Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

New episode is a lot of talking but I'm fine with that. Also found out some new codes and general info. It's good but boy did they save a lot of budget.

I guess the rule being "Nobody is allowed to leave this building" would be enough to make Ruruka be the traitor huh. She killed the recruiter and unless they literally get the bracelet off her she isn't going to live to the end. Boy I'm hoping she doesn't live.

Also RIP Togami?? The ending was super unclear as usual and I wonder if he could of got out in time.

I'm sure there's a loophole somewhere.

Also they're really making some restriction codes tougher than others. I mean no running or getting hit is one thing, but no witnessing violence, or opening a part of your body, etc. is really limiting on what one person can do.

Incidentally, do NG codes no longer display once the person is dead? If not, Kirigiri would know Gozu's code.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
They should, given what happened with Bandai.

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006
I want a mod for XCOM where you play a branch of the future foundation.
As you fail each and every mission, the despair gauge fills up as more and more countries abandon their support of the organization.
This culminates in the final mission where your base gets locked down and the surviving members of your branch are forced to kill each other.
It's actually impossible to reach any sort of victory screen.

Peakay
Jun 29, 2013

Stealthy Simian of Trickery

Munakata going all metal gear.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I feel like Munakata is some elaborate joke on Kodaka's part, and that's really the only way his character works.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

lotus circle posted:

So is there a reason Funimation has twice now goofed on releasing the Future Arc episode of the week on time?

They say they're getting the episodes late so maybe the studio is just barely getting them out the door in time for tv

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Man, everyone was suspicious but Kizakura was just being a bro this whole time.

:smith:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

lotus circle posted:

I feel like Munakata is some elaborate joke on Kodaka's part, and that's really the only way his character works.

I mean, he literally pulled out a High Frequency katana from Metal Gear Rising and fought a cyborg ninja in this episode.

I would be amazed if Kodaka is actually taking this character 100% seriously, because it's just too hilarious at this point.

COBRARocky
Jul 28, 2013

lotus circle posted:

Hes basically Naegi if he did everything wrong after Sayaka died.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yu Narukami sucks and I don't know how they haven't murdered him just to get rid of him, considering so many others have died for no huge reason.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Actually punished Yu "Raiden" Narukami is loving awesome

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Kirigiri did a thing I guess, whatever, she still sucks

I'm glad Ruruka is finally going to die, though I would have preferred it wasn't at the expense of Kizakura's death

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I mean, he literally pulled out a High Frequency katana from Metal Gear Rising and fought a cyborg ninja in this episode.

I would be amazed if Kodaka is actually taking this character 100% seriously, because it's just too hilarious at this point.

Well it fits in with V3 being Metal Gear Rising: Ahoge like I said earlier*.

*yes i know it's a different universe but still

Between my Naegi fanboyism and things going total batshit I'm unironically enjoying Future arc, fight me :toot:

EDIT: I just noticed the fish in that teaser art and now I cannot look away. What is that fish's deal.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Something I just noticed, in the intro Kizakura and P.E Teacher are attacking the school. You can tell this scene takes place during Dangan Ronpa 1 as in the game the students can hear gunfire outside and they assume someones trying to save them. S'why he mentions Kyoko at the end of the scene.

Dudes been trying really hard for awhile to keep her safe.

Edit:

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I saw the new episode and it's very rude

E: Friend noticed some blood on the blacksmith's eye meaning he broke his rule and died that way, wonder why he was stabbed then.

If it's "don't eat sweets made for you" thing as I saw people guessing, maybe he attacked Seiko and killed her, saw the candy she dropped "eh why not" and popped it in because there's no way she'd have candy from his gal pal.

E2: Looking back at it myself, the knife is missing from Seiko, so it's the same weapon.

I was pretty close!!

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Aug 30, 2016

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Has it ever been established who was firing at Hagakure outside the building the whole time?

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

So a friend and I were talking and he came up with a pretty interesting theory that the NG Codes all had to do with individual Remnants of Despair. It's got a few holes in it for sure, but I figured I'd link the post he wrote up on it. The Nagito/Koichi connection at least is fascinating.

It's also worth noting that Kuzuryuu and Munakata both lost the same eye, which is the opposite eye to the one that is affected by the poison in the bracelets. Just some food for thought.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Automated helicopter, from all indication.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Kirigiri did a thing I guess, whatever, she still sucks

I'm glad Ruruka is finally going to die, though I would have preferred it wasn't at the expense of Kizakura's death

Ruruka is the only female character left that isn't from DR1 so I think she will survive just based on that(unless the 16th person is a new female character).

Also I bet the FF building going down means the secret exit got blocked so they can't leave now.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

I figured Togami was heading straight for a trap, but I didn't figure that the game was actually taking place roughly where Togami was heading. I thought it was going to be somewhere else entirely.

Also, time to bet. Will Togami actually bite the dust because Kodaka is finally going to subvert a fakeout to gently caress with us, or is Togami going to be fine because Kodaka is just going to keep doing fakeouts? My money'd be on the former. Just a gut feeling.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Has it ever been established who was firing at Hagakure outside the building the whole time?

It was controlled by every viewer's most intense desire.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
My most intense desire is for Hagakure to save the dsy

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
He can do that by getting shot by a helicopter. Probably.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

So just after we find out that Kizakura was only hanging around to protect Kyoko in place of her father, we lose him. 9 characters left, so lets go through the list of potential traitors:

Makoto: Yeah, right.

Hina: Same.

Kyoko: Also unlikely.

Evil Yu Narukami: Currently turning into Jack the Ripper. Due to his extreme views, unlikely to be the killer.

Ruruka: Is a murderer, who can't allow anyone even her own allies to leave.

