Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
placid saviour
Apr 6, 2009
Finally managed to buy the drat thing. Us Slokovainsians have it hard. Will read and review if the next update lives up to the hype. And let's be honest here of course it will :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colander Crotch
Nov 24, 2005

I- I don't even know what you just called me!
I read the gently caress out of the book in one weekend and posted a review for you Chokes. Now I just have to wait impatiently for the next one.

Just like I do for all of your LPs.

Buddy was awesome and I seriously nearly got pissed toward the end. You know what I mean.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
Derailing the hype just long enough to ask if Chokes has any options for purchase besides Amazon Kindle, as I have no such key item in my inventory.

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer

Derek Barona posted:

Derailing the hype just long enough to ask if Chokes has any options for purchase besides Amazon Kindle, as I have no such key item in my inventory.

You can read it online using the Amazon Kindle Cloud Reader. Basically a Kindle Emulator run by Amazon, through your browser.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
I gave you a 5, I'll give you a review when I can get a chance to finish the book, it's been fun so far!

edit: For the purposes of this post, I meant a 5 for the thread. I'm on topic!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Canto VI, Verse 4: Ara-Gone

It's about goddamn time! What took you assholes so long?

Oh, settle down. It's not like we went on vacation or anything.

Yeah.

You guys are seriously impacting my revenge schedule here.

Have you guys seen my sunscreen? I have to apply it every five minutes!

*twitch*

REMEMBER ME, rear end in a top hat?!

...nnnnnnnnno?

ffffffffffff

Hahahahahahah

Look, my memory's been kind of spotty since I got here. Can you give me a hint?

Seriously? loving seriously? The horns and the robes haven't clued you in? I'm trying to get my revenge here! Stop not knowing who I am!

...can I buy a vowel?

I'm the Sorceror you twat

Well, if you say so!

At first I was not sure sealing you in here was the right thing to do. Now I see you've killed many good men, and are trying to undo the book itself.

Pfft. They weren't that good if they all got themselves killed. :rolleyes:

It's Ricerche! As far as I can tell, it's pronounced REE-CER-SHAY. As in, a corrupted version of "ricochet." Try to contain your excitement at that.

Anyhoo, Ricerche is the first of the assclowns that locked us in here. Let's get in there and stomp some rear end!

Y'know, he is kind of cute!

I thought you weren't into guys?

Being a wiccan doesn't automatically make me a lesbian, you tool.

Yeah, but didn't you used to date a dryad?

I never said I wasn't bi. :colbert:

OW

You jerk! We were bantering!

I swear, manners these days.

EVERYONE SHUT THE gently caress UP

Rude

And you, ranger! Do you have any idea what you and your country bumpkin royalty put me through? You could've just killed me. You could've just put me in jail. At least then I'd... well, no. I'd still try to kill you.

But that's beside the point

...which is?

This is a fate worse than death! This is a living hell! There are people down here who have been forced to sleep for so long, they've literally gone insane! You did that to them! How does that make you any better than me?!

Well, for one thing, I chose to be a hero and not an evil coward.

:tizzy:

hrg grrk blf

How about now? Remember me now?!

Hey, look, everyone! Psychic Assault is useful!

Psychic Assault is your boss nuke weapon. It functions like a magical Acid Flash and does direct HP damage based on a percentage of their current HP. Since it's a spell, defense can blunt it, which is why it didn't work on the monks—a piddly amount of damage plus a decent defense, and nothing gets through. But! Against a boss, it'll do hundreds of damage right out of the gate. Anything that gets you a jump start on their ridiculous HP is definitely welcome.

After that, we raise shields...

...and off we go!

Dammit! He got away!

Vlad... can't you see the infrared spectrum?

Not really. It's just something I tell people to impress them.

You can't actually change into a bat, can you?

I'm working on it okay

*sigh*

There. All yours, buddy.

Thanks, Frank! :shobon:

errrggh

Dispel Enemy also begins to come in handy. We've got skills in our toolbox now that are absolutely worthless for random mobs but drat near critical for bosses. Not to spoil anything, but the next few boss fights (should?) go pretty smoothly. We're hitting a section where our ridiculously inflated gear and new skills are going to carry us right past most challenges... which means there's a great big horned homing missle bearing down on the jerks that put him here. :getin:

Still, Ricerche actually does have a couple of nasty attacks...

