Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010

Calaveron posted:

Can you really describe that which existed before time because He willed it into existence and will exist after the end because He willed it so as just "super strong" and "super rare"?

Considering I beat up and crammed time and space into pokeballs already, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!
Literally Abrahamic God now available at participating GameStop locations

Well, they're probably out of Literally Abrahamic God cards at this point, actually.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Does the pokemon you use to weaken Him before capturing ascend into some sort of semi deified avatar of destruction?
And has anyone caught Arceus with a Pokeball or is it only Ultraball or higher?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Reshiram and Zekrom, Yveltal and Xerneas, what is their role in the theological cosmology of the universe and what do they even matter in the face of the confirmation of the existence of a creator god.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Calaveron posted:

Reshiram and Zekrom, Yveltal and Xerneas, what is their role in the theological cosmology of the universe and what do they even matter in the face of the confirmation of the existence of a creator god.

They look cooler.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

sharrrk posted:

its messed up that they still havent made ethers and elixers purchasable, even if it was only in the late game marts or something

You can buy them in Black 2 at Join Avenue but I think that might be it. And while I'm on the subject, why does Streetpass just get you miles in gen 6 when Black 2 had the best implementation of it in a Pokémon game before Streetpass even existed???

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010

Calaveron posted:

It just made dialga and palkia and they have myths about them in sinnoh.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It's been a while since I played but isn't the climax of Pokemon Conquest you discovering you're a chosen of Arceus?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Like I understand Groudon and Kyogre and Rayquaza helped shape the Earth and Reshiram and Zekrom something something spirituality and yin and yang, but despite catching Yveltal I still don't know what's his deal other than some sort of evil phoenix analogue what with absorbing all life in an area in order to be reborn. Someone explain X and Y to me

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
he looks like a y

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

xerneas has super life powers and turns into a tree to be reborn. yveltal is there too so they can have two versions. i don't think they're supposed to be particularly creationy

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I mean, most legendaries are still just rare pokemon that are powerful without needing a level of cosmic importance

Yveltal is just a bird with high stats don't think too hard about it

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
arceus isn't even real

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

I've been looking at Rowlet gifs, and I do really hope that they introduce a Super Eviolite item or something that boosts your stats by 200% for a 1st stage Poke because this motherfucker is just too cute and I will never let it evolve.

I will Power grind him to level 100 before beating the Alola equivalent of the Elite Four (if they have) with him

schmarson
Dec 21, 2012

MY DUDES

Ultra Carp
Don't know if these codes still work, but I got some extra Darkrai codes from Gamestop that expire in 2 days and used only 2 out of the 4 I had. Feel free to take them:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Is Professor Oak still alive in canon or did he finally pass away as the foremost researcher and respected pioneer in Pokemonology and beloved family man and grandfather of two

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...

schmarson posted:

Don't know if these codes still work, but I got some extra Darkrai codes from Gamestop that expire in 2 days and used only 2 out of the 4 I had. Feel free to take them:

Snagged the second one, thank you!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Calaveron posted:

Is Professor Oak still alive in canon or did he finally pass away as the foremost researcher and respected pioneer in Pokemonology and beloved family man and grandfather of two

he died but you can capture his pokemon spirit this month with a free code from participating gamestop locations

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Argh just missed those Dakrai codes!

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012

Calaveron posted:

Like I understand Groudon and Kyogre and Rayquaza helped shape the Earth and Reshiram and Zekrom something something spirituality and yin and yang, but despite catching Yveltal I still don't know what's his deal other than some sort of evil phoenix analogue what with absorbing all life in an area in order to be reborn. Someone explain X and Y to me

They're the embodiment of life and death, sought to power a laser 300 years ago. Zygarde is there too.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

zygarde sits in a cave all day keeping track of people ruining the environment and when it's seen enough it goes out to knock some heads together. also it's a cool giant snake

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

oddium posted:

zygarde sits in a cave all day keeping track of people ruining the environment and when it's seen enough it goes out to knock some heads together. also it's a cool giant snake

But if Yveltal is death and Xerneas life what is Zygarde

Also after all the concrete and abstract opposing elements and concepts, what's left for a theoretical Gen VIII

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i just told you what zygarde is

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Calaveron posted:

But if Yveltal is death and Xerneas life what is Zygarde

Also after all the concrete and abstract opposing elements and concepts, what's left for a theoretical Gen VIII

Dancing tiki birds.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

oddium posted:

i just told you what zygarde is

oddium posted:

How does that fit into the life death dichotomy. The environment? I understand Rayquaza's deal about knocking Groudon and Kyogre's heads together when they start being too big of bitches but not Zygarde.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

does this help

bulbapedia posted:

Zygarde's 10%, 50%, and Complete Formes may be inspired in part by the three children of Loki and Angrboða: Fenrir, Jörmungandr, and Hel.

Zygarde 10% Forme may be based on Fenrir. The green leash-like object around its neck could be based on Gleipnir, the rope that binds Fenrir. This Forme could also draw inspiration from Garmr, the watchdog that guards Helheim's gate.

Zygarde 50% Forme's appearance is based on a serpent in the shape of the letter Z. It may also draw inspiration from Jörmungandr, a sea serpent that encircles the earth, and Níðhöggr, a dragon that gnaws at the roots of Yggdrasill, the world tree.

Zygarde Complete Forme may be based on Hel, the ruler of Helheim, the realm of the dead in Nordic myth.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Nope!

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

It's called the Order Pokemon. It's based on balance. It's right in-between the others. Gosh...

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Between life and death?? Purgatory?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I for one look forward to when Zygarde will help me ascend to a higher plane of existence.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

Life support.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Tired Moritz posted:

Zygarde is a doctor.

Or a Facebook "like and comment amen"

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Zygarde doesn't give a poo poo about any loving "Creation" or "Destruction" bullshit.

But if some trees get cut down, you bet your rear end he's gonna go Megazord mode and remind humans that history shows again and again how nature points out the folly of man.

rip pokemon z

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

man is the real pocket monster

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
The great tragedy of not getting Pokemon Z is that we didn't get a version of that big sundial dedicated to the cover legendary.

Or, in other words, a Zygarde Clock.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
They absolutely were working on Pokemon Z right? What was the reason they shelved it?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Calaveron posted:

They absolutely were working on Pokemon Z right? What was the reason they shelved it?

Probably time.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
xerneas is a murder machine while yveltal is the pokemon with innate self recovery

you tell me which one is the pokemon of life and which is the pokemon of death

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

xerneas is life and yveltal is death, for the record

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Calaveron posted:

If I had to make a guess, I would say it's because they wanted new games out for the anniversary instead of a third version.