Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

ShowTime posted:

ACD had a lot of things, just tucked into obscure warehouses. I know because i ended up buying them out of Lynnsas, Wrong Eye & Snapjaws and something else, just to have for my store and, admittedly, to ship to Amazon. I haven't seen them restock anything, just that people are now ordering from their smaller warehouses.

I think Peachstate is the same way because some random rear end trolls poo poo that alliance was out of for a month came in a tiny Peachstate order from God knows where

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
I think the best part is that you made a Trump voter mad.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.
Speaking of shortages, S.J. did my poo poo ever come in or are you holding out on me because I poo poo talked timed turns?

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

Iceclaw posted:

I think the best part is that you made a Trump voter mad.

I think you should try to do one good deed a day. Its good for the soul.

http://conflictchamber.com/#b91bg26r4D5G6A6N6vcv4i6w5SeI5V

Skorne Army - 75 / 75 points

(Xekaar 1) Beast Master Xekaar [+31]
- Agonizer [7]
- Bronzeback Titan [18]
- Titan Gladiator [14]
- Titan Sentry [15]
- Aptimus Marketh [6]
Extoller Soulward [3]
Mortitheurge Willbreaker [4]
Saxon Orrik [4]
Paingiver Bloodrunner Master Tormentor [4]
Paingiver Bloodrunners [9]
Praetorian Keltarii (max) [15]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (max) [7]

This is what I'm thinking for my first few Skorne games in MK3 since I want to try Xekaar out. Love that model! Its mostly trying out some new stuff that I did not get to use much in Mk2 like Keltarii and the Bloodrunners. Marketh seems like a good fit as Deadweight and Mortality are strong, and if anything a chance to use Marketh cause I don't see a lot of good places for him lately. I hope to get in some games this weekend.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Crazy Ferret posted:

I think you should try to do one good deed a day. Its good for the soul.

http://conflictchamber.com/#b91bg26r4D5G6A6N6vcv4i6w5SeI5V

Skorne Army - 75 / 75 points

(Xekaar 1) Beast Master Xekaar [+31]
- Agonizer [7]
- Bronzeback Titan [18]
- Titan Gladiator [14]
- Titan Sentry [15]
- Aptimus Marketh [6]
Extoller Soulward [3]
Mortitheurge Willbreaker [4]
Saxon Orrik [4]
Paingiver Bloodrunner Master Tormentor [4]
Paingiver Bloodrunners [9]
Praetorian Keltarii (max) [15]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (max) [7]

This is what I'm thinking for my first few Skorne games in MK3 since I want to try Xekaar out. Love that model! Its mostly trying out some new stuff that I did not get to use much in Mk2 like Keltarii and the Bloodrunners. Marketh seems like a good fit as Deadweight and Mortality are strong, and if anything a chance to use Marketh cause I don't see a lot of good places for him lately. I hope to get in some games this weekend.

I'm not sure what the soulward's role is. Could drop it to replace saxon with a tycom, and put the extra point into a gobber chef or something.

I'm not sold on a list that has the bronzeback and less than 3 other titans, I would use an aradus soldier instead. I'd only really take it over an aradus in this gun-happy meta if I could leverage the poo poo out of its leadership.

I'm definitely not a fan of marketh because of the price, but you want to use him so whatever.

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

chutche2 posted:

I'm not sure what the soulward's role is. Could drop it to replace saxon with a tycom, and put the extra point into a gobber chef or something.

I'm not sold on a list that has the bronzeback and less than 3 other titans, I would use an aradus soldier instead. I'd only really take it over an aradus in this gun-happy meta if I could leverage the poo poo out of its leadership.

I'm definitely not a fan of marketh because of the price, but you want to use him so whatever.

The soulward was very much just left over points, as my gremlim swarm is unassembled so I threw it in for the remaining 3 points. I figured I could channel souls to Marketh if need be, and eyeless sight and the decent range attack have a time and place. I do really like the idea of the Tyrant Commander though and totally forgot I had one, albeit unassembled so I need to work on that this weekend. The Tyrant Commander would be way stronger.

I don't own an Aradus as well, but I will take that advice to heart. As far as Marketh, he is a bit of a hard sell these days despite loving my paint job on him. Soul Slave kind of got nerfed into the ground now that it cannot help cycle upkeeps. That said I think there is a place for him with Xekaar just because Mortality is a really strong spell. I figured that Xekaar will cast it on targets around his Beast Herd whereas Marketh can follow along the Keltarii and use it there. Deadweight is not bad either if i can angle it onto a colossal or important warjack/beast. Still, that's all solid advice.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Iceclaw posted:

Current starters are cool and good. However, there's no starter box for Mercs, alas, though there are official lists for them, you just have to purchase them separatly and lose over the good deal a starter offers. Khador are cool and good, and definitely got great changes in the recently released MK3.

gannyGrabber posted:

Khador is absolutely the best place to start this game (in my opinion). It's a well-rounded army with lots of neat tricks and a deep roster of Good poo poo. Also they are the coolest!!

