Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

Vengeance of Pandas posted:

Oh dearie me, this is clearly bad for Jeremy Corbyn...

"Corbyn Supporters Support Corbyn".

"You had to use ink to come to that conclusion?"

snype: 189 AD - thousands killed in Rome by plague, probably smallpox, leading to widespread rioting amid chronic food shortages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Baron Corbyn posted:

If Liz Kendall had won, we would literally have gotten that scene from The Thick of It where she voices support for one of the Tories' most despicable parties as they're walking it back, wouldn't we?

I assume you mean policies.

Or is there another layer of British politics I didn't know about

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Gonzo McFee posted:

He probably plagiarised the tweet while pretending to be drunk.

That tweet could have been sherbert for all he knew

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Tesseraction posted:

Him and I came to the agreement that Smith and Corbyn are ice cubes in hell so far as electability is concerned.

I bet if you showed up in hell with some ice cubes they'd be incredibly popular

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

baka kaba posted:

Only amongst the damned.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

baka kaba posted:

According to Dante the Ninth Circle of Hell contains traitors frozen in ice, so probably not.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Oberleutnant posted:

Thomas was a huge prick though. Vote Gordon for a sensible, steady hand on the tiller

All the Sodor engines are terrible spiteful dicks.

Vote Ivor for a decent honest working engine. Don't be put off by the regional accent.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.

Jedit posted:

According to Dante the Ninth Circle of Hell contains traitors frozen in ice, so probably not.

The image of Lucifer half frozen in ice is one of the most evocative and powerful within the canon, the whole Divine Comedy is so unbelievably good I may go and read it again now.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

StoneOfShame posted:

The image of Lucifer half frozen in ice is one of the most evocative and powerful within the canon, the whole Divine Comedy is so unbelievably good I may go and read it again now.

cheers you up after a gander at the news, I suppose

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Pissflaps posted:

I'll probably not vote for anybody, or a comedy candidate if one is available.

My MP is Tom Blenkinsop, quite a small majority and an ardent anti-Corbynite.

In that case then if he survives the boundary changes and mandatory deselection shouldn't you vote to keep him? To turn the party around after Corbyn is gone

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Cerv posted:

In that case then if he survives the boundary changes and mandatory deselection shouldn't you vote to keep him? To turn the party around after Corbyn is gone

This kind of talk is unelectable and probably something a Green voter would say.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Cerv posted:

Hopefully Blenkinsop loses out in boundary changes & Middlesbrough MP Andy McDonald (current Shadow Sec.State of Transport) becomes Pissflap's new MP to save him from that tough dilemma.

Jedit posted:

Not sure Dante is regarded as canonical by the one true kirk, the Free Church of Scotland.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

ThaumPenguin posted:

I assume you mean policies.

Or is there another layer of British politics I didn't know about
The tories did have some pretty despicable parties. :pedo:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Tesseraction posted:

cheers you up after a gander at the news, I suppose

Especially the bit where the worst traitors are ceaselessly chewed in Satan's three mouths. If Dante was writing today he'd have to include more heads for the PLP.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Baron Corbyn posted:

If Liz Kendall had won, we would literally have gotten that scene from The Thick of It where she voices support for one of the Tories' most despicable parties as they're walking it back, wouldn't we?

We already had that where most of the Labour party were talking about how we needed to accept austerity as what the public wants and then Lich King Iain Duncan Smith pretended to have a soul and openly criticised the effect it was having on the poor and disabled.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

sebzilla posted:

All the Sodor engines are terrible spiteful dicks.

Vote Ivor for a decent honest working engine. Don't be put off by the regional accent.

Diesel is Osborne.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH
Ladies and gentlemen I bring you the next generation of our lords and masters:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/08/31/11-eton-pupils-enjoy-private-audience-with-vladimir-putin---pipp/

quote:

Eton pupils enjoy private audience with Vladimir Putin at Kremlin - beating Theresa May to it

Spot the next slimy gently caress who thinks he's David Cameron.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

"the"

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Lord of the Llamas posted:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/08/31/11-eton-pupils-enjoy-private-audience-with-vladimir-putin---pipp/

What's Reese Mog doing there?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Pesmerga posted:

Diesel is Osborne.

I thought he was one of those smokeless steam engines that ran on coke.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

putin break out the fentanyl gas

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Guessing the two back-right.

