Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011
If anyone is running DEF_UI it's best to uninstall it until the mod owner updates it for nuka world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
How hard are merged patches to do? I am thinking of saying gently caress it, learning and just cherry picking and putting the weapons I like in the game myself now.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

SeanBeansShako posted:

How hard are merged patches to do? I am thinking of saying gently caress it, learning and just cherry picking and putting the weapons I like in the game myself now.

Go for it, it can be a grind when you have a bunch of stuff to do, but F4EDIT is probably going to be better for doing that than the CS.
I think you can use scripts for F4EDIT to wholesale merge stuff, But I have had way less headaches and crashes doing it per mod, plus, with a bit fiddling, you can make a simple mod a little more complex, like adding its stuff to levelled lists/ creating recipes for it.
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/78/ <bae, for pulling apart ba2 archives, or putting them together. and xedit is easy to find, thats all you need really.

Yeah, ridiculous amounts of weapons and ammo mod have caved my saves in.
I spent the day literally piecing together an old install. and its really spazzing out.

def ui has a nuka patch.
Still seems peculiar as gently caress tho'

I'm suspecting Armor Keywords, as thats what so much of my stuff depends on.
Also the new drivers for nvidia mess up the pip boy, so change the ambient occlusion to hbao+

staberind fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Aug 31, 2016

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Nuka World must have changed something in the base files or how some mod files or load lists work. I spent over an hour trying to understand what the gently caress is causing my crashes.

I'm over 200 mods now though, It might just be all that bloat that needs culling or cutting down.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

staberind posted:

Go for it, it can be a grind when you have a bunch of stuff to do, but F4EDIT is probably going to be better for doing that than the CS.
I think you can use scripts for F4EDIT to wholesale merge stuff, But I have had way less headaches and crashes doing it per mod, plus, with a bit fiddling, you can make a simple mod a little more complex, like adding its stuff to levelled lists/ creating recipes for it.
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/78/ <bae, for pulling apart ba2 archives, or putting them together. and xedit is easy to find, thats all you need really.

Yeah, ridiculous amounts of weapons and ammo mod have caved my saves in.
I spent the day literally piecing together an old install. and its really spazzing out.

def ui has a nuka patch.
Still seems peculiar as gently caress tho'

I'm suspecting Armor Keywords, as thats what so much of my stuff depends on.
Also the new drivers for nvidia mess up the pip boy, so change the ambient occlusion to hbao+

Any way you can walk through/point to a tutorial on adding mod items to leveled lists, with scripts and stuff? When I look up tutorials for this, what I find is a bunch of stuff that appear to assume the user already knows how to do this, and merely needs assistance with edge cases or minor alterations. Pretty much nothing I can find that basically goes from start to end "here's how you take the mod, here's all the steps to create the list with the items you want, piece by piece, here's how to add it without loving everything up".

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Yeah a step by step guide would be great, I've given up waiting for good weapon packs/mod features to do it for me.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Well, What I do is find a similar weapon for crafting, duplicate the recipe, but get it to spit out my weapon.
I think I did the same for levelled lists, basically make a duplicate of a similar weapon, and change a few things so its going to sit in a good place on the levelled list, when I have got my game to behave, I'll try to do a pdf walkthrough with some bare bones weapon mods, then the same with armor, like, importing from skyrim,
Although I have been waiting for this dlc for a bit, so went off to do other things, I'll have to get reacquainted with the cheap and nasty patch-togethers I did. plus, I am by no means an accomplished modder in FO4.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

It's fine, if we all can learn the basics so we're not doomed to add anymore ugly guns that don't fit the look or feel of the game we're all down for it.

Oh, and mods wise somebody made a really nice looking Redcoat/Continental Army soldier uniform that'd fit a Minuteman character well. Somebody else did a Kings greaser jacket too.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

SeanBeansShako posted:

It's fine, if we all can learn the basics so we're not doomed to add anymore ugly guns that don't fit the look or feel of the game we're all down for it.

Oh, and mods wise somebody made a really nice looking Redcoat/Continental Army soldier uniform that'd fit a Minuteman character well. Somebody else did a Kings greaser jacket too.

suprised it wasn't in the base game tbh

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

G-Mach posted:

If anyone is running DEF_UI it's best to uninstall it until the mod owner updates it for nuka world.

