Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Surely they remembered to bring Senzu Beans to the future, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President

New Leaf posted:

Surely they remembered to bring Senzu Beans to the future, right?

Trunks may have brought some just in case and Goku got a few from Korin before they gave one to Trunks but I would love that Vegeta and Goku were so arrogant they thought they didn't need them.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

Trunks may have brought some just in case and Goku got a few from Korin before they gave one to Trunks but I would love that Vegeta and Goku were so arrogant they thought they didn't need them.

You may be right about Trunks, but if Bulma made Vegeta bring a care package of capsules for the human resistance, it seems reasonable that she'd make him bring some senzu beans, too.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I want to see the glorious return of Launch in Dragonball Super.

Who do you think leads the human resistance?

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
So when Pilaf doomed the future, the Dragon Balls didn't scatter, they look like they just fell into a pile of rocks in front of Gohan... All they would have had to do is hide for a year. I feel like that wouldn't have been impossible.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Piccolo ded in future

Dragon ball no worky.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mogomra posted:

So when Pilaf doomed the future, the Dragon Balls didn't scatter, they look like they just fell into a pile of rocks in front of Gohan... All they would have had to do is hide for a year. I feel like that wouldn't have been impossible.

The turned into a pile of rocks because Piccolo died.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Pureauthor posted:

Piccolo ded in future

Dragon ball no worky.

ImpAtom posted:

The turned into a pile of rocks because Piccolo died.

Duh, yeah. He's got a halo, doesn't he?

You're right, future's still hosed.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
If they wished back Goku he would've had his head smashed in anyway.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Gonna echo everyone else by saying that Super has been extremely good lately. Vegeta vs Black had great animation, and I love how overtly pretentious Black's personality is. Guy couldn't possibly act more different from Goku.

It's cool seeing Super get into serious high stakes for once.

Also Future Mai is weirdly manages to be badass despite being a squishy human that could never hope to scratch Goku Black.

Augus fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Aug 30, 2016

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

ImpAtom posted:

Unless Vegeta got everyone together to do the Super Saiyan God ritual for him instead then he trained real hard until he became a god.

I thought they did go over this, either in super or the RoF movie, with Goku being jealous that Vegeta didn't need the ritual short cut.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I don't think Resurrection "F" mentioned it, but Super did, yeah. Goku outright says that he took a shortcut, but Vegeta got God Ki/Super Saiyan Blue entirely through training.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I appreciate that they went ahead and confirmed that Vegeta is 100x better and more competent and not dependent on handouts like the bad person, Son Goku.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

I appreciate that they went ahead and confirmed that Vegeta is 100x better and more competent and not dependent on handouts like the bad person, Son Goku.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Also the Majin powerup. They kinda flip flop on that whole thing, really.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
HAIL SATAN

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Momomo posted:

Also the Majin powerup. They kinda flip flop on that whole thing, really.

Those are both just examples of someone who does what it takes to get the job done. They aren't bad like Goku's handouts.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

And clearly Vegeta saw how badly that ended for him and learned his lesson. :colbert:

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

projecthalaxy posted:

Those are both just examples of someone who does what it takes to get the job done. They aren't bad like Goku's handouts.

Goku totally wasn't doing what was necessary to get the job done when he fought Beerus and convinced him not to blow up the Earth. Goku was just being selfish!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
http://gematsu.com/2016/08/dragon-ball-fusions-rated-brazil

Brazil gathered the Dragon Balls and got the Fusions game over to the west, official announcement will probably come this Thursday

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

That's radical, I was hoping it would come over here, the game looks fun.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Brazil gathered the Dragon Balls and got the Fusions game over to the west, official announcement will probably come this Thursday

You're welcome.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Aurora posted:

The SSG ritual is probably from that weirdo who's in a cult that has everyone share their ki or w/e

Almost all the movies do that poo poo in some capacity

Nah, that guy actually had nothing to do with Battle of Gods. It's why he was so butthurt Beerus wasn't roided up like Broly.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Augus posted:

Gonna echo everyone else by saying that Super has been extremely good lately. Vegeta vs Black had great animation, and I love how overtly pretentious Black's personality is. Guy couldn't possibly act more different from Goku.

That's why I really like Goku Black as a villain, and I think that him looking like Goku really adds to how unsettling he is.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Yeah Black's an entirely new villain for the franchise. He isn't a lame world dominator like Pilaf or a really good one like Piccalo Daimao, he isn't just seeking more power like Vegeta and Freeza, he's not obsessed with proving he's the best like Cell, and he isn't a mindless murder machine like Buu. He's a zealot who fully believes in his insane cause.

The only one who's really close is...Baby, I guess? And let's not talk about Baby.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Freeza isn't that different from Black. Both commit genocide for what they believe to be a greater good, but in Freeza's case that greater good was cold, hard spacebux. Then both of them meet Goku, disappear for a while and come back with a shiny new form, but that's every villain really.

I think what's really making this arc different from all of the other ones is the mystery aspect. In every other arc, the villain's motivations and origins are made clear from the get-go, with characters like Trunks and Supreme Kai getting all the exposition out of the way before we even meet the bad guys, but we don't know what the gently caress is up with Black at all. Like, is he a reanimated corpse? Alternate-Alternate-Future-Goku? Alternate-Alternate-Future-Adult-Goten? Robot? Clone? Robot clone!?

I mean, we kind of had something similar to this when Cell first arrived on the scene, but you couldn't get that guy to shut up about himself so the mystery didn't last that long.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

i had already given up on this since we had no news about it and it's already out in Japan, but this will be awesome if it's actually getting an international/US release

i'm ready to fuse the people and punch guys out of arenas

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
kazenshuu says there's (according to a reliable source) an october 11th release date on wal-mart's system

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Aug 31, 2016

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Dias posted:

You're welcome.

Man you guys wish for the weirdest things.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Rewatched a bunch of Abridged today, sort of curious, what're everyone's favorite abridged fights?

I think mine is 18 vs Vegeta. After that it's probably Goku vs Freeza and the Piccolo vs Imperfect fights.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Crabtree posted:

Man you guys wish for the weirdest things.

Sorry we'll wish for some panties next time.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Majinfoose posted:

That's why I really like Goku Black as a villain, and I think that him looking like Goku really adds to how unsettling he is.
ya'll forget about me?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

bowmore posted:

ya'll forget about me?

Is he listed for Xenoverse? Because it would be hilarious to have a team of him, Goku Black, and Ginyu in Goku Body.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rirse posted:

Is he listed for Xenoverse? Because it would be hilarious to have a team of him, Goku Black, and Ginyu in Goku Body.

He is in fact

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Rirse posted:

Yeah, they're adding more movie stuff to XV2, including Turles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKwFi-FZ_qw

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Turles was pretty unsettling too, thinking back, they just didn't use it very well.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
Why the heck did they make turles look exactly like goku. It's never explained right

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Turles says in the movie that all low-class saiyans look the same

Which is dropped and never brought back up

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

tbp posted:

Why the heck did they make turles look exactly like goku. It's never explained right

Lower class saiyans often apparently look alike or something. Nothing more than coincidence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Agoat posted:

Lower class saiyans often apparently look alike or something. Nothing more than coincidence.

Planet Vegeta: the Alabama of space.

• Locked thread