Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ethanol

Quidnose posted:

i mean i enjoy No Man's Sky and just firing it up, flying around looking at stuff, especially if you're a little :420:, but i am also tempted to get the refund and grab two $30 games i really want, then buy it in like a month and a half when it's $20

or grab a humble bundle that has it for $11 like i did with battleborn xD

you paid money for battleborn???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Quidnose posted:

Steam is apparently giving out refunds to anyone who wants them for No Man's Sky, regardless of game play time

for sale, buggy space minecraft game

never worn

Lastgirl

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
sometimes it feels good to take a crisp :10bux: and just lite it on fire ya kno??

it sets u free

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

Quidnose posted:

i mean i enjoy No Man's Sky and just firing it up, flying around looking at stuff, especially if you're a little :420:, but i am also tempted to get the refund and grab two $30 games i really want, then buy it in like a month and a half when it's $20

you could buy the entire total war series for like $30 when it's on sale again :D

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

ethanol

Chill la Chill posted:

you could buy the entire total war series for like $30 when it's on sale again :D

just buy warhammer because it owns and won't be in any bundle any time soon

Lastgirl

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
i love rtw 1 so thats the only tw ill play next to shogun 2

im taking another crack at crusader kings II soon, wish me luck, its v hard to get into but apparently once it clicks a lot of people go crazy for it

finishing up my grandia II run first thou and miss elena is :shobon:

FAT32 SHAMER

Quidnose posted:

i would do that if i were you

i knew literally nothing about the game when i was gifted it for helping write some discord bot stuff for the goon discord network so i'm super happy with it as it is, but i think it's mostly because i never saw all the promises and frankly idk what those promises even were

Quidthulhu

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

ethanol posted:

you paid money for battleborn???

i paid like, at most, $4 bucks for it as part of the 2K Humble Bundle

Quidthulhu

Tusen Takk posted:

i would do that if i were you

i knew literally nothing about the game when i was gifted it for helping write some discord bot stuff for the goon discord network so i'm super happy with it as it is, but i think it's mostly because i never saw all the promises and frankly idk what those promises even were

my friend gifted it to me as well and he bought it through humble so i don't even know if i can get a refund through steam xD

FAT32 SHAMER

Quidnose posted:

my friend gifted it to me as well and he bought it through humble so i don't even know if i can get a refund through steam xD

oh, you can't then :rip:

Piso Mojado

joke_explainer posted:

I had a load of fun with Brink.

same

Quidthulhu

Tusen Takk posted:

oh, you can't then :rip:

then i shall occasionally continue to fly around in space to Pink Floyd while eating some moon rocks

there's a new mod out that lets you stack the stupid gek charms and poo poo, probably will grab that

FAT32 SHAMER

Quidnose posted:

then i shall occasionally continue to fly around in space to Pink Floyd while eating some moon rocks

there's a new mod out that lets you stack the stupid gek charms and poo poo, probably will grab that

also get the low flight mod so landing is 100x easier

Moola

Quidnose posted:

i paid like, at most, $4 bucks for it as part of the 2K Humble Bundle

you got ripped off

Quidthulhu

Moola posted:

you got ripped off

It came with gems to buy pretty poo poo with?

Quidthulhu

does anyone have a fun, chillout game I can play while watching stupid poo poo on TV? something fun that CAN have depth, but doesn't always need to

i'm gonna play some Tetris Online Poland now to fill that niche, i've played starbound, terraria, binding of isaac in the past. but i'd love more recs :)

Lastgirl

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
jet set radio

its on steam

Quidthulhu

Lastgirl posted:

jet set radio

its on steam

no cause i can't play that without the music!!!

deep dish peat moss

Lastgirl posted:

jet set radio

its on steam

I hope they bring jet grind radio future to steam

symbolic

i usually just free roam in GTA V if i want to zone out

deep dish peat moss

Quidnose posted:

does anyone have a fun, chillout game I can play while watching stupid poo poo on TV? something fun that CAN have depth, but doesn't always need to

i'm gonna play some Tetris Online Poland now to fill that niche, i've played starbound, terraria, binding of isaac in the past. but i'd love more recs :)

Play a turn based strategy game it's the genre for sexy people

Piso Mojado

Shakill OReal posted:

Play a turn based strategy game it's the genre for sexy people

you find anyone else for a civ5 game?

