Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Scudworth posted:

Can't wait for this to cause the tumblr fan art set to implode against itself with drama like it did with Night Vale for the same reason.
Can't loving wait.

"But but... my headcanon!! :qq: "

What the gently caress are you talking about, it's a background reference to the name of the podcast. It's not like the party is going to appear in the episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veshpo
May 23, 2016

Veshpo posted:

Emotion Side B is a bit disappointing overall, but "Higher" is flames

Upon further listening, Emotion Side B is not disappointing at all, it is every bit as fantastic as last year's album.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Waffleman_ posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about, it's a background reference to the name of the podcast. It's not like the party is going to appear in the episode.

That wasn't about the Steven Universe background.
I was talking about TAZ becoming a popular subject for fan art, which often becomes Serious Business (to hilarious effect) for a lot of people.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

TAZ has been a popular fan art subject for literally two years now, it's not like it's a new development.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
I'm anxious about what happens if someone retweets a piece of fan art that doesn't support someone else's headcanon/ship/etc. People can get fixated on fantasy stories that present a "progressive" worldview, and can get irrationally upset when they're not progressive in the precise way they want.

Edit: The plots don't support the worst of it, I suppose, but still and all... people can be terrible.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

The Modern Leper posted:

I'm anxious about what happens if someone retweets a piece of fan art that doesn't support someone else's headcanon/ship/etc. People can get fixated on fantasy stories that present a "progressive" worldview, and can get irrationally upset when they're not progressive in the precise way they want.

Edit: The plots don't support the worst of it, I suppose, but still and all... people can be terrible.

^^ THIS is what I was talking about. The irrational anger being the comedy source.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't really think the Adventure Zone fandom is big enough for that to be an issue.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

The Modern Leper posted:

Nothing happens because the actual people in question generally like seeing multiple interpretations of characters instead of this imaginary hateful poo poo that y'all are assuming they do! Like I've been following the adventure zone tag on tumblr for a year or so now because I like the art people make for it and I've never once seen people be lovely about things like that -- hell, there's a charity fundraising campaign going on right now for a TAZ zine with a bunch of different people's takes on characters/events/scenes that looks really cool: http://theadventurezine.tumblr.com/

Turns out that just because people like scudworth are gleefully fantasizing about that sort of thing doesn't mean it's really happening

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

flatluigi posted:

Nothing happens because the actual people in question generally like seeing multiple interpretations of characters instead of this imaginary hateful poo poo that y'all are assuming they do! Like I've been following the adventure zone tag on tumblr for a year or so now because I like the art people make for it and I've never once seen people be lovely about things like that -- hell, there's a charity fundraising campaign going on right now for a TAZ zine with a bunch of different people's takes on characters/events/scenes that looks really cool: http://theadventurezine.tumblr.com/

Turns out that just because people like scudworth are gleefully fantasizing about that sort of thing doesn't mean it's really happening

I think you're reading a level of malice or disdain into scudworth's posts that I didn't pick up on.

That said, I hope their speculation doesn't become reality, and I'm pretty sure it won't. The TAZ fanart community is really cool from what I've seen. The NV fanart community always did seem a bit rabid even from the beginning.

Ariong fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Aug 30, 2016

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

Ariong posted:

I think you're reading a level of malice or disdain into scudworth's posts that I didn't pick up on.

That said, I hope their speculation doesn't become reality, and I'm pretty sure it won't. The TAZ fanart community is really cool from what I've seen. The NV fanart community always did seem a bit rabid even from the beginning.

How do you miss the disdain in "I can't wait for tumblr to be lovely about this", with the :qq: emote and everything

Edit: it's true that every fandom basically sucks but we can at least enjoy the period where it doesn't show

Tempo 119 fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Aug 30, 2016

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum
My malicious drama-boner has been greatly exaggerated.

This was an unfortunate derail. Enjoy this incredible and adorable MBMBAM artwork

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01HTSSDV3Fs

Lurks Morington
Aug 7, 2016

by Smythe
I am in no way making GBS threads on Griffin, but at what point do we expect to the Polygon series of him and some other dude breaking out a box of legos and laughing -so hard- at how wacky the shapes are

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

Scudworth posted:

My malicious drama-boner has been greatly exaggerated.

This was an unfortunate derail. Enjoy this incredible and adorable MBMBAM artwork

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01HTSSDV3Fs

Dang this owns

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Lurks Morington posted:

I am in no way making GBS threads on Griffin, but at what point do we expect to the Polygon series of him and some other dude breaking out a box of legos and laughing -so hard- at how wacky the shapes are

car boys is the platonic ideal of video game video content

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Lurks Morington posted:

The McElroy I'm Not Racist But...

