Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
oh so we're talking rain man levels of autism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

We are talking about knowing the game.
If that is autism to you, you may have a few mental issues.

Kurr de la Cruz
May 21, 2007

Put the boots to him, medium style.

Hair Elf
I got 138 million credits for delivering 864 tons of superconductors. That was 4 clipper loads, 2 jumps there 2 jumps back. It was a good event and a good profit.

PS: nice meltdown

Fishreds99
Jul 8, 2009

Beep Boop
Wow that's mean and ableist to boot.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

What is your deal with insisting that your idea of fun is the only way

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Good Dumplings posted:

I bet you can find the pattern.
:cheers:

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

Yolomon Wayne posted:

a sothis run is 30-40 mil average, 50 if youre lucky with rolls. In that screen shot the rank 2 reward was 112 mil i think? 120?

e: it was 115 mil with 5000 units delivered.

On the other hand it was nice to make some money actually playing the game, instead of relogging solo/open like a spaz while watching YouTube videos

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Good Dumplings posted:

Look at his post history in this thread and you'll understand, you should just ignore the guy like everyone else does.

I'm not sure why he's so obsessed with poo poo stirring in a video game thread but, hey, to each their own.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

magic mountain posted:

Look at his post history in this thread and you'll understand, you should just ignore the guy like everyone else does.

I'm not sure why he's so obsessed with poo poo stirring in a video game thread but, hey, to each their own.

Nice meltdown.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Mice neltdown

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Meltdown.... nice

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
The day this thread manages a single page without a nice meltdown or :allears: will be a wonderful day.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Mr. Crow posted:

The day this thread manages a single page without a nice meltdown or :allears: will be a wonderful day.

:nallears:

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
you all just hate fun

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

:ironicat:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Yolomon Wayne posted:

We are talking about knowing the game.
If that is autism to you, you may have a few mental issues.

Man I look forward to seeing this quoted over and over

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Managed top 75% for four short trips, so that was a pretty nice CG :)

Except when I got jumped by a killer FAS who destroyed me in under a minute while I was boosting away with full pips in SYS. :(

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

magic mountain posted:

Nice meltdown.

this counts as an actual meltdown btw :grin:

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

Astroniomix posted:

Put your FSD on priority 2 and put the guns on priority 1, they don't draw power when retracted. If you aren't going to A grade your sensors I would leave them at D grade to save weight.

Also A grading your FSD should be your top priority, an 8ly jump range is going to prevent you from traveling to a lot of systems.

You could also put a collector limpet controller in the slot your basic D scanner is in to make nabbing cargo easier.

Tippis posted:

Besides Astroniomix' suggestions, I'd replace the cargo scanner with a chaff launcher and maybe switch the weapons around: small lasers and medium ballistic weapons. It's really more a personal preference than anything, but I also generally stick with the same type of weapon as much as possible so that everything in a firing group behaves the same as far as range and need to lead the target. A one-of-everything approach has a nasty tendency to turn into a one-thing-is-always-unusuable setup.

…but that's probably more of an old EVE disease, so take it with a grain of salt.

Good Dumplings posted:

When you're bounty hunting you usually don't have a lot of cargo to pick up from pirates in the first place, so I'd drop all the cargo stuff immediately; the Viper doesn't have the space to pull a jack of all trades like that. Put a scoop where the cargo rack was so you can move around a bit and replace the cargo scanner either with a chaff launcher or a shield booster (this one's up to you, I usually forget to hit chaff and like facetanking, but chaff will really help against NPCs). I'd drop the discovery scanner too, that'll give you even more range and a basic doesn't usually have the range to get useful data.

Having two different kinds of physical guns is usually really annoying since their effective ranges will differ, and frag cannons are way more expensive, so I'd switch that out for 2x multicannons. That frees up some money for you to switch all the E-rank stuff with much lighter D-rank equipment, almost bringing you to 9 LY range. This stuff is also less power hungry and you don't need to touch power priorities at all.

Now for the last options - you can D-rank the shield to get even more range in exchange for about 10% of your shields, and you can swap the 2A for a 3C to save money in exchange for a little less range. Both of these are optional though, at this point the fit is good to go: https://coriolis.io/outfit/viper/0p0t8F8l8ddsdf21b1b2424000m304269-.Iw1+kA==.IwBj4yyA

Thank you!

I'm going to give this a try tonight.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

this counts as an actual meltdown btw :grin:

:nallears:

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
What do I buy with 60m credits?

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

60 million tons of biowaste.

Or a shiny new boat.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

TomR posted:

I got pushed into top 99% with 902 tons. I only did two runs though so I didn't really waste any time. Also I already have space money.

Aw poo poo, don't say that. I squeaked out 1050 tons or so to get to 50% and called it a night. I'm thinking I've almost tripled my net worth and now it sounds like I got small change. Robbed!

