Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Reddit is the golden calf of advertisers that are e-marketing virally to the modern plebeian through the homogenization of culture via recursive memetic humor and a limited set of media channels, whereas Something Awful is the advertiser's Untouchable, a self-destructive hive of scum, cynics, nerds, and penniless comedians that like to have discussions with each other.

They're incredibly dissimilar in method and function, userbase, and investor interest, and with good reason.

Something something lowest common denominator, grumble mumble internet makes you stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

Reddit is the golden calf of advertisers that are e-marketing virally to the modern plebeian through the homogenization of culture via recursive memetic humor and a limited set of media channels, whereas Something Awful is the advertiser's Untouchable, a self-destructive hive of scum, cynics, nerds, and penniless comedians that like to have discussions with each other.

They're incredibly dissimilar in method and function, userbase, and investor interest, and with good reason.

Something something lowest common denominator, grumble mumble internet makes you stupid.

I'm gay

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
When all threads are hellthreads, none are? :confused:

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.

This post is probably appropriate for Reddit, seeing as their posts seem to be by the kids, for the kids, or of the kids.

Fuckstick
Nov 30, 2000

lumpy goop hopper posted:

As usual, Reddit is years behind the curve. This place was finished back in 03.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

When all threads are hellthreads, none are? :confused:

when all threads are hellthreads then it just means we're all in hell

hail satan

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Bitcoins is the future tho.
Incidentally, I'm gay and also cuck.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

so we're a walled garden secret club for cool kids is what you're sayin' :c00lbert:

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
it annoys me when anyone asks me questions about this website like they expect me to condense its entire history in a sentence for them

like, I don't know how else to put it, I can tell the question they want to ask me is 'why did you pay for an account?' or 'how do I make a website that people will want to pay me to use?' and I have no livid loving clue how to ever respond to it

'oh wow, you mean people pay to use it? neat! I like money! how do I do that?! TELL ME NOW!!! TELL ME HOW TO MAKE MONEY ON THE INTERNET!!!'

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
At least we'll always have Slenderman. Some little girl stabbed another little girl to appease this dead, gay forums spooky god. Think about that, Reddit.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Some Elon Musk worshipper on Reddit said he'd rather live in freedom on desolate Mars than next to some nice lake on Earth. Goons wish they were that edgy.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

WhyteRyce posted:

Some Elon Musk worshipper on Reddit said he'd rather live in freedom on desolate Mars than next to some nice lake on Earth. Goons wish they were that edgy.

You're totally free to go use your libertarian superman powers to buy a boat and live on it all the time outside of the 3 mile line, it's basically the same except with an atmosphere

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012
i think reddit won. I got a 12 hour probation for implying transexuals are mentally ill. something awful is no longer a safe space for me

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Grody posted:

i think reddit won. I got a 12 hour probation for implying transexuals are mentally ill. something awful is no longer a safe space for me

good, you can go ahead and gently caress off to /r/KotakuinAction now or whatever tia

Alvie
May 22, 2008

Is that guy with the brown walrus man avatar still around? He seemed pretty edgy. Can we get that guy to come back?

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Reddit is fail, but to be honest I think GBS sucks poo poo too. It's why I mostly post in FYAD, which is a lot funnier and better than GBS. The posters here are a bunch of loser 30 year old alcoholics who think they're so funny but they're not. No one in GBS comes close to being as funny as the likes of g0m, manyak and people like that.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Wizard Master posted:

Reddit is fail, but to be honest I think GBS sucks poo poo too. It's why I mostly post in FYAD, which is a lot funnier and better than GBS. The posters here are a bunch of loser 30 year old alcoholics who think they're so funny but they're not. No one in GBS comes close to being as funny as the likes of g0m, manyak and people like that.

word?

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Aw snap, the representative from the millennial breakfast club wants to throw down.