Also buy this guy http://privateerpress.com/warmachine/gallery/khador/solos/man-o-war-drakhun

Thanks! I'll probably pick up the Khador starter then, and see if I can tolerate painting these days. :)

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
I really love the gremlin swarm but it is such an ADR piece.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

CaptCommy posted:

Speaking of shortages, S.J. did my poo poo ever come in or are you holding out on me because I poo poo talked timed turns?

Hah, I just got them in yesterday. Sent you a message before I saw this :v:

e: also maybe

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
I've been wondering about min units of demo corps and bombardiers.

I've been having a ton of success with my shock troops + officer + kovnik brick. And I'm wondering if putting another 9 points in for 3 demo corps, or 10 for 3 bombardiers, will help with that. 16 armor 8 boxes is non-trivial to get through, and they can compliment the shock troopers pretty well. Demo corps are cheap and still hit like trucks, bombardiers can shoot over the shock troopers heads. I don't think full units is the way to go with them, but 3-man squads can add some nice stuff to the list. Looking forward to the manowar theme lists to see if this would be worth investing in, since right now I just have my shock trooper squad, 2 drakhuns, a kovnik, and an extra metal model I used to use when I was running 2 min unit during my butcher1 tier days, and now use to proxy the officer.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I frequently use Bombardiers in both min and max units and they are always good. People underestimate the Mat7 and the delicious crit shred because they're a "ranged" unit.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Went to a tournament yesterday. I was running Kreoss1 pop'n'drop, and Amon jackspam with 6 heavies.

Game 1 was against Kromac2. Ended on turn 2 with Kromac falling (heh) victim to Kreoss1's feat. Ranged assassinations are super easy in Mk3, which is the only thing I don't like about it.
Game 2 was Kreoss1 against Hunters Grim. This guy is the only guy in my meta who plays Trolls, so I'd never played against them before. He had a solo which gave his warlock a buff which meant I couldn't shoot him when he's knocked down, so my entire plan basically went out the window. I managed to clear our most his infantry, but couldn't touch his warbeasts, and he won on attrition.
Game 3 was Amon against Magister Helynna. This game was loving rad. The mission was the one with the single circular zone in the center, and Helynna brought seven warjacks, and we had a big 'ol robot brawl in the center. I ended up winning because Synergy loving owns.

I'm pretty satisfied with 2/1.

TheInvisiblePooka
Dec 18, 2012

Geisladisk posted:

Went to a tournament yesterday. I was running Kreoss1 pop'n'drop, and Amon jackspam with 6 heavies.

Game 1 was against Kromac2. Ended on turn 2 with Kromac falling (heh) victim to Kreoss1's feat. Ranged assassinations are super easy in Mk3, which is the only thing I don't like about it.
Game 2 was Kreoss1 against Hunters Grim. This guy is the only guy in my meta who plays Trolls, so I'd never played against them before. He had a solo which gave his warlock a buff which meant I couldn't shoot him when he's knocked down, so my entire plan basically went out the window. I managed to clear our most his infantry, but couldn't touch his warbeasts, and he won on attrition.
Game 3 was Amon against Magister Helynna. This game was loving rad. The mission was the one with the single circular zone in the center, and Helynna brought seven warjacks, and we had a big 'ol robot brawl in the center. I ended up winning because Synergy loving owns.

I'm pretty satisfied with 2/1.

Suck poo poo on that last one. Warjack only fights in the pit are best games.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

TheInvisiblePooka posted:

Suck poo poo on that last one. Warjack only fights in the pit are best games.

Rude!

TheInvisiblePooka
Dec 18, 2012

Sorry, I meant sick poo poo. It was meant to be a compliment.

Phone posting is a bitch.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I eventually settled on Cygnar for my new faction. I like time magic, and the new Hal3y is a cool time wizard. Now I need to figure out what else to buy.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

WAR FOOT posted:

I eventually settled on Cygnar for my new faction. I like time magic, and the new Hal3y is a cool time wizard. Now I need to figure out what else to buy.

There are a lot of good options for her. I really like Sword Knights with Rhupert for DEF 17 tough no knockdown in melee. Regular trenchers are really good with tactical supremacy so they can lay out smoke and then retreat behind it so they can't be retaliated on. Grenadiers turn them into a nice little anti infantry/denial package all rolled into one with almost no investment from your caster. Anything with a decent DEF score is an easy choice of course, as DEF 13-15 heavies with 30 boxes and 18-20 ARM, not including Arcane Shield, is really good. And of course, with Revive, she really likes cavalry.

