Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014
Is your problem asking questions or are you an rear end in a top hat to everyone new?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I am an rear end in a top hat to most everyone new, yes.

But we have been over this, multiple people have told you this on IRC already, but we can rehash it here. You need to chill out and be less defensive. No one minds someone asking a newbie question. But what happens is we give you an answer but also mess with you about it a bit, because we have all been riding for years and it's a newbie question!

You have two possible responses to this:

Take the ribbing and listen to the advice, not taking it personally, or

The route you've taken:

Get super defensive, ignore the practical advice, shout about 3 or 4 things you've made up that you think we believe about you, and appear unhinged.

If you could try for me, even if it kills you, just try to drop your walls and defenses and when someone says something, just take it in. Take it in as their opinion and try to consider why they might say that in your best interest.

Because we rip on people mercilessly here but despite that I think everyone on this forum has other's best interests at heart.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Anyone who gets upset when nsap starts poo poo needs to stop and remember he has a mullet irl

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

hot sauce posted:

Anyone who gets upset when nsap starts poo poo needs to stop and remember he has a mullet irl

For instance, this.

I just died reading this, hot sauce killed it

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014
Your piss and bile make me want to burn my gear and push the ninja of a cliff. You've sucked so much fun out of this I'm actually impressed. I'm not even mad anymore.

Go bitch at ISIS, they'll give up and go back to goat herding.

Christ.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Space Whale posted:

Why are you making GBS threads this forum up so much?

What you just did is worse than useless. Act your drat age.

:ironicat:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I like nsaP, he's a good dude

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Man. Seriously. Calm down. I feel bad for you, you sound like you're posting through an anxiety attack.

If a more experienced stranger's opinions on your riding skills and the way you come off on comedy forum posts really makes you want to burn your poo poo and yardsale the ninja, just stop riding. If you call ribbing and being told with conviction that the way you think about bikes is dumb and dangerous "piss and bile", you really shouldn't be near motorcycles at all. I posted so much stupid poo poo here when I started, and didn't go loving nuclear when people called me out, I took their advice. That's how you keep yourself safe, especially in the most vulnerable years of your riding career. I don't know if you want it sugar coated and honey glazed or something. Maybe post on gsxr.com forums instead.

XYLOPAGUS
Aug 23, 2006
--the creator of awesome--

nsaP posted:

I am an rear end in a top hat to most everyone new, yes.

But we have been over this, multiple people have told you this on IRC already, but we can rehash it here. You need to chill out and be less defensive. No one minds someone asking a newbie question. But what happens is we give you an answer but also mess with you about it a bit, because we have all been riding for years and it's a newbie question!

You have two possible responses to this:

Take the ribbing and listen to the advice, not taking it personally, or

The route you've taken:

Get super defensive, ignore the practical advice, shout about 3 or 4 things you've made up that you think we believe about you, and appear unhinged.

If you could try for me, even if it kills you, just try to drop your walls and defenses and when someone says something, just take it in. Take it in as their opinion and try to consider why they might say that in your best interest.

Because we rip on people mercilessly here but despite that I think everyone on this forum has other's best interests at heart.

Most genuine nsap post I've ever read.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
This one time Razzled made fun of me.

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014

M42 posted:

Man. Seriously. Calm down. I feel bad for you, you sound like you're posting through an anxiety attack.

If a more experienced stranger's opinions on your riding skills and the way you come off on comedy forum posts really makes you want to burn your poo poo and yardsale the ninja, just stop riding. If you call ribbing and being told with conviction that the way you think about bikes is dumb and dangerous "piss and bile", you really shouldn't be near motorcycles at all. I posted so much stupid poo poo here when I started, and didn't go loving nuclear when people called me out, I took their advice. That's how you keep yourself safe, especially in the most vulnerable years of your riding career. I don't know if you want it sugar coated and honey glazed or something. Maybe post on gsxr.com forums instead.

There was nothing said except "u r bad/dumb" and "don't buy another bike". He'll say he imparted a lecture like he's the Feynman of motorcycles, but never give anything specific whatsoever; he'll reiterate that I sound "dumb".

