Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Lastgirl posted:

they really are grasping

her health

now hot sauce is pandering so they can try to win back the AA vote by being racist about it lmbo

I mean, even if we go ahead and assume it IS pandering its still being played against "you people are living in a warzone and things couldn't possibly get worse so you might as well just vote for me because you're hosed anyway."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Nitrousoxide posted:

Hot sauce is good and I can't imagine why people are having such a fit over Hillary eating it.
Racist food stereotypes are usually just picking something everyone likes and saying "X people love it more!" This one's funnier to me because in my childhood the only people I saw carrying hot sauce or crushed red pepper everywhere was old white men.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

magiccarpet posted:

we call them bauer bags, sir

My favorite hot sauce (and chicken depilatory) lays within my messenger bag and I will cotton to no politically correct nonsense.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

yo real talk i am at work in a place of business not at my home but i am also within 10 feet of my own personal bottle of hot sauce idk about this stereotype poo poo but there are people out there who keep their hot sauce close and i am one of them so now i am relating to hillary clinton

Serf
May 5, 2011

CheesyDog posted:

Sriracha is pretty good but it's also the hot sauce used by people who'd never in a thousand years put any Louisiana or Tabasco on fried catfish.

For my money I prefer Texas Pete.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Seeing this cartoon really makes me want a tumblr or whatever that's just political cartoons with all of the labels removed. Someone out there has to be doing that, right?

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

texas pete, btw

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Montasque posted:

I'm sorry you guys have to pretend that Hillary Clinton isn't a calculating politician in order to vote for her over Orange Fascist Clown man.

I'm well aware she's a calculating politician, I just honestly think this is just a thing she enjoys and nothing something she planned on doing to try to score points with minorities.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

STAC Goat posted:

I mean, even if we go ahead and assume it IS pandering its still being played against "you people are living in a warzone and things couldn't possibly get worse so you might as well just vote for me because you're hosed anyway."

What Trump does on the day to day is about 10000x worse than the hot sauce pander. That's not what I am arguing. All I said it was that it is a pander, and welp, here we are.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Knight posted:

Racist food stereotypes are usually just picking something everyone likes and saying "X people love it more!" This one's funnier to me because in my childhood the only people I saw carrying hot sauce or crushed red pepper everywhere was old white men.

I live in the south and can confirm that everyone just loving loves hot sauce. I'm honestly more interested in what brand she prefers since that answer has some nuance to it.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Ian Hawes (the guy using Trump's trademark to grift people out of money), has been DISAVOWED:

http://docquery.fec.gov/dcdev/fectxt/1097335.txt

quote:

Donald J. Trump for President, Inc. (the 'Committee') is filing this miscellaneous report consistent with 11 CFR 102.13 and 100.3(a)(3) to disavow the below mentioned committee which appears to be using Donald J. Trump's name, image, likeness, or slogans in connection with soliciting contributions and conducting other activities.

This Committee is concerned about the likelihood of confusion among the public, which may be led to believe such activities are authorized by Mr. Trump or this Committee or that contributions to such unauthorized committees are being made to Mr. Trump's campaign, when they are not. As such, the Committee wishes to place this disavowal notice on the public record that the following committee is not authorized by Mr. Trump:

American Horizons PAC (C00619577)
Ian Hawes (Treasurer)
3824 Cedar Springs Rd. #801-4905
Dallas, TX 75219

lol, dude's gonna get fuckin sued into the poor house

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

hillary mentioned hot sauce because it was a ref to a lyric in a beyonce song that came out literally a week before yall shut up

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

WampaLord posted:

I'm well aware she's a calculating politician, I just honestly think this is just a thing she enjoys and nothing something she planned on doing to try to score points with minorities.

yea

i mean

its frickin hot sauce :chloe:

Knight posted:

Literally this

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

shiksa posted:

it was a reaction to some beyonce thing, chill out. it was dumb and lame in the way that pokemon go to the polls was dumb and lame.
I legitimately enjoyed the"Pokemon Go to the polls" thing.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Montasque posted:

What Trump does on the day to day is about 10000x worse than the hot sauce pander. That's not what I am arguing. All I said it was that it is a pander, and welp, here we are.

Montasque posted:

Hillary told a black audience she keeps hot sauce in her purse.