You! Various and sundry idiots! Stop gabbing and kill!

Don't you get tired of taking orders from him?

Welllll. Not to speak for everybody, but...

:silent:

There! He can't control you now! You're free!

...really? Really and truly?

Yes, creatures of the night! Leave this man to me—go and live your lives, in safety and in peace!

Nah.

what why

You'd just kill us later as a random encounter.

Boss was right, this guy's a chump.

Let 'em have it, guys!

Mmm. Tastes like mint and thyme!

Still gross.

Ugh. Very well, if you won't cooperate, I'll employ my usual battle tactics...

Start with the most powerful one while he can't fight back. :smug:

(Dear loving elder gods I hate this guy, I hate him, so much hate)

Nerve Strike paralyzes, and Piercing Shot is one of the few straight attacks we have to worry about. Hail of Arrows is pretty easily countered with Regeneration, and the rest of his abilities basically waste turns. But Piercing Arrow? That poo poo zips right through our defense and hurts.

Fortunately for us—and unfortunately for him—we have an way around his tomfoolery.

Unleash the kraken :krakken:

:unsmigghh:

:psyboom:

Hahahahaha HAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Should we...?

Nope. Let him get all of it out of his system first.

Pretty sweet haul for an easy fight. A round of level-ups, too!

Yup. Because that's what Vlad needed.

I... don't think that means what they think it means. Regardless, this is also a helpful boss fight spell. It'll throw out any buffs, though—at least, I'm pretty sure it will—so use only in case of emergency.

In other news, hope there's not a boss rush at the end of all this or Miles isn't gonna have a real fun time. :twisted:

Oh man, that was great. Did you see the way he grabbed his head and fell over screaming? How loving awesome am I?

Do you really want us to answer to that?

urgh

Oh, what the—I swear to Cthulhu, if you had Life 3 cast on you before this fight...

...the Archon? What the hell is an Archon?

barf

And there he goes.

Alright, I'm just gonna come right out and say what everyone's thinking. How did an idiot like that manage to capture you in an ancient book?

...I had my back turned.

Doing what?

...y'know. Stuff. *shifty glance*

You don't actually have an excuse, do you?

Oh hey look a treasure chest

Yay! I like treasure! :neckbeard:

I'm startin' to see why the two of them hang out so much.

Yup.

Another one? :nallears:

Toss it in the bag next to Excalibur and Ragnarock, I guess.

Seriously, we've got to sell some of this poo poo off. It's gotta be worth 5, maybe even 10 gems apiece.

Alright. Do your eye rolly chant thing, chief, and we can move on to the next floor.

I wonder what ancient and terrible tongue he'll spout against his will this time?

I've got a lovely bunch of coconuuuuuuuuuts~

Spirit's just screwing with him at this point.

I think I might have a new crush. :kiddo:

Chokes McGee fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Aug 30, 2016

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
I'm just waiting for the part where Dispel Party unsummons the entire team. :getin:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

This is still my favorite ongoing LP in the forums. :allears:

Kangra
May 7, 2012

I was kind of hoping the Ghost could get in on that fight, so we'd know what it actually sounds like when the devil breaks parole.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
Oh, we're getting into the guys who put you in the hole to start with. I'm kinda hoping they get back together once you put them down 1 by 1, and you can have a 4 on 4 rumble.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

quote:

Dispel Enemy also begins to come in handy. We've got skills in our toolbox now that are absolutely worthless for random mobs but drat near critical for bosses.

hahahahahaha :shepicide:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Ricerche is just kind of a pushover. I can't imagine any party that could somehow have any difficulty at all against him after making it this far.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

SSNeoman posted:

hahahahahaha :shepicide:

:ohdear:

vdate
Oct 25, 2010

Chokes McGee posted:

Be sure to leave an Amazon review, if I get up to six a whole new world of marketing opens up to me. :kiddo:

You got it, chief! It may not be the most insightful, but that should be number six. Also, hooray, a new update. Ricochet here is, as others have mentioned, no very great challenge compared to, say, Miles or Gilex, since now you've got the tools and the gear to deal with his shenaniganry. Even if you managed to never roll anything way out of depth, he's just not as dangerous as a big ol' swarm of lesser enemies. Also, it's about drat time you landed Psychic Assault on something - granted, you were probably only showing the misses for narrative reasons, but drat that skill is so good on high-HP targets, and as the game goes on, everything becomes a high-HP target!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

vdate posted:

You got it, chief! It may not be the most insightful, but that should be number six.

