Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Section Z posted:

I vaguely know that Jeanne is supposedly a school teacher.

I did not know until now, that I wanted to see Chib-Usa's gradeschool education handled by Bayonetta cast members.

This would be hilarious just on Chibs befriending cereza and proceeding to go on an adventure where everyone else is trying to find where the hell they went.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

kefkafloyd posted:

I already made that joke! I'LL KILL YOU!

Your joke is the inspiration for mine!!!

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Whoo Mako event is up. :supaburn:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Whoo Mako event is up. :supaburn:

I've heard most people are excited for Ryuko after this, but I've got my fingers crossed for Inferno Cop.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

quote:

"future!Usagi thinks her 14 year old self is an acceptable babysitter for her 9 year old daughter despite all the apocalypses that happened in during that time period,"

"My baby girl is convinced I'm this perfect goddess. (And maybe I am.) Let her stay with you, and learn differently."

It didn't quite work out, since they all got on like a house on fire. Flames and screaming.

I wonder if Neo-Queen is watching all of the chaos and either laughing or just sighing.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Aug 31, 2016

Dariusknight
Jul 8, 2012

Bloodly posted:

"My baby girl is convinced I'm this perfect goddess. (And maybe I am.) Let her stay with you, and learn differently."

It didn't quite work out, since they all got on like a house on fire. Flames and screaming.

I wonder if Neo-Queen is watching all of the chaos and either laughing or just sighing.

My head canon says that Neo-Queen Serenity didn't want to be a mother but since she didn't believe in abortion and because her child would be the successor to her, and Endymion wouldn't let her drown her in the bathtub, she put her up for adoption with her younger self so that she'd never see her again.

Yes, I believe in super grimdark Sailor Moon

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

like you wouldn't get your past self to babysit after raising your eight year old daughter for the last 900 years

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

Bloodly posted:

Chibiusa would never admit it but it's super clear that she takes completely after her mother in many ways. The causality problems of sending Chibi back in time are enough to write a book about.

Speaking of apocalypses and bad parenting decisions, OG Queen Serenity sends everyone to the 90s because of "how peaceful it was" yet the world is always in peril. Their very presence makes it not peaceful!

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
All that says is that whatever was happening in the 90s, what happened after it was so much worse Serenity forgot completely about all the problems then.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Doing pretty well so far, 20 stars having just finished #7. Hopefully I'll have 75 Stars before the maps start giving me trouble, but I probably wont.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Finally got to the end of the thread. Are we still doing confessions? No? Too bad.

Sailor Moon was a pretty big formative experience for little me, too. It had a poo poo ton of positive messages at a time when I was a middle/high schooler with a garbage home life that featured a load of toxic programming about being feminine enough, pretty enough, obedient enough, etc. I totally didn't know that Haruka and Michiru were ~ that way ~ until I bonded with other eighth grade girls over the show; after that, I was totally fascinated and we all did dumb poo poo together in fandom for years, ran websites, ran those sites into the ground, etc. Made and lost a lot of friendships that way! Honestly it was a good experience for the most part... Especially since I never saw the Oscar poo poo or other awful stuff until I was much older. SM was definitely the first time I saw queer representation in media that wasn't a joke.

That said, I never, ever got to play any of the games, so despite how shoddy the fan translation is, and how janky the game itself is, I'm really enjoying your coverage of Another Story, Scoob!

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

I'm almost certain that sending Chibi-Usa back to the past was a deliberate attempt to change it for the better, and Pluto can't object because she's outranked.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I get that Neo Queen Serenity is the bee's knees and all but I'd think the Space-Time Continuum outranks her.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen
Thanks for reminding me to check up on my minorly battery-broken tablet to play the new event.

Edit: And it took me multiple times of being told "Your clock seems off, make sure it's set properly" to figure out that yes, my clock was off.

Cyouni fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Aug 31, 2016

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

I get that Neo Queen Serenity is the bee's knees and all but I'd think the Space-Time Continuum outranks her.

People before principles!

And, uh, existence...

