Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ozza
Oct 23, 2008

Chromatic posted:

found on the oanda subreddit. scorch talking about anthony's firing is peak scorch

https://streamable.com/cax5

I laffed and laffed. Pretty weird, knowwhaddamean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
scorch is supposed to be a radio professional right...but most of the audio is covered by his loving music...i can barely hear him and would have to crank it to a volume unfitting for 7 am to hear him...scorch is a dumb dumb man.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Under the vegetable posted:

east side dave is a dangerously mentally insane man

The story of him doing the yes chant at 3 in the morning as casey drove away for good had me howling

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Call Me Charlie posted:

The story of him doing the yes chant at 3 in the morning as casey drove away for good had me howling

Gonna need someone to inform me on this, as this sounds great yet I haven't heard it yet!

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
So it seems like The Morning Jam with Jim And Sam is going to be a proper thing come October.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Apoplexy posted:

So it seems like The Morning Jam with Jim And Sam is going to be a proper thing come October.

Are they actually good together? Sam seemed like he was the most entertaining when he was playing foil to O&A in an ironic kind of way, I have no clue if he's good as a host.

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.
I'll take anything over Opie.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Keg posted:

Are they actually good together? Sam seemed like he was the most entertaining when he was playing foil to O&A in an ironic kind of way, I have no clue if he's good as a host.

Yeah. Sam plays the Opie role except he has a sense of humor and knows how to interact with Jimmy's characters.

The only flaw is they are both such broken indidivuals that some conversations can get weird (*actual conversation paraphrased* sam: i have a whole hall closet full of chairs from wrestling events jim: could you take the seats off them? i'd put them behind glass and display them on my wall) but they keep it light enough where you're willing to give it a pass.

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Aug 27, 2016

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
O&A subreddit has had quite a few visitors recently (one of the users posted Leslie Jones pics), so they've stepped up their game (meaning sinking even lower).

Also, his twitter may have been hacked, since the banner image is a photo of Nazi German Olympians.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Dario the Wop posted:

O&A subreddit has had quite a few visitors recently (one of the users posted Leslie Jones pics), so they've stepped up their game (meaning sinking even lower).

Also, his twitter may have been hacked, since the banner image is a photo of Nazi German Olympians.

Jesus Christ

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Dario the Wop posted:

I um... Oh...

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Apoplexy posted:

Cool! I might start listening again. Can't go on the subreddit since that truly went the way of white supremacy, but at least now we might have something to listen to besides whatever Opie thinks works and Ant's daily five-minute hate.

Wow, the whole Sirius thing just collapsed in July 2014, didn't it? And it wasn't doing well beforehand either.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
Turns out Opie's twitter wasn't hacked, it's just another abortion of a joke.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Dario the Wop posted:

It's the one in the little square photo

Dip Facial
Feb 29, 2004
Unhealthy Harlequin

Dario the Wop posted:

So did Opie change his twitter header to a photo of Nazi athletes before or after they started posting all the fake racist tweets on Reddit?

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

Seems like a poorly thought out idea either way.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.

ozza posted:

Seems like a poorly thought out idea either way.

I don't know, the Philly crew was probably howling.

BigPoot
Jan 16, 2013

Apoplexy posted:

I hope the official name is Fudgin' Around With Friends though.

But yeah, the Jim/Sam shows have been fun, the two seem to genuinely like each other, and it ends up being a lot of Silly Jimmy.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

The Jim / Sam combo actually would get me interested in listening to the show again if I had the time.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Yeah, i'll start listening again if Jim and Sam is a permanent thing.

Sam is good on his own but he can tend to get caught up in stupid popular youth culture poo poo or intern drama that can be hit and miss but having Jim there to rag on him about it should improve things greatly.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
i hope jim creeps sam out with his josh goodnaturedly character the whole time

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.
Jeez, What smells like October?

