Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Saoshyant posted:

You. You know something, don't you? 'Fess up.

What, you didn't catch the new trailer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MytfhzcSF-Y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Jesus, look at those graphics :circlefap:

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
Do you think the NX will still have Download Play?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Nintendo marketing idea... If you preorder a NX it will be hand delivered by a waddle dee.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Instant Sunrise posted:

Updown play

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Instant Sunrise posted:

its already laborious to download a small demo on games like triforce heroes, i certainly hope that if it has download play they're small apps packaged as 'multiplayer trials' you can download from whatever eshop exists

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Word on the street is the Nintendo NX supports a significant number of players. Fellas, I think we're in for a wild ride.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Reiley posted:

Word on the street is the Nintendo NX supports a significant number of players. Fellas, I think we're in for a wild ride.

Well, it has to support 8 for the Smash port anyways.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

they named samus aran's gunship the nx

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

im excited for how the NX will be made into one of Link's items in breath of the wild and you'll have to somehow use both motion controls and panorama view at the same time

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

today is nintendo's last day to reveal the nx before they go out of business. i've crunched the numbers

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

oddium posted:

today is nintendo's last day to reveal the nx before they go out of business. i've crunched the numbers

While we wait to find out if oddium's accounting bears fruit, lets have some Nintendo history.

http://www.wired.com/2016/08/super-nintendo-25/

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Wired throws a "hey, turn off your adblocker or pay us, you leech" thing in my face when I go there. The fact that I did does not prevent this, so I had to open it in another browser entirely.

Anyway, the article makes a decent point about the Scorpio and Neo, but doesn't mention that Nintendo already did exactly this with the New 3DS, and ran into a problem: how do you make sure the new hardware is worth it? You need to talk developers into supporting the new hardware, and "good enough that people want to upgrade to the new shiny" may be money they're unable or unwilling to spend. Plus there's the issue of games that don't technically require the new hardware, but in practice are a complete pain in the rear end (lookin' at you, Hyrule Warriors Legends).

It also doesn't mention why Nintendo is giving up on backwards compatibility: they're changing architecture completely, there's nowhere to stick the Wii U discs, and the Wii U was a commercial failure so it's barely worth trying to hold on to that install base anyway. But I guess that's beside the point.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

MechaCrash posted:

It also doesn't mention why Nintendo is giving up on backwards compatibility: they're changing architecture completely, there's nowhere to stick the Wii U discs, and the Wii U was a commercial failure so it's barely worth trying to hold on to that install base anyway. But I guess that's beside the point.

Eh, it'd be nice if digital purchases carried over, in some capcity. I wouldn't mind being able to still play Bayonetta 1 and 2 on the new console, though this runs into that whole architecture problem so I understand why this can't/won't happen.

I'm not thrilled about Nintendo offering virtual console games I've owned on 3DS, Wii, and Wii U for sale again. If there's anything that ought to carry over, it's this.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

PBS Newshour posted:

Nintendo marketing idea... If you preorder a NX it will be hand delivered by a waddle dee.

Preordered 5 NXs right now.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Can a waddle dee really handle my water jetpack with care though?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

oddium posted:

wait, nintendo is doomed again? why did nobody tell me this, i would have bought all the copies of #FE from my gamestop

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

the nintendo doom clock was moved to 3 minutes before midnight last week

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I'm glad Nintendo is doomed!!!! they are a terrible company that deserves to go out of business!!!!! I hope they still make games for phones though

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Instant Sunrise posted:

the nintendo doom clock was moved to 3 minutes before midnight last week

I hear that Nintendo has upped its terror alert level all the way to the highest value, "Blue Shell".

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Raserys posted:

I'm glad Nintendo is doomed!!!! they are a terrible company that deserves to go out of business!!!!! I hope they still make games for phones though

gently caress you!! :mario:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Updown play

Nintendo Updog

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
Hi guys, looking forward to another week of NX rumors with no update at all from Nintendo since they will never announce the console?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
They aren't going announce it at all actually. Just gonna be on the shelves one day. Developers won't have even known about it at all!!!!

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Actually it was released last week. I'm posting from one right now!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

oddium posted:

can't say much, but i'm postponing this based off some rumors coming out of japan. nda obviously

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
I just had an idea that would actually be fairly boss. If they just merged Amiibo with solid state drives it would be pretty neat. Having the cart click into place on top of the console which is lodged into the base of the specialized amiibo it would be a much more interesting package/ collection than just an SD card. It would be a little more expensive but would actually be useful seeing as how current amiibos are jsut dlc horse armour for the most part.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

Houle posted:

I just had an idea that would actually be fairly boss. If they just merged Amiibo with solid state drives it would be pretty neat. Having the cart click into place on top of the console which is lodged into the base of the specialized amiibo it would be a much more interesting package/ collection than just an SD card. It would be a little more expensive but would actually be useful seeing as how current amiibos are jsut dlc horse armour for the most part.

it's an idea for sure, but Amiibos use NFC to transfer data and the bandwidth for that is actually quite low.

Edit: unless you meant something like having the edge connector for something like an SD card being exposed.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
Exactly, I mean something where it's an exposed SD card with an amiibo base being the case opposed to just the square. Could also double for amiibo features. That being said I personally would rather just SD cards since I can take those along with me wherever I go

Woptendo
Mar 23, 2006

Umm then how the heck will I still be able to take my amiibos in the tub with me?

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Houle posted:

Exactly, I mean something where it's an exposed SD card with an amiibo base being the case opposed to just the square. Could also double for amiibo features. That being said I personally would rather just SD cards since I can take those along with me wherever I go

It's a cute idea, but no.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Nice GAF mockup by Pittree that shows the scale if Rogers hearing the dev kits had a 6.2 inch screen translated to the end product.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
That looks absurdly uncomfortable.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

With its two USB ports you can simply plug in the Gamecube Controller Adapter and rest the display in the included Nintendo NX vertical Stand and play select games from the comfort of your personal controller.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

Chas McGill posted:

That looks absurdly uncomfortable.

It would be - if it looked similar to that they better have some grips on the back to make it more ergonomic. I also think the controls themselves are too minimal if the goal is to detach the controllers and operate them as Player 1 & Player 2 for multiplayer purposes.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I still maintain strong doubts that The NX is going to disassemble. I can buy the idea of a portable that can dock for TV play, but this whole "break off like a kit kat bar" concept doesn't have any benefits I can discern.

Also lmao at the Gamecube layout on that mockup.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
yeah, like someone said pages ago, I don't think the NX is going to be a Transformers toy

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

BillmasterCozb posted:

yeah, like someone said pages ago, I don't think the NX is going to be a Transformers toy

The NX will be a figure of Megatron.
It will alternate between robot, handheld, home console, artillery canon, and cyborg Tyrannosaurs.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010

Reiley posted:

With its two USB ports you can simply plug in the Gamecube Controller Adapter and rest the display in the included Nintendo NX vertical Stand and play select games from the comfort of your personal controller.

Considering how the controller doesn't work for anything other than Super Smash Bros I don't think Nintendo is too keen on that idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I press the power button on my brand new NX and oh my god, what is that, is that what I think... it is! It's R.O.B., it's just transformed into R.O.B. my robotic operating buddy, he's sliding out of my entertainment center and he's following me around and I can finally play Gyromite NX by walking him around my neighborhood, and his laser cannon will take out the bullies at school, it is amazing, god bless Nintendo!

• Locked thread