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

Wizard Master posted:

What kind of person posts in fyad these days? I suppose they're all well groomed, successful career wise, and involved in enriching social/romantic relationships in real life, but some how still find time to post zany 12 year old toilet humor in a subforum of a dying internet community?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Wizard Master posted:

tbh we're all gay down here

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

so we're a walled garden secret club for cool kids is what you're sayin' :c00lbert:

Yes and the wall / hedge maze is $10 high.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

empty sea posted:

At least we'll always have Slenderman. Some little girl stabbed another little girl to appease this dead, gay forums spooky god. Think about that, Reddit.

tbh im still kinda in awe of this

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

OMGVBFLOL posted:

tbh im still kinda in awe of this

like i distinctly remember the thread that created slenderguy and seeing the picture and being like "oh that's kinda spook i guess, neat" and moving on and now a child has killed her famil and i'm amazed at how far we've come

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Wizard Master posted:

Hey. SUB forum like lower forum.

And don't dox (doxx?) me.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

like i distinctly remember the thread that created slenderguy and seeing the picture and being like "oh that's kinda spook i guess, neat" and moving on and now a child has killed her famil and i'm amazed at how far we've come

reminding me of kill youre famil and how forced it was just turned me over to reddit's side

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
Reddit? I barely knew her.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

You jerks and your fancy-talking...

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures

empty sea posted:

This incredibly dumb and annoying 19 year old I dated a year or two ago brought up Slenderman for some reason, probably when the murders happened. I was like "I actually post on the website that created Slenderman :smug:" and she said, "you post on creepypasta too?? :downs:

I don't even know what creepy pasta is so I just didn't say anything...

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures
That reminds me, I was also in the sex tape that resulted in efukt shutting down a few years ago. The girl I made it with posted a lot on their forums, and shared the video with the owner who then got busted by his wife. Someone wrote a little blurb in encyclopedia dramatica about her, but no one ever knew the guy in it was me, and efukt got sold to new ownership or something. She shared it without my consent so she's a dick, but we're still good friends. She still has the old owners phone number, the little home-wrecker.

Times the internet got Too Real.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

dethkon posted:

This incredibly dumb and annoying 19 year old I dated a year or two ago brought up Slenderman for some reason, probably when the murders happened. I was like "I actually post on the website that created Slenderman :smug:" and she said, "you post on creepypasta too?? :downs:

I don't even know what creepy pasta is so I just didn't say anything...

get a load of this broad, some nerves she has

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Fat Shat Sings posted:

reminding me of kill youre famil and how forced it was just turned me over to reddit's side

it being forced was the entire point of the joke, which was the thread hastily coming up with a new meme to continue our murder streak. i guess maybe its a good thing if you turn over to reddit's side. your irony levels aren't high enough.

tegan and sara
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
your definitions of pedophilia and crime are super shotgun because u have authority complex issues due to ur families divorced life and moms psychosis. thats the reason. the compulsion for ur back peddling is because u need SA as its ur outlet. other ppl have other outlets theyre good at. im fine not posting here or even reading it. but when ppl and ur women come after me multiple times. ?????? SA is gonna be around forever but the culture will keep changing like it always has. regurgitation posts like urs of degree mill opinions dont change that

tegan and sara
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
the catch tho is that all the backstabber straight up liar poo poo u did over the years probably was antisemitic. and u touched my mom. so there will be blood no matter how many crocodile feel sorry for urself posts/tears/wiener kid political authority moves u and mics like u (kevin paul etc) want to try to pull

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

tegan and sara posted:

your definitions of pedophilia and crime are super shotgun because u have authority complex issues due to ur families divorced life and moms psychosis. thats the reason. the compulsion for ur back peddling is because u need SA as its ur outlet. other ppl have other outlets theyre good at. im fine not posting here or even reading it. but when ppl and ur women come after me multiple times. ?????? SA is gonna be around forever but the culture will keep changing like it always has. regurgitation posts like urs of degree mill opinions dont change that

hello

tegan and sara
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
want 2 play midair slut

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

nah im no drat good at anything that needs reflexes

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

tegan and sara posted:

im fine not posting here or even reading it.

This statement made unironically is the clearest indication of the extremity of Dare's mental illness we have yet seen.

tegan and sara
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
i think thats a deflect from ur own insecurities again

cant blame the jewish lookin kid for all ur issues or ur families

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

tegan and sara posted:

Who's rereg account is this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

well, actually it's not pedophilia it's ebonophiliBWAHAHA.
I can't do it.

• Locked thread