:hfive:

Oh, decision time coming up at the end of this next Intermezzo! It kind of caught me by surprise, so I'll have to go back and record some of the goofy poo poo I've found. I'm pretty sure I know which one I want, but I promise you guys decision input. Stay tuned.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Is Psychic Assault pure percentage or is there a little extra on top? It seems like it'd lose its shine pretty quickly into the battle.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Glazius posted:

Is Psychic Assault pure percentage or is there a little extra on top? It seems like it'd lose its shine pretty quickly into the battle.

I assume there's a base since I was still cranking out 80 near the end of the fight and Ricerche's armor wasn't broken.

OTOH, Acid Flasks usually lose their effectiveness after two since it's a straight 25%. Who knows. Paper Sorcerer's combat engine is an arcane and terrifying thing that no one should research too closely lest they go mad.

Kacie
Nov 11, 2010

Imagining a Brave New World
Ramrod XTreme
Read your book in two evenings - a great romp, and some truly beautiful/haunting descriptions that have stuck with me.

Do you still need reviews on Amazon? For you, I'll brave actually posting a review.

I'm also left with questions for you about the setting/universe of the world, which I confess I've been turning over in my head the last few days! Is it okay to PM you, or do you prefer I do that Followers thing that Kindle wants me to do?

I love your writeup for this game, and look forward to more surprises and knee-capping. I hope Willow comes out okay - I like her. And she's treading on thin ice, from what I can tell.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Kacie posted:

Do you still need reviews on Amazon? For you, I'll brave actually posting a review.

The answer is yes. At all times. Unless it's two stars or less. (Maybe even then.)

quote:

I'm also left with questions for you about the setting/universe of the world, which I confess I've been turning over in my head the last few days! Is it okay to PM you, or do you prefer I do that Followers thing that Kindle wants me to do?

PMs. Like I said, I don't want to harp on it so much in this thread that I start chaffing against the forum rules.

quote:

I love your writeup for this game, and look forward to more surprises and knee-capping. I hope Willow comes out okay - I like her. And she's treading on thin ice, from what I can tell.

This isn't the first time the party has been dickheads to each other, and it won't be the last. :getin:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
What up, thread! New update drops this weekend. I think everyone's going to like where this one goes.

Except Vlad.

:twisted:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Every Vampire has his day.

Except Vlad.

Also I meant night. Every Vampire has his night.

Even if it's a Belmont.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
So I had a surreal experience. I went to check my Kindle as I had finished one book, only to discover a book on there that I didn't recognize and had no idea where it came from.

Turned out to be a story about a guy discovering the secret magical world around him. Kind of an... odd thing to show up for no reason...

Then I saw the Tainted bottom-of-page ad when I was browsing Something Awful and the world made sense again.

So that's the story of how I forgot I bought the book and creeped myself out. :v: It was a pretty good book.

UmbreonMessiah
Nov 1, 2011

~Hey, I'm grump!~
I'm...yeah, I'm just a grump.
The weekend past and there was no update.

Oh god, did the bees get him?

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

UmbreonMessiah posted:

The weekend past and there was no update.

Oh god, did the bees get him?

The wasps have too much to lose by ending him prematurely, so that can't be it.

Maybe that meteor actually did crash into his home.

UmbreonMessiah
Nov 1, 2011

~Hey, I'm grump!~
I'm...yeah, I'm just a grump.
With Chokes' luck, it wouldn't hit his home. Just him.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

If I remember right, his wife said that after this he should take a break from LPs, because things always go wrong.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Silegna posted:

If I remember right, his wife said that after this he should take a break from LPs, because things always go wrong.

Well then, he either took her accurate advice or...oh no :ohdear:

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Relax. Guy probably just got stuck in a magic book with a bunch of charming morons.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Jeez you guys. You miss your due date by one day...

Anyway here's your update ok?! ok!!!!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Intermezzo V: A Song of Fire and Nice

I sense a great disturbance in the Dark Force. As if a million voices cried out "Derp" at once, and then, would never shut up.

