Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Kalli posted:

Literal rapist mad at Kaepernick
God I loving hate that jagoff, why can't he be siphoned of his talent and put into an actual human being who isn't a complete piece of poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Personally, I think a conflict where one side is all 'Nah, I disagree with you so you aren't allowed to have free speech' is just the sort of new thing this country needed to get back on track. Can't wait to see more random bloggers and old brain damaged football players tell me just which cell in Guantanamo Kaep belongs in

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Personally, I think a conflict where one side is all 'Nah, I disagree with you so you aren't allowed to have free speech' is just the sort of new thing this country needed to get back on track. Can't wait to see more random bloggers and old brain damaged football players tell me just which cell in Guantanamo Kaep belongs in

Lmao no one credible is saying he isn't allowed to have free speech. They're just disagreeing with his dumb way of voicing it

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

cravius posted:

Lmao no one credible is saying he isn't allowed to have free speech. They're just disagreeing with his dumb way of voicing it

No one is talking about 'credible' people in this thread, no, but they're still stupid.

I actually disagree with a lot of his argument! I'm an evil arch-conservative myself! But he has every right to sit down during a stupid song and the many sports people quoted in this thread suggesting otherwise are complete buffoons.

Further, I was making a joke that both sides of our political spectrum tend to turn to such 'oh, you can't say/do/not do that' arguments every time someone disagrees with them on nearly any issue.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I have to wonder how well Kaepernick would do in Minnesota.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Darth Brooks posted:

I have to wonder how well Kaepernick would do in Minnesota.

Did he run much play action? I know he can do read-option, which you have to imagine would work out as well as that can with AP, but I'd think with Teddy injured they'd want to switch from heavy shotgun sets to just as much play action as humanly possible.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Is Kap even able to throw right now? Doesn't he have a dead arm or something?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I figured he just said that so he doesn't have to put his hand over his heart.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Why are the 49ers paying a bad backup so much money? I guess they have to reach the floor salary somehow. I support his ability to make an rear end of himself, I wish he were smart enough to help the cause rather then just make more people mad. He pretty much killed any trade no team is going to want a Tebow media poo poo storm QB. Think of poor Jeb.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Elephanthead posted:

Why are the 49ers paying a bad backup so much money? I guess they have to reach the floor salary somehow. I support his ability to make an rear end of himself, I wish he were smart enough to help the cause rather then just make more people mad. He pretty much killed any trade no team is going to want a Tebow media poo poo storm QB. Think of poor Jeb.

What would you like for him to do, exactly?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I care deeply about, uh, the thing Colin is protesting about, which is why I am so vested in his tactical decisions.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

NC-17 posted:

Is Kap even able to throw right now? Doesn't he have a dead arm or something?

"dead arm"

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I wonder what the Marines who stormed the beaches of Iwo Jima and raised that American Flag would have thought about your ''Dead Arm" Colin????

Like Follow Subscribe

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Goetta posted:

I wonder what the Marines who stormed the beaches of Iwo Jima and raised that American Flag would have thought about your ''Dead Arm" Colin????

Like Follow Subscribe

This but filmed in my car or walking around a store

HIT THAT SUBSRCIBE BUTTON

*points to air*

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Goetta posted:

Like Follow Subscribe

As my grandad put it:

"Thank Christ that's what passes as a problem in our current world"

GonadTheBallbarian fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Aug 31, 2016

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Elephanthead posted:

Think of poor Jeb.

:yeah:

Goetta posted:

I wonder what the Marines who 7tormed the beaches of Iwo Jima and raised that American Flag would have thought about your ''Dead Arm" Colin????

Like Follow Subscribe

ftfy

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
White people: why can't black people just protest normally like civilized folks

Black person: sits quietly during the national anthem

White people: no!!!!! Not like that

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
As a white people I am offended

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Front page of MSN this morning. :rip: Kaep

weird Asian candy fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Aug 31, 2016

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
CNN has a front page story about how it's cool that he protested but he 'lost' the guy when he mentioned Hillary not being the greatest lol

he can't win from either side

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Blitz7x posted:

hehe

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Blitz7x posted:

Hahaha

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Blitz7x posted:

:perfect:

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Blitz7x posted:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Blitz7x posted:

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Blitz7x posted:

Pimp Cauldron
Aug 3, 2002

A twisted pictoral of phoenix, AZ

Blitz7x posted:

just post the original facebook thing instead of making it look like you came up with this on your own

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
he's not even protesting though, i said it before it's almost the laziest thing he could do next to a facebook post

it's more likely he is upset with his situation in san francisco and wants to go to another team so he decided to make a spectacle of himself by latching onto this issue

what has he actually done to further the cause of police violence against blacks? nothing, it's just a low level troll to get himself exposure