I can't wait for Trump to bring a watermelon on stage and eat it at the black church.

you implied it was racist, and now you're trying to backpedal

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
hot sauce is dividing posters here in actually being racist about it or just not giving a gently caress :grin:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im white as hell and i used to carry hot sauce with me because most places in texas have like, tabasco, and like maybe cholula and thats it

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My favorite hot sauce was some tangy onion flavored stuff I got in a "Hot Sauce of the month" club someone gave me as a gift. But like an idiot I through out the bottle before memorizing the name so I've since been searching for that wonderful sauce or an equivalent unsuccessfully. Closest I've come is adding some brown sugar and grated onion with some sriracha. Alas, it wasn't quite there.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Inferior Third Season posted:

I legitimately enjoyed the"Pokemon Go to the polls" thing.

Same, in the same way I enjoyed Tim Kaine's impression of Trump.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!
sup thread, just chiming in that carrying hot sauce is not that uncommon in the south because we have alot of fried food and most restaurants only carry Texas Pete. If you know yer going to a fish fry and oyu don't want texas pete, you bring yer own.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
hey guys have you maybe considered the possibility that

uhhh

*checks notes*

hot sauce is good and cool

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i don't listen to beyonce i only listen to idm and drum n bass if it's not some twitchy eastern european having a seizure to a lot of stuttering static then it's a reference that i don't get ok

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost

Turdfuzz posted:

i for one did not know that black ppl liking hot sauce was a stereotype of black ppl before this election
thought i heard em all

It isn't. This whole thing is very forced

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

pathetic little tramp posted:

Ian Hawes (the guy using Trump's trademark to grift people out of money), has been DISAVOWED:

http://docquery.fec.gov/dcdev/fectxt/1097335.txt

lol, dude's gonna get fuckin sued into the poor house

there is a restaurant really near that PAC HQ called Cosmic Cafe that I like a lot :3:

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Lemming posted:

you implied it was racist, and now you're trying to backpedal

Yes, because hot sauce in the purse is the same as eating a watermelon at a black church.

The joke was Trump is a ridiculous tone-deaf clown.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

hot sauce
hot takes

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Jewel Repetition posted:

I wish Garrison wouldn't use name labels. He's good enough at caricature he doesn't need to.

Lol we were all talking about how they're terrible

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Farm Frenzy posted:

hillary mentioned hot sauce because it was a ref to a lyric in a beyonce song that came out literally a week before yall shut up
It's also something that was reported in '94 that she carries around with her, and she was directly asked to name something in her purse. It would be strange if she said anything else.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

i wanna meet these ppl who are like "hillary likes hot sauce! guess im votin for her!"

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Lastgirl posted:

:agreed:

I'm constantly going through large bottles of Tabasco

(and cayenne pepper too, for that matter, but that's not hot sauce)

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Hillary Clinton, career politician:

Notable for hatching the dumbest pander in US history. In the mid 90's she was seen keeping hot sauce in her purse. For 20 years she kept this habit, for the weakest possible political payoff ever. I know what you're thinking - "maybe she's just from Arkansas?" But no, liberal swine! She's the debbil.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Louisgod posted:

baloogan can clean my disgusting and undermaintained sewage system anyt ime

I wish you wouldn't refer to your rear end that way.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!
I would also like to point out that alot the so called black stereotypes regarding food in the rest of the country are practiced by everyone here regardless of color.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Lastgirl posted:

hey guys have you maybe considered the possibility that

uhhh

*checks notes*

No

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Sriracha is hot sauce for people that don't like hot sauce

it is also most commonly seen in bizarre "why the gently caress would you put hot sauce in this" recipes, like donuts or loving muffins or something. white ppl

hot sauce is good tho

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Why can't people just admit it was a pander? A weak, silly, pander?

Typical liberals, Rush was right all along.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Turdfuzz posted:

i wanna meet these ppl who are like "hillary likes hot sauce! guess im votin for her!"

I mean. Donald Trump uses a knife and fork to take the cheese of his pizza and leave everything else while its entirely possible Hillary adds hot sauce to hers. So I know who I'm connecting to more on a personal level.

I'd like to believe I'm more evolved than that and its really all the issues and politics that forge my opinion. But the pizza thing is definitely in there if I'm being honest.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Old women carry weird things in their purses. My mother in law carries a full sized thing of salt, the amount your buy at the store to fill your shakers with. I quit asking why long ago about anything she does.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Do It Once Right posted:

Hillary Clinton, career politician:

Notable for hatching the dumbest pander in US history. In the mid 90's she was seen keeping hot sauce in her purse. For 20 years she kept this habit, for the weakest possible political payoff ever. I know what you're thinking - "maybe she's just from Arkansas?" But no, liberal swine! She's the debbil.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Tr33 posted:

I would also like to point out that alot the so called black stereotypes regarding food in the rest of the country are practiced by everyone here regardless of color.

a lot of them are just regional Southern foods, like fried chicken and greens. it's loving hysterical (in the sense that it drives white children into hysterics)

• Locked thread