Welp, Ricerche's dead. Looks like another win for The Greatest Sorceror Who Ever Lived! :smug:

Ah.

Better than you thought? Baby, you have no idea.

Call me baby again and I'll hang you in the town square by your own intestines.

Hey, whatever gets your motor running!

And at this point, I'm not sure which one I want more.

Before he died he mentioned the Archon, what did he mean?

You okay?

I can handle it. Thank you for asking, though.

No worries!

Which is why it's incredibly important we keep our momentum and continue breaking the bindings.

So, you want me to break someone's brain. Got it.

Just this once, I'll admit you're the man for the job.

Get used to saying that. :heysexy:

Yo, Romero! Got a fresh load of dumb crap for you. Gimme weapons!

Psst

?

I have to ask... how do you keep this team running with him around?

Who, the chief? I dunno. He's effective.

He's a tiny minded clod with spells.

Well, yeah. But they're good spells!

I guess. Look, if you ever ditch the loser with horns, give me a call. I can always use another villain on the payroll.

Yeah?

Yeah. Here's my number.

...867-5666?
Call me. :wink:

!

Fifth binding's broken, and Ricerche's in the ground. We're doing pretty well for ourselves! Since we're between cell blocks, we'll do our usual party maintenance before hitting Catacombs V. First things first: topping off HP and Energy.

God dammit, game. I need something to work with here. :argh:

Also, Arcanite gear in now available in the shop! We buy gauntlets for everyone to squeeze out a few extra points of Defense, sell off a raft of useless junk, then outfit Frank with Full Plate and an Arcanite Warhammer. We even receive some helpful tips in the process.

I am aware of how helmets work

GRR HRR HRR

Yeah. Anyway, now that we're done with that, let's hit the Catacombs. Offenders, assemble! :hellyeah:

Seriously, do we have to take that thing with us?

Why are you such a pussy about a little wooden doll?

Just wait. You'll see. You'll all see. :stare:

O...kay. You ready, Zigs?

Lead the way, mate.

I'm watching you

same

:stare:

:stare:

AAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa oof

...souls go oof?

Apparently?

Man, I've learned so much since we've gotten here.

Like?

Like the world is a really stupid place.

You'll get no arguments from me, love.

Not a whole lot new down here: same grey walls, same lineup of dead idiots. There's a few new wrinkles, but we'll get to those in due time.

First out of the gate are these dweebs. Needless to say, they don't slow us down much. We're taking one of our weaker lineups into battle, though.

Is that all you got? Watch this!

I'm not afraid of you anymore! What are you gonna do about it? Huh? Huh?

Does vampirism give you the brain stupid or something?

With him? Hard to say.

That's right, in your stupid wooden face

...yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah.

The Puppet needs new gear, and Ziggy has a lot of fun support spells but not a lot of heavies to work with. Vlad carries the day with both strikes and healing, and the Sorceror does have a Darksteel longsword, so there's that. Still, we've got a somewhat useless slot in our party right now.

He's staying there, though. I have my reasons. :colbert:

Oh poo poo oh poo poo kill the guy on the left

?

I've heard stories about these assholes! You know one of them punched through a guy's face?

Woah.

Tell me about it! Dude found an ancient artifact of untlimited power, consolidated the hoardes of evil under his control, and had the whole goddamn world at his feet. Next thing you know, crunch, splat, game over.

Not a great way to go.

No poo poo. If I'm gonna die, I want it to be with style. Like, I dunno, casting an Explode spell surrounded by an army of heroes. How about you guys?

I've never really thought about it. I mean, technically speaking, I'm not even alive!

And I'm already dead, so.

I always wondered. How did you die?

Rock and roll suicide.

Huh.

ARGH I TOLD YOU THEY WERE BAD NEWS

That... wasn't the Defender.

SOMEONE HEAL ME BEFORE I DIE

You're never going to acknowledge it, are you?

FINE I'LL DO IT MYSELF

Phew. Good thing I kick so much rear end, or you guys would be really screwed.

Perish the thought, mate.

Another problem with this crew: we don't have a lot of dispel/heal skills. With Willow and Frank on the bench, we're on our own to handle status ailments. If we're willing to get creative, we do have some options. For instance, we're using the Sorceror's Inner Fire skill here, which heals for a nice chunk and adds Regeneration. As long as we stay far enough ahead on HP that the poison damage doesn't kill him, he'll regenerate the lost HP rght back afterwards.