She wants a Journeyman of course since Arcane Shield can be put onto something and still benefit from her DEF spell, and she likes to spend her focus on herself. Strangeways is invaluable and goes in basically every list.

S.J. fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Aug 29, 2016

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

S.J. posted:

There are a lot of good options for her. I really like Sword Knights with Rhupert for DEF 17 tough no knockdown in melee. Regular trenchers are really good with tactical supremacy so they can lay out smoke and then retreat behind it so they can't be retaliated on. Grenadiers turn them into a nice little anti infantry/denial package all rolled into one with almost no investment from your caster. Anything with a decent DEF score is an easy choice of course, as DEF 13-15 heavies with 30 boxes and 18-20 ARM, not including Arcane Shield, is really good. And of course, with Revive, she really likes cavalry.

She wants a Journeyman of course since Arcane Shield can be put onto something and still benefit from her DEF spell, and she likes to spend her focus on herself. Strangeways is invaluable and goes in basically every list.

Yeah, I think the Storm Lance package (Storm lances, Laddermore, Jr running Firefly) with Trenchers in front is a really good place to start and is good with almost any Cygnar caster (Haley3 in particular). Also, Jakes with Gallant under Temporal Distortion is supremely annoying to try and deal with. Yes, hello I'm a DEF 17 ARM 19 can't be knocked down, pushed, slammed, or targeted by enemy spells heavy how do you do :getin:

S.J.
May 19, 2008

CaptCommy posted:

Yeah, I think the Storm Lance package (Storm lances, Laddermore, Jr running Firefly) with Trenchers in front is a really good place to start and is good with almost any Cygnar caster (Haley3 in particular). Also, Jakes with Gallant under Temporal Distortion is supremely annoying to try and deal with. Yes, hello I'm a DEF 17 ARM 19 can't be knocked down, pushed, slammed, or targeted by enemy spells heavy how do you do :getin:

The list I'm toying with has Centurion/Defender on Haley 3, and Thunderhead on Jakes1. DEF 16 Thunderhead is pretty hilarious. Wanted Ragman in the list so no Gallant but that's okay :v:.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
PP needs to make a line of old school sculpts. It should harken back to a simpler time when life was all robes, armor plates, and chain-mail. No more of this hyper detailed, belt covered, malarkey. I'm gonna go blind trying paint all these belt buckles.

Look at the deliverer sunburst crewman, a fine model, a simple model. Now look at the new Knights exemplar UA. Ain't nobody got time to paint that poo poo.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

AnElegantPeacock posted:

PP needs to make a line of old school sculpts. It should harken back to a simpler time when life was all robes, armor plates, and chain-mail. No more of this hyper detailed, belt covered, malarkey. I'm gonna go blind trying paint all these belt buckles.

Look at the deliverer sunburst crewman, a fine model, a simple model. Now look at the new Knights exemplar UA. Ain't nobody got time to paint that poo poo.

Play gators

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

waah posted:

Play gators

I do. But I also play Menoth.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

AnElegantPeacock posted:

I don't see a single belt buckle on this fine lady. That's a seriously good lookin' model IMO.

The only issue I have with PP's newer models is that there's some crazy scale creep going on. Right now I have Pyrrhus sitting on my desk alongside Kell Bailoch and Tavylin di la Rossi, which are both old models, and he's a fuckin' giant compared to them.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
To be fair he is a flameguard HERO and therefore is prolly really tall.

But on the other hand the new behemoth sculpt is bigger than my old one and it makes me mad.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Geisladisk posted:

The only issue I have with PP's newer models is that there's some crazy scale creep going on. Right now I have Pyrrhus sitting on my desk alongside Kell Bailoch and Tavylin di la Rossi, which are both old models, and he's a fuckin' giant compared to them.

To be fair, Kell was always exceptionally tiny compared to stuff that came out before and around the same time he did. I think the original Black 13 are also too small. Taryn seems in scale with the rest of my Mercs.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007

waah posted:

Play gators

Ive thought about picking up gators as a secondary faction. Any mustbuy kits for a player on a budget? I have wrong eye and a witchdoc.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

GoodBee posted:

To be fair, Kell was always exceptionally tiny compared to stuff that came out before and around the same time he did. I think the original Black 13 are also too small. Taryn seems in scale with the rest of my Mercs.

There was one particular sculptor who did some work for PP who did some work for PP who was kind of notorious for making the minis rather small, the Black 13 being his most notorious work.

