Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Had to check just to make sure the good name of Victoria isn't being besmirched. Bogan A is from rugbyville, New south Wales, and Bogan B is from Perth. Good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
F1, Robot Wars and Victoria. That was some drat good TV yesterday. Hamikton coming from last to third? pfffft let me know when he goes from last, with half the race to go, to then win like Our Jense did in Canada.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

learnincurve posted:

Had to check just to make sure the good name of Victoria isn't being besmirched. Bogan A is from rugbyville, New south Wales, and Bogan B is from Perth. Good.

Got bad news for you
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Be3-J9XtJCw

An actor he ain't

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

nsaP posted:

Watching the interviews now thinking that it is good there are engine change penalties, that will stop a dominate team from using new motors constantly.

Now after this race Lewis went from the back of the grid to 3rd and he has more engines available than most people.

#F1

The original rule where penalties carried over to the next race kiboshed this thinking. Then honda and renault teams forced them to change it because they were going through engines like crazy. And now obviously merc have used that to their advantage and Lewis is now on the biggest pile of engines.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Also learnincurve next time theres an extended red flag due to rain, or during practice when they seem to read whatever's tweeted, can you tweet Sky about which presenters your birds hate and don't? May get it read on air like Bacon Briefcase

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Khablam posted:

I randomly read his autobiography because it was the only book left on a shelf in a youth hostel I was at.
It's actually a pretty good read. He does still seem a bit twattish, but by the end you do kind of agree with him on most things.

Although there is literally a bit where 'everyone stood up and applauded' near the start

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

I never thought I'd read of a Duncraig bogan as it's always been a middle class suburb, but there you go...
I'm pretty bogan (and Webbers age), and even bogans like me don't drink out of a shoe. E: Closest I'd get is homebrew, and sometimes a bad batch tastes that bad anyway.
I don't know what is up with Dan at all, I guess it all started with the Lemmy beard/goatee look at texas. But I'm suprised Webber went along with it.
Dan seems an OK guy, and my home city driver in F1 to boot :) but loving his new tag going from are dan to colgate bogan ;)

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Aug 29, 2016

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Riso posted:

Piquet was a nice chap.

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?
This loving little poo poo. He's either the grid's biggest troll or he seriously has a death wish. Or both.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/verstappen-vettel-and-raikkonen-should-be-ashamed-of-themselves-811205/

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Riso posted:

Yes what a surprise, a biography painting a nice picture about a person.

I think in http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/opinion/f1/frank-dernie-podcast we learn that he really kept pissing everyone off while Piquet was a nice chap.

Moansell.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

aequalis posted:

This loving little poo poo. He's either the grid's biggest troll or he seriously has a death wish. Or both.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/verstappen-vettel-and-raikkonen-should-be-ashamed-of-themselves-811205/

Someone needs to secretly put Pastor into Vettel's race suit and helmet and just missile straight on into Frogstappen.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Teens are pieces of poo poo.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
The way seb and kimi are feeling they will torpedo that ugly little gently caress themselves.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Human Grand Prix posted:

Teens are pieces of poo poo.

Jos should've beat him more.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

1500quidporsche posted:

Jos should've beat him more.

Couldn't that make him even more ugly and brain damaged?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Skarsnik posted:

Although there is literally a bit where 'everyone stood up and applauded' near the start

Well yeah, there's loads of nige-think in there (I can't recall him ever admitting fault) but overall I left feeling he didn't whine up more of a storm than, say, poois, and got a pretty cold approach from most F1 media at the time. This was years before EVERYTHING BRITISH IS AMAZING became the norm.
I mean Piqued hated him as much as he hated Piqued, so saying 'well Piqued said he's an arse, so..' is only one side of things.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

aequalis posted:

I'm guessing being the only non-Mercedes winner this year went to his head, combined with being promoted over Kvyat.

Doesn't matter that that was the race where both Mercs took each other out, but still.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Max Verstappen is going to kill someone.

That was some race.

