Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HoboMan
Nov 4, 2010

Finster Dexter posted:

Oh poo poo I had this happen just the other day... I think the problem I had was that the package I was trying to re-add was actually taken down from nuget.org and I had to update to a new version.

i actually fixed it! i just opened my .csproj file and ripped out all the references and targets in it, then rebuilt the dependencies in the nuget manager

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
god drat it visual studio! how can a build fail with no errors?

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

cant overwrite the output files?

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
struct tm is the stupidest goddamn poo poo and so are the ansi c or posix or whatever the gently caress date/time apis

hmm yes let's count hours minutes and seconds from 0, days of month from 1

and months from 0, so August is month 7 :bravo:

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008

Finster Dexter posted:

Get ready for hilariously-timed outages and reboots.

is this an elasticsearch thing?

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
c datetime < java 1 datetime < c# datetime << java 8's java.time, the date and time library that was hand crafted by God and delivered to man on earth by a choir of angels

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Mr Dog posted:

I wonder what is more powerful

The p90

Or the new pc's embedded controller
there is a historical equivalence for these units located in this post, from which you should be able to extrapolate your query's result

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
nuget feels very plang-ish, just saying

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Symbolic Butt posted:

a guy at work clicked Update All and committed his csproj file

this kills the codebase

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003

Bloody posted:

cant overwrite the output files?

hasn't even written anything yet, im trying to get one of our example projects built

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008
you guys i made a mistake

i trusted the comments

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Arcsech posted:

is this an elasticsearch thing?

It has been for me, at least. poo poo's not stable. I mean, it's probably MySQL stable, so if you're ok with that, then it's probably fine. But if you aren't comfortable with es going down whenever it feels like or using up loads of resources for no reason, then maybe don't use it.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

HappyHippo posted:

hasn't even written anything yet, im trying to get one of our example projects built

If you copy paste the relevant part of logs, I might still remember stuff from MSBuild. (Even though I am trying to purge the 3 months I spent unfucking our build env from my memory :v:)

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008

Finster Dexter posted:

It has been for me, at least. poo poo's not stable. I mean, it's probably MySQL stable, so if you're ok with that, then it's probably fine. But if you aren't comfortable with es going down whenever it feels like or using up loads of resources for no reason, then maybe don't use it.

idk, we use it as part of an ~on prem~ product and it has a pretty light workload and its been pretty stable for us afaik, though i haven't had to touch it directly before

if you have a giganto cluster in the cloud it might be unstable but since we're on prem we get to kind of avoid a lot of those problems

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Arcsech posted:

idk, we use it as part of an ~on prem~ product and it has a pretty light workload and its been pretty stable for us afaik, though i haven't had to touch it directly before

if you have a giganto cluster in the cloud it might be unstable but since we're on prem we get to kind of avoid a lot of those problems

Maybe our IT guy is dumb and configured things wrong, I dunno. I've talked to a few other people that have had issues with it, too, but again, this could all be anecdotal.

Welp, gotta go, this dev code isn't gonna test itself on the prod servers.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003

Xarn posted:

If you copy paste the relevant part of logs, I might still remember stuff from MSBuild. (Even though I am trying to purge the 3 months I spent unfucking our build env from my memory :v:)

the logs are empty! lol

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

HappyHippo posted:

the logs are empty! lol

Huh, how do you run it? If you run msbuild from console, does it fo anything?

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

did you try restarting it

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
is it just me or are the XML "property list" files used by OSX/iOS/XCode the funniest format in the entire world

look at the sample in this :psyduck: https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/PropertyLists/UnderstandXMLPlist/UnderstandXMLPlist.html

i guess it was created to replace some legacy format without really replacing it but christ

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

ah, dependent on parsing in the correct order, nice

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

https://github.com/xoreaxeaxeax/movfuscator

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

This is super cool. I've read it a few times and I still don't get how loops work.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

is there a conventional name or operator for this function:

mapAndKeepOriginal f = map (\x -> (x, f x))

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
what about "graph of function f"

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

HappyHippo posted:

god drat it visual studio! how can a build fail with no errors?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TCX90yALsI

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003

Xarn posted:

Huh, how do you run it? If you run msbuild from console, does it fo anything?

i ran it from vs studio, the output window shows nothing other than that the build failed. running from the command line is my plan tomorrow.

Bloody posted:

did you try restarting it

yep. nothing.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Symbolic Butt posted:

yeah nuget sucks

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

abraham linksys posted:

is it just me or are the XML "property list" files used by OSX/iOS/XCode the funniest format in the entire world

look at the sample in this :psyduck: https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/PropertyLists/UnderstandXMLPlist/UnderstandXMLPlist.html

i guess it was created to replace some legacy format without really replacing it but christ

I wish they kept going with the ascii format, still lovingly in use as your friendly neighbourhood xcode project file format and also localizable strings file format!

at this point it's json with specified date and blob types. what's not to like

also it all gets saved as a binary format anyway when possible so the xml representation is kinda pointless

come to think of it, why even bother with the xml format?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

woo i can plot a point in 1bpp hi-res mode

probably a less slow way to do this though

HoboMan
Nov 4, 2010

pokeyman posted:

come to think of it, why even bother with the xml format?

:agreed:

it's so weird, on paper it seems like xml would be cool and json would be a nightmare but it's mostly the other way around in practice

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

xml for data interchange is immediately recognizable as terrible because it has no obvious convention for indicating collections of things, there is extreme bikeshedding on whether or not to put something in an attribute or element, and it is absurdly verbose

it's bad for both human and computer consumption as a data interchange format

its sole benefit is it was more flexible than inflexible bespoke raw binary formats that came before it

unfortunately an entire industry cargo culted it

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

wanna print out this video and put it on my wall

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
you mean like

<collection>
<item/>
<item/>
<item/>
</collection>

?

xml is pretty good and its most important feature is schemas

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax

comedyblissoption posted:

xml for data interchange is immediately recognizable as terrible because it has no obvious convention for indicating collections of things, there is extreme bikeshedding on whether or not to put something in an attribute or element, and it is absurdly verbose

its sole benefit is it was more flexible than inflexible bespoke raw binary formats that came before it

json for data interchange is immediately recognizable as terrible because it has no obvious convention for indicating schemas of things, there is extreme bikeshedding on whether or not to use numbers or strings of digits, and it has no comments

its sole benefit is it's a subset of javascript

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

json is bad too

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

JewKiller 3000 posted:

its sole benefit is it's a subset of javascript

I have bad news

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

JewKiller 3000 posted:

json for data interchange is immediately recognizable as terrible because ... there is extreme bikeshedding on whether or not to use numbers or strings of digits

are you serious is this really a thing

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
json doesn't have a concept of types. its very bad.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

:toot: i'm a genius (except drawing is super slow because i'm a bad programmer)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoboMan
Nov 4, 2010

rad

• Locked thread