There's already an update for it though, isn't there? It's dated like the 17th, someone with the beta made it.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

staberind posted:

Well, What I do is find a similar weapon for crafting, duplicate the recipe, but get it to spit out my weapon.
I think I did the same for levelled lists, basically make a duplicate of a similar weapon, and change a few things so its going to sit in a good place on the levelled list, when I have got my game to behave, I'll try to do a pdf walkthrough with some bare bones weapon mods, then the same with armor, like, importing from skyrim,
Although I have been waiting for this dlc for a bit, so went off to do other things, I'll have to get reacquainted with the cheap and nasty patch-togethers I did. plus, I am by no means an accomplished modder in FO4.

Phone posting so no link but a good starting point might be to download my weapon crafting mod, which is basically a super lightweight tutorial on how to implement custom crafting.

As for merging levelled lists, if you just create a merged patch in FO4Edit it'll handle all your levelled list conflicts appropriately. Any additional mods you add are easy to add to the merged patch, just apply filter for cleaning and click and drag in the event of a conflict.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Man Whore posted:

suprised it wasn't in the base game tbh

I got to admit stumbing through that museum and finding nothing at all, not even a drat sword was a early game low moment for me. I'm hoping the dude makes a few of these things and gives us the option to use them in both Minutemen faction mods because drat that is what they need.

Also, my mods are working again. Not sure if Loot fixed it or I just needed to reboot my PC. Still, a guide to do a merged patch will be useful for us all!

More outfit mods for all of you.

First off a Nuka World reskin, somebody reskinned Oswald's suit to resemble the suit Batman Arkham Asylum Joker wears.

Next up somebody made a pimp outfit themed mega mod. It is over the top and as tacky as you think it is.

And if you liked the main characters clothing from the indie game Transistor well somebody made a Fallout 4 version of it to wear. Enjoy.

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.

pmchem posted:

Anyone have conflicts between their mods and Nuka World, like maybe Raider Overhaul?

Yeah, had to disable KeyNuker so I could actually get within 100 metres of the Transit hub without my game crashing and then had to disable Resurrection to stop my screen being filled with passable stretched textures.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

The Iron Rose posted:

Phone posting so no link but a good starting point might be to download my weapon crafting mod, which is basically a super lightweight tutorial on how to implement custom crafting.

As for merging levelled lists, if you just create a merged patch in FO4Edit it'll handle all your levelled list conflicts appropriately. Any additional mods you add are easy to add to the merged patch, just apply filter for cleaning and click and drag in the event of a conflict.

For me at least, it's less making a merged patch of existing leveled lists, or making new crafting lists, and is instead that I want to add things like modded Power Armor parts to the level lists. Like, I have the Space Marine armor, and the only way to get a set of it is to go to a specific spot in-game and pick it up from a kinda dumb little mini-dungeon. I'd like to add it to the leveled lists so Raiders or Gunners or whomever could potentially spawn wearing pieces of it when they're armored up. Things like that.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Kurui Reiten posted:

For me at least, it's less making a merged patch of existing leveled lists, or making new crafting lists, and is instead that I want to add things like modded Power Armor parts to the level lists. Like, I have the Space Marine armor, and the only way to get a set of it is to go to a specific spot in-game and pick it up from a kinda dumb little mini-dungeon. I'd like to add it to the leveled lists so Raiders or Gunners or whomever could potentially spawn wearing pieces of it when they're armored up. Things like that.

This is what I will probably be showing people how to do, er, that is, maybe when I know exactly how to?
it would involving making a merged levelled list after anyhow.
wait, I think there is a LL for power armor wearers anyway,
its more getting the game to attribute bonuses and mods to pa stuff as it spawns, as it does to random mobs.

I'm still trying to rescue some borked saves, or at least making a load order that sacrifices as little as possible, to continue my epic lv 70 curbstomp of everything without too much copraphilia.
before I plunge my character into the puckered, waiting nukaworld like an engoreged, veiny pelican that spied a tasty, fishy treat.

if I look into adding modded PA parts, I'll be using slightly edited stuff. for instance the addition to legendary weapons 2lm workbench that adds space marine PA to the 2lm bench. http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14258/ < and its still updating for nuka atm, when thats a bit more settled, I'll just make an edit to that and other things, then dump all that into a levelled list.
just dont ask why preston has a green afro. (QoL PA durability loss edit , original ones made everyone look hurrrrduuuur, at least Preston is actually a PoC now, not some gray dude)...
I might make another version with minimum dependants.

