Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
It's nice that the two nations you picked to learn the game with are the two nations that are always banned. You should really join a random game as a random nation and learn be getting stomped and chatting on IRC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Try EA Vanheim with a n9 or w9 (or both!) bless.

Also you should check out the great spell at thaumaturgy level 5, Burden of Time, a very good spell for good players that will make everyone love you while working well with nations like Ermor.

Actually that kind of EA Vanheim was the first faction I tried out. I was winning until the AI cast Burden of Time...

quote:

It's nice that the two nations you picked to learn the game with are the two nations that are always banned. You should really join a random game as a random nation and learn be getting stomped and chatting on IRC.

That sounds like a fun idea, I tried out quite a lot of nations but MA Ermor is the only one I really got and I think thats because its insanely OP.

Communist Thoughts fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Aug 28, 2016

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
I think I've seen a couple of new or returning people post itt recently so if there are at least 4 of you I will start a tiny newbie game for you all. Please let me know if you exist and want to do this.

Jester Mcgee
Mar 28, 2010

A lot of things have happened to me over my life.

How are u posted:

I think I've seen a couple of new or returning people post itt recently so if there are at least 4 of you I will start a tiny newbie game for you all. Please let me know if you exist and want to do this.

I do exist and want this. I still have a total of 1 province (my cap) in the game I joined, which I think is bad news on turn 4.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Jester Mcgee posted:

I do exist and want this. I still have a total of 1 province (my cap) in the game I joined, which I think is bad news on turn 4.

I hereby guarantee the independence of the rump state of Marignon.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Jester Mcgee posted:

oof yeah, the indies are turned up a bit so if you didn't start with an awake pretender bad things are gonna happen (I didn't know this till turn 2)

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

nopantsjack posted:

The AI cast Burden of Time...
They actually did it the absolute madmen

Well done illwinter for helping the singleplayer experience become more like the MP experience.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

How are u posted:

gently caress it, I still exist, I still follow this thread and I have the time to play.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

If I can get Desura support to send me my drat password I'd be up for that. I made an account when Dom4 came out and impulse bought it then never logged in again and their forgotten password thing just doesn't work for me.

I refuse to buy this cool game twice.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
:siren: Announcing a Newbie Game for the great and fun game Dominions 4 :siren:

The game Newbie Land is now accepting sign-ups by newbies. If you have played in more than 3 games of Dominions 4 you cannot join this game. Completely vanilla Middle Age game, no mods in use whatsoever. Maximum 5 players, but I"ll launch it if it gets less than 5 and looks to stay that way.

Hey if you have friends who want to play this game (why??) this could be a time to get them to try multiplayer in a childproofed idiot environment.

e: oh yeah, no MA Ermor you jerks.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

How are u posted:

:siren: Announcing a Newbie Game for the great and fun game Dominions 4 :siren:

The game Newbie Land is now accepting sign-ups by newbies. If you have played in more than 3 games of Dominions 4 you cannot join this game. Completely vanilla Middle Age game, no mods in use whatsoever. Maximum 5 players, but I"ll launch it if it gets less than 5 and looks to stay that way.

Hey if you have friends who want to play this game (why??) this could be a time to get them to try multiplayer in a childproofed idiot environment.

e: oh yeah, no MA Ermor you jerks.

I gave in and bought this dumb game twice. Will sign up once my account is approved.

...At least if Desura ever ends up getting back to me with my old account I can give a copy to one of my friends and force them to play with me.

e: In as some undead brussel sprouts.

Communist Thoughts fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Aug 29, 2016

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

nopantsjack posted:

I gave in and bought this dumb game twice. Will sign up once my account is approved.

...At least if Desura ever ends up getting back to me with my old account I can give a copy to one of my friends and force them to play with me.

e: In as some undead brussel sprouts.

This is the signups thread if you don't already know: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3498140

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
My dastardly plan to bore you all to death continues:

Let's Play Dominions 4 Multiplayer Mo Money Mo Problems 2: Part 13

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
There are 2 slots left in the newbie game so if anybody knows of anyone who might want to join now would be a great time to let them know there's a beginner game.