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

Oh god the game thinks I owe it 168 hours worth of hearts.

I can only conclude this is due to me logging in in what my tablet thought was 2012 and then fixing my time. Or maybe it was me leaving it on before my tablet died and messed up the data somehow.

Regardless, I will have to depend on mailed hearts for the next while.

Edit: Everything seems significantly harder when you know you have a limited supply of hearts coming your way.

Cyouni fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Aug 31, 2016

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Bloodly posted:

Wait, is that how it works? Is Neo-Queen Serenity a separate person from Usagi? Is this an alternate timeline situation?

I always thought since Neo-Queen Serenity was Usagi she would have all of the memories of her daughter going back in time and being raised by her in the past so she really was raising her she was just doing it at a different point in time?

....The more I think about it the more I realize that this is all a little bit confusing.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
You basically never get to see anything from NQS' perspective, one very, very broken glimpse into her psyche aside. So it's impossible to tell. At least as the manga goes on you see Usagi getting her poo poo together arc by arc, and that's about all of it.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Wait, is that how it works? Is Neo-Queen Serenity a separate person from Usagi? Is this an alternate timeline situation?

I always thought since Neo-Queen Serenity was Usagi she would have all of the memories of her daughter going back in time and being raised by her in the past so she really was raising her she was just doing it at a different point in time?

....The more I think about it the more I realize that this is all a little bit confusing.

It's a causality loop, she has to send Chibiusa back because she remembers spending time with Chibiusa, because she sent Chibiusa back... etc.

MightyPretenders posted:

I'm almost certain that sending Chibi-Usa back to the past was a deliberate attempt to change it for the better, and Pluto can't object because she's outranked.

Well, it's hard to object when you're dead. :v: I don't think Setsuna comes back until well after Chibiusa is back, but the fact that Setsuna comes back at all hurts my brain.

Speaking of Pluto, her upgraded attack rules and the animation is the BEST.

kefkafloyd fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Sep 1, 2016

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Oh cool, her special attack is Dead Scream.

Anyway through the power of cheating heavily I've gotten Mako.

Her ability is the same as Sailor Mercury. So she's good for Poppers.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I'm kind of surprised that given all the random timeline chaos that's ensued, we haven't met anybody from some hypothetical alternate present where Beryl flipped off Metallia and the Moon Kingdom endured.

Unless that's what, say, the various global villages and the Venus Ark are supposed to be.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Oh cool, her special attack is Dead Scream.

Anyway through the power of cheating heavily I've gotten Mako.

Her ability is the same as Sailor Mercury. So she's good for Poppers.

How do you cheat? Bux?

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Sorry Ami, looks like Minako is stealing your woman.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

How do you cheat? Bux?

I'm playing on Bluestacks, I used a modified version of the game executable (the link is earlier in the thread) that gives me infinite hearts constantly (which means I can't accept hearts sent to me, but I can still send them) while also giving me infinite of all boosters and in-puzzle items, but its glitched so it'll give infinite stamps (but doesn't save them) I switched the hacked Apk with a regular one and now the infinite stuff is slowly decreasing (except the piece scratchers, those got deleted) but i still have 8,000+ of every thing. Lets me clean stages through really easily except for Race against time stages.

EDIT: This was entirely worth it.

:syoon:

RMZXAnarchy fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Sep 1, 2016

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

RMZXAnarchy posted:

EDIT: This was entirely worth it.

:syoon:

Truly, Waifuism shall be the downfall of modern society.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Glazius posted:

I'm kind of surprised that given all the random timeline chaos that's ensued, we haven't met anybody from some hypothetical alternate present where Beryl flipped off Metallia and the Moon Kingdom endured.

Unless that's what, say, the various global villages and the Venus Ark are supposed to be.

Just thinking about this, has there been anything that had the villains of the show/manga/comic/book simply being heroes from a different timeline trying to save their timeline from destruction because the heroes changed the future when they saved the day?

And how do you get Pluto in Sailor Moon Drops? I'm asking for a friend.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Randalor posted:

And how do you get Pluto in Sailor Moon Drops? I'm asking for a friend.

