Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Karl Sharks posted:

we can't vote in their elections

It could still backfire if it makes Trump more sympathetic because those bad Mexicans didn't treat him with the respect Americans feel his position entitles him to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The US should launch 2 nukes right behind Trumps plane so that when he lands he can make little finger guns and have 2 explosions go off in distance where he pointed.

ZoCrowes
Nov 17, 2005

by Lowtax

DrPlump posted:

lots of people still use smack

But I don't think anyone is using Bayer's Heroine™. Bayer's Heroine; It's good for what ails ya!

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

tankadillo posted:

lol remember in 08 when McCain suspended his campaign right before the debates so he could go on an emergency wall street visit to address the market crash.

when losing candidates start pulling stunts like this to get attention, it's usually later in the campaign

trump is always under budget and ahead of schedule

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

tankadillo posted:

lol remember in 08 when McCain suspended his campaign right before the debates so he could go on an emergency wall street visit to address the market crash.

when losing candidates start pulling stunts like this to get attention, it's usually later in the campaign

I dunno what the calculation here is on the part of the Trump campaign, I don't see what this does for him.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

zoux posted:

I dunno what the calculation here is on the part of the Trump campaign, I don't see what this does for him.

Trump Tower Cozumel

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

blue squares posted:

if we have f-bombs why can't we use them? why?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Sinteres posted:

It could still backfire if it makes Trump more sympathetic because those bad Mexicans didn't treat him with the respect Americans feel his position entitles him to.

it won't really change anyone's mind, just more fodder for the running "trump is a buffoon" tally

zoux posted:

he wants his money, duh

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/hughhewitt/status/770986042908217344

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

zoux posted:

Attention. He does not give a poo poo if it's good or bad

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

At this point Trump's campaign strategy is "whatever Donald wants to do".

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Like I can think of 100 bad things that can happen and no good things.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Sinteres posted:

Trying to openly humiliate a US presidential candidate might just make Americans dislike Mexico rather than dislike Trump.

I'm thinking about it from Nieto's side - he's abysmally unpopular and everyone is jumping all over him for legitimizing Trump like this. I don't think any sitting President would turn an official visit into a prank for local goodwill, but if there ever was a point where it might benefit the President this would be it.

Mostly I just want that to happen so as Trump flies away he can tell us petulantly how much taller the wall just got.

The outcome will be predictable: both parties will say there was a "frank and open discussion" which "explored areas of common ground" despite "our significant differences in opinion on certain issues". Then Trump will go to Arizona and say he met with Nieto, great guy, really great guy, he's someone I can negotiate with, not like the other guy. Trump will use it as an excuse to somehow describe an immigration plan that is simultaneously hard-lined and softened, despite the impracticality and internal contradictions, and it will cause the base anxiety and win over exactly no one.

Then he will lose the election and start the Trump News Network like he's already planning.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Well, he's technically not wrong. Hillary might lose to Trump in the same way I might win the lottery.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

https://twitter.com/_AltRight_/status/770725102493151232

drat this is a pretty nice calendar

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

zoux posted:

Like I can think of 100 bad things that can happen and no good things.

Is one of those bad things that Trump gets murdered in Mexico then a more threatening to Hillary GOPe candidate steps up?

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lastgirl posted:

who knows, im p sure its gonna be in the afternoon. I ahve a feeling trump jet flew right over to mexico after the hate rally in WA

No

He flew to LA. Trump has a home there he can sleep at.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

The unpopularity argument always cracks me up when it's presented as a binary favorable / unfavorable.

Breaking news! Stubbing your toe and being shot right in your face both polling at 97% unfavorable! It's anyone's game who wins that choice!

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

So when is this Mexico stuff happening today?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

DrPlump posted:

The US should launch 2 nukes right behind Trumps plane so that when he lands he can make little finger guns and have 2 explosions go off in distance where he pointed.

See? This post is good, make more posts like this one if you're gonna play an ironic Trump supporter.

thrawn527 posted:

So when is this Mexico stuff happening today?

After siesta, I assume.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

How do you screw this up?

https://twitter.com/tpm/status/770976648787324928

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/KellyannePolls/status/770987994450948098

No one believes this Kellyanne

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

If only those women were stronge...

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Everytime I see this twitter account I legitimately can't tell if it's a parody or not. Hell, I don't even think the people RUNNING it know.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Cael posted:

Everytime I see this twitter account I legitimately can't tell if it's a parody or not. Hell, I don't even think the people RUNNING it know.

"my candidate is losing to an old, frail, brain damaged woman who takes 5 naps a day"

Trump!

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Cael posted:

i just assume everything on the internet is parody/irony until proven otherwise

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Like so far the effect of the trip has been for every reporter in America to note everything lovely he's ever said about Mexico while simultaneously going :psyduck:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Cael posted:

https://twitter.com/_altright_/status/770979384496750593

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

zoux posted:

Like so far the effect of the trip has been for every reporter in America to note everything lovely he's ever said about Mexico while simultaneously going :psyduck:

he's got them just where he wants them

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Cael posted:

I was going to post that

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

jesus christ :psyduck:

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

https://twitter.com/RichardBSpencer/status/628587268287041536

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

my sincere wish is that pena would have this tweeted to him relentlessly until the meeting

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/770959899186561024
And the oppo binders open, just a crack.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

https://twitter.com/TheALX/status/770051456137367556

oh my god, memes by mail?!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lmao.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

So his big gesture for outreach is to attend a black church once? I thought that was kind of just standard issue campaigning.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
so I'm seeing a lot of 'Trump is doing great!' stuff

from what I can tell these are just favorability ratings right? no actual real shift in the polls that changes Trump's fortunes?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

the emerging racist ideology known as the

alt

right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

That sound yall heard was drpump rushing out to buy stamps