Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

NTT posted:

*lower enlisted admits to commander that he has been using a fake piss bottle to cheat the drug test and has been smoking weed for like 5 years, commander doesn't immediately seperate soldier and gives soldier second chance to stay in if he goes to rehabilitation courses*

*same lower enlisted soldier pisses hot again the next month, is stripped from the active deployment roster to rear det but still not separated*

lmao if that Cdr tries to separate anyone else for anything at all and they call IG. RIP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

seriously gently caress the army

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

and everyone that was ever in it

except mel brooks, he's cool

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
And Ice T.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

James Earl Jones deserves a pass too

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

why did he admit that

I told stories about this guy before (probably this one too), but I served with a dude who asked our platoon sergeant why a bunch of high school kids were in our armory during a drill weekend.

"They're taking the ACT," he was told.

"ACT? Man, I don't think I could pass no drug test."

This guy made PFC like four times, made SPC by accident, lost it a few weeks later for failing to be on time to formations during demob and for getting caught wearing poo poo he hadn't earned (jump wings, combat patches for units he'd never even seen, etc.). Bragged about his tax-free reenlistment bonus.

Then deserted and had to pay it all back.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

ASAPI posted:

Pretty sure that is how baby CSMs are born. That and unicorn tears.

CSMs:officers :: cav:infantry

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life
Apparently somebody higher up in the food chain decided we should no longer use our armories on drill weekend. The rear det has a FOB out back to simulate being "down-range" and can no longer leave or drink until after final formation.

They have toilets and working on adding showers. At least the landing pad is up so brigade doesn't have to drive an hour anymore.

My time is up right after this deployment and everybody keeps wondering why I'm not signing back to do mini-AT every month.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Wow it must be really tough to put up with that two days a month. Do they expect you to shave and salute and be in shape too?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Fudge posted:

Wow it must be really tough to put up with that two days a month. Do they expect you to shave and salute and be in shape too?

Yeah it's rough to take a break from all this being treated like an adult in the real world the other 28 days.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Fudge posted:

I thought I put you on ignore t:mad:

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Our "FOB" "fence" got blown over by the wind Saturday night.

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

NTT posted:

hes a retard who recently joined a fundamentalist church and now unironically believes the rapture is a mere 5 years away

he pissed hot on purpose to get out of deploying so that he could stay here in the states and 'recieve face to face bible teaching' from his pastor.

he will look for people to disagree with so he can tell them 'you can believe what you want, but what i'm telling you is still the truth :smug: '

hes also a womanizer and makes jokes like 'did your girlfriend ask you for permission to do that?' and be serious about it

Remember when it was a thing that you couldn't be gay? They should do the same thing with drugs. Trying to get out by doing drugs? gently caress no we're legalizing everything!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Jaguars! posted:

better do a good job at stand-to at 4:30 am to make sure you're not all gonna die

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

But that would disturb driver fatigue management!

I'm real glad that no fulltimers were around to think of that

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Jaguars! posted:

Happened to a buddy of mine except "fence" was Constantina wire and the "wind" was rotor wash and the "FOB" was some poor loving kid in the wrong place at the wrong time. All because someone couldn't read a map in the dark and marked LZ too close to fortification.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Nice. was that on ops or exercise? I've only ever handled the blunt training stuff and I'd be quite happy to never have to touch the real stuff.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Exercise. Dude had to get medevac with people still clipping poo poo off.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
gently caress people that just leave that poo poo in the middle of the woods though. The woods on Benning are full of old rusty concertina wire that just looks like normal vines until you're right on top of it.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Mustang posted:

gently caress people that just leave that poo poo in the middle of the woods though. The woods on Benning are full of old rusty concertina wire that just looks like normal vines until you're right on top of it.

If you could get a bunch of enlisted to be voluntold to clean that up it'd make a great bulletpoint.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
C-wire has tangled up far more friendlies than civilians and/or enemy combatants over the past decade and a half.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
y'all haven't lived till you pounded out 3km of triple strand in below freezing weather in Korea then had to take it down when the exercise was over

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Mustang posted:

Or it rusts into a shade of brown that makes it completely invisible.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Vasudus posted:

y'all haven't lived till you pounded out 3km of triple strand in below freezing weather in Korea then had to take it down when the exercise was over

eat poo poo picket pounder, i'll be napping in my ambulance. wake me when you need a motrin.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
the best was when the ground was so frozen you couldn't even get a picket in after using a pick axe to prime the spot

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

spacetoaster posted:

Or it rusts into a shade of brown that makes it completely invisible.

Covered the Fort Hood airborne jump. Going out to talk to the Brigade Commander, ended up snagging myself on some rusty c-wire. Walked it off.

Currently have a scar from where the wire dug out a chunk from my calf, and ruined a pair of uniform trousers.

I wasn't drinking enough water, apparently.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Naked Bear posted:

C-wire has tangled up far more friendlies than civilians and/or enemy combatants over the past decade and a half.

Concertina wire is a device for converting kinetic energy into swearing energy.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I do like HESCO barriers though. Whoever thought of that is rolling in money.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

spacetoaster posted:

I do like HESCO barriers though. Whoever thought of that is rolling in money.

yeah those were rad. toss em in and fill them up.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Midjack posted:

The Army is a device for converting kinetic energy into swearing energy.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

We did a blank fire prepared defense scenario using real human bean opfor and they gave us real c-wire to use to make our defenses. Needless to say opfor got injured because they attacked at night and they didn't let opfor have NODs so they ran into a bunch of c-wire anyways that's my c-wire story. They might as well have given us real claymores with how far up their rear end they were about "realism", fuckers only have 30 rounds of blanks per person then yelled at people saying "bang bang" when they ran out.

aaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAARMY training!

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Justin Tyme posted:

We did a blank fire prepared defense scenario using real human bean opfor and they gave us real c-wire to use to make our defenses. Needless to say opfor got injured because they attacked at night and they didn't let opfor have NODs so they ran into a bunch of c-wire anyways that's my c-wire story. They might as well have given us real claymores with how far up their rear end they were about "realism", fuckers only have 30 rounds of blanks per person then yelled at people saying "bang bang" when they ran out.

Same but in basic.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Justin Tyme posted:

Same, but Iraq.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Im planning on surrounding my house with c-wire take that government you can't get to me now.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Smugwire

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

MurderBot posted:

Im planning on surrounding my house with c-wire take that government you can't get to me now.
Just get rid of any walkways and driveways and put out a sign that says "do not walk on the grass."

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

I don't have a c-wire story but I do have a barb wire story!
We had a company night attack, Opfor decided to string up barb wire neck high 15 meters from their positions. We had a guy bound up, hit the barb wire, and had his throat almost slit.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
That's why the British trucks had that pole in the front of the bumper. To prevent decap by wire (open trucks tho lmao)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iKon
Oct 4, 2000

CAN'T TEST
WON'T TEST

Vasudus posted:

the best was when the ground was so frozen you couldn't even get a picket in after using a pick axe to prime the spot

September was always the worst time to jump in Alaska because the ground was frozen but there wasn't any snow. We'd consistently get the worst injuries on those jumps. We still jumped every September because army

• Locked thread