Clear Black Moon stage 55.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Stephen9001 posted:

Truly, Waifuism shall be the downfall of modern society.

You cannot deny that this game has incredibly cute animations.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses
I got Makoto this morning :toot:

But level 30 of the event is nigh-on impossible. I doubt I'll be able to make it any further. RIP that level up crystal in particular.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Got Mako! Was saving a level up for her so I got her skill too! Now just need 100 more points to buy a level up for her as well

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The event is hard and it's just the beginning of it :(

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

RMZXAnarchy posted:

You cannot deny that this game has incredibly cute animations.

Perhaps, but that only serves to pull you (and others) deeper into it's thrall.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

Oh my stupid "penalty" is finally over. Guess it's time to start trying to make up for lost time.

I'm at stage 24 with 62 stars. Wonder if I can make it to Jupiter before event's over.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

(an update is coming)

(apsu for secret best character)

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses
Makoto's event seems impossible to fully clear, I managed to get 132 out of 135 stars with three stages left to three-star and they're just so... brutal. I've been chewing through them since I've cleared all the other map stages and managed to get that close but that last level up crystal looks to be unreachable.

Pluto is rad as gently caress though.

END ME SCOOB posted:

(an update is coming)

(apsu for secret best character)

I will give the designers credit, Apsu is one of the best parts of the game.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

kefkafloyd posted:

Makoto's event seems impossible to fully clear, I managed to get 132 out of 135 stars with three stages left to three-star and they're just so... brutal. I've been chewing through them since I've cleared all the other map stages and managed to get that close but that last level up crystal looks to be unreachable.

Pluto is rad as gently caress though.

I will give the designers credit, Apsu is one of the best parts of the game.

I gave up after getting the character. I'm never gonna progress in the actual normal stages otherwise.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
So then. Our next goal was to have everyone split up and make sure their history hadn't been hosed with.

The NPCs in town are all pretty much identical to where they were before, barring the few in the streets of Juuban proper. Man, this game cuts the laziest loving corners.

I should also point out that there are no random encounters in town right now, and we are obviously heading for a boss battle. You'd think this level imbalance would be an issue, but nah.

Now, I'm going to transcribe a lot later in this update, just to show off the final translator's style (and a couple of hilarious lines), but this is pretty scrub-tier, so let's just hit the highlights:

Shingo doesn't want us questioning the hell-beast in his room! (And let's just get this straight: when we actually get a close-up view of Kishal in a second, that dude is a Predator-tier ugly motherfucker.)

Chibi-Usa falls over and feels asleep.

Sin's voice starts coming out of... Kishal? Mid-air? It's not really clear, and I'm pretty sure the implication is supposed to be some voodoo poo poo is going down, because Shingo isn't going to respond to any of this at all anymore. But they go "Hey, Sailor Moon, gently caress you, we got your brother! Despite him being two feet in front of you and you being able to leap for him during this very long conversation!"

Also for some reason Sin now hates the "Moon King". I'm pretty sure someone just hosed up a copy-edit on "kingdom" here, because that's not a thing.

This whole rant finally gets Sin to spit out "their plan", which is not actually Apsu's plan, but we all know Sin is a goddamn zealot anyway. "If we have the Silver Crystal, you don't, and that means all the stupid bullshit over it won't happen, like the Dark Kingdom and the Black Moon Clan." This logic has quite a lot of holes in it, but frankly, none of it matters, because we're about to murder the ugliest creature in the game by a mile.

Holy poo poo.

Guys, this boss fight has as much effort put into it as the artist did into that sprite, which is to say, almost nil. Take a look at my HP up there, keep in mind that one party member is operating on a ~20 level deficit here, and then realize I killed Kishal in a single round.

And he did a full-party attack. Which only landed on one person. For two damage.

And one of the three attacks that did him in was Time Stop, an attack that does almost negative damage.

Seriously, this boss fight is a joke.

So at this point, the Wonder Twins over there arrive after their investigations, because this game just cannot get enough of them being the only competent characters. And probably also because animating/writing for two people is easier than dialogue for 4 at a time.

