Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harry J
Nov 8, 2004

LS-WHAT???!!!!????!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Stenhouse? Nah. It's Ricky Roundhouse now.

CBJSprague24 posted:

My fantasy lineup didn't save for this week, so I've got what I've got, apparently.

2-27-19-21

e- "Purchase yer tickets now for the Southern 500*!" -Dale Earnhardt, Jr.

*Dale Earnhardt, Jr. will not be appearing in this race.

I got to watch my fantasy bench crush my lineup the whole race. It wasn't as bad as it could have been but I gave away some points. Starters finished 3rd, 8th, 21st, 30th and bench finished 1st, 4th, 9th 17th.

E: and hell yeah on the Larsowns train!

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

Love the avatar, bigbillystyle. :)

It's still sinking in that Kyle Larson pulled that off. Next couple weeks are going to be even more interesting. Just hope that Buescher can hang on.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

bigbillystyle posted:

E: and hell yeah on the Larsowns train!

It's spreading like the flu.

Larsowns Syndrome.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

ugh

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Tony brutally murdered someone on camera

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

dont forget the next part

i laughed

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

every time anyone in nascar even remotely approaches a vaguely political thing i want to crawl in a hole

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I guess I don't understand why somebody brought that up in response to Smoke's Tweet unless they were really, really reaching to try and troll or look like an internet hero.

Deadspin caught wind of it now: http://deadspin.com/twitter-user-pu...dium=socialflow

e- I don't know why I feel like I've seen that guy in my feed before. He's either done that once before or is a goon. Or both.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Aug 30, 2016

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

I'm not a fan of Tony Stewart.

I'm going to defend him here though.

I just don't get what these people are expecting from the guy? He's from rural Indiana, he drives in NASCAR, what the gently caress were you expecting? I see my twitter feed fill up with people bitching about what he said.

I don't see why people should give a poo poo what he says on politics one way or the other. As long as he's not a white nationalist or some poo poo? I don't give a poo poo.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

It may shock you to find out that people post that on nearly every one of his tweets, especially when he posts dumb political poo poo. Welcome to the internet.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Apparently Betty Jane France died.

Cygni posted:

It may shock you to find out that people post that on nearly every one of his tweets, especially when he posts dumb political poo poo. Welcome to the internet.

And, as I said, I feel like I've seen that same guy do it himself. Those tweets must just never have caught Smoke's attention in the massive amount of alerts he gets until tonight. That or he'd never decided to throw the gloves over the internet over it.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Aug 30, 2016

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
On a lighter note

https://twitter.com/rickmast22/status/770445185100701696

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Tony has some brief stretches where he seems like a good guy until he opens his mouth, or throws helmets at track officials.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

L_Harrison posted:

Tony has some brief stretches where he seems like a good guy until he opens his mouth, or throws helmets at track officials.

then he's fuckin great

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I don't think anyone would've given a poo poo about Smoke's Tweet if not for an internet troll Tony made the tactical error of engaging, thus gaining the sequence of Tweets attention. Then, internet retards pile on to something they probably don't know anything about other than what they saw in the media and made an immediate judgment on. Troll gets a story on Deadspin and goes on his Twitter talking about how it's a commentary on the disparity of culture, how he shouldn't have poked fun at tragedy, and going "Well, I didn't SAY he did it..." like the cheeky douchebike he is.

In other words, TheInternet.txt.

It was toward the top of my feed. I saw it, went "Oh, that's cute", and scrolled on down. I could've cared less. :shrug:

e- I do find amusing all this is going on on a night when I have no cable and was going to watch that Stewart documentary NASCAR Films did in like 2003.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Aug 30, 2016

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

I hope in an effort to please everyone nascar stops having the national anthem performed at races.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
I mean he did technically kill a guy.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
He's killed once and he'll kill again.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
RIP Carl Haas coincidentally.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
everyone talks poo poo about Smoke, but no one ever brings up when Earnhardt killed that seagull on national TV

I mean murder is bad but a public display of animal torture? that's just evil

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

That wasn't even the best burn dropped in reply to that tweet.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

njsykora posted:

That wasn't even the best burn dropped in reply to that tweet.

I'm lazy and couldn't figure out how to embed tweets on SA.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

daslog posted:

I'm lazy and couldn't figure out how to embed tweets on SA.

Tweets are embed automatically when you post the link.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

FuzzySkinner posted:

I'm not a fan of Tony Stewart.

I'm going to defend him here though.

I just don't get what these people are expecting from the guy? He's from rural Indiana, he drives in NASCAR, what the gently caress were you expecting? I see my twitter feed fill up with people bitching about what he said.

I don't see why people should give a poo poo what he says on politics one way or the other. As long as he's not a white nationalist or some poo poo? I don't give a poo poo.

posting on the internet about your hot political takes isn't exactly what rural indiana is about

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

exploding mummy posted:

Tweets are embed automatically when you post the link.

It didn't embed when I did post preview. Weird

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

wicka posted:

posting on the internet about your hot political takes isn't exactly what rural indiana is about

lets be honest, yes it is

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
https://twitter.com/Moose_Bigelow/status/770432136360759300

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

lets be honest, yes it is

sure ain't

this guy spent like 15 minutes drafting this tweet for sure

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
guy from Indiana with likely multiple head injuries posts something stupid!

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

go3 posted:

guy from Indiana with likely multiple head injuries posts something stupid!

my post wasn't THAT bad ok

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Colin Kaepernick doesn't stand for the national anthem, but then again neither does Shane Hmiel or Bootie Barker.

I guess white privilege is a thing.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Stenhouse? Nah. It's Ricky Roundhouse now.

LASTCAR posted:

Love the avatar, bigbillystyle. :)

It's still sinking in that Kyle Larson pulled that off. Next couple weeks are going to be even more interesting. Just hope that Buescher can hang on.

Thanks. I figured it was time for a change since the last time I updated my avatar was when Biffle came out and had like a gangbuster season. I was just looking at his wiki and it looks like that might have been back in 2012 where he started off with 3 3rds, 13th, 6, 13th, and a win. That season he actually only had one stretch where he went 3 races without a top 10 and those 3 were a 13th, 18th and 16th. Not bad for the Biff. But it's time to move on.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

daslog posted:

It didn't embed when I did post preview. Weird

The processing is only done as part of the javascript executed on the thread page and not the preview pane.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

VikingSkull posted:

everyone talks poo poo about Smoke, but no one ever brings up when Earnhardt killed that seagull on national TV

I mean murder is bad but a public display of animal torture? that's just evil

Earnhardt killed a man on television and was never punished for it.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Possibly Chicken posted:

I hope in an effort to please everyone nascar stops having the national anthem performed at races.

One could hope. Since we're dreaming here, can we get rid of the praying too?

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Peanut President posted:

Earnhardt killed a man on television and was never punished for it.

Kinda rough to kick a man when he dies

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Elitist Bitch posted:

One could hope. Since we're dreaming here, can we get rid of the praying too?

I think the prayers are entertaining. Can't wait for the day they have an Iman lead the prayers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Ungratek posted:

Kinda rough to kick a man when he dies

Seeing DW talk about how much he loved OL NUMBER THREE for like 10 years afterward was punishment enough I guess.

• Locked thread