That Defender is an rear end in a top hat, by the way. He does about what you'd expect, and it takes for-freaking-ever to break his armor. Fortunately, we have a plan. And, like all good plans, it involves a nightmare marionette with razor blade arms.

Even if the puppet is currently weak, Bloodbath is still really helpful, because Bleeding seems to stick way more often than other DoTs. (Looking at you, Scorch.) This makes it a fine go-to for high armor targets. If it takes giving them a lethal paper cut to win, then so be it. I'm not proud.

The rest of this fight is boring and involves us whacking the Defender until his armor breaks, then stabbing the squishy bits afterwards. Absolutely nothing of consequence happens, so we're going to skip it. Moving on!

Hey hey! Look who it is!

um

Got a lot more parts for ya

Lay 'em on me!

oh no

This is great! It's like that one game show!

The one with the supermarket?

What? No, the one where everyone gets maimed.

I'm... fairly certain that's not a thing.

Hey blobby gimme dem swords

Sigh.

Check it out! Now the razorblades shoot fire!

NOPE

NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE

What's his deal?

gently caress all if I know.

Okay, so. How do the new parts work?

Dunno. Let me read the instructions here... *rustle rustle*

Okay, so you make this arcane gesture, and then speak this ancient syllable formed before man first drew breath, and—

Looks like it worked.

Uh... I didn't do anything.

No?

I mean, of course I did something!

See? Everything's going according to plan!

You're really playing the long game, chief.

I know! It's like playing twelfth dimension chess against someone playing checkers.

You don't even play chess.

Sure I do. You move the little horsey around and take their king to win. Boom, done.

You know that doesn't make you a chessmaster, right?

I'm fairly certain he couldn't even operate a peg-jump game.

Equipping the Rune Blade Arm unlocks Ice Blade and Fire Blade for our puppet! Paired with a razor blade arm and an upgraded head and body, the Puppet is now as powerful as the rest of us. Intermediate gear is cool and good, and it'll will last us a good ways.

Fire Sword and Ice Sword are absolutely incredible skills. They cost 2 Energy apiece and have a two turn cooldown, which means you can spam back and forth between them with very little down time. Not only that, but they add elemental weaknesses. This sets up the Sorceror nicely for either Scorch or Frost Fall.

You know what else those skills do?

Zigs, drop the beat. :snoop:

Pressure, pushing down on me, pressing down on you, no man ask for~

Go go gadget murder :kheldragar:

:thurman:

Toggling between the two means the second attack exploits the weakness from the first. Not only that—and this is the hilarious part—elemental weaknesses stack. Once you've stuck both Fire Sword and Ice Sword, that enemy now has weaknesses to both. In addition to the Sorceror's elemental nukes, both sword skills now do even more damage. Throw in some Ghost debuffs, and GET YO POPCORN RDY. :munch:

This particular line-up becomes TEAM C-C-COMBO after equipping the Rune Sword Arm. Frank is a good defensive healer, and Ziggy has the Energy to croon chartbusters nonstop. It's a great support base for the tag team of the Sorceror and Killer Puppet. I really like the dynamic of this little group—even if I kind of stumbled across it on accident.

Even in death, I'll protect you!

Jesus loving Christ. I'm in hell.

Hey, how you doin'! :heysexy:

Joey? Is that you?!

Babe!

Long time no see! ;-*

...uh...

SUP

You! Stand back, I'll handle this.

Get lost, jerk! She's got all the protection she needs.

...you guys do know I can take care of myself, right?

Morons.

Uh, hello? Are we still fighting? Anyone? Trying to do evil here...

Oh, right.

Oh, for gently caress's sake... I just installed new parts on that thing! Eat hellfire, cockwangs!

Heh. 69 HP.

nice

?!?!

...hmm.

Chief, we should probably go ahead and kill these guys. Just sayin'.

Ooh! Allow me!

Oh, and Frank?

Yeah?

She's a mage.

...I'll be damned. You're right!

Oh, loving bullshi

Huh.

Yeah.

...soooo. Doin' anything this Saturday?

Man, I have the worst luck.

