Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
Yeah, well maybe I didn't want a house to begin with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I wish I didn't have time to do my loving job.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Can we kill the Rich and take their homes, claim it's "Financial Collateral" and "At the end of the day, more deserving people are housed."?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

WarpedNaba posted:

Can we kill the Rich and take their homes, claim it's "Financial Collateral" and "At the end of the day, more deserving people are housed."?

Won't somebody please think of the poor rich people of Remuera?

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Nick Smith seems to have preemptively blocked me from his facebook page.

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx
Let me be one to say that Nick Smith truly is a cantankerous oval office.

His family rented cranes, or something, that is fair enough and all. Nick got a Phd in landslides. So because of this he has enough 'small business rul kiwi' and 'environmental acumen' to be the face of all kind of bullshit for decades now. He was ACC minister and had to quit because he got caught helping out Bronwyn Pullar- but thats all in the past now. There used to be a thing called Ministerial Responsibility you know Ministers were actually expected to fall out of Govt if they embarrassed it. But here he is back again.

I grew up in Nelson and I know exactly the kind of people that vote for him, a subset within the typical National bloc base, and their environmental acumen stretches only as far as their winery boundary or hilltop property when erosion is happening.

My Dad got his inner nose (deviated septum) butchered by a doctor in NZ unfortunately and not being born New Zealander couldn't really wrap his head around ACC and what it meant. When my Dad met with Nick, Nick basically heard his accent and brushed him off as a "medical tourist" or something though he had lived in NZ for well over a decade by then.

[Deleted a kinda slanderous thing. But basically Nick Smith is akshully pretty much Anthony Weiner NZ style]

FWIW the above is my reasonable opinion and satire and defamation proceedings are expensive so meh what me worry

Jacobin fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Aug 31, 2016

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

You can probably count on one hand the number of people on the National party list who DONT own investment properties.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Jacobin posted:

Let me be one to say that Nick Smith truly is a cantankerous oval office.

His family rented cranes, or something, that is fair enough and all. Nick got a Phd in landslides. So because of this he has enough 'small business rul kiwi' and 'environmental acumen' to be the face of all kind of bullshit for decades now. He was ACC minister and had to quit because he got caught helping out Bronwyn Pullar- but thats all in the past now. There used to be a thing called Ministerial Responsibility you know Ministers were actually expected to fall out of Govt if they embarrassed it. But here he is back again.

I grew up in Nelson and I know exactly the kind of people that vote for him, a subset within the typical National bloc base, and their environmental acumen stretches only as far as their winery boundary or hilltop property when erosion is happening.

My Dad got his inner nose (deviated septum) butchered by a doctor in NZ unfortunately and not being born New Zealander couldn't really wrap his head around ACC and what it meant. When my Dad met with Nick, Nick basically heard his accent and brushed him off as a "medical tourist" or something though he had lived in NZ for well over a decade by then.

[Deleted a kinda slanderous thing. But basically Nick Smith is akshully pretty much Anthony Weiner NZ style]

FWIW the above is my reasonable opinion and satire and defamation proceedings are expensive so meh what me worry

Nobody, least of all anyone related to the national party, actually reads this forum. You're pretty safe I think.

fong posted:

You can probably count on one hand the number of people on the National party list who DONT own investment properties.

That many???

truther
Oct 22, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT THE BEARS
Looks like Australia will be legalising medical cannabis.

Fingers crossed National doesn't win the next election and we make some actual progress.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

truther posted:

Looks like Australia will be legalising medical cannabis.

Fingers crossed National doesn't win the next election and we make some actual progress.
I mean it looks like National are gonna lose, the issue is who is gonna win - most of National's toxic voterbase are switching over to NZF. There's a lot of rhetoric floating around that National only failed because they let in too many immigrants. A National/NZF coalition would be even worse for the country than just National.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Labour will almost certainly include immigration restrictions in their platform, so a Lab/Green/NZF coalition is likely imo. Thats assuming Lab/Green don't get enough just between them, maybe propped up by minor parties (Maori/Dunne/Mana depending on which have seats to contribute)

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009
https://webmshare.com/play/Gav8a

I clearly have no idea how to embed this.

Bushmaori fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Sep 2, 2016

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
New Zealand First is so bad

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

edit: Whoops, you typed immigrants. I thought we were talking refugees.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

fong posted:

so a Lab/Green/NZF coalition is likely imo.

I give is a couple of months, tops.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Buncha massive hopeless optimists ITT. National is getting re-elected, chaps. I'll put money on it.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

Slavvy posted:

Buncha massive hopeless optimists ITT. National is getting re-elected, chaps. I'll put money on it.

^ The NZ electorate is not going to let the Greens have a place in government.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Slavvy posted:

I'll see you and raise a bottle of scotch. To be drunk. At the conclusion of the next election. In one sitting.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

WarpedNaba posted:

I'll see you and raise a bottle of scotch. To be drunk. At the conclusion of the next election. In one sitting.

But then when I win you'll have nothing to drown your sorrows with :confused:

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

It's not my only bottle.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The only way National is losing an election is the death of John Key or the proletariat uprising ushering in the end of capitalism.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Fuckin love to have a beer with John

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Talk a bit of rugger

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Have a gatepost chat about how much money him and the nats have made me by inflating the price of land

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Do some planking

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I hope someone ddos s his face with bullets (metaphorically).

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
grab his hair as a joke

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

echinopsis posted:

grab his hair as a joke

Grab his wife's hair and see how he takes it.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Varkk posted:

Grab his wife's hair and see how he takes it.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

...ok

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
Weird Posts

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Taitale
Feb 19, 2011
So waitlists and stuff for transgender surgery made the news in a few places. It really is pretty appalling.

http://thewireless.co.nz/articles/waiting-in-vain-trans-surgery-waitlists-stretch-to-almost-50-years

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Ghostlight posted:

The only way National is losing an election is the death of John Key or the proletariat uprising ushering in the end of capitalism.

Don't stop I'm almost there

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Taitale posted:

So waitlists and stuff for transgender surgery made the news in a few places. It really is pretty appalling.

http://thewireless.co.nz/articles/waiting-in-vain-trans-surgery-waitlists-stretch-to-almost-50-years

I mean, they wouldn't really want any old lovely surgeon doing it, would they?

Taitale
Feb 19, 2011

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

I mean, they wouldn't really want any old lovely surgeon doing it, would they?

Literally the best Thai surgeon costs about 23k and he is absolutely world class. Excluding the extremely cheap surgeons there they are all pretty good and arguably have the most experience anywhere in the world. Even going to the US, Australia or the EU it would still come in around or under the 50k Walker used to bill the MoH when he was doing operations for them. They have been refusing to send trans feminine patients overseas for three years while doing nothing about training a local surgeon. The whole thing is a joke.

Plus even if they had a surgeon, the wait list is so long it is actually pointless to get on. A lot of surgeons won't operate on elderly patients, and since you can't get on the list till you are 18 people are going to be 65+ at least. Best hope is all the older people die and you get bumped up. Plus since the wait list is so stupidly long a ton of people haven't even bothered to get on it. I know at least seven trans women here in Christchurch who are all under 30 (including myself) who want surgery but haven't even bothered to get on the list.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Happy fathers day to all you NZ goons that somehow tricked a normal into sleeping with you at least once.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

She ain't that normal. We've spent over a third of our lives together. That's not normal.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

poo poo, it's almost half

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

We just hit the 1/3 mark recently ourselves. But the cow went off to Rotorua for a sportsball tournament this weekend so I'm here looking after my own kids alone.
The absolute horror, I feel like a babysitter.

• Locked thread