Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

euphronius posted:

Get a job man. They are much more fun and relaxing than being at home with kids.

surely application #167 will net me a job I just know it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saints gambit
Apr 8, 2004
a donut with no holes is a danish
Trump doesn't understand that the border doesn't actually stop the flow of information, does he? Or that there might be translators?

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

euphronius posted:

Get a job man. They are much more fun and relaxing than being at home with kids.

just sell the kids
then you can relax and also not worry about money

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Squizzle posted:

i feel bad about my dumb brain because no matter how disagreeable a lot of her politics are, ms. Kelly is accomplished as hell, personally impressive, and can conduct a good "you're not getting away with any bullshit tonight, chief" interview. also she sent karl rove corncobbin into oblivion

BUT

that new short hairstyle looks so amazing that every time i see her now im just like "gosh she's so pretty :syoon:"

...except that with the new hair she looks like the Mekon.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

How do they get the memes on the paper?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

saints gambit posted:

Trump doesn't understand

yes

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Mirthless posted:

Bayer lost all US copyrights, patents and trademarks after WW2 so heroin, asprin, etc are all generic terms for the medicine rather than trade names. Either is technically correct, since Bayer still markets aspirin as Aspirin and presumably would do the same with Heroin if it was still being used for medical purposes

Karl Sharks posted:

well yeah, i'm saying even if they didn't lose the trademark on heroin i'm pretty sure they would've given it up voluntarily so as to not be associated with heroin lol

Karl Sharks posted:

you're saying bayer still have a copyright (wouldn't it be a trademark, not copyright?) on heroin? c'mon now

Dayum I so stand corrected. I guess the lapsing of the trade name would be where it loses it's caps. (I guess I mostly wanted to brag about my grandmum. See what you get!)

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Louisgod posted:

How do they get the memes on the paper?

it's meme magic

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Mirthless posted:

I'd be surprised if it even made it through the post office. If they go direct to the counter to mail it I guarantee you the clerk won't let them send it without an R/A and if they put it in a box I doubt it ever makes it past sorting

I don't think return addresses are required for first-class mail:

A return address is required on certain types of mail. Preferred return address placement is the upper left portion of the mailpiece or the upper left part of the address area—on the side of the piece bearing postage. Mail qualifying for Nonprofit Standard Mail prices must have the name and return address of the authorized nonprofit organization either on the outside of the mailpiece or in a prominent location on the material being mailed (inside the mailpiece) (703.1.5).

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
The Race Is Tightening

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/770994895330877440

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
the emerging racist ideology known as the

alt

right

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Baloogan posted:

hungy bear

mods

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Does he think that that will be any better than just letting in the Mexican public?

At least with ordinary slobs he could offer them $50 a head to stand there politely and clap, the Mexican press is going to be sharpening its teeth and claws before they go into this.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Slate Action posted:

https://twitter.com/colvinj/status/770990921013792769

Hillary should hold a press conference right now. Like, right now, it would be perfect.

You need to give her the idea or this glorious future will never happen.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Zeroisanumber posted:

Does he think that that will be any better than just letting in the Mexican public?

At least with ordinary slobs he could offer them $50 a head to stand there politely and clap, the Mexican press is going to be sharpening its teeth and claws before they go into this.

"mr trump, how many of us here do you think are rapists and murderers?"

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Lastgirl posted:

alt

right

White Genocide TM

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Lastgirl posted:

alt

right

"PEPE!!!"

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Get your own jokes Melania!

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

There was a late night host who said something along the lines that Trump lies so often and so casually that you start to question your own memories of the past.
I think Trump buys into his own bullshit. He feels a feeling, and then in very short order that becomes his reality.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/702953023736250369

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Perfectly Safe posted:

I don't understand the whole Hillary's health/energy thing. I mean, I can understand why they'd want HRC to be unwell, but it doesn't seem to be a practical problem unless she actually is unwell. Just pretending that she's too frail to campaign or whatever won't actually stop her from campaigning. It seems a delusion too far for me. What's going to happen at the debates? Is Trump just going to keep trying to prop her up with cushions and then pointing at her and staring at the camera?

I have unintentionally amused myself with this mental image now. Do join me in a brief chuckle.

it's desperation

Swedgin
Aug 22, 2006

by exmarx
I hope the first thing Hillary does at the first debate is to announce she's just come from the bathroom and then hold out her hand for Trump to shake

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

“I will no longer speak to the press ever again after today,” LePage said, prompting laughter from reporters. “And I’m serious. Everything will be put in writing. I am tired of being caught — the gotcha moments.”

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

magiccarpet posted:

“I will no longer speak to the press ever again after today,” LePage said, prompting laughter from reporters. “And I’m serious. Everything will be put in writing. I am tired of being caught — the gotcha moments.”

did he really saythat

because if he said that

then uhh

gently caress him

gently caress him very much

gently caress him anwyays if he never ssaid that tho

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
ok serious question, where does hillary usually sleep most nights? because unlike someone who's gotta tuck himself in at a familiar location, she is probably able to sleep at a hotel

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Zeroisanumber posted:

His approval is 2% in Mexico.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Lastgirl posted:

did he really saythat

because if he said that

then uhh

gently caress him

gently caress him very much

gently caress him anwyays if he never ssaid that tho

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/paul-lepage-vows-never-speak-media-227589

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

mastershakeman posted:

surely application #167 will net me a job I just know it

Oh I thought it was a choice thing

Sorry mate

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Do It Once Right posted:

There was a late night host who said something along the lines that Trump lies so often and so casually that you start to question your own memories of the past.
I think Trump buys into his own bullshit. He feels a feeling, and then in very short order that becomes his reality.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/702953023736250369

It reminds me of the study of abusive parents posted in freep. Basically they focus on what is emotionally true. And facts get lost. Trump already admitted his mood effects how he values his brand. He probably remembers how he feels about events more than the events. Which then overshadow the event. So if someone made him upset, eventually it becomes truth that that person is mean or unfair because kids should love their parents, employees should be loyal, ect

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003

magiccarpet posted:

The gotcha moments... Like when you call a reporter to go on a tirade and ask them to print it. Just so unfair!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

We all know favor ability ratings are what gets people in the White House.

State polls in battleground states are meaningless.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lol if Trump is keeping the press at bay so he can make up some nonsense and that the Mexican press won't say anything

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
is the press really pushing this dumb favorability horserace narrative

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Told my pastor mom about this and she said "Yeah, but not for the reason you're thinking, lady."

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003

euphronius posted:

We all know favor ability ratings are what gets people in the White House.

State polls in battleground states are meaningless.

remember last fall when trump's unfavorability meant he could never win the nomination?

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

HappyHippo posted:

The gotcha moments... Like when you call a reporter to go on a tirade and ask them to print it. Just so unfair!

Wasn't it a voicemail message?

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Sonic the Hoxhaist posted:

If Mexico started saying they were told the wall would be digital I'll laugh my rear end off.

Mexican News Anchor: "La Pared será de diez... gigabytes más grande?" :confused:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Eonwe posted:

is the press really pushing this dumb favorability horserace narrative

Yes, because "TRUMP SAID WHAT??!!?!" only draws in viewers for so long. Look at what's happening with Hillary and the emails/Benghazi. People are all "Oh, so you have nothing new, ok" and turn on something else.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Sheriff Joe and LePage were made for each other.

I'd ship it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Favorability is often a good initial indicator of who ends up winning an election, but we are in the unique situation this cycle of having two major candidates who are both underwater in that department. Most national candidates for president are well-liked by the general electorate.

• Locked thread