Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Your edits are going to kill me one day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

New Page! http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wielder-of-names-6-110/

I can't believe sweet Auntie Maya is gonna cut an angel in half with a hairpin.

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007
New Page. This is going to be so good. I have no idea who's going to win.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Happy Underpants posted:

New Page. This is going to be so good. I have no idea who's going to win.

Maya is a swordsman, 6 Juggs is just good at killing people.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Juggs is gonna get hosed up sooooooooooooooo bad.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
that poor nuclear powered tank guy

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Odds on this entire floating palace getting sliced clean in half before this is over.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
That hairpin is a tuning fork, isn't it. Hrm.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
strike angel to excite resonance

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Begemot posted:

New Page! http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wielder-of-names-6-110/

I can't believe sweet Auntie Maya is gonna cut an angel in half with a hairpin.

"Dance on that!"

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Archenteron posted:

Inasmuch as an icebergs chance in hell is greater than a snowballs chance, I suppose.

I hope you don't put any money on that, because you're not winning that bet.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Oh, I'm not worried about Juggs. I'm sure that 7 Juggernaut Star Scours The Universe will be a reoccurring villain.

RolandTower
Nov 19, 2003

Guns n' Roses n' Deus Ex Machina
Bleak Gremlin
What does "the maybe sword" mean. Is that something from the extra lore that I missed.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

RolandTower posted:

What does "the maybe sword" mean. Is that something from the extra lore that I missed.

It looks like a broken hilt, but it cuts hella good. So it may be a sword.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

rndmnmbr posted:

Oh, I'm not worried about Juggs. I'm sure that 7 Juggernaut Star Scours The Universe will be a reoccurring villain.

I think you've nailed it with this one.

A maybe sword in this context is basically a sword that exists in every possibility of cutting at once. So like.. if you were a novice and had it, you'd murder yourself with every possible way you could gently caress up in an instant. If you are really good and unpredictable though, then its basically a sword that lets you attack someone in every possible way that you could conceive all at same time. Potentially infinite cuts from all possible angles in the blink of an eye if you are impossibly creative. Theres a few versions of it out there in various sci-fi things but that's the gist.

So yeah, our angel friend here is going to be in pieces real soon.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
In The Scar by China Mieville, one of the main characters has a Possibility Blade that cuts more based on how.... expertly randomly... you swing it. It was pretty cool. Too bad the guy wielding it was anything but.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Uhhh doesn't sundering an angels armour make them explode though

I think that would be bad

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Renaissance Robot posted:

It's OK she can cut the explosion

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

JuniperCake posted:

A maybe sword in this context is basically a sword that exists in every possibility of cutting at once. So like.. if you were a novice and had it, you'd murder yourself with every possible way you could gently caress up in an instant. If you are really good and unpredictable though, then its basically a sword that lets you attack someone in every possible way that you could conceive all at same time. Potentially infinite cuts from all possible angles in the blink of an eye if you are impossibly creative. Theres a few versions of it out there in various sci-fi things but that's the gist.

abbadon never actually said this though

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Maya is Meti's lovely student, so this will probably be an even match instead of Juggs receiving an absolute curbstomp.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

SunAndSpring posted:

Maya is Meti's lovely student, so this will probably be an even match instead of Juggs receiving an absolute curbstomp.

If she's Meti's worst student, that probably means she's the best with a sword.

Her best students are probably enjoying nice, peaceful lives as farmers.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

By visual alone I saw it as "Maya has mastered swordsmanship so much she doesn't need the metal bit".

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
I have just come to a realization! This scroll by Broken Sword contains no secrets of his swordsmanship. What this reveals is his highest ideal. In the first state, man and sword become one and each other. Here, even a blade of grass can be used as a lethal weapon. In the next stage, the sword resides not in the hand but in the heart. Even without a weapon, the warrior can slay his enemy from a hundred paces. But the ultimate ideal is when the sword disappears altogether. The warrior embraces all around him. The desire to kill no longer exists. Only peace remains.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Mazerunner posted:

I have just come to a realization! This scroll by Broken Sword contains no secrets of his swordsmanship. What this reveals is his highest ideal. In the first state, man and sword become one and each other. Here, even a blade of grass can be used as a lethal weapon. In the next stage, the sword resides not in the hand but in the heart. Even without a weapon, the warrior can slay his enemy from a hundred paces. But the ultimate ideal is when the sword disappears altogether. The warrior embraces all around him. The desire to kill no longer exists. Only peace remains.

So what you're saying is that the desire to kill has been cut?

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Tenebrais posted:

By visual alone I saw it as "Maya has mastered swordsmanship so much she doesn't need the metal bit".

Somewhat related: My high school's fencing coach humbled an arrogant sabre fencer kid by beating him with a nail. That old man was so kick-rear end.

And that's exactly what I think with broken sword lady

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I'm just going to assume for now that The Maybe Sword is a sword that may be.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

JuniperCake posted:

From when the bullet was fired, it appears she can see all possible paths along which she cuts, and selects the right one. Similar to how she was able to avoid the thrown knife by seeing all paths the knife could take (judging based upon the way it was presented artistically).

Or not.

Just reread K6BD this afternoon, which clarified things a great deal, now being able to pick things out. Such as, the prophesy cartoon. Clearly there are our devil and angel friends to either side of Alison, but to the farthest right is that Auntie Maya? I think I can account for the rest of the characters portrayed.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Renaissance Robot posted:

I believe there's a spectrum from "render the armor uninhabitable" to "make the Angel blow up and die"

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

the sanctioned action is to cut

Lasting Damage
Feb 26, 2006

Fallen Rib
Wait a minute. Am I parsing that last panel correctly? Is that blood on the side of Maya's head, under her hair? Does she sheath the Maybe Sword in her skull?

:stonklol:

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

WEEP, PEASANTS

:c00lbutt:

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Lasting Damage posted:

Wait a minute. Am I parsing that last panel correctly? Is that blood on the side of Maya's head, under her hair? Does she sheath the Maybe Sword in her skull?

I think an observer is going to have hard time figuring out what blood came from which person in that room.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Party Membership is a Democracy, The Weave is Not.

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

Reene posted:

WEEP, PEASANTS

:c00lbutt:

Why is Maisie Williams holding a print copy of Kill Six Billion Demons?

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Some PDX nerds (hi) play D&D with Abbadon every Sunday. Today he handed us copies of the book ten days in advance of the release because he is cool and rad and this comic is cool and rad.

The book is gorgeous and amazing and everyone should buy it.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Reene posted:

Some PDX nerds (hi) play D&D with Abbadon every Sunday. Today he handed us copies of the book ten days in advance of the release because he is cool and rad and this comic is cool and rad.

The book is gorgeous and amazing and everyone should buy it.

I think I'm more jealous of this part tbh.

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

Lasting Damage posted:

:stonklol:

I think it's supposed to be scarring. Which might be why she pins her hair the way she does.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Superstring posted:

I think I'm more jealous of this part tbh.

:same:

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
I await the appearance of a Lazygun.

MikeJF posted:

The Maybe Sword is a sword that may be.
The Blessing Cannon would also be acceptable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
The Maybe Sword is better translated as the Sword of Might.