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Pimp Cauldron posted:

just post the original facebook thing instead of making it look like you came up with this on your own

I'll post the image next time

https://m.imgur.com/ucJI9Yy?r

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Blitz7x posted:

I'll post the image next time

https://m.imgur.com/ucJI9Yy?r

You fukr

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Blitz broke the loving code

Nov 6, 2002

Do it ironically posted:

he's not even protesting though, i said it before it's almost the laziest thing he could do next to a facebook post

it's more likely he is upset with his situation in san francisco and wants to go to another team so he decided to make a spectacle of himself by latching onto this issue

what has he actually done to further the cause of police violence against blacks? nothing, it's just a low level troll to get himself exposure

yeah he wants all that great exposure he's getting for himself

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Do it ironically posted:

I think thats what a protest is

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

What a dumb poo poo making everyone talk about his protest that he did to make everyone talk about his protest.

It's not his fault the military fetishism in the USA ran with it and blurred his message

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Blitz7x posted:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Colin Kaepernick gives a twenty minute long interview laying out exactly why he's doing what he's doing, the people he's worked with and what he hopes to accomplish.

But yeah, he probably just wants to get cut because he sucks.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
20 minutes lol talk to me when he's done 2 tours in iraq

precautionary :thejoke:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Metapod posted:

20 minutes lol talk to me when he's done 2 tours in iraq

Martyrs only get one try :jihad:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2651681-mike-freemans-10-point-stance-kaepernick-anger-intense-in-nfl-front-offices

quote:

Across NFL front offices, there are team officials who are not offended, and even embrace, the controversial position of Colin Kaepernick. They are out there. Statistically, they have to be. But they are keeping a low profile.

They seem to be far outnumbered by the members of NFL front offices who despise him. Truly, truly hate him.

"I don't want him anywhere near my team," one front office executive said. "He's a traitor."

A traitor?

He wasn't alone in the anger directed toward Kaepernick. In interviews with seven team executives, each said he didn't want Kaepernick on his team. This is far from scientific, but I believe this is likely the feeling among many front office executives. Not all. But many.

All seven estimated 90 to 95 percent of NFL front offices felt the same way they did. One executive said he hasn't seen this much collective dislike among front office members regarding a player since Rae Carruth.
Remember Rae Carruth? He's still in prison for the plot to murder his pregnant girlfriend.

Personally, I think the dislike of Kaepernick is inappropriate and un-American. I find it ironic that citizens who live in a country whose existence is based on dissent criticize someone who expresses dissent.

But in NFL front offices, the feeling is very different.

"He has no respect for our country," one team executive said. "F--k that guy."

Another said that if an owner asked him to sign Kaepernick, he would consider resigning, rather than do it.

There could be some executives who have no issue with Kaepernick, but I doubt there are many. Each executive said he believes Kaepernick will likely get released by the 49ers—and never play in the NFL again.

That is one of the main themes here. Like these executives, I feel we won't ever see Kaepernick play for another NFL team. There is precedent for this. Chris Kluwe, a former Vikings kicker, said on CNN this week he believes he was banned from the NFL for expressing his views on gay rights.

When challenged that Kaepernick didn't break a law, or an NFL rule, and that it's his right to sit during the anthem, the response, consistently, was that it's also a team's right to not sign him. And to also dislike him.

Why? It seems the executives feel this way because they believe Kaepernick to be un-American. They also don't believe he appreciates what he has. Many of them pointed to Kaepernick's salary and said he would never make that kind of money if not for football.

"In my career, I have never seen a guy so hated by front office guys as Kaepernick," one general manager said.

This is a league that has signed domestic abusers, accused murderers, players who killed another person while driving drunk and dudes who park in handicap spaces. But Kaepernick is the most hated person he's ever seen? A non-violent protest? Really?

Yes, apparently, really.

One last thing on Kaepernick from these team officials: They think it's only a matter of time before the 49ers release him because of external pressure. Not because Kaepernick isn't close to the player he was, but because, to the 49ers, he's become radioactive.

Their belief is that the team will wait a bit, maybe a week, for the controversy to quiet (a bit—it's only going to quiet so much in a week) and then release him.

I've heard from people close to Kaepernick that he fully expected to be released by the 49ers once everyone became aware of his actions, and he also knew his football career would be in jeopardy. I've also been told Kaepernick would then dedicate his life to one of social activism.

But hey you know, Kaepernick just wants ~* exposure *~ you guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

Most of those people probably cringed at the idea of a black starting quarterback on their team anyway.

• Locked thread