Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

omg chael crash posted:

I want those coins because they can cause more exotics to drop, right? and I want more exotics so I can burn them and upgrade my other gear? is that wrong?

Yep. If youre in a fireteam running content use your own or see if someone else has a rep booster too it'll get you faction packages that much faster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Burn a three of coins before any strike or crucible match or before you kill an ultra or honestly really if you don't have the Exotic Particles buff visible when you look at the menu just use one. Just don't burn a bunch because they don't stack like that.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
If you are opening an engram, wear your highest light level gear.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Hey does anyone know how to upload a video on the bungie website? I want to post this video of a completely hilarious lagfest fight to try to make the whatever monthly or weekly videos they promote.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

MarshyMcFly posted:

Hey does anyone know how to upload a video on the bungie website? I want to post this video of a completely hilarious lagfest fight to try to make the whatever monthly or weekly videos they promote.

I thought most people just send in youtube links?

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

BlindSite posted:

I thought most people just send in youtube links?

Yea but where on their site?

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I'm a little confused with these coins. So, I popped one, finished the shield brothers strike, got no exotic, and the little IX buff disappeared. How long is it supposed to stay there for? I thought it lasted until I actually got an engram. Am I doing something wrong?

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Goes away when you complete a crucible match or kill an ultra enemy in pve (yellow bar, named enemies)

It's only an increased probability, not a guarantee.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

omg chael crash posted:

I'm a little confused with these coins. So, I popped one, finished the shield brothers strike, got no exotic, and the little IX buff disappeared. How long is it supposed to stay there for? I thought it lasted until I actually got an engram. Am I doing something wrong?

Each time you use one you get more percent chance to get one. When you DON'T get one and the buff goes away, the next time you use one you have more percent chance to get it than you did last time. But you can't stack these buffs to raise the percent chance without first having it go away from not rolling. Getting a exotic brings it back to starting percent chance if you use another.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Booties posted:

Goes away when you complete a crucible match or kill an ultra enemy in pve (yellow bar, named enemies)

It's only an increased probability, not a guarantee.

It's about a 20% chance, burn five coins over the course of an hour and you'll probably get an engram.

But you might not because RNG.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
I didn't know that was how the stacking worked. I've wasted so many....

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Like the earlier post said just always have that buff on your char and they'll rain from the heavenses.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

xzzy posted:

It's about a 20% chance, burn five coins over the course of an hour and you'll probably get an engram.

But you might not because RNG.

Yeah, the beat me tonight

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
I have been playing a lot of PvP recently. Sorry to gloat but this poo poo has been a lot time in the making and I wanted to share.

Edit: Rumble can get hosed.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Nice rumble elo scrublord

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Strange coins are still used mainly for three of coins and heavy ammo for rep right? I'm trying to stockpile coins by running poe once or twice a day and my goal is just to get to 50 three of coins. That should cover me in the first week no matter how much I play.

I'm not even decrypting engrams anymore, saving it to level up cryptarch after roi goes live. Hoping to get a rep up or couple.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Ineffiable posted:

Strange coins are still used mainly for three of coins and heavy ammo for rep right? I'm trying to stockpile coins by running poe once or twice a day and my goal is just to get to 50 three of coins. That should cover me in the first week no matter how much I play.

I'm not even decrypting engrams anymore, saving it to level up cryptarch after roi goes live. Hoping to get a rep up or couple.

This is correct and woke posting

Currently sitting on 400 motes in vault + 100 per char, 100+ coins, 50+ 3oC, and somewhere around 600 heavy synth. Also have 6 exotic engrams and 10+ legendaries waiting. Then also have 5x25 mark bounties on each character so I'll have 575 marks ready to burn. I'm just buying mats at this point to keep from maxing out. Think I'm at like 400+ of every mat.

At this point I'm not even sharding any decrypted legendary items at all so I can first buy all the vendor gear and then clean house to get more marks.

Gentle reminder to be mindful of all engrams you decrypt after ROI and always equip the absolute highest light you can achieve before decrypting the next one.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
Also edged all the factions to 2475, even Variks just in case they refresh that gear.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Hah 400 motes. That's adorable.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
im not a pve shitlord sorry

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Dinosaur Gum

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Hey hey, I'm a shitlord everywhere.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Part of me wants to try to round out the Triumphs I don't have but far more parts of me don't want to deal with hard mode Kings fall.

Also I'm impressed with how fanatical some of you still are towards getting ready for a new expansion. I'm looking forward to seeing the new stuff.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Zodack posted:

Part of me wants to try to round out the Triumphs I don't have but far more parts of me don't want to deal with hard mode Kings fall.

Also I'm impressed with how fanatical some of you still are towards getting ready for a new expansion. I'm looking forward to seeing the new stuff.

i am also looking forward to new stuff, and as such we're preparing for it so we can do more than just window shop. At this point there's no carrots left for most of us to chase but we're all addicted to destiny so we just edge everything so we can burst all over the new expansion

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
There stopped being carrots worth chasing for me a long time ago in Destiny so I'm hoping this new expansion is at least as exciting as Taken King, which was pretty okay.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Yeah for a lot of us we don't want to spend too much time chasing carrots and just be ready for the new raid and new end game content. The raid is where a lot of good carrots are.

Anyone want to do vog and ce HM raids this weekend? Just like a victory lap of destiny or something. We can even break down everything in there for motes too.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Chasing carrots is better than chasing yourself in circles because there's no carrot yet. I'm on a Destiny break until RoI.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I'm not bothering with faction edging but I'm not spending anything other than glimmer and marks to keep from capping out.

The thought of spending 1000+ strange coins at Xur is making my hands prematurely cramp up.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I edged my vanguard rep and factions without realizing it so now I don't want to do anything until 9/20

Does CoE (not PoE) give any rep other than for house of judgement? Maybe I'll do that

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Roman posted:

I edged my vanguard rep and factions without realizing it so now I don't want to do anything until 9/20

Does CoE (not PoE) give any rep other than for house of judgement? Maybe I'll do that

You can edge Eris Morn if you want a class item and your inventory filled with uncharged court runes.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I'm not bothering with faction edging but I'm not spending anything other than glimmer and marks to keep from capping out.

The thought of spending 1000+ strange coins at Xur is making my hands prematurely cramp up.

set a paddle on the elite controller to x

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Dinosaur Gum
This is also a pro strat if you need to delete all of your characters

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

moist turtleneck posted:

This is also a pro strat if you need to delete all of your characters

i edge by putting my elite down on non flat surfaces

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
I recently spent 900 motes on leveling my faction rep. Yup. I stupid

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Motes are a non-concern. The game constantly shits them at you so there's no reason to conserve them.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

xzzy posted:

Motes are a non-concern. The game constantly shits them at you so there's no reason to conserve them.

That's what I figured. I already have close to 300 again

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Really the only issue with motes is you can't burn them in 5/10/20 mote increments.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

xzzy posted:

Really the only issue with motes is you can't burn them in 5/10/20 mote increments.

1000 at a time please

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I did this over the course of several weekends, it's a load off my mind seeing 3300 heavy synths in the vault and all the busywork I don't have to do.

The only thing I should do between now and Rise of Iron is get an eyeasluna on the Bone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Come on guys -- I just hit 40. Stop stressing me out

• Locked thread