Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

el B posted:

Whaaaa?

Trials is going away for a while soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Since next week is last week I'm debating on bringing my console to PAX to double down on the west coast connection.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
For each expansion so far they have released a tiny bit of it early to build hype. Im sure they will do the same.

And trials is going away for 2 weeks. Can't let those who are good at PvP get good gear when it matters most.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

CheeseFactory posted:

And trials is going away for 2 weeks. Can't let those who are good at PvP get good gear when it matters most.

Don't they do this every expansion?

magic_pixie
May 14, 2013

I'm the red bar, it was me all along!

Eltoasto posted:

How long does it take to get used to aiming and shooting with a PS4 controller? Because ho boy am I terrible at it. Also do people still use that batch thing to add PSN friends, cause I have none :smith:

Depends on how comfortable you are with dual joysticks in general. Prior to this gen, I didn't really play many FPS on consoles, but I did have experience with other genres. So it didn't take that long to make the adjustment, though I am still kind of scrubby. What helped me the most was learning to control the reticle continuously and smoothly. Also, if you can get a good sense of exactly where the reticle is without having to ADS or squint at the screen, lining up shots becomes a breeze. Find a good sensitivity and good luck!

Also, add me on PSN: magic_pixie - EST, mainly do casual crucible and PvE daily stuff, though I'm down for anything with chill people

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Call of Cholula posted:

Don't they do this every expansion?

They did it for TTK yeah

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

They did it for TTK yeah

All of the pvp spergs with 3 blade dancers tripping over their dicks to roll a hammer titan was pretty funny the first few weeks of ttk.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I would assume they shut down trials for a couple weeks so you don't have a bunch of lopsided games where people at the old max level are running against sperglords who have 200 exotic engrams in their vault and got to the new light cap in 30 minutes.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

xzzy posted:

I would assume they shut down trials for a couple weeks so you don't have a bunch of lopsided games where people at the old max level are running against sperglords who have 200 exotic engrams in their vault and got to the new light cap in 30 minutes.

Pretty much. Also they want all the streamers and poo poo to focus on the raid the first weekend i imagine.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

BlindSite posted:

All of the pvp spergs with 3 blade dancers tripping over their dicks to roll a hammer titan was pretty funny the first few weeks of ttk.

Yeah. All the dudes who mained blades for 12 months jumping ship in a nanosecond.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

xzzy posted:

I think its probably so they can open the raid on saturday and ensure it doesnt break the game. Iirc ttk had the raid out the first Saturday and trials the following weekend

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

Call of Cholula posted:

Good call. I think teleporting minotaurs were just causing us to kill ourselves with Telesto. Paging Mikey_San to explain his shameful performance, causing me to seethe like sjackson in trials when I don't know where "no, over there!" is. :argh:

lmao I have no explanation other than being tired and a jackass

mostly just the jackass part

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

BlindSite posted:

I think its probably so they can open the raid on saturday and ensure it doesnt break the game. Iirc ttk had the raid out the first Saturday and trials the following weekend

It took them way longer to start trials back up. I might be wrong but I think hard mode King's Fall might have been available by then.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Wanted to see how bad I borked my stats playing while drunk as hell sat night.

Dat snipes % tho.

BlindSite fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Aug 29, 2016

Banzai 3
May 8, 2007
I'm only here for the weekly 24 bitchfest.
Pillbug
If anyone wants to do some basic strikes, I'm back after 8 months of not playing and streaming and also drunk. Join my PS4 party or stream for poo poo music and play. https://twitch.tv/banzai324

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Ps4 exclusives are meh. Sector 618 is total aids. Don't need jade rabbit when you have the IB scout. Hawk moon isn't what it once was. Pantheon is cool tho

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I like 618.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Rift on 618 is great fun when you've got good team synergy. Rolling through the corridors at either end of the map as a massive train of death with the runner as caboose is a good and nice feeling

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
/solo drop into Control
"Oh a 6 man, this might be a little rough"
/dies to RR LitC Timur's Lash
/dies to Matador
/dies to Felwinter's Lie
"What the gently caress is going on here?"

Oh. Pogs' crew. Jesus loving Christ. I had to bust my rear end to even get that 0.93. Pogs himself is ranked single digit world wide in Control/Clash let alone the hilarious elo's on the rest of his team.

While no one likes getting absolutely destroyed getting worked by Crucible elite is kind of interesting. It showed me sightlines on Thieves Den I didn't even know existed. Gonna have to try some of these out.