Updating AWKCR : http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/6091/

staberind fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Aug 31, 2016

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now
"Think your fps can’t get any worse? Then NVIDIA’s high-quality Fallout 4 mod has some bad news – turns out that adding super-advanced lighting and shadows to a thermonuclear Wasteland just makes it scarier, moodier and more dangerous than ever."

gasman fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Aug 31, 2016

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

gasman posted:

"Think your fps can’t get any worse? Then NVIDIA’s high-quality Fallout 4 mod has some bad news – turns out that adding super-advanced lighting and shadows to a thermonuclear Wasteland just makes it scarier, moodier and more dangerous than ever."

Well the pics look loving amazing at least. I guess I'll play it when I buy the legendary edition a couple months down the road.

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now
It does look nice. But considering how big a joke their mod competition was, I don't really know what to think.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Is there a mod that changes the Far Harbour lever-action rifle so that you can do partial reloads?

Like change it so that if I have 3/5 bullets loaded and I initiate a reload, it reloads 2 bullets instead of going through the full animation to reload all 5 bullets?

Or is that beyond the capability of the modding tools?

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow
I'm trying to edit Manufacturing Extended's Far Harbor plug-in to be expanded to support crafting 7.62 rounds. I have the proper index for the recipe, terminal entry, displaying the recipe as a submenu, etc. But it says ";Failed to load code for fragment Fragment_Terminal_01"/02/03 for the different menu items on the Terminal object. I know that these are referring to a function to change the active recipe in the terminal for the ammo plant, but I can't seem to add in a new one to the existing script to flag the new recipe as active. This is my first foray into papyrus, and I'm using the PapyrusDotNet inspector to look at the fragment. How can I add in a new method to the fragment, and assign it to the proper index in the Creation Kit? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I've never really messed with anything like this before. But I want to be able to craft 7.62 ammo!!

Edit: Gave up on the papyrus stuff, and stuck with what I know - changing values. The Far Harbor ammo plant now pumps out 7.62 instead of the Modified Bowling Balls (which you can make at the chem station anyway, after you find the recipe.) Oh well, maybe I'll figure out how to properly decompile / recompile papyrus scripts someday.

potaties fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Sep 1, 2016

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

potaties posted:

I'm trying to edit Manufacturing Extended's Far Harbor plug-in to be expanded to support crafting 7.62 rounds. I have the proper index for the recipe, terminal entry, displaying the recipe as a submenu, etc. But it says ";Failed to load code for fragment Fragment_Terminal_01"/02/03 for the different menu items on the Terminal object. I know that these are referring to a function to change the active recipe in the terminal for the ammo plant, but I can't seem to add in a new one to the existing script to flag the new recipe as active. This is my first foray into papyrus, and I'm using the PapyrusDotNet inspector to look at the fragment. How can I add in a new method to the fragment, and assign it to the proper index in the Creation Kit? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I've never really messed with anything like this before. But I want to be able to craft 7.62 ammo!!

Edit: Gave up on the papyrus stuff, and stuck with what I know - changing values. The Far Harbor ammo plant now pumps out 7.62 instead of the Modified Bowling Balls (which you can make at the chem station anyway, after you find the recipe.) Oh well, maybe I'll figure out how to properly decompile / recompile papyrus scripts someday.

I'd go about it by just making a clone of the plant and changing that value, although I have not had a particularly good look at manufacturing stuff, if a static takes in stuff and pukes out stuff, it should be easy enough to clone as a new item.

If you want to be really esoteric about it, you can probably make a tree that has ammunition as its fruit.

staberind fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Sep 1, 2016

7seven7
May 19, 2006

I barfed because you looked in my eyes!
Since Nuka World dropped my game's been crashing every time I save. I can't quicksave either. I've disabled all my mods, tried dieing and reloading, changing characters, starting a new game. Nothing works. There's not too much information online. Has anyone else come across this?

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

7seven7 posted:

Since Nuka World dropped my game's been crashing every time I save. I can't quicksave either. I've disabled all my mods, tried dieing and reloading, changing characters, starting a new game. Nothing works. There's not too much information online. Has anyone else come across this?

If there's not much info online, chances are it's not a problem with the game but with corrupted file structure on your part. Try verifying the game files / reinstalling.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Somebody made a neat little quality of life module for vanilla clothing and armor for those who don't want to go too nuts and are happy with what you get in the vanilla game.

