Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
gently caress yes she will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AMorePerfctGoonion
Aug 11, 2016

by exmarx
Could someone explain the boosted thing I keep hearing about? :downs:

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

AMorePerfctGoonion posted:

Boosted is a crazy person who wants Trump to win ironically or some poo poo. He's lord commander of the Trump thread.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
as somebody who lives in california, i'm curious to see if the election will be called for hillary before our polls even close.

AMorePerfctGoonion
Aug 11, 2016

by exmarx

DemeaninDemon posted:

Boosted is a crazy person who wants Trump to win ironically or some poo poo. He's lord commander of the Trump thread.

Thanks. I should check out that thread for the schaedenfreude. I can't seem to get enough of it this election. I don't know what I'll do on November 9.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Instant Sunrise posted:

as somebody who lives in california, i'm curious to see if the election will be called for hillary before our polls even close.

it'll be called before any polling place even opens

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

I'm absolutely confident of a complete Dem landslide - the senate at the least - because Trump has made enemies of some very powerful, though not particularly vocal, forces in American politics - the wealthy, who fear an unpredictable anti-free-trade populist, the foreign policy community who have been the first to abandon him and every single minority group. Some in the FPC suspect him of being an unwitting Russian agent. The mainstream media are slowly but surely turning against him and the narrative is becoming more openly contemptuous and dismissive. He signed his own death certificate when he employed a racist anti-semite as his third and probably final campaign director. Women loathe him. He is held ransom by his fringe base, as any attempt to reach out beyond his extreme positions risks alienating them but he can't win without doing so.

And because Trump thrives on publicity he will constantly be in the news so that Republicans won't be able to pretend he doesn't exist and hope for a split ballot. The minitrumps have already been falling like flies, the endorsers will be next and even those who didn't speak out will suffer the consequences.

Maybe this is wishful thinking, but I'm not going to go to great lengths to defend this, I just wanted to put down my predictions somewhere.

I'm looking at what you wrote, and I see it.

The reasoning here seems sound.
:golfclap:

AMorePerfctGoonion
Aug 11, 2016

by exmarx

Princess Di posted:

I'm looking at what you wrote, and I see it.

The reasoning here seems sound.
:golfclap:

Much obliged. I guess we'll find out soon enough!

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

DemeaninDemon posted:

He also was our Trump-centric Idiot King, who famously talks big but refused (until allegedly recently) to wear his MAGA hat outside due to a combination of cowardly fears that his neighbors might react negatively and nagging from his wife. Eventually ZDR got tired of his antics and took away his trefoil, giving it instead to Baloogan on the principle that a alcoholic Canadian malcontent who spends his working days knee-deep in literal feces would be a better fit for the role than a hat-phobic Floridian chickenhawk.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Instant Sunrise posted:

They'll hem and haw about it until the West Coast polls close, sorry Alaska and Hawaii. Unless she picks up Georgia, Missouri, Arizona, or Indiana, she's probably not going to officially clinch it until Nevada though. Assuming she only gets 347 EC votes, she'll be at 263 after Colorado and New Mexico are called.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Thanks. I should check out that thread for the schaedenfreude. I can't seem to get enough of it this election. I don't know what I'll do on November 9.

Read away but it's bad form to post about the other thread here. In case you were unaware.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

He was a former IK, handed out sixers for sassing him (which was common), and was the worst TRUMP! *CLICK* gimmick in c-spam.

Then ZDR de-IKed him and made Baloogan IK in his place, and while batshit crazy, Baloogan is at least funny and you can hold a reasonable conversation with him when he's not drunk off his rear end.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

how long is ecuador going to keep sheltering a rapist in their embassy?

Instant Sunrise has issued a correction as of 02:37 on Aug 30, 2016

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Instant Sunrise posted:

Probably for as long as it annoys America.

AMorePerfctGoonion
Aug 11, 2016

by exmarx

DemeaninDemon posted:

Read away but it's bad form to post about the other thread here. In case you were unaware.

I was. I'm a stupid newb as you can tell by my join date. Thanks for the heads up.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx

Captain_Maclaine posted:

He also was our Trump-centric Idiot King, who famously talks big but refused (until allegedly recently) to wear his MAGA hat outside due to a combination of cowardly fears that his neighbors might react negatively and nagging from his wife. Eventually ZDR got tired of his antics and took away his trefoil, giving it instead to Baloogan on the principle that a alcoholic Canadian malcontent who spends his working days knee-deep in literal feces would be a better fit for the role than a hat-phobic Floridian chickenhawk.

Not to nitpick, but Baloogan is Canadian-American. He has dual citizenship.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

iospace posted:

He was a former IK, handed out sixers for sassing him (which was common), and was the worst TRUMP! *CLICK* gimmick in c-spam.

Then ZDR de-IKed him and made Baloogan IK in his place, and while batshit crazy, Baloogan is at least funny and you can hold a reasonable conversation with him when he's not drunk off his rear end.

also Boosted cried for Jeb! to take him back

fozzie dunlop
Feb 28, 2008

by exmarx
Boosted also does not post anywhere outside of the Trump toxx thread, because he's too afraid of everyone else making fun of him over the Internet.

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker

the image on the left reminds me of my beloved California. Needs more rural burnt scrub though

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker

Instant Sunrise posted:

I have had friends and family (we are all californian) say that they were gonna vote for trump.

Up until he cinched the nomination... one will vote for hillary and another is voting for stein.

I'm seriously planning on givng him a lot of poo poo on his support for an anti-vax candidate until he changes his mind. But he moved to colorado so maybe it's the weed talking.

