Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
How do you pronounce Poitot?

I pronounce it as 'Poitot'. How do you say Poitot?

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

dialhforhero posted:

Poy-Taut
Poy-toh

Gallente have French backgrounds so it's not unreasonable to assume that the T is silent.

Of course, that never stopped anyone from reading things phonetically. Ask a Mumble full of nerds how to pronounce Gila sometime.

Also I'm pleased with the new boosts, but the most hype thing is the adjustment to Command Ship skill requirements.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Everybody, meet Magma :D

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Ynglaur posted:

I wonder what the results are when someone activates 80 at the same time in a 15km radius. The most interesting result would be for a three-dimensional terrain to form as the effects push each other out, but it will probably just seem like random effects.

Then again, even something as simple as "last effect to fire takes effect" could lead to interesting Mexican standoff tactical situations.

What I'm saying is that I need Flanders or Voyager or someone to explain this to me.

Regular boosts for subcap fleets are being replaced by a bunch of active modules that seem to be pretty much directly analogous to the old version in terms of what bonuses they can provide.

Titans used to provide a racial passive boost to their fleets. This is being replaced entirely with a racial aura that contains both bonuses and penalties and affects all ships within range, not just fleet mates. Presumably the idea is to engineer situations where your fleet benefits from the bonuses while the enemy is punished by the penalties.

you feelin fucky
May 23, 2009

dialhforhero posted:

like poirot but with a t. alternatively you can just be an american and say it phonetically so people know what the gently caress you are talking about.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Poitoto poitato

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

AAPsel posted:

you can just be an american and mangle it because you don't give a gently caress.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

And this is Syenite. :swoon:

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

VideoGames posted:

And this is Syenite. :swoon:

Superb. Have you considered getting a skin for it?

Has CCP put the new mining barge models on Sisi yet?

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Has CCP put the new mining barge models on Sisi yet?

They have -- and multiple skins for each.

They're also rolling out a new miner support ship, the Porpoise.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Of course, that never stopped anyone from reading things phonetically. Ask a Mumble full of nerds how to pronounce Gila sometime.

I may be missing an in joke but one of the best things about us being evicted from Deklein is not having to hear people saying "deck-len" as much. Like holy poo poo, it's so obviously "decline". How is that hard. Fuckkkk.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Thanks for the info guys now can you help me figure out how to say sword? I always just say sword.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

dialhforhero posted:

Thanks for the info guys now can you help me figure out how to say sword? I always just say sword.

I say "word" just with an S at the start.

S-Word.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

S-Word.

hosed up if true

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

NtotheTC posted:

I may be missing an in joke but one of the best things about us being evicted from Deklein is not having to hear people saying "deck-len" as much. Like holy poo poo, it's so obviously "decline". How is that hard. Fuckkkk.

When I started playing, I thought it was wonderfully fitting that the place the the goons lived was called 'decline.' Then I logged into mumble.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

I don't appear to be able to see any skins for it.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

S-Word.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uqrlw3LFs0

just like ice t

http://www.somethingawful.com/news/ice-loves-mithril/

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Justaddwater posted:

That PL list seems to be from 3 years ago.

Yeah insidious empire got blopsed to death three years ago.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

:D

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:
Where is magma?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

VideoGames posted:

It is quite an expensive shopping spree I wish to go on!!!!

I want to see how much a prospect, an endurance, a covetor, a skiff, a mackinaw and a retriever cost! Now that I can successfully fly all those guys at mastery level 1 at the minimum, I am trying to put my fleet together.

If you are planning on mining in our space, buy the poo poo in jita and have a shipping service bring it to Delve. Don't try to fly it here yourself.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Magma is sitting safely in Jita. I think. Wherever it was I bought her. All my other ships are at HQ. I wish I could transport them all myself. Syenite takes ages to go anywhere!

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Rhymenoserous posted:

If you are planning on mining in our space, buy the poo poo in jita and have a shipping service bring it to Delve. Don't try to fly it here yourself.

possible dumb question but I assume when moving existing ships via JF it's cheaper to move them packaged and just buy new rigs?

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Jazzzzz posted:

possible dumb question but I assume when moving existing ships via JF it's cheaper to move them packaged and just buy new rigs?

In general, JF pilots get extremely upset when someone has them move assembled ships. 10km3 packaged, 100km3 assembled for cruisers, so you go from fitting 35 in a trip to fitting 3 in a trip.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
They work on a per m3 basis what do they give a poo poo about fitted ships or not? It's the m3 that matters for their efficiency, not the quantity of any one item.

The idiot who ships packaged ships is the one who should be pissed because you're grossly destroying your shipping cost efficiency.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

dialhforhero posted:

They work on a per m3 basis what do they give a poo poo about fitted ships or not? It's the m3 that matters for their efficiency, not the quantity of any one item.

EVE doesn't allow containers within containers when they're placed in a contract package inside a contract package.

I think I've got that right.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
I like the idea of boosting responsibly with one or two links per command ship. It's finally viable to limit links to the utility slots and run complete ships.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

dialhforhero posted:

The idiot who ships packaged ships is the one who should be pissed because you're grossly destroying your shipping cost efficiency.

I guess it may be different for goonswarm, but for my alliance we'll generally get a run every other day or so, and if we need to get a bunch of extra people to get stuff moved because one inconsiderate guy shipped assembled ships, it's quite annoying. Our shipping is also free to members, so they're not having to pay extra.