Cyan's Armor Mod basically makes ballistic weave avaliable as a mod for a majority of the clothing (including hats), dog armor now has energy and damage resistance and he even adds a new chest armour upgrade that combines fire AND explosive protection into one handy upgrade.

Also, the light on the combat armor helmet works now!

7seven7
May 19, 2006

I barfed because you looked in my eyes!

botany posted:

If there's not much info online, chances are it's not a problem with the game but with corrupted file structure on your part. Try verifying the game files / reinstalling.

That was my next idea. Will report back. Cheers.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Entropic posted:

Is there a mod that changes the Far Harbour lever-action rifle so that you can do partial reloads?

Like change it so that if I have 3/5 bullets loaded and I initiate a reload, it reloads 2 bullets instead of going through the full animation to reload all 5 bullets?

Or is that beyond the capability of the modding tools?

I don't see why that couldn't be possible with something like the Script Extender. There was a mod for New Vegas called "Manual Reload" that kept track of how much ammo each weapon in your inventory had loaded into it, even when holstered or removed from a hotkey. It's not exactly the same but, yeah, it just seems like it would be a little complicated. Something like trimming the reload animation to be a single round "loop" and then keeping track of how much ammo is assigned to the weapon at any given moment.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Somebody made some really nice looking lore friendly US Air Force style power armor if anyone is looking for a unique stompy suit!

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Not sure what the hell happened, was playing just fine last night, now it wont let me past the initial vid on load without getting "Fallout 4 stopped working"

If I run the game through steam direct it seems fine, if I run it though MO with a default clean list it does it, and if I use mods it does it. I haven't changed anything since last night, and there hasn't been any patches.

Plotac 75
Aug 8, 2007
Mysteries of the ancient lizardman sealed by ancient, mysterious lizard magicks lost in the mysterious realm of ancient lizardmen from ages far, far ago.

The only thing that bugs me is that they didn't include any screenshots of the suit with a jetpack/flying. Otherwise, it looks fantastic and it is so going into my next mod bucket.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

I have a weird bug, just started earlier. The lights in Vault 88 seem to flicker on or off. Changes depending on where I am standing. Tried it with ENB installed and removed, so I don't think it's an ENB issue.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=756484502 This is what it looks like a lot
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=756484545 This is what I think it should look like. Only turns on all the lights when standing in exact positions.

