Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

I realized that the MacElroys have done the Williams Street thing and have created the Adult Swim side of Polygon's Cartoon Network and I love it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LDUuwSvy3k

El Padrino posted:

New TAZ is up. What are you waiting for, nerds? :getin:

Halfway in and it's good. Also drat I never thought I'd utter these words but I gotta get that zine

https://www.generosity.com/community-fundraising/the-adventure-zine-fan-art-for-facing-hunger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

Halfway in and it's good. Also drat I never thought I'd utter these words but I gotta get that zine

https://www.generosity.com/community-fundraising/the-adventure-zine-fan-art-for-facing-hunger
Holy poo poo, they've already raised $18k. Awesome!

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

the end of this week's TAZ uses a free riff that I know extremely well from 5sf, so here's the riff again in 5sf.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiyDmqO59QE

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
After so long wishing for Crystal Kingdom to finally end it feels like 11th hour is going by so quickly, I can't believe that there's only one episode left.

Also they definitely seem to be gearing up for an ending now that we know how many artifacts there are and they've been getting gifts and advice to prepare them for a final battle in the future. I'm happy that they have the foresight to not just spin their wheels forever until everyone loses interest but at the same time I am going to be sad when we have to say goodbye after years with these characters. Especially since I haven't really dug any of the new campaigns they teased in the one-off episodes.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Guy Mann posted:

After so long wishing for Crystal Kingdom to finally end it feels like 11th hour is going by so quickly, I can't believe that there's only one episode left.

Also they definitely seem to be gearing up for an ending now that we know how many artifacts there are and they've been getting gifts and advice to prepare them for a final battle in the future. I'm happy that they have the foresight to not just spin their wheels forever until everyone loses interest but at the same time I am going to be sad when we have to say goodbye after years with these characters. Especially since I haven't really dug any of the new campaigns they teased in the one-off episodes.

Are they gonna be playing new characters when this entire campaign is over, or will they just be having different types of adventures?

Yeah I don't want this arc to end! I'm gonna miss Ren and I selfishly hope they can take her with them, like Angus and Noelle.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

New campaign. And, actually, I think this is a weird situation where although I really enjoy all of the characters I don't think any of them could or should work brought onto the BoB, Ren's probably the closest but even then I just don't think she's compelling enough to work outside of this arc.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
They have mentioned that in the past they want to do a campaign modeled after Persona sometime, I love urban fantasy in general so them doing some take on that would be pretty awesome but going full :catdrugs: like that could be especially great.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

A small scale detective campaign set in a big city could be pretty sweet. It'd be a lot of work for Griffin, but I bet he'd do a great job.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
it's not really work if you enjoy it

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I just need more Adventure Zone Nights and Griffin's precious warlock boy

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

Holy poo poo @ newest car boyz
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=on1rJ33gzkk
i don't think they could script a moment more shocking and incredible than the completely random, loving bonkers ending of this video

Amateur Sketch
Feb 23, 2008

a kaleidoscopic supernova
of all your hopes and dreams

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I just need more Adventure Zone Nights and Griffin's precious warlock boy

It's the character things like "Warlock who tells everyone he's definitely a wizard" and "Bard who was blacklisted by another PC" that make me excited for AZ: Knights. Travis recently tweeted that they might be recording more eps of that soon!

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

bowmore posted:

it's not really work if you enjoy it

it absolutely is, it's just easier to tolerate

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

I'm going to miss Angus and the main boys when this campaign is over.

Also, they need to be nicer to Roswell. They're not just a giant lump of clay! They have feelings!

Beekeeping and You fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Aug 26, 2016

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
if the first twenty minutes of the next MBMBAM aren't dedicated to a long-form discussion of the new Carly Rae Jepsen release the boys are dead to me

also here's apple music and spotify links cuz i know y'all gonna go scrambling for em

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Beekeeping and You posted:

I'm going to miss Angus and the main boys when this campaign is over.

Also, they need to be nicer to Roswell. He's not just a giant lump of clay! He has feelings!

Griffin's been actually surprisingly careful about referring to Roswell as "they", and I think that's pretty cool.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Jesus that tune in Adventure Zone that plays when they enter the temple, the one with discrete tones, has been bugging me for a couple days now, as it triggered memory of another tune from decades back. I finally realized that the song it sounds familiar to is the title music from Metroid on the NES.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

SpacePig posted:

Griffin's been actually surprisingly careful about referring to Roswell as "they", and I think that's pretty cool.

Ah, dammit :saddowns: Yeah, I hosed that up. Need to get better about pronouns.

Beekeeping and You fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Aug 26, 2016

Ordinaire
Sep 1, 2008

Forks in the road we're not.
I don't think it can be overstated just how good the new Car Boys is.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Ordinaire posted:

With an off camera guest appearance by Magneto, Master of Magnetism

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I'd really love to know what made that happen

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Ordinaire posted:

Someone please keep Griffin away from video games everywhere he goes a new horrible god creature or creepypasta soon follows.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

PBS Newshour posted:

Someone please keep Griffin away from video games everywhere he goes a new horrible god creature or creepypasta soon follows.

Oh my god do you think it was Final Pam? She escaped into the internet and has been biding her time since then...

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Nah, she's running the Applebee's twitter and trolling Justin now.

Veshpo
May 23, 2016

Emotion Side B is a bit disappointing overall, but "Higher" is flames

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

lets hang out posted:

I'm sure Busto 2.0 momentarily was in every possible space simultaneously

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Austin Walker (formerly of GB) from Friends at the Table and Griffin are trying to get a panel going at SXSW for talkin' about RPG podcasts

https://twitter.com/austin_walker/status/769252544677875712

Pretty easy vote, I think it'd be hilarious hearing those two on stage.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Just listened to the new TAZ. Griffin is on some scaled down Brandon Sanderson poo poo in this campaign, which is extremely my jam.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

lets hang out posted:

I feel like, somehow, the damage they did to Busto 2.0 was also applied to the truck?

Veshpo
May 23, 2016

I thought they probably respawned Busto underneath the truck and caused some weird collision hijinks

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
A wizard did it.

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

does anyone know what griffin used to make the synthesized voice? this or this, maybe? (based on my poor tweet googling)

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

_jink posted:

does anyone know what griffin used to make the synthesized voice?

Vocaloid

( I'm pretty sure he ended up buying vocaloid instead of the free options)

Scudworth fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Aug 28, 2016

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

I think it's the Avanna vocaloid, specifically.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/MBMBaM/status/770298058072621057

Candlenights show is a few months early this year, probably so they can slot it in during their paternity leave at the end of the year.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

This Candlenights creep is getting worse every year.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

So a clip from Thursday's Steven Universe was released, and there's something in the background...

The reference was confirmed by one of the background artists.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Makes sense. The Adventure Zone has been gaining quite a bit of traction among the art community, thanks to it's fun writing and variety of unique characters who don't have much in the way of canon physical descriptions.

Also, if I had the needed skills, I'd make an Adventure Zone game in RPG maker, but I don't, and I feel like trying to collaborate with the role of "idea guy" doesn't seem fair.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Mikedawson posted:

thanks to it's fun writing and variety of unique characters who don't have much in the way of canon physical descriptions.

Can't wait for this to cause the tumblr fan art set to implode against itself with drama like it did with Night Vale for the same reason.
Can't loving wait.

"But but... my headcanon!! :qq: "

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Scudworth posted:

Can't wait for this to cause the tumblr fan art set to implode against itself with drama like it did with Night Vale for the same reason.
Can't loving wait.

"But but... my headcanon!! :qq: "

You're really weird