I just want you to take a moment and think about this next screenshot.

Okay, Haruka and Michiru walk in, Chibi-Usa is collapsed in a heap on the floor, everyone is in Usagi's kid brother's room for ??? reason, and while I know monsters in this series follow the 'disintegrate on death' policy, a sick part of me likes to imagine that Kishal, as a hell-beast, is actually tucked under Shingo's desk until they can figure out what to do with it.

And all they say is "So what'd y'all figure out?"

Worst bodyguards ever.

Actual patch dialogue:

Nothing happened to you two?
I wasn't a member of the race team for some reason. (implied shrug)
The violin I always used has vanished. But on top of that, even if I dismiss the violin... They gave away my part in the musical!

This translator's work is great for these non-sequiter one-liners. Thanks, Luna.

Everyone goes "Let's just go back to the shrine. Also, you look like poo poo, Usagi, Usagi. Maybe sit this one out." And then everyone leaves.

Seriously. What assholes.

Anyway, there's another recap pow-wow at Hikawa Shrine and the only thing of note:

So we do.

At the Space/Time Door, some final rear end in a top hat from the past is waiting for us. If you said "the Witches 5", you're wrong. If you said "Death Phantom", I already told you he's not in this game. Anshar, pissed that we killed his devil-dog? Nope.

It's this no-talent assclown from one of the anime-only movies. I don't give a gently caress about him but he's got a hard-on for Mamoru and he comes from space. Ta-da. I could transcribe a whole lot of words for little gain, or I could just give you the translators massively loving up again in 3 lines...

I wonder what I'll do.

None of the lines I cut out are "Sailor Moon, we need you" or "No, Sailor Moon, you have to go", by the way. She just goes "I'm staying by your side" and then goes "PSYCH! HALL PASS TIME" at the door.

And finally, we arrive at the obvious point of endgame, Neo-Tokyo, far into the future. The Crystal Palace is mode sevening in and out of existence before our eyes because history is so hosed up, which makes the fact that the villains made their base at the least stable point in time hilariously stupid.

And now, settle in for absolute crazytown frolics as the translation falls apart from line to line. All transcribed letter for letter. Since this is the endgame, I'm just going to confess something: I can never remember any of the Opposito Senshi's names aside from Ishtar (for obvious reasons). I've had a labeled spritesheet on my desktop for this entire LP so I could check the drat thing whenever I had to write one of them in.

You're cute brother is there.
But Anshar-sama has very little patience. It may already be too late for the Crystal Palace.
(running onscreen for no reason) That's so unfair! If you're a senshi then fight fair!
Unfair? Why don't I tell you part of the strategy? I'm the type who esteems efficiency.
We give you 2 choices. Sacrificing Shingo Tsukino to go after the Queen. Or sacrificing the Queen and going to save Shingo Tsukino. Which one do you choose?
Choose the one you prefer. Which poor little thing will be abandoned?
Sailor Mercury. Sailor Mars. Sailor Jupiter. Sailor Venus. If you want to settle things with us, come to the Dark Castle. We'll be eagerly awaiting you, Sailor Senshi.
(The holograms? vanish in a mass of laughter. Usagi looks sad, and suddenly the Inner Senshi are just in a black void out of nowhere.)

Where did everybody else go?
Somehow we're all alone...
On top of that, this space... It's definitely them. Come out, Oppositio Senshi!

(The villains fade back in.)

Well, since it's the second time you've seen this space, it's natural that you'd understand.
Even if you seek help, no one will come to help you. You've been abandoned!
It certainly wasn't that! You're using an illusion to delude me!
How is it? Perhaps you really didn't wish for the fate that left you guys in the middle of battle in this way.
Oh, that's right. Stop fighting us. Because we'll prepare for you a splendid fate!

