Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I coulda sworn in the manga, when Kira and Josuke pass each other on the crosswalk after the whole group separates that they brush against each other as they pass and that's what gets Kira to glance at him, but looking at it now I guess I made that up which is lame cause I thought that was cool

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Aug 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Dunno why people think Kira's ability is convenient when he presumably got a Stand for being as into serial killing as Rohan is to drawing and Tonio to cooking.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Rohan was shot with the arrow, but his powers being manga related are probably due to him being really into drawing manga, obviously

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I mentioned a while ago that it was weird he was shot with the arrow and that he didn't get them naturally when he's at least as dedicated as Tonio. According to the thread Araki retconned it later to the latter because it makesmore sense.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Moltrey posted:

found a good portrait of kira

man that is one off model killer queen.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
alright hold on lemme fix it

there we go

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Is there a reason Josuke can't punch the button and it would go back to Kira's jacket?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

he can, but they'd probably just straight up lose their only piece of evidence instead of magically being able to follow it the whole way at breakneck speed

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
jotaro should hold tight the button as it flies away towards kira

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Also, the button isn't like, broken. There's no original state for Crazy D to return the button to.

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice

Johnny Joestar posted:

he can, but they'd probably just straight up lose their only piece of evidence instead of magically being able to follow it the whole way at breakneck speed

This, and once the button came off the jacket, it probably wasn't part of the jacket anymore, it's just a button now and the button itself isn't broken in any way.

Edit: beaten

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Moltrey posted:

Also, the button isn't like, broken. There's no original state for Crazy D to return the button to.

Neither was that pipe he screwed back into its mounting.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

A reminder that this dude just murdered the dude with the stronger stand as far as Josuke believed. Going straight after him could have been a terrible idea.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Nitrousoxide posted:

Neither was that pipe he screwed back into its mounting.
Yeah but that allowed Josuke and Okuyaus to look cool, Crazy Diamond only does fixes that are cool

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

*Crazy diamond punches a house*

*The wood starts flying away and then congealing into a tree in the middle of a strip mall*

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

And now I can finally post these

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

poo poo that's right, the long awaited Trailer Park Boys DIU cross over pic:

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

RareAcumen posted:

And now I can finally post these

would kira being way into idols and catgirls be better or worse than murdering women and taking their hands

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Raserys posted:

would kira being way into idols and catgirls be better or worse than murdering women and taking their hands

worse

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Kira is a horrible murderer, I watched him kill a middle school boy, and I would trust him way more than I do any terrible idol fan

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Bubbles would never kill anyone, this art is good yet slander

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Moltrey posted:

Yeah but that allowed Josuke and Okuyaus to look cool, Crazy Diamond only does fixes that are cool

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

My Stand, SMOKE  WEED  EVERY  DAY

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Every time I see this it is a delight

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Trailer Park Boys' Bizarre Adventure: Weed is Unbreakable.

You cannot defeat my Stand, [DAY  DRINKING]!

We'll see about that. "SKUNK PLATINUM: THE PARK!"

In my headcanon, Lahey is DIO.

hoobajoo fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Aug 29, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kakyoin is Trevor

PeaceDiner
Mar 24, 2013

My grandma is visiting, so she ended up watching the latest episode with me and my parents. Afterwards, my mom asked what she thought of it and she gave one of the better descriptions of JoJo I've heard from somebody who doesn't watch anime:

"It was strange, and a little gross."

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

PeaceDiner posted:

My grandma is visiting, so she ended up watching the latest episode with me and my parents. Afterwards, my mom asked what she thought of it and she gave one of the better descriptions of JoJo I've heard from somebody who doesn't watch anime:

"It was strange, and a little gross."

pretty much dead on

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Rewatched this episode with a friend and I'm 90% sure the bit where Kira wipes his own neck blood and stuffs his fingers in his mouth to lick it up, but keeps talking was an anime addition which is good cause it's pretty funny.

e: also the woman who became kira's latest victim (god rest her soul) went all out on her eyeliner/eyelid foundation dang girl

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Moltrey posted:

h*ck yes

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Kurtofan posted:

Yeah and Okuyasu and Josuke lives right next to each other.

(basically it's just a way to explain why all these powered characters meet in a small Japanese town.)

they live a couple houses down :o:

rule of thumb in the jojo universe is that "it's fate, Araki ain't gotta explain poo poo." <--- I say this to all my friends who read jojo for the first time

Every jojo hero and villains are literally opposites, sides of coins and all. Kira can take things apart, Josuke can put it back together

Dio is an exception because obviously, he's using Jonathan Joestar's body. Uhh sorry if spoiling? I mean, Jojo is like 25+ years old at this point

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

hoobajoo posted:

Trailer Park Boys' Bizarre Adventure: Weed is Unbreakable.

You cannot defeat my Stand, [DAY  DRINKING]!

We'll see about that. "SKUNK PLATINUM: THE PARK!"

In my headcanon, Lahey is DIO.

Randy,....I am the liquor *stand emerges to pummel randy intoxicatedly*

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Moltrey posted:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Killer Queen is my favourite Stand so far, it's design is great, and when I saw that DAVID had changed it, I was incredibly angry with rage, but it wasn't as bad in the second episode so it's cool. Basically, this lack of a smooth curve line from head to ear and the smaller eyes really threw me off.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Kira and Killer Queen had better duet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a01QQZyl-_I

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
It's kind of interesting that Kira still remembers Reimi's name, but he doesn't remember the name of the woman he killed at the end of Rohan Kishibe's Adventure.

I guess he probably stalked Reimi for a while before killing her?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Reimi was his first kill

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Wasn't she his first kill?

e: drat IT

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yeah, either that or one of his first. she wasn't exploded and i dunno if he took a hand from her? araki liked the 'killer under the bed' spooky story a lot and wanted to include that. i assume kira only developed his particular killing tastes and habits once he'd gotten into the swing of things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I mean he obviously killed the dog first

• Locked thread