Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

epipen posted:

tru
i mean, with gabapentin there's at least some studies showing efficacy, and usually it's not the only medication prescribed, iirc?
idklol

yeah some research backs it up, its just funny because everything seems to 'work' for bipolar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Moist von Lipwig posted:

me too, whatever lets be pals

:unsmith:

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

:TELLMEMORE:

epipen
Aug 11, 2014

nyoom

Moist von Lipwig posted:

yeah some research backs it up, its just funny because everything seems to 'work' for bipolar

yeah, be nice to understand why i guess

Linux Pirate posted:

tbf i take trileptal and it is a medication for seizures, but it helps

i have bipolar II disorder. i probably shouldn't admit that here because i know it's going to come back and bite me in the rear end

honestly i always say this, but you'd think yospos (and SA in general) would be more accepting of this sort of stuff?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Moist von Lipwig posted:

lol everything is used off label for bipolar

look up gabapentin abuse. i think you'll be pleasantly surprised

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Moist von Lipwig posted:

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

bicycle posted:

Wilder owned, I read his autobiography and he came across as a pretty sweet and honest man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz9jc5blzRM

here's the letter gene wrote to mel about the wonka costume

http://www.lettersofnote.com/2012/06/part-of-this-world-part-of-another.html

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

echinopsis posted:

look up gabapentin abuse. i think you'll be pleasantly surprised

there was a whole thread in tcc about people getting hosed up on gabapentin and pregabalin

no such thing as a non-abusable gaba drug

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

It's kinda weird to think mel brooks outlived gene

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

works pretty well, imo!

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Linux Pirate posted:

It's kinda weird to think mel brooks outlived gene

alzheimer's is an rear end in a top hat of a disease

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Kuvo posted:

the cyberpunk future we deserve

unlimited ducks you say?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

epipen posted:

honestly i always say this, but you'd think yospos (and SA in general) would be more accepting of this sort of stuff?

almost all the people will be a-okay with it, but there will be one or two who really latch onto it and act like assholes. in any group beyond a certain size, it's pretty much guaranteed

epipen
Aug 11, 2014

nyoom

prefect posted:

almost all the people will be a-okay with it, but there will be one or two who really latch onto it and act like assholes. in any group beyond a certain size, it's pretty much guaranteed

true, i just figure, idk. we're a bunch of nerds posting on the computer nerd subforum of the computers subforum of a web forum from the early 2000s, i figure we all have our problems

https://danielsnd.itch.io/what-the-box lmao, fps death match game where you play as boxes

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
lol motherboard is garbage

https://motherboard.vice.com/read/pc-gaming-is-still-way-too-hard

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

quote:

Here's Motherboard's super simple guide to building your first gaming PC:

Step 1: Have an unreasonable amount of disposable income.
Step 2: Have an unreasonable amount of time to research, shop around, and assemble parts for your computer.

I could have saved a significant amount of money bargain hunting, but this was an inconvenience I was happy to avoid for a price.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

eh, i know a lot of people who have little to no technical skill and an inability to follow directions but like playing video games. they aren't going to do well building their own pc.

if you liked to play with lego as a kid though you can handle it.

e: lol at a few things tho

quote:

I have big, dumb, sausage fingers, so mounting the motherboard into the case, and screwing in nine (!) tiny screws to keep it in place in a cramped space, in weird angles, where dropping the screwdriver can easily break something expensive—it's just not what I'd call "consumer-friendly."

nine! nine screws! what am i, tony stark??

quote:

Beginning to end, the whole process of building the computer took me almost five hours, and I had to make two emergency calls to PC Gamer's Fenlon during the process; But getting there was a nightmare. It is by far the most difficult product I've ever bought and put together.

five hours!! good lord, i bet it didn't even take stradivarius five hours to make his violins! and did i mention the nine screws??

quote:

It's hard to put all these PC parts together because they're made by different companies, but there isn't even pressure from consumers to come up with better, universal standards that will make the whole experience easier.

no comment

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Aug 29, 2016

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
pcpartpicker is p goddamn idiotproof

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

pcpartpicker is p goddamn idiotproof
instead he went to pc gamer dot com, which is about what you'd expect from a vice writer

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

oh and we got this one too

quote:

This is why people buy from Apple. It designs everything from the trackpad to the box the computer comes in, which unfolds neatly to reveal everything you need. Apple reduces friction to the point where even my mom could upgrade the RAM on her iMac, and it can do this because it controls everything that goes in that box.

and i just double checked to be sure

quote:

*Note:
• Memory is not removable by users on iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2012), iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013), and iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2014). If the memory in one of these computers needs to be replaced, contact an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider. If you’d like to upgrade the memory in one of these models, an Apple Authorized Service Provider can help.
• Memory in iMac (21-inch, Late 2015) and iMac (Retina 4K, 21-inch, Late 2015) is not upgradeable.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

lol scrub rear end n00b

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Panty Saluter posted:

lol scrub rear end n00b

yeah its already at .vice.com lmao!

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Linux Pirate posted:

tbf i take trileptal and it is a medication for seizures, but it helps

i have bipolar II disorder. i probably shouldn't admit that here because i know it's going to come back and bite me in the rear end

i used to take trileptal and it was meh but the 200mg scrip of seroquel was ballersauce

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
assembling ikea furniture is probably harder than assembling a ~*gaming rig*~ these days

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
https://twitter.com/sara_jean/status/770356098608037889

Reasonable Man
Sep 11, 2001

smithereens got 'em scaling heights

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

super

super

super sharp shooter

TOOT

DOODLE OODLE OODLE DOOT DOOT

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIuWA9Mourw

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Mr Dog posted:

assembling ikea furniture is probably harder than assembling a ~*gaming rig*~ these days
i had to assemble an ikea bed today and would rather have been building a dank rig tbh

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

gently caress :(

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

i had to assemble an ikea bed today and would rather have been building a dank rig tbh

yeah cause you're probably going to have more fun on the latter than the former ahahah! :xd:

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t4W4CJJc4c&t=331s

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Mr Dog posted:

yeah cause you're probably going to have more fun on the latter than the former ahahah! :xd:

i read somewhere that 1 in 8 europeans alive today was conceived in an ikea bed

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Robot Pride posted:

i used to take trileptal and it was meh but the 200mg scrip of seroquel was ballersauce

seroquel owns

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Robot Pride posted:

i'll have to look into that

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

imagine if this idiot had to manually set dip switches, configure IRQs, and edit config.sys.

this kind of whining is why people make fun of millennials, btw. not because they're dumber or lazier, it's that they put up with this bitch instead of mocking him mercilessly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

The Management posted:

this kind of whining is why people make fun of millennials, btw. not because they're dumber or lazier, it's that they put up with this bitch instead of mocking him mercilessly.

no, i'm pretty sure it's due to misplaced anxiety about technology and the loss of cultural relevance.

but, you know, to each their own.

• Locked thread