Besides contuining to not buy another bike, what the gently caress does everyone want? I'm continuing to add and upgrade gear and maintaining what I have. It's like they're hell bent on finding poo poo and their hammer tinted glasses only see nails.

Christ, I'm learning to tell tire slip from suspension flex, and that just yields more insults. Am I supposed to learn by just riding 35 mph for two years?

Nothing is enough to shut up the bullshit and it's so toxic it's unbearable. I only fired back after it was clear that this would continue until it was a waste of time to ever meet anyone here, and that's probably a point reached long ago.

No, I don't want to be enabled. I want feedback I can use. "gently caress you" is useless.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

M42 posted:

Yeah well that's because your a gir SHORT.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I bought a 600cc i4 after 7 months on a 125 and nobody made this much fuss, guess nobody cares and you're all okay with me killing myself :qq:

brb, gonna pop a ton of blues and cannon my poo poo off the white cliffs of dover

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014
The trick is to ask first, not do it, then continue sinfully lusting for other motorcycles.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Okay I'm voting Troll at this point.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Not Trump 2016? Make CA great again.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Does nsaP really have a mullet irl? This changes everything.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I know right?

I thought I was the only one

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014
So it's only ok when you do it?

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Buhbuhj posted:

Nah but the bottom of my hair is quickly approaching my waist. I'd put it about the bottom of the ribcage now

but not like this lol

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I'm pretty sure it stops being a mullet once it's past your shoulders :crossarms:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Then it becomes simply "majestic"

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Do you braid it into a cute pony tail before you go riding?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Buhbuhj posted:

Yes. He also looks like a praying mantis.

It's like someone put a wig on a Z1000. :psyduck:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Razzled once told me my ZRX wasn't the fastest bike in the world. I was devastated.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Chichevache posted:

Yes. He also looks like a praying mantis.

It's like someone put a wig on a Z1000. :psyduck:

Isn't there an episode of the Brak Show where Zorak ends up in a blond wig?

edit:

HenryJLittlefinger fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Aug 29, 2016

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Isn't there an episode of the Brak Show where Zorak ends up in a blond wig?

Please don't ban me for doxxing.

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014
It's sprinkling but should clear by the time we leave. Everyone thinks I'll die riding home.

Where do you get those sick rear end skeleton stickers? I need some for my gear and tank.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Razzled why are u so rude?

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Chichevache posted:

I love this dumb loving forum :allears:

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Chichevache posted:

Razzled once told me my ZRX wasn't the fastest bike in the world. I was devastated.

i still read your posts though, that means we're friends :420:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Razzled posted:

i still read your posts though, that means we're friends :420:

:hfive:

We've both crashed DRZs, we're practically eskimo brothers.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Space Whale posted:

It's sprinkling but should clear by the time we leave. Everyone thinks I'll die riding home.

Where do you get those sick rear end skeleton stickers? I need some for my gear and tank.

I've been riding long enough that my endorsement is old enough to get its own endorsement, people still ask me all the time "Oh god are you really going to ride in the rain?"

.. yeah?

Lynza
Jun 1, 2000

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
- Robert A. Heinlein

PCOS Bill posted:

I've been riding long enough that my endorsement is old enough to get its own endorsement, people still ask me all the time "Oh god are you really going to ride in the rain?"

.. yeah?

For reals. Jesus Christ, people, it's not that bad. It's seriously not that different from riding in not-rain, you just have to go a little slower, not WOT it right out of the gate, and consider braking sooner and such. You could still wheelie if you needed to, is what I'm saying.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I usually throw back "Yeah, for sure! As long as I ride fast enough that I get home before the water leaks into my ignition points and kills the engine, I'll be fine!"

then while they're still trying to figure out how to respond i burn out on their lawn and rip a sick wheelie all the way down the street

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

Chichevache posted:

:flashfap: hnnnnghhh

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

I always say "Oh, don't worry, I know how to swim!"

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS
Am I the only one that can't stand the term street fighter for unfaired/wrecked bikes? Wtf is that even supposed to imply besides idiocy?

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
The bike is fighting the streets by being crashed into them multiple times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

That you're a badass street racer who kills Civics every night and yeah you crashed a couple times but so what, you didn't need those fairings anyway.