Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

AnonSpore posted:

They're refunding No Man's Sky, can I get a refund on this much worse game as well
Sony refused my NMS refund so I'm going to remain quietly excited for Barqueleigh 2nd, out of spite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Is this game Frog Fractions 2? You have to tell me if it is.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Modus Pwnens posted:

quote this if ur going to buy the jello game and u still believe in ToG

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

whenever i feel down about b2 not being out i just listen to this tune and get hype all over

https://d15chbti7ht62o.cloudfront.net/assets/002/374/807/81e71b23fcd957e43d07bdea015e1ece_mp3.mp3

More please

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.
pretty hosed up that they make Frankie keep drawing gun's as a smokescreen while the rest of the togsters abscond to the Caribbean with our shekels imo

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

BinaryDoubts posted:

pretty hosed up that they make Frankie keep drawing gun's as a smokescreen while the rest of the togsters abscond to the Caribbean with our shekels imo

#FreeFrankie

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

throw all the tog boys in jail until the game's done

Friend Commuter
Nov 3, 2009
SO CLEVER I WANT TO FUCK MY OWN BRAIN.
Smellrose

Fellatio del Toro posted:

throw all the tog boys in jail until the game's done

no, no, you're not supposed to jail people until after they do a crime

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Modus Pwnens posted:

quote this if ur going to buy the jello game and u still believe in ToG

The more money we give them the more years Frankie has to spend in gun's drawing jail

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I heard there'll be a playable demo at PAX from my uncle who works for ToG.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I heard there'll be a playable demo at PAX from my uncle who works for ToG.

Yeah but it's just the Windows phone version of bball tactics.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
What is the release date of bball tactics?

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Chas McGill posted:

What is the release date of bball tactics?

July 23, 2034

FrankieSmileShow
Jun 1, 2011

wuzzathang
Streaming some exciting work on interface borders!!!!!

https://www.twitch.tv/frankiepixelshow

Yeaaah

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

FrankieSmileShow posted:

Yeaaah
Frankie you're a stalwart hero

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

FrankieSmileShow posted:

Yeaaah

please release the game

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Absolutely do not release the game.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

FrankieSmileShow posted:

Yeaaah

does that mean you're done with guns'?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

guns that draw themselves

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

fronz posted:

Absolutely do not release the game.

I sincerely believe that the world is not ready for Barkley 2 and the developers know this. The game is functionally complete but they have to wait for society to catch up before unleashing its' splendor to the unwashed masses.

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos
My uncle works at ToG and I've already played Barkley 3. It's awful

Khorne
May 1, 2002

1982 Subaru Brat posted:

My uncle works at ToG and I've already played Barkley 3. It's awful
1 is a great game
2 is the greatest game you'll ever play
3 is a pile of garbage cash in because they didn't want to make another but did want piles of money

FrankieSmileShow posted:

Yeaaah
I like how you always answer all my intentionally dumb questions.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

You guys should talk to adult swim games maybe they can help you finish it theyve scooped up some other indies already

FrankieSmileShow
Jun 1, 2011

wuzzathang
I work on the gun's on Wednesdays now, and do whatever else needs doing on Tuesdays and Thursdays!
I finished some nice set of cyber-techno-ey border chunks for some of our interfaces today. They're gonna fit together into a nice random frame, for shop inventories and other similar menus, replacing the kind of ugly placeholder one we had been using before.

I picked random pieces to make one example frame here.

GZ (who worked on the soon-to-be-released Pozzo game someone mentionned here) should be working on implementing this tomorrow while I work on some gun's. If he gets problems with some of the borders I made, I'll be fixing those on Thursday. Next on my schedule is finishing up the background pictures for file items you can read: sheets of paper, envelopes, a crumpled piece of paper, a dot-matrix printed bill, etc. Made half of those we needed last week, still have a few more to make. Don't know what comes next yet, so much to do! I also have a bunch of low-priority tasks I can fall back on if I don't get any specific requests.

FrankieSmileShow fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Aug 31, 2016

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Uncle Wemus posted:

You guys should talk to adult swim games maybe they can help you finish it theyve scooped up some other indies already

The biggest issue as far as I can tell is that the crew is really really pushing the Game Maker engine to its absolute limits with the size and scale of this game. A production company could help if they wanted to port the game to a new engine (maybe not a bad idea) but at this stage of development it's probably sunk cost more than anything.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

Philip Rivers posted:

The biggest issue as far as I can tell is that the crew Roberts is really really pushing the Game Maker Crysis engine to its absolute limits with the size and scale of this game. A production company could help if they wanted to port the game to a new engine (maybe not a bad idea) but at this stage of development it's probably sunk cost more than anything.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Glad to see that this is still the Citizen Star of video games.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
all-star citizen*

FrankieSmileShow
Jun 1, 2011

wuzzathang
Finished 3 of the 80 materials today, bringing us to 66% of gun sprites drawn, 1325/2001.
Next week I might work on implementing some special shot effects instead of gun sprites on wednesday. Want to have silver and gold gun's have a cool sparkly flash to em when you shoot. I'lll probably be drawing gun sprites too whenever the game complies, since it takes like 10 minutes every time.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

oh my god why do I still have this bookmarked

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
The $15 I pledged was well worth it, imo

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
"Slam" rhymes with "jam." Anything you can do with that?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

oh neat they sent me a steam key for the jello game. also an update tomorrow apparently

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

FrankieSmileShow posted:

Finished 3 of the 80 materials today, bringing us to 66% of gun sprites drawn, 1325/2001.
Next week I might work on implementing some special shot effects instead of gun sprites on wednesday. Want to have silver and gold gun's have a cool sparkly flash to em when you shoot. I'lll probably be drawing gun sprites too whenever the game complies, since it takes like 10 minutes every time.

What percentage of non guns related sprite work would you say is completed? Roughly?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Wezlar posted:

What percentage of non guns related sprite work would you say is completed? Roughly?

Check out this galoot who still doesn't get that B2 is just sheets of gun sprites.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

The Magical Realms of Tír na nÓg: Escape from Necron 7 – Revenge of Cuchulainn: The Official Game of the Movie – Chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa: Enter The Gungeon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
I cannot imagine the anguish inflicted by the thought of having to draw 700 gun sprites, let alone after having done 1300 already