Also I've set the server for Pretender uploads, so the 3 of you who have signed up should upload your gods.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Dom4 Multi LP Part 14

I'm still kind of behind on my uploads, so here's the next one already.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
Badthrones: if you border Nazca/Mu (guy who took a throne recently), this might interest you

His pretender is in province 116 and it has a limp. Happy hunting!

Mu.
Sep 15, 2003

The thing about Forevereal Modding Mu is that he loves editing files and wants others to download his permanent mods. Fully editing, rich text, altering files and loving it. Download his mods and enjoy it.

Enjoy posted:

Badthrones: if you border Nazca/Mu (guy who took a throne recently), this might interest you

His pretender is in province 116 and it has a limp. Happy hunting!

How can a wyrm have a limp? It doesn't have any legs. Just like this anti-wyrm propaganda. Please ban this bigot.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
Everyone should kill the one guy who knows how the thrones work, IMHO

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

A limp what?

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

mu your pretender needs the boner pill

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Sloppy Milkshake posted:

mu your pretender needs the boner pill

There's a throne for that now.

Mu.
Sep 15, 2003

The thing about Forevereal Modding Mu is that he loves editing files and wants others to download his permanent mods. Fully editing, rich text, altering files and loving it. Download his mods and enjoy it.

Enjoy posted:

Everyone should kill the one guy who knows how the thrones work, IMHO

I don't even know how Nazca works. And everyone can read thrones_spoilers.txt. This doesn't add up, Enjoy. Let's say what this is really about : you saw a guy with a wyrm and you just couldn't handle it. "Why didn't he just take an earth serpent? Who does this wyrm-picking gently caress think he is? Why aren't I as cool/handsome as him?" Well guess what, Enjoy? My wyrm is loud and proud and in your neighbourhood.

Kill this anti-wyrm bigot imo.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Please do not wyrmshame

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
single player problems :smith:

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
The game Newbie Land has started. Please put on your safety helmets and try not to get hurt, newbies.

e:

How are u fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Sep 1, 2016

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

How are u posted:

The game Newbie Land has started. Please put on your safety helmets and try not to get hurt, newbies.

e:

drat, no man's sky got owned!

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
If you're looking for a similar experience to NMS in Dominions 4, middle era nation 'Eriu' only has 3 types of unit and 2 commanders you would ever knowingly recruit, give them a shot!

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010

jBrereton posted:

If you're looking for a similar experience to NMS in Dominions 4, middle era nation 'Eriu' only has 3 types of unit and 2 commanders you would ever knowingly recruit, give them a shot!

I thought the NMS experience would be building a single scout in a singleplayer game with no AI, and sending that scout around to look at all the indy provinces?

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

The entire game would be 8 units with a trillion different pallette and sprite recombinations.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
basically nation gen

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Nuclearmonkee posted:

The entire game would be 8 units with a trillion different pallette and sprite recombinations.

Ah yes, Medieval Total War 2

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

jsoh posted:

basically nation gen

nationgen is actually fun, though. and free.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Johnny Joestar posted:

nationgen is actually fun, though. and free.

Also the units that can be generated are wildly varied not just purple and blue versions of each other.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Utterdark is better than Burden of Time imho

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

-Troika- posted:

Utterdark is better than Burden of Time imho

Bring it down to alt5 and then we'll talk.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Elves in my experience always either saved everyone from Ermor or just sat on the sidelines to gank whoever tried an anti-undead alliance.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

amuayse posted:

Elves in my experience always either saved everyone from Ermor or just sat on the sidelines to gank whoever tried an anti-undead alliance.

Be like Jon Joe and pick Vanheim then start next to MA Ermor (which you allowed into the game bc you were the host) then NAP them and lose to them.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

For those new to Dominions, never NAP with MA Ermor. EVER. If they're next to you, they need to die.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Lord Koth posted:

For those new to Dominions, never NAP with MA Ermor. EVER. If they're next to you, they need to die.

If they aren't next to you, they need to die, and you should negotiate for corridors to fight them if you are anywhere nearby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
Unless you are likely to get their capitol, in which case you should negotiate to block everyone else while you get the sole route to their cap and everyone else fights their armies in the middle of nowhere, therefore loving over everybody because you probably overestimate yourself.

• Locked thread