I want to stress that I am not reusing screens from the start of the game. They seriously do this entire loving schtick all over again in order, and I'm saving us both time by skipping these lines:

Although hilariously, this time, Ami's husband is just referred to as "that man" in the scene. I reiterate - the following, punctuation fuckups and all, are from the patch:

-giggle- So how was it? Now, let's stop the fighting.
It would be of no interest to you from then on to continue the battle. What do you intend to do?
Are you willing to destroy your own fate for the sake of Sailor Moon?
That's right, perhaps you did not become the Sailor Senshi you wanted to be.
So, get back to your normal forms. If you do so, the destiny you wish for is waiting for you...
The illusion you showed us is certainly the everyday life we wish for.
But we've already made up our minds. We'll fight alongside with Sailor Moon
If Sailor Moon weren't there, we would probably have been very lonely.
But now, everyone is here. For the sake of our friends, for the sake of Sailor Moon, we'll fight!
For how long will you keep saying this type of thing!
You've rejected a great chance, how idiotic.
Give up now and surrender!
Hmph...those are certainly Sailor Senshi... Wahahaha! I look forward to seeing you again in the Dark Castle!

And then everyone collapses and hits the ground, clearly loud enough to make Sailor Moon walk over.

At this point, everyone argues over who should be saved first, before Mercury goes "You know there are a shitload of us, right? Let's just form two parties."

Also, the characters say things you can make them disobey if you feel like a dick.

Since I want to settle things with Nergal, I'll go with Sailor Moon. I think Mercury, Venus, and Jupiter feel the same way.
Yes, me too. I have a score to settle with that girl... Marduk.
For me, it's that crazy Ishtar.
For me it's Nabu.

I like to imagine Mercury is just like "Okay, sure, I have a rival, whatever" with that read.

If we have to split, I don't care whose side I'm on. But I must choose one side.
Indeed... I can't forgive either side.
I will go with Small Lady.
Me too.

So here we go! Assault on the future, pick two teams. Sailor Moon is going to save her brother, Chibi-Moon is going to save her mother. First person to reply picks the teams! Respond clearly so I can get this train a-movin'.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
I say Moon gets Jupiter, Mars, Mercury, and Venus and everyone else goes with Chibi-Moon because she needs all the drat help she can get.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Okay! That's settled, so I guess we've got the Inner and Outer teams divided up! They also each take a cat, Luna going with Chibi-Moon, and Artemis going with Sailor Moon. Neither will check in on their loving daughter anytime before this game ends. Worst parents.

Then we cut to an Apsu monologue.

The Sailor Senshi are coming this way. But first, I must change my fate. If I don't, my life will be gone by morning, perhaps... But if I can change my fate... I can become the successor of the Mystic Silver Crystal. The power of the Crystal and the power to change fate... Holding up those two powers, I can be an eternal Queen.

At this point, Sin walks in and ruins the mood, but I just want to point something out. The implication is that changing fate is a thing she can only do with the assistance of or is heavily aided in by Anshar. The other thing is that the crystal is a physical object.

I'm just saying, imagining her dual-wielding Anshar's skull in one hand, the Silver Crystal in the other, and just monologuing like a crazy person as she becomes a mad empress is pretty loving amazing, especially if you give her the voice she has in my head (Larry David, because something about the way the translators handle her makes me think "bitter old jewish man").

But yes. At this point, Apsu has no time for Sin's whining. There's actually a hilarious bit here where she goes "I'm gonna be at the Tower of Time, so you guys all meet me there when you have the crystal." "...You mean the place where Tuxedo Mask is currently fighting that plant lunatic to a stalemate?" "Oh whatever, just tell Anshar to clear a drat path." "Understood."

Next time: gently caress Sailor Pluto, I'mma show you how to really gently caress this game up something fierce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

END ME SCOOB posted:

So here we go! Assault on the future, pick two teams. Sailor Moon is going to save her brother, Chibi-Moon is going to save her mother. First person to reply picks the teams! Respond clearly so I can get this train a-movin'.

END ME SCOOB posted:

I say Moon gets Jupiter, Mars, Mercury, and Venus and everyone else goes with Chibi-Moon because she needs all the drat help she can get.

:golfclap:

• Locked thread