Ryota: Has a connection to Junko in the past, and Tengan was surprised he was there.

Gekkogahara: Unlikely to be the traitor, as Monaca says that she had nothing to do with the killing game.

Juzo: Unfortunately, due to his assumption that Izayoi was the victim of the third sleeping period, and a brief flashback suggesting a fight against Junko, is now unlikely to be the killer. poo poo.

Hiro: Unlikely to be the killer, due to him not being present, unless he was going in and out of the entrance. It's unlikely that he would be smart enough to find a way in though.

Secret extra person: Hiro may not be counted, meaning that there could be someone else present. If so, they are either the killer or working with them.

Someone dead: Also unlikely, as Kyoko checked all of the bodies, and confirmed the deaths of 5 of them, and the other 2 were killed by Munakata and falling/opening their left fist.

So that leaves: Ruruka, Ryota, and a potential 16th person. My bet is on Ryota.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

yo that scene in despair 7 is still really horrifying, especially because you catch new details about it every time you watch it!

Try it out.

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons... for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

BlazeEmblem posted:

So just after we find out that Kizakura was only hanging around to protect Kyoko in place of her father, we lose him. 9 characters left, so lets go through the list of potential traitors:

Makoto: Yeah, right.

Hina: Same.

Kyoko: Also unlikely.

Evil Yu Narukami: Currently turning into Jack the Ripper. Due to his extreme views, unlikely to be the killer.

Ruruka: Is a murderer, who can't allow anyone even her own allies to leave.

Ryota: Has a connection to Junko in the past, and Tengan was surprised he was there.

Gekkogahara: Unlikely to be the traitor, as Monaca says that she had nothing to do with the killing game.

Juzo: Unfortunately, due to his assumption that Izayoi was the victim of the third sleeping period, and a brief flashback suggesting a fight against Junko, is now unlikely to be the killer. poo poo.

Hiro: Unlikely to be the killer, due to him not being present, unless he was going in and out of the entrance. It's unlikely that he would be smart enough to find a way in though.

Secret extra person: Hiro may not be counted, meaning that there could be someone else present. If so, they are either the killer or working with them.

Someone dead: Also unlikely, as Kyoko checked all of the bodies, and confirmed the deaths of 5 of them, and the other 2 were killed by Munakata and falling/opening their left fist.

So that leaves: Ruruka, Ryota, and a potential 16th person. My bet is on Ryota.

There is the small possibility that Monaca was lying about not being the mastermind, and we're being tricked into thinking she's just a red herring.

There's also the possibility that Chisa is the mastermind, and that her corpse is actually a fake disguised as her. We still don't know what Tengan told Munakata about the attacker, but it must have been a real shock to him given how badly he's flipped out. If the traitor is Chisa or Juzo, then having one of his closest allies betray him might have gotten that reaction from him.

But my suspicions are on Ryota at the moment, since there's obviously something shady about him. He's part of Class 77, and the Despair arc has shown that he had contact with Junko and may have been involved in the tragedy in some way. He'd be the perfect candidate for the mastermind - but is he another red herring? The Despair arc is really making him look suspicious, but there aren't many other plausible candidates for the mastermind left, unless Chiaki ended up falling to despair, or Nagito woke up due to his luck.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I can;t believe I never thought about it before this thread, but I am totally in the "Komaeda is the mastermind, because he woke up" camp

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

It's also kind of a bummer "It's Ryota's anime" is probably the answer, since that fits with the creators saying DR3 only works "as an anime" or something like that

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

voltcatfish posted:

It's also kind of a bummer "It's Ryota's anime" is probably the answer, since that fits with the creators saying DR3 only works "as an anime" or something like that

No I don't want this to be true jfc

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I'm expecting Ryouta to either be the mastermind using anime in some way or for his talent to be utilized in an important way following his death.

That being said, if they pull a last minute twist and his anime is only important in Despair while having nothing to do with Future, I'd be pretty surprised.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
I actually think Ryota is not evil at all and they are using the Despair episodes to make us think he's suspicious.

I actually think there will be a moment in Future side where Ryota is the only suspect to be traitor but in the next Despair episode he will rebel against Junko and makes us all confused.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I find it kind of amazing that Junko is managing to have a semi-healthy, almost normal relationship with someone at the moment without any murder involved whatsoever.

So naturally, she's probably going to brainwash his classmates with despair anime and then tell him how it's all his fault and then literally drink his tears.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Ruruka is garbage. Stop killing everyone I like, you're not even as cute as Junko.

Juzo is underrated because he only killed one dude and that was by accident. Still a good boy.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

littleorv posted:

Why do you think all the blood just so happens to be red in Future Arc but nowhere else in the entire series? :smugdog:

Rith
Oct 10, 2012

YOU'VE GOT THAT WRONG!

Mindblast posted:

Why do you think all the blood just so happens to be red in Future Arc but nowhere else in the entire series? :smugdog:

Oh, dear. I'm not a fan of the 'it was Mitarai's anime all along!' idea, but it would be sort of amazing if Mitarai had to make the blood red to get past the censors, because realistic pink blood would be too graphic.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
why would mitarai make an anime about naegi, unless the events of dr1 were also an anime he made?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Because Naegi is hope.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Rith posted:

Oh, dear. I'm not a fan of the 'it was Mitarai's anime all along!' idea, but it would be sort of amazing if Mitarai had to make the blood red to get past the censors, because realistic pink blood would be too graphic.

Yep!

Would anyone happen to know what restrictions exist for cinema in japan?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Rith posted:

What if it's actually a live action show with censored blood.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

littleorv posted:

it's the new JUNKOS, in that it's probably right but people are so insufferably smug/insistent on it that it becomes just the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Bandai is evil, calling it now.

• Locked thread