Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Ban DRS, ban Red Bull, ban the English press.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Alain Post posted:

Because it wouldn't do poo poo for the racing

I'm 90% sure Max Verstappen wouldn't be able to operate one.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

literally a million hours in MSpaint

Nice.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Colors are totally off, still not identifiable as a redbull hat

chyaroh
Aug 8, 2007

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Ban anything but H pattern transmissions.

I post this monthly. Why is that a step backwards and banning ABS and Ground effect is not?

Can we go back to using a mallet to get the wheel nuts off as well?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Feel free to have a go dude. The colors need to be fixed but I don't think you're going to portray the hat thing any better than that without altering the shape of the frog itself.

Human Grand Prix posted:

I'm 90% sure Max Verstappen wouldn't be able to operate one.

I'm 90% sure most of the field wouldn't finish a race if they had to drive them today. Trying to shift without synchros is no picnic.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

MattD1zzl3 posted:

I'd be willing to chip in to make : vercrappen: a thing, but i feel like it needs something else that says "This is a f1 emote".

The frog needs to shimmy from side to side blocking Kimi who is in the background.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
It would be hilarious to see 8-speed manuals.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

That'd be worth it for all the apologetic "I accidentally threw it into 2nd" radio messages with cars parked at the end of the straight.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
This race was good, probably my favourite of the year so far. Did they find out exactly why Kmag's head protection flew off yet?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

El Hefe posted:

Ban DRS, ban Red Bull, ban the English press.

This but also ban high downforce before this

Human Grand Prix posted:

This race was good, probably my favourite of the year so far. Did they find out exactly why Kmag's head protection flew off yet?

Idk but I clenched up a bit watching it. Not keen to see anyone else get hurt.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Whenever the commentators say his name, the first thing I hear is "Felipe Massa", then I remember Felipe Nasr exists

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Human Grand Prix posted:

I think when you smack a wall at 150 mph (or around thereabouts), something is going to get dislodged.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

The resemblance is uncanny

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Human Grand Prix posted:

Some commentator said that due to him going in backwards like that at that speed and the collapse of the "driver safety cell" (or whatever they call the cockpit) as it should've, that dislodged it but not that there was a failure per se. Doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.
Max is an exciting driver. I thought all the whining poo-babies who want a safe, incident free, dull sport lived over at reddit. Apparently not. All the best drivers are dickheads on the track and all the worst fans are those who dislike the dickheads

Samiz
Sep 10, 2013
Verstappen's problem is that he's driven the same way since carting. His daring inside overtaking worked well as well as looked awesome back in Formula 3 but in Formula 1 it's more of a ticket to disaster than anything.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
Dont worry, the first time Max makes a dangerous move on Lewis there will be a lot of bleating by the British media and Max will get a talking too.

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

AgentJotun posted:

Dont worry, the first time Max makes a dangerous move on Lewis there will be a lot of bleating by the British media and Max will get a talking too.

He's just shrug that off and beat everybody. Careful drivers just stay home, this is the new way of doing things.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

sticksy posted:

Some commentator said that due to him going in backwards like that at that speed and the collapse of the "driver safety cell" (or whatever they call the cockpit) as it should've, that dislodged it but not that there was a failure per se. Doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

Related: Tire barriers are better than a plain old steel or concrete wall, but seriously, if they're that close to the track (and not behind a non-paved runoff area), they should consider moving to SAFER.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

This is better, but you forgot the transparent background:

It kinda loses the definition around the hat though, so i've extended the blue outline:

e: gently caress it, got nothing better to do today:

Skarsnik fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Aug 30, 2016

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Yeah that hat is better. Needs the wide pink lips though.

Notre Jacques says Max is a fraud too
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/villeneuve-verstappen-getting-protection-from-fia-811480/

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Sir Jacques is an all round good guy and I 100% agree with what he has to say.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Skarsnik posted:

e: gently caress it, got nothing better to do today:

Someone buy it. This is the emoticon the worst thread deserves.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Stupid lips version, not sure which I prefer

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Wow it is like I am looking at a picture of him

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
make the frog extra skinny so it fits under the lid

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

Human Grand Prix posted:

One explanation I heard was that the monocoque twisted and popped it off.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Skarsnik posted:

I like this one.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Skarsnik posted:

This one

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Perfect, a checkered flag background might have worked, as well. Is there already a dutch emote?

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

There is :geert:

Bit more definition on the tear:

Tried a checkered flag and it got kind of messy with the outline of his face being lost in the white

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
A true community effort, that one.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

That final one has a piece from every submission in it, go team

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.
While I may be a staunch supporter of Onze Max, I am also a staunch supporter of that crying frog abomination gif. Bravo nerds, that is a work of art.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I'm laughing just thinking of somebody seeing that on the emoticon page and wandering what the gently caress the story is.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

I'm laughing just thinking of somebody seeing that on the emoticon page and wandering what the gently caress the story is.

But what's the text gonna say when you mouse over it on the emoticon page?

I'm down to buy this POS for The Worst Thread. I got y'all.

edit: are we going with 1 or 2? I think 1 is way more accurate.

GramCracker fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Aug 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I prefer 1 but I'm slightly biased having done those lips.

Totally forgot about the scroll over text. Going to have to have a think about that but the first thing that comes to mind is "Wait till I tell my dad on you."

• Locked thread