Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I mean that second idea is basically just iZombie and that show is way better than TWD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this? posted:

Quote from a producer on The Walking Dead about their original pitch to NBC:

I hope the people who were involved in that meeting were all fired.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
cant wait for nbc's the bible where they have to solve a miraculous crime every week

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

corn in the bible posted:

cant wait for nbc's the bible where they have to solve a miraculous crime every week

You mean Lucifer?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I would rather watch that.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

I would rather watch that.

As noted, you can! On the CW!

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I'm really loving the Get-Down you guys. Its wobbly at places, but its highs are so high. It reminds me of Sense8 in that way. Apparently it cost Netflix 120 million dollars to produce, hope that doesn't prevent a second season.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Shageletic posted:

I'm really loving the Get-Down you guys. Its wobbly at places, but its highs are so high. It reminds me of Sense8 in that way. Apparently it cost Netflix 120 million dollars to produce, hope that doesn't prevent a second season.

So far, all they released is the first half of the first season! It was supposed to be a 13-episode order, but due to delays, changing showrunners, and going so far overbudget, they were only able to deliver the first six. But there will definitely be more, probably at some point in 2017.

I've seen five out of the six so far and love it, so I hope it wraps things up well, while still leaving room for continuing storylines in the back half.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Wait, so it cost netflix 120mil for 6 episodes? goddamn

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

It sounds like the whole season might have cost $120 million, but here, the co-creator says they still can't decide if it will be 12 or 13 episodes:

http://www.vulture.com/2016/08/get-down-netflix-premieres-half-of-season-one.html

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Am trying to binge Orphan Black s1 and 2 as fast as possible as it looks pretty in 4K and my Prime account runs out next week. Am I right in thinking both these seasons are solid, but 3 goes off the rails a bit? If so, does it recover? 4 is the latest and final, yeah? Not too much to dedicate to, but will be a bit disappointed it they mess it up after starting so strong.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

EL BROMANCE posted:

4 is the latest and final, yeah?

No, it was renewed for a 5th and final season.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

The production values and cinematography is all over the place so I can understand it.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

EL BROMANCE posted:

Am trying to binge Orphan Black s1 and 2 as fast as possible as it looks pretty in 4K and my Prime account runs out next week. Am I right in thinking both these seasons are solid, but 3 goes off the rails a bit? If so, does it recover? 4 is the latest and final, yeah? Not too much to dedicate to, but will be a bit disappointed it they mess it up after starting so strong.

Season 1 is great. Season 2 is a step down, but still very good. Season 3 is an overly complicated mess, and season 4 is back up to season 2 levels. Looking forward to season 5 and hopefully a satisfying conclusion.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Hey Anthony Hopkins still got it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuS5huqOND4

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Man that's a hell of a good trailer.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
That trailer is very good. The previous one - mostly because I have no idea what Westworld is about - was really just cool imagery with nothing behind it. This though. Yes.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

EL BROMANCE posted:

Personally I think the show is up and down throughout. Two is the weakest season, with three a great recovery and four decent but a bit disappointing.

It always is good enough to keep me invested but it's a show with a lot of issues throughout and leans too hard on introducing new layers of complex conspiracy every year.

I'm just glad they're finally ending it next year since it means they'll finally have some actual resolution instead of constant escalation... probably

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Shageletic posted:

The Get Down is really cool. It might a little bit heavy and boring at the beginning because there's quite a bit to take in at first, but by the end of the first episode I was hooked. I particularly liked the dynamic between Ezekiel and Mylene, for example at the end of Ep. 1 when Ezekiel confesses to her that he loves her, and you'd think after what he went through to get inside that disco and help her, she'd be all lovey-dovey. But no, she gives him poo poo for being such a dreamless loser who takes the easy way out. And she was absolutely right, though perhaps a bit shocked after what had just happened.

