Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Darko posted:

This episode looked and was animated really good for Dragon Ball TV standards.

As I mentioned, they did something with the shading/coloring, and it looked very DBZ-ish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Vegeta being proud of his son is one of my favorite things

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I'm going to try to ask this delicately because of filez and whatnot. I watch subbed Super episodes in a location that recently doesn't play nice with a Chrome extension that almost everyone on the planet runs. It has made it difficult to get around and now clicks within that location pop up undesirable windows. If someone could PM me where they watch said subbed episodes, I would appreciate it greatly.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I use FF and UBlock has a filter list that blocks anti-adblock scripts. It's called Reek's Anti-Adblock List or something. I assume Chrome has something similar?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Darko posted:

Maybe since Kaioshin/Beerus are dead in the future, they're the new Kaioshin/God of Destruction combo.

I was thinking this exact thing. Maybe in Zamasu's universe Goku actually became the God of the Destruction.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
This episode was basically perfect. Lots of great character stuff and payoff for Trunks' recovery in the present, but also I love that Black's speeches are just utterly lost on Goku.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

This really is exciting. Everything I hoped to ever get out of Super! Maybe I'm just in a rare emotional place with some other stuff going on in my life, but Vegeta's proud smile plus him putting out food for the people brought a little tear to my eye.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Prince of all Saiyans who married into unfathomable wealth was defeated by Black Goku's SSR. Nice.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Darko posted:

This episode looked and was animated really good for Dragon Ball TV standards.

toei's best animator is working on next episode so it should be a treat

JohnnyCocksville
Feb 1, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Yes thats right but I think it's in my other pants pocket
Only it doesn't make a bit of difference guys. Dendes gone remember? The balls are inert
The balls are inert the balls are inert the balls balls balls balls balls balls balls

JohnnyCocksville fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Aug 28, 2016

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

This whole thing will become moot when Goku accidentally lands on the button Xeno gave him and he blinks the bad guys out of existence.

Oh god, please don't let it end like that.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

New Leaf posted:

This whole thing will become moot when Goku accidentally lands on the button Xeno gave him and he blinks the bad guys out of existence.

well they have to come back for the big tournament somehow.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

New Leaf posted:

That kid obviously can't actually do any of that stuff.

eatenmyeyes
Mar 29, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Did anyone else notice the music when Trunks sees Mai? The opening sounds like a homage to the main theme from Back to the Future.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

i have no idea what's going on with Zamasu and Black anymore, i've never been so caught off guard during a dragonball storyline before

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kelp Plankton posted:

i have no idea what's going on with Zamasu and Black anymore, i've never been so caught off guard during a dragonball storyline before

It's really kind of cool that in the year 2016 there are completely new Dragonball plots.

I'm trying to imagine telling 10 year old me "hey, there's going to be a plot where Future Trunks come back and he's fighting an EVIL GOKU but evil Goku can turn into an even BETTER Super Saiyan called Super Saiyan Rose and might be a FUSION..."

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Super is incredible. I just can't wait for the next episode.

Goddamn I'm going to be 28 in like 6 weeks.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
nvm

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Super is incredible. I just can't wait for the next episode.

Goddamn I'm going to be 28 in like 6 weeks.

Same here except I just turned 30 a week ago. Yikes.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Dango Bango posted:

Same here except I just turned 30 a week ago. Yikes.

Yup, I used to pay for Dragonball Z fansub VHS tapes back in the day. Each tape had about 3-4 episodes in terrible quality, sometimes with questionable subtitles, too. But, you were watching the original Japanese broadcast, so it was glorious.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
This was really cool and where Super should've gone a whole lot earlier.

Also Ki blades are really rad and I hope Black Goku throws them out like crazy.

I don't even watch this series

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

TheKingofSprings posted:

This was really cool and where Super should've gone a whole lot earlier.

Also Ki blades are really rad and I hope Black Goku throws them out like crazy.

I don't even watch this series

This is definitely more in line with DBZ-era stuff, but the rest of Super has been this weird DB/DBZ hybrid with its own brand of slice-of-life shenanigans thrown in. Apart from the mostly bad animation quality, and a very short "filler" arc with a weird Vegeta doppelgänger, Super has been excellent and well worth a watch.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Super has addressed 90% of fan criticism of Z not all, but most. Which was surprising.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Super is so goddamn good. It's essentially my like my personal favorite part of Z, the timejump period after Cell but before everything got all super serious again with Majin Vegeta., all the time.