Collect Energy is a Ghost ability that restores 3 Energy. There's a six turn cooldown, and it's not nearly as ridiculous as Frank's Charging Strike, but we now have the ability to get back about 8 energy in the span of two turns. This is enough to cast Dirge of Frailty, Knights' March, and Searing Strike, then immediately turn around and get a good chunk of that Energy back. Ziggy is going to be a much bigger deal as he levels up—especially once Incorporeal starts getting to Level 4 and above. Toss on some agility boosts and dodge skills, and he's going to cause a lot of headaches for roving bands of do-gooders.

At any rate, we dispose of the last guy in the usual manner.

Welp!

loving hells, Frank

It's amazing what a good weapon'll do for you.

Only a bad craftsman blames his tools, love.

Hey, you try getting things done with him around.

...I see what you did there.

Heh.

:confused:

As a side note, Ice Blade does about 2-3 times more damage than Fire Blade. I don't know why. All ice skills seem to do more damage than fire, because Frost Fall hits noticeably harder than Scorch. Fire Sword sets up Frost Fall and Ice Sword, though, so we keep it on the rotation.

Brother. :rolleyes:

I found you!

So is this the brother you wanted my help to find?

Hi! I'm Cal!

Hi! I don't care! What else do you want to find?

There is the eldest of us yet to be found, as well as new bodies for all of us to inhabit.

Yeah, still not real clear on the whole "bodies" thing.

Well that sounds like it won't end poorly.

I'm not worried, myself. I mean, I don't even have a body.

Not buying it. I've seen your groupies.

I do have a certain charm about me! :razz:

All done. Now, let's get the gently caress out of here and get back to slaughtering the innocent.

I hear that.

Oh, for the love of... now what?

Whoop dee doo. I'm a magician, and I'm still alive. Pretty sure that makes me better by default.

Why do you two think I even remotely care about any of this?

I see. Please teach me your ways, o wise ones.

Wow. You changed your tune quick.

I'll do anything if it gets me more power, Frank.

Anything?

Anything.

:frogon:

:siren:VOTING TIME:siren:

Looks like our horned dunderhead has finally drawn the attention of some actual dark forces. That means it's time for a class change! I don't know if this event is triggered by the Sorceror's level or just by clearing X amount of dungeon floors, but either way, we need to decide which class he's choosing.

I've never gotten this far into the game before, so I'm as blind to the consequences as you guys are. Also, we're not getting a do-over, so make sure to choose wiselhahahahaha nope couldn't do it. Just do what you always do and randomly spam answers. I'm sure it'll be fine!

In summary, pick from either Knight Magus or Arch Magus. One is for beating the poo poo out of things with magical weapons, the other is for beating the poo poo out of things with magical magic. Or so I assume.

Cast your votes now! Voting Ends Whenever, I Don't Know, Get Off My drat Lawn

Chokes McGee fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Sep 27, 2016

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I don't know what's actually good or not, but having more horribly powerful magical powers sounds fantastic and in-character for our dark hero. Arch-Magus it is!

(Is Vlad coming back? He's my favorite character and I'm concerned about what the puppet may do to him. :ohdear: )

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Mages are boring. Know what's less boring? Mage with a sword. Knight Magus

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Is it kosher to inform what each upgrade does?

e: Either way I'm voting Knight Magus.

Genocyber fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Sep 27, 2016

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

The Sorcerer sure seems like the type who likes to swing his sword around. Knight-Magus.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

We seem to be doing well by having overpowered swords around, so I'm voting Knight Magus.

Gilgamesh255
Aug 15, 2015
On one hand, going the path of the Knight will probably make you less squishy, and allow you access to some sword skills. On the other, UNLIMITED POWWAAAAAHHHHH! ....But probably being squishy in the process.

...Hell with it, Arch Magus. It's not like Frank won't tank for you. But, uh, in case we somehow get into a tie, Knight Magus.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
So the Knight Magus probably uses swords. You know who else uses swords? Vlad.

You know what would really suck for Vlad? His boss jacking his awesome sword, the one thing that's gone right for him since he got here.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I went Arch Magus. It was ok, I guess. Don't really care either way.

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school
I'm going to go for Arch Magus here, on the grounds that the Sorcerer probably thinks he's already got all the swords he needs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Arch Magus

He needs all the magical power. All of it.

• Locked thread