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Piso Mojado posted:

you find anyone else for a civ5 game?

I enjoy civ5 greatly but I just don't devote the time to it that it deserves anymore. All my 6 hour gaming sessions go to stellaris or board games now.

Speaking of which, stellaris is good, but sometimes I can just feel my blood pressure spike when 4 events come in all at once and I'm trying to play without pausing.

FutonForensic

Quidnose posted:

rimworld on easy settings

bare bottom pancakes

Production: Complete

Quidnose posted:

perhaps a roguelike? check out dungeonmans. i also play shmups while watching vids or listening to music

deep dish peat moss

There was once a game called Hammerfight, where you played as a Russian helicopter that swung hammers at other Russian helicopters and sometimes alien beasts in steampunk junkyard arenas.

The guy that made it is working on annew game it looks rad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_-RJbHe1lo

tokyo_vamp

poisoned by cowboy killers

Quidnose posted:

stardew valley is a pretty fun game thats like harvest moon and has a little bit of depth to it.

also strangely, i find playing MGSV is a fun game to chillout and zone out to at least just doing the open world side ops stuff.

deep dish peat moss

Does anyone want to play the updated and re-released Titan Quest with me?

It's free if you already own Titan Quest or on sale for $5 if not

Quidthulhu

hey, neat! i'll have to check it out! if i end up with any free time at all i might hit you up, shakill

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms

Lastgirl posted:

i love rtw 1 so thats the only tw ill play next to shogun 2

im taking another crack at crusader kings II soon, wish me luck, its v hard to get into but apparently once it clicks a lot of people go crazy for it

finishing up my grandia II run first thou and miss elena is :shobon:

its just the UI that's very hostile and you need to run through the tutorial and watch a youtube video of someone playing it before it clicks that the game game is true sandbox

tokyo_vamp

poisoned by cowboy killers
titan quest getting a re-release is bomb as gently caress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

used to play that game a lot when i was younger, it got me into that genre of rpg

jBrereton
They should have offered a four-pack!

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Just picked up DOOM and it is fun and seems very fast paced. I think I like it.

Shakill OReal posted:

Does anyone want to play the updated and re-released Titan Quest with me?

It's free if you already own Titan Quest or on sale for $5 if not

I have it and would enjoy playing it but I won't be available tonight. I can play this weekend though!

Scaly Haylie

joke_explainer

Noticed one of my dwarves got a legendary name a while back after a megabeast attack, but hadn't actually looked at him until he was thrown in jail recently.

"Fakod Minedance,The Mechanical Iron of Burying", pretty great title considering it randomly generates them.

problematic hug

Fakod Minedance did nothing wrong

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack
So is that as easy to learn as rimworld? Last time I tried that game it was ascii and I literally had no idea what I was looking at.

----------------

FutonForensic

it's still ascii unless you use a graphic set, like the ones that come with lazy newb pack. doesn't make the game any more intuitive

joke_explainer

FutonForensic posted:

it's still ascii unless you use a graphic set, like the ones that come with lazy newb pack. doesn't make the game any more intuitive

depending on the graphic pack it does at least help some people make more sense of what is going on... in the raw ascii (which I use to play exclusively back before I remember graphic sets being around) everything's got an abstract symbol and can be confusing sometimes remembering the difference between some of them, things look nicer. navigating the menus is still something you have to learn, but honestly with a little practice you can navigate them faster than with rimworld, using shift + arrow keys and such for designation and slowly memorizing the steps to press like b -> w -> c for a carpenter's workshop, b -> w -> u for a kitchen, b -> h for a container, b -> f for a cabinet... all the buildables are under b, designating tiles for actions is under d, and most of the other keyboard keys do something (r shows you reports; text line-by-line breakdowns of things like combat etc that the game doesn't normally bother with spamming you with, so you can watch in full gory detail as a dwarf snaps a goblin's neck after establishing a firm grip on its front teeth or w/e, or like when a forgotten beast runs up to your squad of 40 and drops dead, you can figure out that the first dwarf in the line slapped it in the skull with a *steel war hammer*, rupturing the brain! etc. The combat is really something else in this game.

highly recommend the lazy newb pack if you want to give it a shot, makes it as easy as it can. go for phoebus or ironhand graphic sets in the options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joke_explainer

Up to six captured giant cave spiders now... has to be something fun to do with those guys, they're absolutely brutal on civilian dwarves.