I think the election will be called for Hillary before the polls close here but Trump will not give a concession speech until the day after

celeron 300a has issued a correction as of 05:38 on Aug 30, 2016

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Instant Sunrise posted:

Statute of limitations.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

celeron 300a posted:

I think the election will be called for Hillary before the polls close here but Trump will not give a concession speech until the day after
It wouldn't surprise me if he not only didn't do the customary concession call, but also straight up doesn't give a concession speech at all. He'll make vague, accusatory comments about "reports of voting irregularities" and threaten a lawsuit to contest the results for several days. Finally, he'll tweet something closer to capitulation than concession before going on to lurch between blaming a laundry list of non-Trumps for his failure and insisting that he actually won because now his issues are front and center. After he calms down, he'll announce a new media venture between himself, Ailes, and Breitbart, definitely a website but also perhaps a cable channel as well, to compete directly with those RINOs and CINOs over at Fox News. Then, his work completed, he will ascend to the top of Trump Tower to watch the world burn.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
I'm still thinking he'll show up on inauguration day to slip his hand on the book of satan or whatever tome of dark magics hillary swears in on

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
If Trump started working on a cable Trump News Network a few days after losing the election, how soon do you think he could get it off the ground? Q3 2017?

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
How long did it take the Palin channel?

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

DemeaninDemon posted:

How long did it take the Palin channel?

july 27, 2014 - july 4, 2015

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

so just under 6 years.

also i know you didn't ask for how long before it actually lasted but i felt like including it anyway.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Pakled posted:

If Trump started working on a cable Trump News Network a few days after losing the election, how soon do you think he could get it off the ground? Q3 2017?

Its the same con trump has been running his whole life: spend a bunch of daddy's money to attract investors with overly opulent flash, run the business into the ground because of general idiocy and incompetence, and bail out leaving someone else holding the bag

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Al! posted:

Its the same con trump has been running his whole life: spend a bunch of daddy's money to attract investors with overly opulent flash, run the business into the ground because of general idiocy and incompetence, and bail out leaving someone else holding the bag

Just like His Holiness Saint Reagan, blessed be His Name, intended.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

DemeaninDemon posted:

Just like His Holiness Saint Reagan, blessed be His Name, intended.

and that guy who was president for two terms between bill clinton and obama

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

Find your polling place.
Uniquely qualified candidate time!
Celebrate Herself's victory.
Kickoff four years of liberal darkness and debauchery.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Discendo Vox posted:

Statute of limitations.

I believe they have expired, but Assange is loving scared of being extradited to the US.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

iospace posted:

I believe they have expired, but Assange is loving scared of being extradited to the US.

he still has one or two rape charges pending

also a man handcuffed himself to a chair in the nevada state democratic primaries

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsvHrqJXgHo

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Gyges posted:

They'll hem and haw about it until the West Coast polls close, sorry Alaska and Hawaii. Unless she picks up Georgia, Missouri, Arizona, or Indiana, she's probably not going to officially clinch it until Nevada though. Assuming she only gets 347 EC votes, she'll be at 263 after Colorado and New Mexico are called.
Yeah, even if she does pick up Georgia/Arizona/Missouri (lol that we're even talking about that possibility) the margins in those states will likely be super thin, and so we wouldn't get a complete count of the votes before the West coast would come in. Think 2008 North Carolina, and how long it took to verify that Obama won it.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

exploding mummy posted:

he still has one or two rape charges pending

also a man handcuffed himself to a chair in the nevada state democratic primaries

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsvHrqJXgHo

There are a few charges still pending but the president of Ecuador who let Assage stay at the embasy has said he won't seek re-election next year so here's to a great 2017. :toot:

e: Also, Hillary is literally Michael Corleone

"Don't ask me about my business Bill posted:

President Barack Obama gave the final go-ahead order for the mission that killed Osama bin Laden on Friday, April 29, 2011. That day, schedules show Clinton went to the White House for a half-hour meeting whose details have been redacted by the State Department and an hour and 25 minute meeting in the situation room with high level officials.

On Friday evening, she had a private dinner with then-congresswoman Jane Harman and State Department official Ellen Tauscher. The next day, Saturday, Washington officials who were in the know about the upcoming bin Laden raid were keen to keep up their normal activities, so as not to give any hint that something unusual was happening. The schedule shows Clinton left her home in Georgetown and went to The Hand Chapel, on the campus of George Washington University. There she attended the wedding of a friend of Chelsea Clinton's, Jacqueline Newmyer, who married Joseph Deal IV. Clinton was back home by 5:40 p.m.

The next day, Clinton left her home at 12:30 p.m. and went to the White House, where later that afternoon a staff photographer would take the famous picture of Clinton in the situation room with Obama and other officials as they monitored the raid. She stayed at the White House until after Obama addressed the nation about bin Laden's death, and returned to her home after midnight.

A Winner is Jew has issued a correction as of 17:27 on Aug 30, 2016

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

plot twist, the deleted emails are all spam and mailing lists that hillary never bothered to unsubscribe from

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
99% of them are reply alls saying yes or no to something.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

DemeaninDemon posted:

99% of them are reply alls saying yes or no to something.

hillary clinton deleted emails from a wakandan prince who came to her asking for help to stabilize his nation's economy by offshoring funds during a time of crisis, she turned him away without replying to a single email. Is this the kind of person we want leading the country?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Instant Sunrise posted:

plot twist, the deleted emails are all spam and mailing lists that hillary never bothered to unsubscribe from

Thats not a plot twist, thats an expected result

• Locked thread