Glad the Colgate Bogan was on the podium instead of frog boy.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

wait so we're talking about verstappen's nonsense defending later in the race, right? because the contact at the start was unquestionably vettel's fault

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Yes later. I have no issues with the 3 wide thing at turn one. Vettle hosed that one up.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The core incident was Vettel's fault but I question Verstappen's judgement that he was some how going to squeeze down the inside there having lost out so badly at the start.

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

1500quidporsche posted:

The core incident was Vettel's fault but I question Verstappen's judgement that he was some how going to squeeze down the inside there having lost out so badly at the start.

Except he was managing just fine, and Raikkonen didn't turn into him at all. There was room until Vettel turned into Raikkonen, which shunted him over into Max. Vettel had room to continue around the outside, he wasn't being forced off track.

Max is going to get someone killed with his defensive moves though, as much fun as they are to watch.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

The stewards are letting :frog: get away with murder for some reason.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Norns posted:

Glad the Colgate Bogan was on the podium instead of frog boy.
I agree, it's nice to have a likable Brit with a good smile on the podium for a change. The other UK people are so insufferable.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

gret posted:

The stewards are letting :frogdowns: get away with murder for some reason.

Can somebody just put a red bull hat on that and buy :shitcrappen: already?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

1500quidporsche posted:

This is a good idea

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Yeah I'm agreed that Max didn't do anything wrong T1 but his defending is dangerous. He's definitely taking a page from the Senna/Shu book of "I'm doing this, you decide if we crash or not" and within the current rules he's within his rights to do that, regardless of what 'driver etiquette' is. I dunno what the answer is or how you re-write the rules but I think it'll all work out.

TBH I think the drivers have just gotten a bit too respectful and complacent. If you watch when he moved over on Kimi, Kimi didn't come up straight behind him and then quickly dive to a side. He was lazily going to the inside and Max could see that and made his move. Kinda dangerous but Kimi all but put out a big banner saying HI THERE I'M GOING TO THE INSIDE, you know? I feel like I remember, especially pre-DRS era, cars coming up to pass and very quickly and suddenly swerving to a side to attack.

Whining about T1 tho is hilarious. Way different to the Kyvat/Kimi/Seb first lap incident from earlier in the season because Kyvat was never making the turn whereas Max made the turn within the rules, Seb just pinched them.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
In that same race Fernando The Beautiful was trying to get past someone (Hulk?) and when he went to make a pass he'd come up directly behind the dude and jerk to the side at the very last moment in what looked like a lot more dangerous maneuver than Kimi's lazy passes. Not that I'm defending Max. He's a menace.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The fact that more often than not he's fighting hungover far far past his prime Kimi is just a hilarious additional fact.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

1500quidporsche posted:

Dont forget punchable fish lips.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

yeah, kimi's overtaking attempts were incredibly lazy, and it's baffling that verstappen felt the need to be so aggressive in defense

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

1500quidporsche posted:

: maxoncrack :

(just needs a dutch flag and a tear. if someone is so inclined feel free)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I swear to god, I survived the hybrid engines, the dumb rear end rear wings, the awful tracks with massive tarmac runoffs, Vettel, Red Bull, and everything else, but I will quit watching if that frog faced little poo poo becomes the face of the sport. Disgusting

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Alain Post posted:

I swear to god, I survived the hybrid engines, the dumb rear end rear wings, the awful tracks with massive tarmac runoffs, Vettel, Red Bull, and everything else, but I will quit watching if that frog faced little poo poo becomes the face of the sport. Disgusting

It's already happening.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

sometimes i think maybe "frogface" is a little harsh, but then i look at the guy and...wow. almost exactly like a loving frog.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Sauber is blaming Ferrari for their poo poo weekend at Spa.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Nobody under the age of 30 should be able to drive a Formula One car.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Alain Post posted:

Nobody under the age of 30 should be able to drive a Formula One car.

Well, I guess we get to ignore Alain Prost's first five years in F1 then!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Look, Max is a frogface but in his defense most people look kinda weird in their teenage years.

• Locked thread