Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Zelder posted:

no way trump could pull of a ddt, he's like 70 years old man

so is vincey tho

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Coolguye posted:

so is vincey tho

vince mchmahon is hardly what i'd call a mortal

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Oiled and Ready posted:

Trump is gonna bring back DDT but this regrettably means he has temporarily banned deets until we figure out what is going on

Zelder posted:

no way trump could pull of a ddt, he's like 70 years old man

lmao i thought you meant the pesticide at first and was really confused

J. P. Beagley
Apr 11, 2008

not rich person criticizes America: he's jealous of other people's success & wants to mooch off others' hard work
rich person criticizes America: what a hypocrite

Anyone know the current, inflation-adjusted annual income range that permits critique of America? Thanks

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

3 goons, 3 equally valid acronym interpretations

a tru story

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Zelder posted:

vince mchmahon is hardly what i'd call a mortal

Vince has an inherent +5 against politicians so Trump now stands no chance

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Karl Sharks posted:

lmao i thought you meant the pesticide at first and was really confused

mine was a pesticide ref, the other guy must be a wrasslin nerd

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

NO CHANCE IN HELL

EDIT: for gently caress's sake oiled and ready

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

i hope to be there some day

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Literally a Kelly cartoon.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

I understand absolutely none of the references made in this "cartoon".

Am I seriously the only one who has no idea what this is trying to imply or even who this donkey football mutant is?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Coolguye posted:

so is vincey tho

vince mcmahon is made of steroids and spite, donald trump is made of KFC and diet sprite

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

AngryBooch posted:

Here, have an article about Trump supporters in Louisiana and the uneasy truce between conservatives and poor whites, it's good.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/08/trump-white-blue-collar-supporters

And traditional conservatives are of course starting to treat poor whites the same way they have poor people of all colors if you remember the National Review's articles during the primaries:

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/432796/working-class-whites-have-moral-responsibilities-defense-kevin-williamson

As leery as I was of an article that cited Charles loving Murray and had sections engineered to get my head shaking like this

quote:

As we drove from the trailer park to her home, Sharon reflected on human ambition: "You can just see it in some guys' eyes; they're aiming higher. They don't want a handout." This was the central point of one of Sharon's favorite books, Barefoot to Billionaire, by oil magnate Jon Huntsman Sr. (whose son ran in the 2012 Republican presidential primary).

Wiki:

quote:

Jon Meade Huntsman was born in Blackfoot, Idaho. His mother, Sarah Kathleen (née Robison), was a homemaker, and his father, Alonzo Blaine Huntsman, was an educator.[4] In 1950 the family moved to Palo Alto, California, where Alonzo pursued graduate studies at Stanford University, earning an M.A. and Ed.D. He then became a superintendent of schools in the Los Altos, California district.

It is fascinating for bits like this

quote:

Or as one tea partier wrote to me: "We're so broke. Where does this food & welfare money come from? How can free stuff (including college, which my 4.2 student needs) even be on the table when the US owes $19,343,541,768,824.00 as of July 1? Is it just me or does it seem like the only thing ANYONE cares about is themselves and their immediate circumstances?"

An inversion of morality that I'm used to and pretty central to all the book religions generally.

And this

quote:

Liberal television pundits and bloggers took easy potshots at them, they felt, which hardened their defenses.

Also this

quote:

Meanwhile, this tea party mom of a Sanders-loving son was reluctantly gearing up to vote for Donald Trump.

And a generalized take on governmental assistance that I find completely alien.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/770670240850063365

Explains a lot.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

I understand absolutely none of the references made in this "cartoon".

Am I seriously the only one who has no idea what this is trying to imply or even who this donkey football mutant is?

I'm unclear on (and apathetic toward) the details, but apparently a football player recently implied that America might not be great or something. This is, of course, a national catastrophe because the NFL is basically the fourth branch of government.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Me military so good. Lady like good military. Strong. Lady like strong. Me so good.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

If anyone was wondering what Fat Reek was up to lately, well....

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/770700513335738368

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Shageletic posted:

god drat i hate chris christie

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Eonwe posted:

eh he'll probably end up in a jail cell at some point

Angrymantium
Jul 19, 2007
Resistant to everything

docbeard posted:

I'm unclear on (and apathetic toward) the details, but apparently a football player recently implied that America might not be great or something. This is, of course, a national catastrophe because the NFL is basically the fourth branch of government.

More like a state-religion. He's drawn like a donkey to represent democrats being the party that hates america and white people (because BLM is an anti-white hate group, see) and the sitting on millions of dollars is a visual metaphor for taking the money spent by hardworking americans and disrespecting them

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Eonwe posted:

not as much as sidewalks do lmao

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

eeeh a slow day, might as well go for a rerun

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

quote:

Christie, a close ally of Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump, said the wage bill passed by Democrats, who control both houses of state legislature, failed to consider the ability of businesses to absorb the increased labor costs.

:rolleyes:

close ally lol

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Yinlock posted:

:rolleyes:

close ally lol

well, yeah. it's not like trump would ever exert himself enough to escape christie's gravity well

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

quote:

Michele Siekerka, president of the New Jersey Business & Industry Association, praised Christie's veto, saying the increase was "too much too fast."

"Had this bill been signed, it would not only have hurt the New Jersey economy, but it would have hurt the exact workers the proponents of this policy are trying to help," she said in a statement.

hard hitting questions like "how" were not asked of that statement

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

i trust that christie would know a lot about absorption

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

MAGA Warlord posted:

not rich person criticizes America: he's jealous of other people's success & wants to mooch off others' hard work
rich person criticizes America: what a hypocrite

Anyone know the current, inflation-adjusted annual income range that permits critique of America? Thanks

for white people? zero-infinity dollars

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Igor was a close ally to Dr. Frankenstein.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Shageletic posted:

Surprised he even remembers that he's still governor tbh

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Stand proud poor New Jersians :patriot: your monetary sacrifice will one day make it slightly easier for Chris Christie to segue into a talking head for Fox Business.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
It is Literally Impossible to make ends meet on the current federal minimum wage even at 40 hours per week

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Eonwe posted:

please, his name is Hole now

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

chris christie

is bad

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

trump will give him department of transportation

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Al! posted:

It is Literally Impossible to make ends meet on the current federal minimum wage even at 40 hours per week

it would hurt workers and business

why? well you see

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Lots of people here

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Shageletic posted:

It seems to me that at this point, Christie gives no fucks about setting up a republican to replace him next year. I could understand him governing to the right of his state a few years ago when he had national ambitions, but now that Trump has poo poo all over them and reduced Christie to errand boy, you would think he would at least try to salvage the small bit of goodwill he might have in his home state.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Shageletic posted:

He vetoed it because he was afraid it would increase the price of fast food meals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Haha

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/770717127858806784

• Locked thread