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

Rrussom posted:

Jeez, What smells like October?
The Harry Connick, Jr. Show, of course!

golightys_iphone on O&A subreddit posted:

Facebook has changed since the last official Jocktober in 2013 so here is my new suggested strategy for "HARRY"

IIRC back in 2013 when you posted on fan pages, your posts would show up newsfeed style. Currently the only way for your post to get seen is by replying to whatever the host of the page posts.

We need to be sure to post our photoshops as replies to the soccer moms who comment on the "HARRY" shows updates for the premier day. Remember, the goal of Jocktober isn't to get a show cancelled. We are just trying to offend, upset and confuse unsuspecting soccer moms, aunts & grandmothers with our deplorable sense of humor and cause the executives to call a meeting with Justin Stangel asking him why this non-sense is happening on a daytime talk show fan page.

NO THREATS OR VIOLENT IMAGES.

Photoshops of a German dominatrix deficating onto Fat Danny Zuko or something similar are encouraged though.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Seems pretty normal to me

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1GeBtqEHjY

https://harrytv.com/

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Dario the Wop posted:

The Harry Connick, Jr. Show, of course!

what

no really, what

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg1Hk4N2aw0

feigning interest fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Aug 30, 2016

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Already having more laughs in the first 5 minutes of the show than I have had from years with Opie around. Also, /r/opieandanthony have successfully driven Joseph Cumia, Jr. insane. He's now obsessed over fuckin' URBAN DICTIONARY definitions for poo poo he makes up. They're hijacking all the things to give them BroJoe-related derogatory definitions. It's fantastic because HE'S AN ADULT AND HE'S OBSESSED WITH THIS poo poo. INTERNET FEUDS. HE HAS A DAUGHTER HE'S DECIDED HE'S APPARENTLY DONE RAISING BECAUSE THERE'S INTERNET TOMFOOLERY ABOUT AND OL' SAMCRO IS GONNA GET TO THE BOTTOM OF IT!

Apoplexy fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Aug 30, 2016

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!

stealing Pepper's gimmick, for shame.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

So what's the schedule now? Does Opie and Jim still do a show together? Is the Sam and Jim show only 2 days a week for good?

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Apoplexy posted:

Already having more laughs in the first 5 minutes of the show than I have had from years with Opie around. Also, /r/opieandanthony have successfully driven Joseph Cumia, Jr. insane. He's now obsessed over fuckin' URBAN DICTIONARY definitions for poo poo he makes up. They're hijacking all the things to give them BroJoe-related derogatory definitions. It's fantastic because HE'S AN ADULT AND HE'S OBSESSED WITH THIS poo poo. INTERNET FEUDS. HE HAS A DAUGHTER HE'S DECIDED HE'S APPARENTLY DONE RAISING BECAUSE THERE'S INTERNET TOMFOOLERY ABOUT AND OL' SAMCRO IS GONNA GET TO THE BOTTOM OF IT!

lol

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Brother%20Joe&defid=10168060

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

Isn't Opie just on "Vacation" living at his beach house for the summer? He's intermittently coming in for morning and afternoon shows but they got Kevin Smith to do 2 shows this week and Sam and Jim are doing the other two. I'd guess Opie is back after the holiday or the next week for the normal O and J show.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I wonder if he'll poo poo on the beach

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
Why is anyone complaining? The less Opie the better

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

80s James Hetfield posted:

Why is anyone complaining? The less Opie the better

They aren't complaining.

They're hoping.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!
Haha. Yeah I'm listening to Horsecock and it's just an infinitely more enjoyable show. I would have no problem if Opie just took his money and retired and lived out his days on the beach ol guy deserves it. No seriously, go away, Opie.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Horsecock (I love the crazy titles those two wacky guys come up with! :-) ) was fantastic. Tons of Anthony Weiner talk and a Bill Burr phoner? Don't mind if I do!

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

The Morning Jam has been great thus far. It's a very silly show in tone that I hope doesn't burn them out over time. To me it seems like the best of when O&A would rip on current news events, like back when Anthony could do this in a funny way before Obama broke him.

• Locked thread