Edit: I'm Evasive is currently on a SIXTY FOUR game winning streak on Control with his Warlock. Holy loving poo poo.

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Aug 29, 2016

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
:v:

http://i.imgur.com/ndTG3AT.gifv

Jesus Christ

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

All I want in a balance patch is for the homie Shaxx to slow his fuckin roll. No need to tell me I've lost the lead when the match just started. I got this chief. I'm in the fuckin zone.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Turkey Farts posted:

All I want in a balance patch is for the homie Shaxx to slow his fuckin roll. No need to tell me I've lost the lead when the match just started. I got this chief. I'm in the fuckin zone.

Yes. This.

Your falling behind, your in the lead, your falling behind,your in the lead.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
so because of the Y2 moments of triumph I realized I didn't do A Blade Reborn

getting those rare materials sure was a slog and I do not look forward to more of that in RoI

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/08/29/introducing-and-breaking-down-destiny-rise-of-irons-archons-forge.aspx

Article about the Archon's Forge

- They wanted a similar feel to an "enemies moving against each other" event with no complicated mechanics
- There's a spectator area, and you go there if you die. But there's stuff you can do to get back in the fight (spending a currency)

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That's super game design right there, Bungie making players even more risk averse and prone to hunting down the safest and cheesiest way to complete an activity. Wouldn't want people mixing it up in a firefight having the time of their life or anything.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Haha group of idiots rolling 5 party in rift quits out as soon as my team of randoms dunked one spark. Hilarious.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

FishBulb posted:

Haha group of idiots rolling 5 party in rift quits out as soon as my team of randoms dunked one spark. Hilarious.

Feel bad for #6 on their team left to deal with you....

Nah actually I don't :snoop:

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

Roman posted:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/08/29/introducing-and-breaking-down-destiny-rise-of-irons-archons-forge.aspx

- They wanted a similar feel to an "enemies moving against each other" event with no complicated mechanics
- There's a spectator area, and you go there if you die. But there's stuff you can do to get back in the fight (spending a currency)

Holy God just put firefight in already.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Doubles is so sweaty I hate it but I want 5000 grimoie score damnit :(

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Alright, I just preordered Rise of Iron and I have not played Destiny since the first expansion. I'm level 30 with a 142 light level. What is everything I need to do to make sure I'm ready for Rise of Iron in a few weeks?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

CubeTheory posted:

Alright, I just preordered Rise of Iron and I have not played Destiny since the first expansion. I'm level 30 with a 142 light level. What is everything I need to do to make sure I'm ready for Rise of Iron in a few weeks?

Play the story missions
Do some strikes
Find some goons to chain run Challenge of Elders

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

CubeTheory posted:

What system are you on? I'm sort of in the same boat -- I just started playing again for the first time since the week Wolves came out. I'm 40 now but I wouldn't mind an undergeared buddy if you're on PS4. Add me "literallygary"

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

sunday at work posted:

Holy God just put firefight in already.

I thought the Prison was basically firefight?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

omg chael crash posted:

I thought the Prison was basically firefight?

It's kind of firefight light, too much downtime and not enough nonstop shooting. Once you figure out the spawns it's just a question of camping the right doors and shooting everything that comes through it.

The taken Prison fixed some of that, the fighting is a lot more fun when stuff can't hide behind an invisible wall. But it still has the three distinct waves then go back to the hub model which I hate.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Roman posted:

I am not gonna lie. This area looks bad. And I can already hear what my groups of friends are going to say (they *hated* prison of elders).

Anyway I am easy to please. Give me some sweetness fights.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
i really dont understand why they dont just put in Firefight. Its clear everyone wants it. They could even keep doing the dumb weekly scoreboard thing they do on the update.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Well for one the game can only have 25 or so enemies active at once which is pretty well below the average wave sizes I've seen in any other firefight games I've played.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Is that on the modern consoles or is last gen HOLDING US BACK AGAIN

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

We'll find out in a couple weeks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Yeah I'd like to see a "seek and destroy" mission or something from the vanguard. "Guardian these assholes are planning an attack on an outpost on the moon"

Drop in and theres a few hundred enemies spilling into an area and a few ammo crates on the ground and you kill poo poo like the enemies moving against each other events.

Its fun as hell when theres like 3 or 4 pubbies in the area popping supers and grabbbing rezs etc.

• Locked thread