Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

White 2's post game is awesome. I'm on area 10 of the white treehollow then I think I'll be ready for the E4 refights. It's cool that my Pokémon are level 70+ and there are enemy trainers that match and even exceed my levels. The PWT is great too.

I do wish that I knew someone with black 2 so that I could play hard mode and whatever black city is though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

mandatory lesbian posted:

you have hosed up, the past you i mean, as now you have no way of getting gen 5 uuuuuuuuh the white 1 dragon, whatever it's name was

Zekrom.

But you should do the postgame for any game that's not either Gen 1 or Ruby and Sapphire, because there's usually a fair amount to do. Gen 6 and Emerald postgames don't have a huge amount, but enough that it's worth it. Like Black and White has the entirety of East Unova, rematching the Elite Four, Challenge Cave on Route 9 and meeting all the criteria for Memory Link for your Black 2 game, among other things.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

it's funny i can remember all the pokemon from the first 3 games but i can't remember a cover legend for a game i owned and beat not what, 5 years ago now

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

if i remember right, pokemon uranium added an evolution for dunsparce where at a high level it learns skyfall and then once it levels while knowing that it'll turn into a dragon/flying thing

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Johnny Joestar posted:

if i remember right, pokemon uranium added an evolution for dunsparce where at a high level it learns skyfall and then once it levels while knowing that it'll turn into a dragon/flying thing

I can't believe my dead mom was a Dunsparce all along.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Espurr is my new buddy, he is called NightSnack.

Johnny Joestar posted:

Yup, Dunseraph

Problem is you'd have to play Uranium.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

The Bee posted:

I can't believe my dead mom was a Dunsparce all along.

was the dead mom thing ever actually confirmed or are people just assuming

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Golden Goat posted:

Yup, Dunseraph

Problem is you'd have to play Uranium.

I appreciate Uranium's dedication to having sprites be a deliberate throwback to circa 2004 lovely fakemon sprites from Serebii.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

most of uranium's designs hit this weird, uncanny feeling where it comes off like the artist doesn't exactly 'get' pokemon

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I'm not expecting great designs from a Pokemon fan game, but nothing been extremely awful. Just sorta dumb.

E: example

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's funny to compare it to pokemon sage which isn't close to being done from what i understand, but they have a complete pokedex and sprites for like 99% of them and they all look great and like they could actually show up in a real pokemon game. then you compare it to uranium and they sort of look like discount knockoffs

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Please post the dumbest uranium sprites including the dead gay mommon. I need a laugh

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Just pretend Zygarde is mega Dunsparce.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

mandatory lesbian posted:

you have hosed up, the past you i mean, as now you have no way of getting gen 5 uuuuuuuuh the white 1 dragon, whatever it's name was

Oh well... I have what I have. I wasn't really planning on catching them all or making competitive teams on anything less than the current gen, anyway. I just wanted to play the different games through the elite four \ champion so I could see what I missed between Gens 2 and 6.

I don't think I'm going to do "proper" Gen 3 either as I have Omega Ruby. That is, unless I can find Emerald for cheap.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
The mark of a bad fanfic writer is when they start mixing in religious and angelic references where they are inappropriate (everywhere)

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Ka0 posted:

Just pretend Zygarde is mega Dunsparce.

if only it had the best ability ever instead of just a counter to two very rare abilities.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Bartie posted:

The worst pokemon:

:chloe:

Forretress is amazing what the gently caress is wrong with you

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Internet Kraken posted:

Forretress is amazing what the gently caress is wrong with you

:agreed:

what kind of degenerate lumps forretress with probopass

every bug/steel pokemon except wormadam (c'mon that form is even called trash) is great, even durant

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Trubbish is the best\worst Pokemon depending on how you look at it, as it's a literal pile of garbage and thus subtle meta-commentary.

The ice cream cones are loving dumb and terrible, though.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

trubbish and the ice cream cones are literal light years better than probopass in every way

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
the only thing that comes close to redeeming probopass is that it can run a FEAR set, the true terror of battle spot for teams without fake out.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
Probopass is cool and my friend and can learn the elemental punches and is good :colbert:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

probopass' little statues rotate around and do a cool cannon thing. not my favorite but not bad

Blaine the Train
Aug 18, 2006
Choo choo, pardner.
Garbodor and Probopass are two of my favorite pokemon, I won't stand for this slander. :(

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Ok, does anyone like:

Surely these are the most unlovable.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

those also suck but they're not as entirely 100% unappealing as probopass is. kind of like weird knockoffs at worst

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
The most unlovable is the Pokemon that shows up when the screen goes off

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
conkeldurr is really loving strong at least

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Geokinesis posted:

Ok, does anyone like:

are you insane

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Geokinesis posted:

Ok, does anyone like:

Those are literally the Top 3 Fighting Type designs.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Geokinesis posted:

Ok, does anyone like:

Yeah because:

quote:

Pokemon Megathread 7.0: Our favorite Pokemon is every Pokemon

so can we please stop the endless "man I can't BELIEVE there are people who actually LIKE design X/Y/Z" posts, I know it's a bit of a drought regarding any Sun and Moon info, but this circlejerk repeats every 2 pages or so nowadays. I'd rather read up on how did the anime go after Ash failed to win again.

EDIT: Oh yeah and

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
ok but please defend the virtues of delibird

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Kikas posted:

so can we please stop the endless "man I can't BELIEVE there are people who actually LIKE design X/Y/Z" posts, I know it's a bit of a drought regarding any Sun and Moon info, but this circlejerk repeats every 2 pages or so nowadays. I'd rather read up on how did the anime go after Ash failed to win again.

don't read it then

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Calaveron posted:

The mark of a bad fanfic writer is when they start mixing in religious and angelic references where they are inappropriate (everywhere)

what's the mark of a good fanfic writer, then?

speaking of fanfic, I haven't read much in the way of good Pokemon fanfic even though I went through a long period of reading it. Most of it was amusing junk, but there was a pretty wild one with Team Rocket's Wobbuffet as the main character in a dystopian future where all the humans had died. I swear I am not making this up. It was the best fanfiction I've ever encountered, because it was aggressively weird, and had a good sense of character and place. The plotting was crazy, too. iirc Meowth was the main villain. the same author did a spin-off prequel featuring a Glalie as the main character, that was also pretty good, and harrowing because it showed a Pokemon being captured against its will by a human in a fairly disturbing way. The fact that the trainer did not abuse the Glalie made it MORE unsettling. like eventually it comes to like the trainer, but it's written as a kind of Stockholm Syndrome thing.

the other great one I remember involving a Linoone trying to organize a bloody revolution of Pokemon against all humanity. had a lot of good things to say about the nature of revolutions and why they usually fail.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Zoness posted:

He's super adorable and just wants to deliver presents to all the good trainers of the world.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Zoness posted:

Who doesn't like getting gifts?

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Kikas posted:

EDIT: Oh yeah and

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Those are literally the Top 3 Fighting Type designs.

I'm sorry, I don't see Hawlucha there.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Spatula City posted:

what's the mark of a good fanfic writer, then?

That they are dead because the only good fanfic writer is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
actually i much prefer to this discourse on bad pokemon to any talk about how fanfiction

doesn't delibird hurt you with presents though. that seems not so good.

edit: I looked up what present does and it has a chance to heal the target. Ok that's kind of on theme, but I'm not sure what that says about how delibird sees our interaction.