Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014

nsaP posted:

Yeah y'all that's all the IRC crew meant when we said we've been dealing with him thus far. You all just got a taste now.

sperg_zero please calm down and try to read the advice without any filters. You seem to approach this with a dramatic view of what you think people are saying while ignoring what they are actually saying.

You suck the fun and oxygen out of everything don't you?

At least mailbox has that gimmick of hypocrisy, but I guess after you told him "stop riding" he joined the piss and vinegar crew.

Do you shake your fist at clouds?

Have I made you mouth "whippersnapper" under your breath?

Is it your ball sweat on all the old Aerostitch?

Can you clear the room with a fart after dinner?

Inquiring minds must know!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Someone's acting awfully aluminum.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
Lol
Never mind, don't buy a dirt bike

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014
I dunno are you remotely constructive or just a poo poo spewer like him?

Bullshit for no purpose but being a big sandy butthole is utterly useless.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Space Whale posted:

Bullshit for no purpose but being a big sandy butthole is utterly useless.

And yet you continue to not understand these here forums. It's nothing but sandy buttholes as far as the brown eye can see. Embrace the sandy buttholes, give em a hug and listen to what they have to say. Then ride your 300 for another year and at the track. Then upgrade.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
Just buy an f4i, they'll go easy on you then

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

PaintVagrant posted:

Just buy an f4i, they'll go easy on you then

i actually told him this in IRC, just buy whatever the gently caress and gently caress off with the pretending to want advice thing. get a big bike and just shine on crazy diamond

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Razzled posted:

get a big bike and just shine on crazy diamond

You're sucking the fun out of things, man; stop sucking the fun.

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014
Whining window shopping and asking about poo poo won't uncrash that mailbox.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Window shopping won't keep that rib from popping

Mine rhymes so it's true

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014
I'm glad I learned to not brake like a tard on a parking lot instead of a residential street.

uncle spero
Nov 18, 2011

Bobby couldn't make it...
'till he went fun-truckin'!
All I can say is I need to get on this irc thing.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
irc.synirc.net #bieks we welcome all comers

those who claim to be banned are merely butthurt, only banned person atm is smokey and he doesn't even have a bike.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Space Whale posted:

I'm glad I learned to not brake like a tard on a parking lot instead of a residential street.

counterpoint: kissing mirrors without their consent in public

that's gotta be some sort of crime

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
If mirrors didn't want to be kissed they wouldn't show me such a sexy face all the time :wink:

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Razzled posted:

i actually told him this in IRC, just buy whatever the gently caress and gently caress off with the pretending to want advice thing. get a big bike and just shine on crazy diamond

This is pretty much it, just stop posting and buy what you want. Stop creating drama. Stop lighting up the autism spectrum like a loving Christmas Tree. Just make sure your widow posts in the Crash Test Thread(With pictures TIA)

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
irc, what is this the late 90's?

I'm assuming someone's made a hangouts-type app for irc by now, but I'm not by my phone.

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014
But Im keeping the ninja

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Slim Pickens posted:

irc, what is this the late 90's?

I'm assuming someone's made a hangouts-type app for irc by now, but I'm not by my phone.

The football subforum just uses dischord.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Razzled posted:

Did the first gens ever get the APRC suite of electronics or is it all 2nd gen tech? Or do you not need APRC for TC and stuff I thought it was all packaged.

Cause spinning the wheel on my '03 sounds terrifying

Nah, nothing until the 3rd gen, which I guess you could call the 2nd gen since the 1st and 2nd were really similar.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Space Whale posted:

You suck the fun and oxygen out of everything don't you?

At least mailbox has that gimmick of hypocrisy, but I guess after you told him "stop riding" he joined the piss and vinegar crew.

Do you shake your fist at clouds?

Have I made you mouth "whippersnapper" under your breath?

Is it your ball sweat on all the old Aerostitch?

Can you clear the room with a fart after dinner?

Inquiring minds must know!

See, this is weird. Don't do this.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Sagebrush posted:

People just want you to be a safe rider.
Whoa let's not go making crazy assumptions here.

nsaP posted:

#bieks we welcome all comers
Whoa let's not go making crazy assumptions here.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Bring back Helldump

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014
Alright enough of the drama.

Serious question: I'm tall for a ninja. Arms feel fine but my feet are so big if I put the balls of my feet on the pegs my knees are too high on the tank for the sculpted grooves unless I flex my ankles really far. The fact that my feet are wider than the pegs is also a thing.

Should I look into rearsets/pegs/somethingIDontKnow to move them back, down, or both for comfort and ergonomics?

Also, would handlebar risers affect this any, or an aftermarket seat?

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

Space Whale posted:

Serious question: I'm tall for a ninja. Arms feel fine but my feet are so big if I put the balls of my feet on the pegs my knees are too high on the tank for the sculpted grooves unless I flex my ankles really far. The fact that my feet are wider than the pegs is also a thing.

Should I look into rearsets/pegs/somethingIDontKnow to move them back, down, or both for comfort and ergonomics?

I'm the biggest noob here but I'm guessing something like this would be worth a try http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/mfw-vario-rider-footpeg-mounts-kawasaki , http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/mfw-vario-extension-arms etc.

Also take a deep breath and slow the posting down. Go search google or a forum specific to your bike and gather some info, and maybe go do something not staring at a screen.

JHVH-1 fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Aug 29, 2016

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
I don't know anything about ninjas but logic tells me that some lowered foot pegs would solve this drama.

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014
All this for want of some legroom.

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

Get a wr250.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Space Whale posted:

All this for want of some legroom.

Take a look at http://cycle-ergo.com/ and play with the options to see if the risers/peg mounts that are available will work for you.

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014
That's the thing. I can't modify foot size nor where the foot touches the peg.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Space Whale posted:

Rearsets would help, but the riding position is going to be a little different. You can also get lowering thingies that drop the pegs an inch or so, without moving them further back -- a little goes a long way.

I assume you could get a thicker seat? Dunno. Handlebar positioning is going to change the angle your knees bend at a little bit, but it's not going to be significant.

I recommend a KLR650.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Koruthaiolos posted:

Get a wr250.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
I want a klr650 so bad. I've been toying with the idea of getting a street bike but the dirt always calls. My wife is a lot more amicable towards dirt bikes than street bikes though, and hates it even when I take the 350 for a quick spin with my grom buddy.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

rally posted:

I want a klr650 so bad. I've been toying with the idea of getting a street bike but the dirt always calls. My wife is a lot more amicable towards dirt bikes than street bikes though, and hates it even when I take the 350 for a quick spin with my grom buddy.

Why would you get a KLR though instead of a dr650?

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

builds character posted:

Why would you get a KLR though instead of a dr650?

No actual reason other than Suzuki = poo poo being repeated over and over in my circle of riders I guess. I don't actually know anything about them.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
I think it's pretty established that DRz400>DR650>Skateboard>KLR650

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

TheFonz posted:

I think it's pretty established that DRz400>DR650>Skateboard>KLR650

Well poo poo. World flipped upside down. Realistically if my wife said yes I'd just buy a ktm adventure. I drank the orange Koolade long ago

rally fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Aug 30, 2016

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
That's less about Suzukis being good bikes(They are not) and more about the KLR being a two wheel tractor.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

KLRs are the most Soviet of all the Japanese bikes. Clunky, ugly, not particularly refined, but they're cheap and last forever and have a die-hard fanbase that will teach you how to fix a busted crankshaft on the side of the road with baling wire and PVC pipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

rally posted:

No actual reason other than Suzuki = poo poo being repeated over and over in my circle of riders I guess. I don't actually know anything about them.

They're a bit Italian, i.e., fun.