Here's my load order:
code:
 0  0 Fallout4.esm
 1  1 DLCRobot.esm
 2  2 DLCworkshop01.esm
 3  3 DLCCoast.esm
 4  4 DLCworkshop02.esm
 5  5 DLCworkshop03.esm
 6  6 DLCNukaWorld.esm
 7  7 Snap'n Build.esm
 8  8 ArmorKeywords.esm
 9  9 TrueStormsFO4.esm
10  a Homemaker.esm
11  b SoundOfSilence-CFBE+DiamondCity.esp
12  c BetterModDescriptions.esp
13  d ValdacilsItemSorting-00-ValsPicks-DLCVersion.esp
14  e keyNuker_DLC03.esp
15  f keyNuker_DLC01.esp
16 10 Scrap Everything - Core.esp
17 11 BoS Pilot Outfit Fix.esp
18 12 DV-Durable Vertibirds.esp
19 13 LongerPowerLines3x.esp
20 14 Quick Save.esp
21 15 EasyHacking.esp
22 16 Journey.esp
23 17 BossChestsHaveLegendaries.esp
24 18 PreWarSafes.esp
25 19 ImmersiveTP.esp
26 1a Scrap Everything - Automatron.esp
27 1b SettlersRename.esp
28 1c CraftableGunsAndWeapons.esp
29 1d WBO.esp
30 1e WBO-Automatron.esp
31 1f WBO-BetterModDescriptions.esp
32 20 More Where That Came From Diamond City.esp
33 21 chem redux.esp
34 22 DialogueFarmFix.esp
35 23 MoBettaScrap.esp
36 24 legendary helmets.esp
37 25 Buildable_PAFrames.esp
38 26 SafelyScrapNPCTurrets.esp
39 27 Elvani's Track Pack - FIX.esp
40 28 Armorsmith Extended.esp
41 29 Armorsmith Far Harbor.esp
42 2a Armorsmith Automatron.esp
43 2b VIS-PatchChemReduxWeightless.esp
44 2c TrueStormsFO4-FarHarbor.esp
45 2d TrueStormsFO4-EarlierSunsets.esp
46 2e TrueStormsFO4-EarlierSunsetsFH.esp
47 2f DarkerNights.esp
48 30 DarkerNightsDetection.esp
49 31 Rebuilt_SeriesPrewarHouses.esp
50 32 3DNPC_FO4.esp
51 33 Campsite.esp
52 34 BTInteriors_Project.esp
53 35 Scrap Everything - Far Harbor.esp
54 36 FamilyProblems.esp
55 37 MosesSubmarine.esp
56 38 Stuff In Wood Boxes.esp
57 39 The Collector's Guides.esp
58 3a ImmersiveFastTravel.esp
59 3b IFT_Automatron.esp
60 3c IFT_NoFuel.esp
61 3d keyNuker.esp
62 3e Believable Drumlin Diner (turret).esp
63 3f Diamond City Enhanced.esp
64 40 Gm Home Plate.esp
65 41 SoundOfSilence-No_HP_Noise.esp
66 42 PlaneWreck.esp
67 43 WET.esp
68 44 RansackedRelay.esp
69 45 Conquest.esp
70 46 AtomicRadio.esp
71 47 DeltaRadio.esp
72 48 Homemaker - Greenhouse and Bunker Disabler.esp
73 49 Homemaker - Streetlights Use Passive Power.esp
74 4a 3DNPC_FO4 - FDI Compatibility Patch.esp
75 4b EveryonesBestFriend.esp
76 4c Armorsmith Combat Helmet Illumination 1.2.esp
77 4d BTInteriors_Project_Sorting.esp
78 4e Brahmin Watertrough.esp
79 4f BrahminFeederFull.esp
80 50 The Collector's Guides Far Harbor Addon.esp
81 51 ConvenientStores.esp
82 52 Vault-Tec Workshop Overhaul.esp
83 53 Fr4nssonsLightTweaks.esp
84 54 WET Clearer.esp

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Another pretty boss power armor one, have you ever wanted some sort of Skyrim Dragonbord themed suit of Power Armor? like runes, medieval chainmail and animals furs draped around your suit?

Well, somebody will at last has fulfilled your oddly specific dream. Behold the TES-51 Power Armor mod set!

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

SeanBeansShako posted:

Another pretty boss power armor one, have you ever wanted some sort of Skyrim Dragonbord themed suit of Power Armor? like runes, medieval chainmail and animals furs draped around your suit?

Well, somebody will at last has fulfilled your oddly specific dream. Behold the TES-51 Power Armor mod set!

That is cooler than it has any right being.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Gonkish posted:

That is cooler than it has any right being.

This straight-up looks like a Space Wolf Terminator, it's rad as gently caress.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

SeanBeansShako posted:

US Air Force style power armor

For what purpose? :confused:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Man Whore posted:

There's no fall damage in Powerarmor :getin:

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

toasterwarrior posted:

This straight-up looks like a Space Wolf Terminator, it's rad as gently caress.
Pretty much what I was going to say. So cool.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Man Whore posted:

*Points to jetpack

Falken posted:

Pretty much what I was going to say. So cool.

I am down with that, and I love that it looks like it's used FO4 assets to make it fit right in.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Glad you guys like the Elder Scrolls themed Power Armor accessories, here is a another mod that just lets you craft all kinds of accessory junk onto all the power armor frames in the game. Enjoy.

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow
Looks like Fallout 4 just updated to 1.7.15, so we gotta wait for F4SE. Also, the NVIDIA Vault 1080 mod is uploaded to Bethesda.net by someone named Ex0dus13 and everyone is screaming about how it's fake in the comments, but I'm pretty sure it's the real deal. Seems to make a lot of minor edits to a variety of cells, so probably put it higher in your load order. But how am I supposed to play it without Achievements?!

Also, True Storms / Interiors Enhanced / Darker Nights have all been updated for Nuka World now, but I don't know if the extra weathers for Nuka World added by True Storms are compatible with Darker Nights yet.

Also also, those two new power armors are both great. I took the TES-51 equipped with the Steel Warhammer through Trinity Tower and destroyed all mutants, and I'm not even a melee character. But boy was it fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

What's the best way to absolutely NUKE all of my mods to start fresh?