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Lurks Morington posted:

What exactly are you even saying with this idiot jumble of words

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Seriously though, I would watch Brick Boys

Serf
May 5, 2011

When I was visiting my parents last weekend I was watching Car Boys on my laptop. My mom, who has not played a video game since Ms. Pac-Man and hasn't watched an internet video since Charlie Bit My Finger, stopped to watch and started cracking up. She told me that "those are the funniest boys I've ever heard" and now she is watching Car Boys on her own.

Car Boys rules.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
I enjoy YouTube and podcast-style content where it's real humans having a fun time. I also enjoy TV series and movies where there's a more polished style. Car Boys is good YouTube-ing.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Speaking of good youtube-ing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgChfrBsEaI

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

You really beefed it this time Will

Lurks Morington
Aug 7, 2016

by Smythe

Travis343 posted:

What exactly are you even saying with this idiot jumble of words

That while think the McElroys are funny, I'm not a huge fan of a lot of the Polygon stuff. It's probably just not for me, I don't watch lets plays or anything.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Lurks Morington posted:

That while think the McElroys are funny, I'm not a huge fan of a lot of the Polygon stuff. It's probably just not for me, I don't watch lets plays or anything.

that's really interesting

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Lurks Morington posted:

Man I don't know how to tell you this but you expressed this very poorly. Sorry about your use of language to express thoughts, it's not great

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Lurks Morington posted:

Can I ask you a question? Why don't you just go watch youtube videos of Roman Mars? Smart, erudite videos. Not like this video.

Lurks Morington
Aug 7, 2016

by Smythe

Travis343 posted:

Man I don't know how to tell you this but you expressed this very poorly. Sorry about your use of language to express thoughts, it's not great

Thanks for the notes, I'll try harder in the future. The joke as conceived was a light-hearted jab at what I perceived to be a disconnect between the seemingly mundane inanities of what Griffin and co are playing and the uproarious laughter that ensues. Legos, a block toy for autistic children, serving as a hyperbolic example.

Obviously I'm in the minority, but hey that's just more great content for you guys :)

Lurks Morington fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Aug 30, 2016

Serf
May 5, 2011

Lurks Morington posted:

Thanks for the notes, I'll try harder in the future. The joke as conceived was a light-hearted jab at what I perceived to be a disconnect between the seemingly mundane inanities of what Griffin and co are playing and the uproarious laughter that ensues. Legos, a block toy for autistic children, serving as a hyperbolic example.

:stare:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Lurks Morington posted:

Yeah I can see how somebody would not get down on car boys. The majority of the comedy is coming from the game itself, so if that's not your thing then it's going to fall flat.

Can we maybe agree to not jump down people's throats for saying they don't like a thing we like?

EDIT: Oh my god I thought people didn't like spore because it didn't deliver on its creators' promises, but it really just isn't a very good game, huh?

Ariong fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Aug 30, 2016

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

I think Busto 2.0 bought an account and is trying to put an end to Car Boys

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Lurks Morington posted:

Legos, a block toy for autistic children, serving as a hyperbolic example.

You should probably quit while you're ahead, buckaroo.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Ariong posted:

EDIT: Oh my god I thought people didn't like spore because it didn't deliver on its creators' promises, but it really just isn't a very good game, huh?

The last episode of MF made me go, "Hey, I almost want to mess around with Spore again." Then I saw it was still like forty loving dollars and said "gently caress no."

This new episode is making me feel pretty good about that decision!

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Lurks Morington posted:

Obviously I'm in the minority, but hey that's just more great content for you guys :)

There is nothing mundane in being able to make a 100% Bart Simpson in a MMORPG

Spraynard Kruger
May 8, 2007

https://twitter.com/100ftrobotgolf/status/770660241687982080

Look at those beautiful boys!

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Lurks Morington posted:

Thanks for the director's commentary, it really helps me understand the feature film that is your awful posting

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Hah, the video jame, what a frivolity of youth. A well-adjusted adult such as myself has no need of them.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Oh my god the return of the Bee Movies

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

And in embedded gif format for those too lazy to click through
https://twitter.com/deliciousbees/status/770691964551389184

Kojiro fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Aug 30, 2016

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Oh my god the return of the Bee Movies

"I'm being pursued by my past. In a very literal way."

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

That part was genuinely terrifying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

Relistening to the eleventh hour really reminds me just how loving good this show is. I'm going to miss our boiz when we move on to the next campaign. Griffin's really gotten good at this, too, I wonder if Travis is nervous at all about following it up. :v: Clint said he wanted to do a superhero-based campaign, too, and I can't even loving imagine what he'd be like in the driver's seat.