Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ometeotl posted:

Yeah, Stealth Rock needed a damage buff

Stealth Rocks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
I want to know how the bottle caps and Hyper training will work so very badly. What I'm wondering as well is if I don't take these Battle Points off of the bank what are the chances that I will be able to import them into Sun and Moon.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

is there anybody in particular that I should use an ability capsule on. what poke has the greatest differential in ability quality

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

is there anybody in particular that I should use an ability capsule on. what poke has the greatest differential in ability quality

A shiny with the wrong ability.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

The Zombie Guy posted:

Been driving myself nuts trying to catch Azelf in Omega Ruby. I keep getting the little bastard down to 1HP and making him fall asleep, but he still breaks out of scores of Ultra Balls. Is it worth using my Master Ball on him, or is there a harder to catch target I should save it for?

use your master ball on whatever you want. you can catch anything with any ball, you're just getting unlucky

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

use it on a pokemon that you wish had gotten the other ability it can get

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

QuasiQuack posted:

Is there some cool teambuilding helper that will tell me about meta strategies I have no answer for? I'm so bad at this :ohdear:

Hello

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Not sure if we've had this discussion already, but what are everyone's least favorite pokemon?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

they even have good sprites, too

also a bonus of koblin and its two evolutions, koberus and kobalt, which it evolves into if it hits the certain level while either outside or inside respectively

(typings are dark, dark/fire, and dark/steel)

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Not sure if we've had this discussion already, but what are everyone's least favorite pokemon?

Stunfisk.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Tangela. Like what even is the point of it? What is it? Easily the most forgettable Pokemon in gen 1, like it's a gen 2 quality design. Catch it, box it, forget about it until Tangrowth comes along a decade later and becomes good a few years after that.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

also i think i was the person who said that we live in the worst possible universe because pokemon sage is in development hell and pokemon uranium is one of very few fangames that are 100% complete. seriously, the sage pokedex is so good

e: although it looks like a thread for it is put up on 4chan's poke board every sunday and a new one was posted just yesterday with a progress update. they plan to just finish everything instead of releasing more demos inbetween

Johnny Joestar fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Aug 30, 2016

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Your favorites

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Dexie posted:

Stunfisk.

I disagree because it's supposed to be ugly and weird. Personally I take the intent into account when judging designs, although binacle/barbacle is one of the few purposefully ugly designs that crosses the line for me.

Johnny Joestar posted:

they even have good sprites, too

also a bonus of koblin and its two evolutions, koberus and kobalt, which it evolves into if it hits the certain level while either outside or inside respectively

(typings are dark, dark/fire, and dark/steel)

So the fire is outside and the steel is inside?

Abundant Atrophy posted:

Your favorites

:negative:

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

I can usually find at least some good or accept the design of most Pokemon, but Smeargle is just SO ugly to me. How are the contours such an unholy combination of round and straight? Why is it's tail painting the worst shade of green on the entire visible color spectrum? Why, out of a game that has a trash bag and an ice cream cone, do I think that a beagle with a French hat is the dumbest concept. :iiam:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Legendaries suck.

If you count megas this changes a lot though.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

So the fire is outside and the steel is inside?

yeah

http://capx.wikia.com/wiki/Koblin
http://capx.wikia.com/wiki/Koberus
http://capx.wikia.com/wiki/Kobalt

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Wow, I can't believe it's already time for a new thread! Time certainly flies!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

pikachu, raichu, plusle, minun, pachirisu, emolga, dedenne... rodents basically

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

The White Dragon posted:

pikachu, raichu, plusle, minun, pachirisu, emolga, dedenne... rodents basically

You're not the same person that did the FFIX LP. Freya was a rodent!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

phione doesn't deserve to exist

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

none of them

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

posting my favorite pokemon

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

Internet Kraken posted:

Legendaries suck.

If you count megas this changes a lot though.

Shaymin is literally the cutest pokemon what the duck

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

QuasiQuack posted:

Shaymin is literally the cutest pokemon what the duck

It turns into a stupid sky dog thing that is awful though.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Pikachu, Ludicolo, and almost anything based on a monkey.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
How the gently caress is Ludicolo not on everybody's favorite list?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

How the gently caress is Ludicolo not on everybody's favorite list?

it's on mine

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

quote:

Despite lacking thumbs, its dexterity is superior to humans'. Wild Howlequin often taunt trainers by juggling the balls that were too weak to catch it.

haha this is great

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Alola raichu

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I got wonder traded a shiny Darkrai which just by being shiny means it's hacked, I guess?

If people want to throw hacked Pokemon on wonder trade they could at least make them be breedable stuff with perfect IVs and natures instead of this impossible legendary garbage

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Gotta love the Sage designs, and not only when it comes to Pokemon. I really like the designs for Team Aurum grunts:

And also they decided that the Evil Team Plot is not "blow up world" but "get rich by finding a city made of Gold", which requires help of a Legendary Pokemon Trio, which won't help them. So they decide to lure them by making enviromental damage by polluting seas, chopping down forests etc. So you're basically an enviromentalist in Sage :v:

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010

Kelp Plankton posted:

I got wonder traded a shiny Darkrai which just by being shiny means it's hacked, I guess?

If people want to throw hacked Pokemon on wonder trade they could at least make them be breedable stuff with perfect IVs and natures instead of this impossible legendary garbage

Seems just a bit ungrateful, you're not the one who hacked it so as far as you're concerned it's just a regular Darkrai.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I don't understand why people get upset when they get something they think might have been hacked

who cares, how does it affect you at all

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

i cant use it for anything, because its not legal for anything

i dont want to use super boosted hacked pokemon to battle my friends who dont even breed for ivs, what else am i supposed to do with it

it is useless

it is garbage

i dont mind hacked pokemon if they pretend to be legit

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
you got a darkrai for your pokedex. smh kids these days

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.