Thought the one back left was too until I saw him coyly showing the V sign like a fuckin' tourist.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

That's the guy in the chair who thinks he's the next Boris.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
They're all just children who haven't done anything evil yet. As far as we know. Just a bunch of baby Hitlers before the rejection from Art School.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Gonzo McFee posted:

They're all just children who haven't done anything evil yet. As far as we know. Just a bunch of baby Hitlers before the rejection from Art School.

thats never stopped the FSB in the past

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

The only one who doesn't seem like a colossal bellend is the guy on the far left of the picture (ie the guy sitting down just holding his folder)

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

Zephro posted:

The only one who doesn't seem like a colossal bellend is the guy on the far left of the picture (ie the guy sitting down just holding his folder)

Non-white at Eton? Probably the son of some colossal bellend still.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Jose posted:

thats never stopped the FSB in the past

I hope that Putin didn't irradiate dead pig heads and leave them lying around.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Man, this loving picture is going to be like that picture of Cameron and Boris in the loving Bullingdon Club in like 40 years where we get to play spot the Tory grandee oval office as a oval office kid.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Zephro posted:

And who is, by a strange coincidence, also the only one who isn't white. Ten faces I could never tire of punching and one Asian kid who looks like he got mixed up with the wrong tour group and is wondering who these posturing idiots are.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

Baron Corbyn posted:

Man, this loving picture is going to be like that picture of Cameron and Boris in the loving Bullingdon Club in like 40 years where we get to play spot the Tory grandee oval office as a oval office kid.

I don't doubt for a single second that's exactly what they think about it too.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Cerv posted:

I don't think Corbyn will be gone after losing the next general election.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

Pissflaps posted:

I thought any labour government was always better than a tory one.

I mean, I remember being told my entirely voting life that it was my duty to hold my nose and vote for people pushing repugnant poo poo because at least they're not the even worse team, so a little solidarity here doesn't seem much to ask.

Pissflaps posted:

I don't think Corbyn will be gone after losing the next general election.

My view has been that Corbyn actually needs a chance to try. Most people I know seem to agree (people who aren't completely disengaged at least). Personally I feel like Corbyn would leave if he lost, but if Corbyn does disastrously in a general, that is an actual general in 2020 that doesn't feature the entire party clamouring for people to vote them out to really stick it to the trots, then I would be unlikely to vote for him again providing the Labour party offered an actual alternative rather than Dickjoke mcISIScakes

spectralent fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Aug 31, 2016

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
TIL that Pissflaps cares so little about forming a Labour government that he's intending to vote against a sitting Labour MP in a close seat.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Pissflaps posted:

Haha

He is the comedy candidate

#blockedbyblenkinsop

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops
I mean this is basically a major problem with the "Corbyn's been a disaster" thing. Corbyn's been a disaster with the labour party openly trying to tear itself apart. It's impossible to tell if he's messed up or not, because there has been a very visible contingent of people, who I will be charitable and assume are a minority, who have gleefully campaigned against him before he even took office. You can't even claim "If he was a good leader then he would have avoided the people campaigning against him", because people have been doing so before he even got a chance to do anything. There is, blatantly and inarguably, a component of the Labour party that simply hate him and what he stands for, so an assessment of his capability is always trying to solve for two unknowns. They have shot themselves in the foot if they're right, and again there's nobody to blame but the labour conservatives for that.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Julio Cruz posted:

TIL that Pissflaps cares so little about forming a Labour government that he's intending to vote against a sitting Labour MP in a close seat.

I currently intend to not vote at all. I care about Labour forming a government at the next general election, and the ones that come after it.

The sad array of green and lib dem voters that have joined the party recently do not care about Labour forming a government. That's why I want Corbyn replaced with somebody competent, and they want him to remain in post.

spectralent posted:

I mean this is basically a major problem with the "Corbyn's been a disaster" thing. Corbyn's been a disaster with the labour party openly trying to tear itself apart. It's impossible to tell if he's messed up or not, because there has been a very visible contingent of people, who I will be charitable and assume are a minority, who have gleefully campaigned against him before he even took office. You can't even claim "If he was a good leader then he would have avoided the people campaigning against him", because people have been doing so before he even got a chance to do anything. There is, blatantly and inarguably, a component of the Labour party that simply hate him and what he stands for, so an assessment of his capability is always trying to solve for two unknowns. They have shot themselves in the foot if they're right, and again there's nobody to blame but the labour conservatives for that.

The fact that Corbyn's appointment has led to this is one aspect of why he is a disaster.

Saying that people campaigned against him since before he took office is asinine. He was involved in a leadership contest of course they did.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Gonzo McFee posted:

I hope that Putin didn't irradiate dead pig heads and leave them lying around.

Hahahaha, nice.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.
I believe Pissflaps has stated before that he doesn't want to vote Corbyn because he believes Corbyn will lose and the more votes he gets the less likely he is to step down. I think this is silly reasoning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

StoneOfShame posted:

I believe Pissflaps has stated before that he doesn't want to vote Corbyn because he believes Corbyn will lose and the more votes he gets the less likely he is to step down. I think this is silly reasoning.

Based on Corbyn's track record of personal mandates trumping parliamentary democracy i'm not sure how you conclude that such reasoning is silly.

• Locked thread