And then as the show progresses, spoilers for the first six episodes you can see that she's a bit selfish, and while Ezekiel doesn't exactly let her walk all over him, he does swallow his pride a little to help her out. But he still chooses his bros, since she does seem a bit possessive at times, almost like her father. Towards the end she seems to really accept him, even though she was dismissive of his gift, and especially of Shaolin. I still think Mylene is manipulating him somewhat, like when they had sex. It felt like she was giving him booty so that she could have a better influence over him.

Of course, the music and choreography are also the show's strong points.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I really think that THE GET DOWN is being hugely underrated by a lot of places right now. It swings back and forth in tone sometimes, but I've never really seen that as an issue before.

Also, pretty sad to learn - in this thread - that Amazon didn't pick up Shane Black's western show. Last time I checked it had a pretty high rating so I was expecting to see it again.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Law & Order: ZVU :doink:

Gaz-L posted:

You mean Lucifer?

I think he means a show that is interesting.
It still baffles me how they take a show where the devil is the main character and make it so dull and mundane.

raditts fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Aug 29, 2016

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Glad to hear that for the most part people are still enjoying Orphan then, I'll probably slow down after s2 but would like to finish it.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I wonder when Amazon will get S3 in 4k like one and two. I figure I'll have to wait until March for S4 to show up at all on Prime, but I'd like to watch it in 4k as well. I just doubt it will be anytime soon if S3 isn't up yet.

Sulphuric Sundae
Feb 10, 2006

You can't go in there.
Your father is dead.
Somebody on the elevator at work made a joke about it being the local this morning and I had flashbacks to the 30 Rock thread.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Sulphuric Sundae posted:

Somebody on the elevator at work made a joke about it being the local this morning and I had flashbacks to the 30 Rock thread.
Remember when everyone thought that was a racist joke and it's not really?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

We should compile a Top 10 times where TVIV got it so, so, wrong.

I'd do it, but I acquit.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Recite the list using Mike's Voice.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

DrVenkman posted:

I really think that THE GET DOWN is being hugely underrated by a lot of places right now. It swings back and forth in tone sometimes, but I've never really seen that as an issue before.

Also, pretty sad to learn - in this thread - that Amazon didn't pick up Shane Black's western show. Last time I checked it had a pretty high rating so I was expecting to see it again.

Its the first episode that kills it for most critics

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Sober posted:

Remember when everyone thought that was a racist joke and it's not really?

I'm not sure, I think he was referencing a DIFFERENT thing

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Just gonna leave this here:
American Gods will have "so many" digital erections.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I mean, finally. I prefer analog erections, it's just a softer sound.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Analog Erection would be a good album name, imo.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
How does Fuller's schedule work re: American Gods and Star Trek? Is the former already shot and the latter is about to be? Because isn't the latter premiering first?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

American Gods has basically a co-showrunner and they should be done with the first season pretty soon.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Apparently cancellation season is early this year as both Grimm and Pretty Little Liars have announced that their next seasons will be their last. Both are still far enough off that they'll probably be able to actually give the shows endings.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Escobarbarian posted:

How does Fuller's schedule work re: American Gods and Star Trek? Is the former already shot and the latter is about to be? Because isn't the latter premiering first?

I think they start filming in September for Discovery, don't know about American Gods

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

How the gently caress did Grimm even get this many seasons it's been poo poo since s3.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

PenguinKnight posted:

I think they start filming in September for Discovery, don't know about American Gods

American Gods has been filming for a couple of months now and they should be done soon.

Also speaking of Discovery, a weird bit of news is that for most of the season the main character will just be known as "Number One."

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

American Gods has been filming for a couple of months now and they should be done soon.

Also speaking of Discovery, a weird bit of news is that for most of the season the main character will just be known as "Number One."

The only thing that makes sense is she'll be someones mom or great grandmother of an existing character or some bullshit and it's suppose to be this big deal for the audience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

GreenNight posted:

The only thing that makes sense is she'll be someones mom or great grandmother of an existing character or some bullshit and it's suppose to be this big deal for the audience.

The audience that hated it the last time Trek went cute history

• Locked thread