They have managed to strike an amazing balance.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I don't like all of Super but by and large I think I've enjoyed Super more than I've enjoyed Z on a per-episode basis, but I've liked the goofy humor more than the fightmans for a while now.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I like Super because it's more of what made the Buu Saga great, just escalating power creep

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Aurora posted:

I like Super because it's more of what made the Buu Saga great, just escalating power creep

yeah, anyone who liked the Buu saga is probably digging Super

enormous cast of characters, lots of silly stuff even with some serious opponents, power escalating to absurdity over and over. new weird things all the time

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

there hasn't been that much power escalating since battle of gods. Even Super Saiyan Rose wasn't enough to keep Vegeta from pummeling black a bunch

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

iunno we got SSBKK and now Rose is actually pretty untouchable. Vegeta didn't actually do anything by punching him and Goku is also having trouble

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Also introducing a bunch of people who are stronger than Whis

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
SSB+KKx10 was most probably an anime-specific invention that would only be used that one time and never again.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

the anime is the lead story platform now, things being anime-only doesnt matter

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i adore the power creep in super and dbz as a whole. i saw someone link the over 9000 video on facebook earlier and it made me realize how ludicrous its gotten. they were like, godly at that point but were basically ants in comparison to say, the ginyu force who were dust next to freeza. from there the androids and the main characters were another tier ahead but were loving lame next to like, 2nd form cell never mind perfect cell. at this points we are talking galactic level threat. however even perfect cell was garbage compared to super boo who threatened literally all of existence, living and dead and mortal and god. from there boo becomes an actual afterthought compared to super sayain god which is almost immediately overshadowed completely by super sayain blue and then immediately a character is introduced which requires a 10x upgrade on ssb and now we're not even talking about living and dead worlds being threatened but multiple universes and the fabric of reality itself. not long after this someone comes around who makes Reality Threatening Warriors look like lames.

they just 100% do not even care about keeping things within bounds or any sort of rules, god ki is so utterly poorly explained so it's basically just "super loving strong" which is actually great because it makes for cool fights.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
How are they not just destroying everything around them(the planet) at this point?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
The funny thing is that I feel power creep got so RIDICULOUS in Super it actually made power levels less important, or at least the whole "Goku overcomes the villain's power level barrier" thing. Sure, there's still guys getting stronger and super-powerful villains, but Goku still hasn't got poo poo on Beerus and Whis, and the latter is never shy to say there's even more powerful people around. There's an entity now that could end THE MULTIVERSE around, so this Goku Black thing feels scaled-down even though it blows past Majin Boo on a "threat to the universe" scale.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The best thing about Super is that it's got a lot more of Dragonball in it than later parts of Z did. Obviously, it's not entirely like Dragonball either, but it's close to it.

e: Maybe not later Z because it had the more fun and slice of life like moments, but Namek/Cell perhaps, where it was more of a serious battle shonen.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Aug 29, 2016

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Akumos posted:

How are they not just destroying everything around them(the planet) at this point?

Goku's a martial arts master so he can use his destructive power with pinpoint accuracy and Black Goku's just copying Goku at this point.

Plus neither of them wants the planet blown up so why use planet-busting moves.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I still crack a loving smile whenever I think about Goku tumbling away only landing slightly to grab his tractor before continuing to tumble off, Team Rocket style.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

a cartoon duck posted:

Goku's a martial arts master so he can use his destructive power with pinpoint accuracy and Black Goku's just copying Goku at this point.

Plus neither of them wants the planet blown up so why use planet-busting moves.

Basically everyone in DBZ is holding back to some degree because they don't want to destroy everything. That is why Kid Buu was so dangerous. His relative power lever matters less than the fact he genuinely doesn't care if he blows up a planet for no reason.

Frieza would be that dangerous if he didn't have enough ego to want to win fights instead of just pulling a Planet Vegeta on anything that really bugs him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

ImpAtom posted:

Basically everyone in DBZ is holding back to some degree because they don't want to destroy everything. That is why Kid Buu was so dangerous. His relative power lever matters less than the fact he genuinely doesn't care if he blows up a planet for no reason.

Frieza would be that dangerous if he didn't have enough ego to want to win fights instead of just pulling a Planet Vegeta on anything that really bugs him.

And to that point, Freeza fuckin' killed everyone by blowing up Earth and if it wasn't for Whis Ex Machina, everyone would be hosed.

• Locked thread