I'm currently debating where I want to go with my Elara list. This is what I used last time:

Elara2
-Imperatus
-Banshee
-Phoenix
Arcanist
Arcanist
Max Sentinels w/UA & Soulless
Stormfall Archers
Stormfall Archers

Overall I felt that the warjack loadout worked pretty well, although not having an Aspis in there to shield guard the grevious wounds on a stick makes me a bit nervous. The main thing I'm considering is dropping one unit of stormfalls and the soulless for 2x HRTs and a third arcanist.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

lokipunk posted:

Ive thought about picking up gators as a secondary faction. Any mustbuy kits for a player on a budget? I have wrong eye and a witchdoc.

Right now as far as "the internet" is concerned gator warlocks are

Maelok <<<<<< Jaga Jaga << Barnabas <<<< Calaban << Rask

Maelok just isnt getting a lot of love. I don't think he's useless, but I wouldn't start with him.

Rask is still probably the top pure gator warlock. His gun is good vs warmachine and hordes armies, his spell list is good and his geat is pretty good too. In my opinion his feat (friendly models cant be targeted by attacks, charges, or slams made by models more than 5 inches away) mixed with Star Crossed from Wrong Eye is a real eff you.

Calaban is much improved and you should consider him for spell assassination shenanigans.

Barnabas is pretty straight forward and is a good play against an opponent with no anti-knockdown defense.

Jaga-Jaga is in a weird spot right now with the Mk3 meta as her feat only applies to warrior models. So if you aren't facing a list with infantry, she can underwhelm. However field marshall death rage is :swoon:

As far as beasts, if you are on a budget magnetize a blindwalker/wrastler. Croak raiders are still good when used in a minions army so that you can have friendly faction spells and abilities apply to them. Posse are nowhere near as good as they used to be, but on a budget you could probably get a unit of two for pennies.

Boneswarms are really... challenging to find a spot for in your army. You could probably stay away from them. Bull snappers having spiny growth self only lessened the value of the bull snapper.

Dahlia and Skarath are really good IMO and fly under the radar. You should check them out.

Thats enough words for now, I'll let someone else talk

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Efaarit scouts seem crazy good. Why doesn't anybody run them..?

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

gannyGrabber posted:

Wish I could take these fuckers in khador. Look great, model looks great

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I'm running our first Mk3 Journeyman and broke out my gators for it. Right now I can say the gator battlebox equivalent is real bad. It's not helped when so many people picked up Khador. Kozlov totally fucks over Barnabas with Chosen Ground and armor too high to chew through. That's not even getting into the terrible progression you'd have to follow in the unmodified Journeyman rules.

That all sounds pretty negative, but gators are still cool and good in general. Plus this way I'm easy pickings for all the new guys, heh.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

gannyGrabber posted:

I started running one in Circle lists, makes we want to get a second now. I like being an rear end in a top hat sniper with them popping in and out of cover.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

gannyGrabber posted:

Because they are expensive $$ wise is my excuse.

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

waah posted:

(snip)
Dahlia and Skarath are really good IMO and fly under the radar. You should check them out.

As a Ret player, I just love the look on people's faces when I can get their whole unit caught between Snek and Disco, because surprise dueling 10" sprays across their whole poo poo just kinda ruins their whole day. I daresay they got even better in Mk3, even if it's kinda rough fitting them into an army points-wise.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
I'm trying so hard to find a way of fitting Elara1 + Disco and Dahlia & Snek into a list. I can't really justify it especially because every Warmachine Player is slamming down 3+ heavies right now just because it works and Hordes players (outside of Trolls) have been doing that anyway.
But if things change a little and more combined arms forces are taken, I'll make it work somehow.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Dalia and Skarath are a Merc unit so I could run them in Mercs now. That's neat. I want to paint that snake. They weren't included in any Merc contracts in MKII. Were they in anyone's theme force?

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Which of the main factions has a lot of Jack/Beast-heavy lists? I can't decide between Khador, Cygnar, Trolls, or Legion. I'm terrible at war games and I hate moving around tons of little puny troop models, and I need something forgiving. Trolls seem nice with their regeneration abilities and tough rule on their actual troops maybe?

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Pretty much everyone can do Jack heavy now.

Trolls have issues running lots of beasts. Legion can do it with ease thanks to shepherd and forsaken.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
Yeah, Trolls are the worst at running a lot of beasts hot (e: or maybe tied with Minions, but I don't know poo poo about Minions as a faction in actual play), but at least the Mountain King is really strong now. Expensive money-to-points-wise, but it's good.
And Trolls can still play beast bricks well, just can't expect them to go all out every turn.

Cygnar really like their units right now and Trenchers and/or Storm Lances make up the backbone of a lot of lists.

I'd probably look at Legion first, Khador second.

Wizard Styles fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Aug 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Floppychop posted:

Pretty much everyone can do Jack heavy now.

Trolls have issues running lots of beasts. Legion can do it with ease thanks to shepherd and forsaken.

Do Legion beasts crumble if you look at them wrong? I think I remember that from Mk1