There is also the issue that courierd assembled ships can't be re courierd.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

These active links are going to cause so much loving TiDi that small gang FW dudes are gonna get a taste of what our big fleets are like. Also, countdown until one of PL's command ship fleets has like 2 of these stupid things fitted per ship and they activate them all the time specifically to lag poo poo out.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
if the buff timer is 1 minute, doesn't that mean fast tackle will need to return to boosts every minute if they want their speed and range etc

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

dialhforhero posted:

Booley is right, but didn't go into details, which can leave people confused as to why contracting assembled ships (and assembled containers) is a huge dick move.

The problem becomes that you can't recontract assembled containers. Generally this is how JF/Freghter pilots operate:

1 character is freighter/JF pilot
1+ character is scout/cyno/webber
1 character is the contract character.

The contract character accepts all the contracts remotely and recontracts them as courier contracts to the JF character using the same destination. The JF character moves them from the pick-up location to the drop-off location, and then delivers the contracts, returning them to the contract characters hangers in drop-off location. The contract character then delivers the contracts, already in the drop-off location.

The one catch is that you can only nest plastic wraps one container deep. So you can create a courier contract with a bunch of items in it, and the resulting plastic wrap can be recontracted out via courier contract. But you can't courier contract a plastic wrap that has containers inside it, which includes plastic wraps, assembled cargo containers, ships. When this happens, the contracting character has to move himself to whatever location the contract originated from and manually trade the plastic wrap to the JF character. And then the contracting character has to move to the drop-off location to receive the package and deliver it by hand. In some cases, this is very difficult because the contracting character may not have docking rights in the citadel / station that the courier contract originated from.

They like to do this for a few reasons: it consolidates contracts on a single character, and then allows them to contract them out to many different characters with ease (this is big for multiboxing logistics people). It allows them to double wrap every contract to lower the detectable value of their cargo. The hauling character no longer has to keep a fat wallet. And, especially in highsec with freighter logistics, there is no indication that the character that accepted the contract will actually be the character hauling the goods (safety from getting ganked on public contracts).

Basically, if you contract assembled ships without contacting the freight organization first, you're a dick and literally just ruined someone's day. Also, if you're speaking specifically about logistics to delve, it will be far cheaper to strip fitting and repackage the ships and buy new rigs than it will be to freighter assembled ships. This will always be the case unless you're using something like T2 large rigs or something like that. Look at the price margins on 100k m3 vs. 10k m3.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
The restriction applies to item exchange contracts as well. Any wrap with an assembled container in it (ships count as this) requires you to station trade the wraps to transfer them between characters

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

CainFortea posted:

These active links are going to cause so much loving TiDi that small gang FW dudes are gonna get a taste of what our big fleets are like. Also, countdown until one of PL's command ship fleets has like 2 of these stupid things fitted per ship and they activate them all the time specifically to lag poo poo out.

...because people actually 'fight' command ship fleets.

They should just delete links entirely, roll it all into combat boosters and be done with it.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

DisgracelandUSA posted:

They like to do this for a few reasons: it consolidates contracts on a single character, and then allows them to contract them out to many different characters with ease (this is big for multiboxing logistics people). It allows them to double wrap every contract to lower the detectable value of their cargo. The hauling character no longer has to keep a fat wallet. And, especially in highsec with freighter logistics, there is no indication that the character that accepted the contract will actually be the character hauling the goods (safety from getting ganked on public contracts).

We also do it so the JF pilots in hisec can be in an NPC corp. Obviously to dock at 99% of nullsec outposts you'll need to be in an appropriate corp/alliance, but any corp doing significant amounts of hauling for a large alliance will eat a wardec at some point, and you don't generally want to be flying a JF into jita while decced. By being able to courier the couriers to a different corp, everything can be contracted by random people to "booley's alt corp #1" which then contracts them from jita to lowsec to "booley's alt corp #2" and once they're in lowsec the JF is handed to a pilot in alt corp #1 to jump into nullsec.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Couldn't the contract character just do an item exchange over to the hauler instead of having to fly to the physical location? Or does that count as a wrap?

Xolve posted:

They should just delete links entirely, roll it all into combat boosters and be done with it.

Are you saying that PL doesn't fly Astarte fleets? I'm not sure on your first line. But yea, I agree. Either bake the bonuses into the hull or do combat boosters or something.

Because these pulse boosters thingies don't fix the biggest problem with links. In that you have to have them before you go do anything. People who undock without links are just doing a more complicated insurance fraud.

And yea, what about tackle? They're never anywhere near the fleet.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
I think he means people tend to not engage Sleipnir fleets with Hurricanes because come on

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

CainFortea posted:

Couldn't the contract character just do an item exchange over to the hauler instead of having to fly to the physical location? Or does that count as a wrap?

You can't item exchange nested-containers (plastic wraps with ships or plastic wraps or assembled containers in them); they can be traded, but you'll have to physically move the contracting character to the pick-up and drop-off locations

Divine Blob
Mar 13, 2013
I almost made it on my first freighter gank today, but the motd in the channel was wrong so I went to the wrong system :( I was able to kill the pod though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Xolve posted:

So use a different invisible attribute enhancer with no counter-gameplay?

• Locked thread