Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

My dream team has matumbaman and pajkatt on it. Is this a thing that is happening dota gossipers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

TheRat posted:

http://ask.fm/RealAdmiralBulldog/answers/139652930458

Bulldog says he's probably taking a break until after the next major.

Doesn't sound like a great idea, he took a break last year for a while as well and just ended up slipping back into the same mediocre Alliance roster.

or maybe he has a secret masterplan to replace Bulba after the major on whatever team he ends up on

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
The rumor mill says Bulldog and S4 are going to OG. This whole thing could be some elaborate troll though, where Alliance stay together under a different name or something.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Navi, seemingly known for last minute roster confirmations, posts on their website that they're not doing squat. So much for that Resolution dream.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

It's still cringey.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
Is this the first time you've heard a poem read out loud before or what

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Equilibrium posted:

Is this the first time you've heard a poem read out loud before or what

Regardless of if it is a good poem or not, in the context of you quoting it after your Dota 2 org fires you I'd say it's dumb.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

especially who posted it.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Hope everyone is looking forward to Ayesee casting the TI7 grand finals.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Unfunny Poster posted:

Regardless of if it is a good poem or not, in the context of you quoting it after your Dota 2 org fires you I'd say it's dumb.

he didn't get fired tho?

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
Ayesee gave me a game on Steam because I won a raffle on his Twitch stream at the end of a tournament so imo he's cool and good. He's also one of the genuinely nice casters in the scene, which doesn't play well with the goon crowd here but nonetheless makes him lightyears better than anything blitz could vomit out of his poo poo-filled mouth.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
well, he sounds like a loving retard and doesnt know anything about dota so that makes him a bad caster

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Love Stole the Day posted:

Ayesee gave me a game on Steam because I won a raffle on his Twitch stream at the end of a tournament so imo he's cool and good. He's also one of the genuinely nice casters in the scene, which doesn't play well with the goon crowd here but nonetheless makes him lightyears better than anything blitz could vomit out of his poo poo-filled mouth.

the gently caress are you on about

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDz9B9VGcpQ

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Ayesee is the Anti-Tobi: nice person who game logic errors so big that even I, the guy who once assumed that Tiny tossing friendly units causes them fall damage, can see them now and then.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

poo poo like this is uncalled for

Dr. Carwash
Sep 16, 2006

Senpai...

lightyears better than anything blitz could vomit out of his poo poo-filled mouth.

:confused:

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Since Tobi also does that he's actually the parallel universe tobi. A sort of bizarro-tobi, if you know what I mean.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Ah yes, ayesee, literal dota2 village idiot with a manly voice says more insightful things then ex-pro and current coach, blitz.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I appreciate the intense irony that Ayesee's greatest strength ended up being the reason he burned out as a caster. Every single studio/major tournament heard his voice and saw his radio experience and wanted him to be in their organization thinking he was going to be the future of dota casting, so he got tons and tons of work and exposure way before his game knowledge and ability to coordinate with his co-caster were up to par and he got major poo poo for it. If he had just done the rounds like most other people in the scene, he might still be here with us today

that being said he's a cool and nice dude and I hope he's doing well in whatever it is that he does now, I sort of wish he'd just ridden out the hate wave and kept at Dota casting because man if we have to endure another Tobi TI finals cast I'm gonna be disappointed

e: blitz is a great caster who the heck just badmouthed him

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

quote:

blitz

hmmmmm

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i don't like ayesee but there are other people with pretty much zero talent that still get gigs. one of em got into the scene doing the most annoying cast in dota history.

blitz doesn't have a good voice (he looks exactly how he sounds) but that guy went ham talking bout it.

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank
I apparently have more money than sense and bought a 21:9 monitor. Dota 2 doesn't like that much because ~competitive advantage~ and has no official support for my resolution. Fair enough for people who play the game, but I just want to watch some nerds click buttons in glorious immersive ultrawide. Googling makes it look like there are various level of hackery that can let you scale correctly, mostly for pre-Reborn but it looked like there were some less than savory memory editors that also unlocked my FOV and zoom distance if I felt like playing with fire.

Anyone with a similar monitor find a good and non-hacky solution? I don't mind if its something equivalent to the old -override_vpk where I can't play any games, I just want to watch other, better and more successful people play the game.

Xerophyte fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Aug 29, 2016

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

Penetration is the key to success
College Slice
Gabe said they were going to fix the UI so I would just deal with black bars until then

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I appreciate the intense irony that Ayesee's greatest strength ended up being the reason he burned out as a caster. Every single studio/major tournament heard his voice and saw his radio experience and wanted him to be in their organization thinking he was going to be the future of dota casting, so he got tons and tons of work and exposure way before his game knowledge and ability to coordinate with his co-caster were up to par and he got major poo poo for it. If he had just done the rounds like most other people in the scene, he might still be here with us today

that being said he's a cool and nice dude and I hope he's doing well in whatever it is that he does now, I sort of wish he'd just ridden out the hate wave and kept at Dota casting because man if we have to endure another Tobi TI finals cast I'm gonna be disappointed

e: blitz is a great caster who the heck just badmouthed him

he's not with us because he's been doing poo poo for twitch and his dad died.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/4wov15/with_the_ti6_main_event_about_10_hours_away_i/

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
singsing streaming without a lovely friendstack for the first time in 10 years tune in

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Horn posted:

Gabe said they were going to fix the UI so I would just deal with black bars until then

the problem i have is there's a second minimap border outside the minimap that mostly covers the kill feed.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

2016-08-28 17:16:29 PDT SumaiL (Summail Hassan) Evil Geniuses (ID: 70884685) Left the team

rip egg

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Summail

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
So did EG just stop being a team?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

the only thing I care about during the shuffle is that Yawar doesn't end up ob any team at all

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Zurreco posted:

So did EG just stop being a team?

they became 2 teams. one w/ rtz, one w/ ppd

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
eg voted out ppd but it turns out ppd owns the team so :byewhore:

In real news,
2016-08-28 07:16:21 PDT Ferrari_430 () Invictus Gaming (ID: 86767173) Left the team

:negative:

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Didn't Moo already confirm he was with coL?

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
I'm still convinced that this is just EG rebranding as Twitch.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

lol at DC and OG switching offlaners, that is some EG/Secret level poo poo

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
What's happening with other EG teams like people playing Street Fighter and SC2 and poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
is tobi the one that made a racist joke after getting egged on, around the start of dota2 tourney stuff

• Locked thread