have had Goku, I know it.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

I'm sometimes surprised at which names still aren't taken. I was messing around with a Char in the character creator and while Genghis Khat WAS taken, Kublai Khat was free.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I just bought a second shared inventory slot and the Royal Terrace pass.
After 4 years and who-knows how much money spent, I'm the 1%.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

Welcome to my warm embrace

eggrolled
Mar 6, 2006

I think I like Nobles Folly the most because the bank and TP are right next to each other :shobon:

The Terrace has a nice feel though for sure.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

I didn't even report for what was said. I reported for that name.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

eggrolled posted:

I think I like Nobles Folly the most because the bank and TP are right next to each other :shobon:

The Terrace has a nice feel though for sure.

I also like the position on the exit for Noble's Folly, too, if you time it right you can drop right down into that wyvern fight.

Wouldn't mind that airship but there's no point in having more than one. I'm just such a jumping off of things enthusiast.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Inzombiac posted:

I got Toonces, Vulgar Gemspender, Perfect Senpai, Mini Arus (now defunct) and Kill Man.

If I had a faster computer at the time I would have had Goku, I know it.

goku is owned by a dev who had the name before the servers went up

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

If you search your mails for "gem purchase", you can add it all up and find out. I did the other day, and part of me sure wishes I had that €1910 (not including the original game) right now. :suicide:

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

tyblazitar posted:

If you search your mails for "gem purchase", you can add it all up and find out. I did the other day, and part of me sure wishes I had that €1910 (not including the original game) right now. :suicide:

Jesus Christ.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

tyblazitar posted:

This is one of many activities in life that I do not wish to do

Sair
May 11, 2007

tyblazitar posted:

Thank you for your service.

Badluck
Jan 5, 2009
Is there still an active goon guild on Maguuma? I'm coming back to the game from FF14 and the Quagoons are completely dead.

If there's still an active goon guild please send Bad Luck.6315 an invite or mail.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
No. gently caress off. Come back once you've read the OP if you really have to but...

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

If people ever read the OP I'll eat my own poo poo

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I read the OP start to finish when I first started playing because I'm not an illiterate jackass

chow down arus

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

CLAM DOWN posted:

I'll do a dramatic reading of the OP next guil missions if you post proof

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

I read it when I picked up playing again, let me get you a spoon

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

CLAM DOWN posted:

I read the OP every time I come back to the game because I swear there used to be a link to some sort of "what you missed since whenever" website.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eB4zqzU7Q0

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

do we really want anyone that was in the Quagoons? Wasnt that the guild owned by the creeper guy nobody liked (not arus)

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

CLAM DOWN posted:

EVERY SINGLE DAY I WAKE UP AND OPEN-PALM SLAM MY VHS COPY OF THE GUILD WARS 2 OP INTO THE VCR. I DO ALL THE MOVES ALONG WITH IT.

I can't remember the rest but I do read the OP every few months just in case.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Xun posted:

do we really want anyone that was in the Quagoons? Wasnt that the guild owned by the creeper guy nobody liked (not arus)

Quagoons weren't just him, they were a combination of his group, the Rift players who were coming over, and then random goons who couldn't get in the main guilds as they filled up.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Inzombiac posted:

EVERY SINGLE DAY I WAKE UP AND OPEN-PALM SLAM MY VHS COPY OF THE GUILD WARS 2 OP INTO THE VCR. I DO ALL THE MOVES ALONG WITH IT.

I can't remember the rest but I do read the OP every few months just in case.

I love this meme because it's like a book report.

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS THE GUILD WARS 2 THREAD OP AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, CLAM DOWN. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME PUBS OR EVEN WHEN I ASK TO JOIN A GUILD IN THE THREAD. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY REGISTERED FOR GOON SQUAD'S OFF-SITE FORUM. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MAP CHAT AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN MAP CHAT CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO HONOR DEAR LEADER AND IMPROVE MY DENTAL FORTITUDE BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING LOADING SCREENS EVERY MORNING. THEN I RAID

eggrolled
Mar 6, 2006

Would you more experienced folks say that this guide is a decent overview for Druid gear?

http://gw2guides.toadheart.com/

Gearing up a ranger/druid for fracs->raids is less straightforward than my Herald for sure. It looks like the consensus is that Power/Zerker gear lags behind Condi/Viper in damage for longer fights, so I'm planning on running Power until I can accumulate Condi gear.

But where I get confused is in regards to a Healing gear set. Half the comments I've come across say stuff like healing gear is unnecessary if your group isn't terrible, and others say to get as much healing as possible. What do you guys say?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

eggrolled posted:

Would you more experienced folks say that this guide is a decent overview for Druid gear?

Gearing up a ranger/druid for fracs->raids is less straightforward than my Herald for sure. It looks like the consensus is that Power/Zerker gear lags behind Condi/Viper in damage for longer fights, so I'm planning on running Power until I can accumulate Condi gear.

But where I get confused is in regards to a Healing gear set. Half the comments I've come across say stuff like healing gear is unnecessary if your group isn't terrible, and others say to get as much healing as possible. What do you guys say?

I've read through that guide, it's way too complex for it's own good. Just focus on the three main builds (Zerk, Viper, Magi).

If your goal is to just get the content done as reliably as possible, you can do every single encounter in the Magi healing gear and build.

If your goal is to be as valuable to your static group as possible and to help push times and allow flexible strategies, also bring the Zerk and Viper builds and gear.

eggrolled
Mar 6, 2006

Thanks, that definitely gives me a good sense of what direction to take: making gold and leveling crafting so I can have all 3 :qq:

On the upside, having 3 different sets of gear means 3 completely different outfits :j:

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

eggrolled posted:

Gearing up a ranger/druid for fracs->raids is less straightforward than my Herald for sure. It looks like the consensus is that Power/Zerker gear lags behind Condi/Viper in damage for longer fights, so I'm planning on running Power until I can accumulate Condi Half the comments I've come across say stuff like healing gear is unnecessary if your group isn't terrible, and others say to get as much healing as possible. What do you guys say?

Both are true. Consider who you'll be playing with (I mean, if goons are.your best case scenario, you really should expect something terrible), and then the size of that if.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I kinda want to get some tickets for the wing backpacks but I'm so sick of Spvp rip

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A TRAP SKILL INTO THE SLOT. ITS PROCESSION OF BLADES AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, DRAGONHUNTER. I DO EVERY TRAP AND I DO EVERY TRAP HARD, MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME THIEF BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE ESPORTS ARENA. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY GUILD AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN MY GUILD CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE VOICE CLIPS AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS FLOODED BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tivac
Feb 18, 2003

No matter how things may seem to change, never forget who you are

ijyt posted:

I read the OP every time I come back to the game because I swear there used to be a link to some sort of "what you missed since whenever" website.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Release ?

• Locked thread