I wanted to haul more stuff but couldn't find an easy way of working out where to go to get a full load. I ended up going back to my Asp as I couldn't find more than 50 tons or so of the stuff only 1 jump away.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Nice tuna melt.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Dreadwroth posted:

Nice tuna melt.

Heh

DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005
Not just for breakfast anymore
I haven't really played since the AI update and I'm finding interdictions are a pain in the arse now. How do you guys deal with it? I loop around behind them and I wait until I'm almost physically up their arse before press the button. But what was a placid, lumbering sleepy space whale suddenly turns into a coke-addled greased pig slippery hard-to-catch guy. Does the interdictor capture arc upgrade help at all?

timn
Mar 16, 2010
Perhaps getting too close is the problem? I always pull the trigger as soon as I'm range. Winning interdictions as the attacker doesn't seem to be too awful nowadays. Escaping interdictions still feels like a dumb crapshoot though.

DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005
Not just for breakfast anymore
Worth a shot.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
I was in the top 50% with 800T of cargo.

What the hell do I get with the space cash now? It more than doubled my net worth.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
I've started playing this again and have been enjoying myself just dicking around. I've started doing assassination missions that have been paying around 150K (I'm Mostly Harmless) and have been able to complete them without much trouble. I just took a 50K one that sprung a mission signal source near the target planet, so I dropped out and got ganked by two Master level NPCs. My target wasn't there, either. Am I doing something wrong, or does the game just gently caress you like this sometimes?

timn
Mar 16, 2010

IAmTheRad posted:

I was in the top 50% with 800T of cargo.

What the hell do I get with the space cash now? It more than doubled my net worth.

Think I'm gonna spend my CG money on military composites for my Cutter, then just park it until the next overpaid goods delivery CG. :whatup:

Seriously though, with a 138mil windfall you should probably just buy and A-rate a Python (or just A-rate if you already have one), then work on lvl5 FSD range and lvl5 dirty drives upgrades for the ultimate multi-role ship.

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006
I like the storyline for this CG.

"I found a clue to extraterrestrial life; something that will change mankind forever. But it's going to cost you."

"What do you want? Money? Power? Prestige?"

"Nah, 6 million tons of space cocaine will do"

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
If I've traveled out to Sothis but already sold that data info do I have to do another exploration run for the engineer? I want to upgrade my FSD for sothis runs in a python so I can bank up big bucks.

Also, what's everyone's sothis python build?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MisterZimbu posted:

I like the storyline for this CG.

"I found a clue to extraterrestrial life; something that will change mankind forever. But it's going to cost you."

"What do you want? Money? Power? Prestige?"

"Nah, 6 million tons of space cocaine will do"

If I was running this I would've just spawned in an unbeatable alien corvette the second everyone was converging on the hinted at area, left it for 15 minutes and gotten rid of it.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Managed top 75% for four short trips, so that was a pretty nice CG :)

Except when I got jumped by a killer FAS who destroyed me in under a minute while I was boosting away with full pips in SYS. :(

Was it a guy called Ameal? Cause I saw him prowling around there in a FAS.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Good Dumplings posted:

It's just N4I, he trolls a lot of games' threads. The reactions he gets are his gift to the rest of us.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Ok, I think I'm done grinding for engineer crafting stuff for now. What's the best way to grind faction rep?

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Dabir posted:

Was it a guy called Ameal? Cause I saw him prowling around there in a FAS.
No, an NPC, which is why I was so surprised. Just a regular Competent-ranked non-CMDR, and my Exploraconda had Thrusters Malfunctioning before I could high-wake out.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Thronde posted:

If I've traveled out to Sothis but already sold that data info do I have to do another exploration run for the engineer? I want to upgrade my FSD for sothis runs in a python so I can bank up big bucks.

Also, what's everyone's sothis python build?

Same as my regular cargo mission python, but perhaps with some cargo space replaced with fuel to lessen the need to scoop while umpteen different NPCs are trying to intercept you (also, the power distributor is massive overkill, doubly so because it accidentally got a ridiculously good roll for an ENG upgrade, but that's also why I just can't throw it away…).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

So I fly out to grab some superconductors for the cg after not really playing for a long time. Spend about 200k filling my hold, fly them morai. Oh, cg ended I missed it. Oh whatever I'll just dump these here for the loss and do a sothis run or 2. Make 2 jumps, interdicted. No problem, this has happened a 100 times before and now I know about mines and poo poo so haha npcs pirate. In approximately 6 seconds my shields are melted and I'm under 40% hull, and you can imagine that other 40% didn't take much longer to go through. I think I managed to fire off 2 sets of mines before I explode. Respawn back at morai where people are still talking in chat about how much money they made. Sigh heavily.

• Locked thread