Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Darth Windu posted:

Honestly that would be just like a woman
:kiddo:

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Some minor things I think would be nice for Reaper's Due:

-Some kind of prosperity/depopulation map mode. The epidemic map mode is neat but it would also be cool to see the aftermath of a huge plague, or just identify prosperous counties to conquer/raid. I know it has the 3D icons marking those statuses but you can't really see those while zoomed out, so a plainer colour-coded mode would be better for that.
They could just modify the view that's for incomes to have prosperity as well, seeing as it's already meant to indicate how wealthy a county is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Why are you a thief.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Because he has the deceitful trait, clearly.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!
Man, Zunbil games are loving brutal now that you cant get ultimogeniture early on, I think I must have stabbed my way through at least 20 male members of my family so far. Even worse is that the Abbasids have completely boxed me into the eastern half of Afghanistan (they holy warred and took Zabulisatan, so I'm stuck in Kabul) so the only place I have to expand is into India...and the Indian holy order deathstacks. :shepicide:

Never ask for a hard game, you might just get one!

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
My court physician castrated me... to treat my case of measles. :stonk:

I should just shave my head and be entirely Varys, because I've already got the highest intrigue score in the world. If my lieges (I've gone through like five of them now, only two of whom died by my hand) don't pick me as spymaster (perhaps due to a -80 opinion), the ones they do pick don't last long.

It is entirely my dynasty's fault that Charlejust's Francia has broken into its constituent kingdoms, and my fault alone that Burgundy, Austrasia, and Germany are separate.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!

A Tartan Tory posted:

Man, Zunbil games are loving brutal now that you cant get ultimogeniture early on, I think I must have stabbed my way through at least 20 male members of my family so far. Even worse is that the Abbasids have completely boxed me into the eastern half of Afghanistan (they holy warred and took Zabulisatan, so I'm stuck in Kabul) so the only place I have to expand is into India...and the Indian holy order deathstacks. :shepicide:

Never ask for a hard game, you might just get one!

The Abassids have imploded early in every game I've played since Reaper came out. Which I guess is only three. My suggestion is to start over, if they convert those provinces you're pretty much boned long term.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

Schizotek posted:

The Abassids have imploded early in every game I've played since Reaper came out. Which I guess is only three. My suggestion is to start over, if they convert those provinces you're pretty much boned long term.

I'm pretty sure I can still do it, I have taken enough land in India that I now have a 10k army, just need to wait for an opportune time to strike.

This is literally the only game I have played in months where the Abbasids haven't imploded as well, it's made it quite a challenge.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Abbasids have been having a rough go of it since Conclave for me, it seems. Sooner or later they always get shattered by a decadence revolt. The only thing I can think of is with the way vassals are in Conclave maybe the decadent Abbasid dynasty members are more likely to tell the Caliph to gently caress off instead of shaping up.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

I really wish they would implode, currently they span from Morocco, to Egypt, to Anatolia, to India and are actually expanding into the Ughyur Horse Lords which is loving horrifying.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!
Also: Socotra Hail Satan games are easier now. If you don't have the St Thomas cheev, maybe try coquering the Hindus for the glory of Lucifer? Be sure to invite those christian Turkish courtiers to culture change into Satanic Pirates.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

I really wish you could still do that trick to make Socotra a merchant republic, but then again, at least you could try to get a Berber in to really make them go full piracy now.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

The holy roman emperor stole one of my vassals. I think he created a duchy and granted it to said vassal count making him a duke like me and thus his direct vassal.

I need that county to make the Kingdom, how do I get it back? I have the other county of the duchy but I think a claim would not suffice.

Also how do I stop the emperor from being such a prick? I am kind and trusting so it's easy to scare me out of factions but I account for almost half the emperor's troops.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

TorakFade posted:

The holy roman emperor stole one of my vassals. I think he created a duchy and granted it to said vassal count making him a duke like me and thus his direct vassal.

I need that county to make the Kingdom, how do I get it back? I have the other county of the duchy but I think a claim would not suffice.

Also how do I stop the emperor from being such a prick? I am kind and trusting so it's easy to scare me out of factions but I account for almost half the emperor's troops.

Fabricate a claim on the county and declare war for it.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

TjyvTompa posted:

Fabricate a claim on the county and declare war for it.

Oh ok I guessed it wouldn't be that easy. Having a ton of fun with the new DLC anyways, after Matilda lost her battle with cancer at 37 I passed on to her only son - who is a lunatic gay poet with great pox, and managed to burn through 2 wives before he was 21: first one died in childbirth of a seducer guy pregnancy from right before our marriage, well deserved you slut, second one shat her life out due to dysentery and a botched treatment by my drunkard court physician (who otherwise always got treatments right, even an experimental one), third one is still kicking and gave me 4 daughters and a son - lots of alliance fodder, thanks Yolanda. You deserved not getting killed via plot, but now that you're past childbearing age I think I'll divorce you and find a genius 16 year old to improve my stewardship and try to spice my dynasty's gene pool up.

thank you CK2 for making me a heartless monster!

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Aug 31, 2016

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Oh man, my branch of the family in Brittany just got kicked the gently caress out.

By the goddamn Aztecs. They couldn't hit the huge rear end loving Umms could they? They had to go for them and me in Ireland. UGH. And I was so close to getting them an extra duchy to form the kingdom. :(

Btw, Scurvy is stupid boring bullshit and so is not being able to invite people with promises of land. BLEGH.

ThaumPenguin posted:

Why are you a thief.
There's some pathetically petty person in the "Videogame Whining" thread in PYF; I mentioned I hadn't paid for a Bioware game since ME2 and that was what they came up with. Before that, it was some other, equally sad title.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Deceitful Penguin posted:

There's some pathetically petty person in the "Videogame Whining" thread in PYF; I mentioned I hadn't paid for a Bioware game since ME2 and that was what they came up with. Before that, it was some other, equally sad title.

Thanks for letting me know, cybercriminal.

And in other news, the Komnenian Restoration's going really well. Sort of.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
The emperor tried to take one of my counties once, half the realm rebelled under me when I refused and we kicked the poo poo out of him. It's been almost a century since then and with many emperors revoking many, many counties, they've never messed with the king of Armenia again.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

That's sad. I can think of three better big red titles on the subject and five better uses for ten bucks.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Oh my god yes

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

TorakFade posted:

What are the council laws like? Usually the HRE starts with a pretty powerful council - You could pretty effectively stonewall the emperor by getting on the council, setting yourself up as a malcontent, and then buying favours from the other councillors to support you. Since he's blocking you from factions anyway being on the council wouldn't really hurt your planning that much, and if he tries to do anything like declare war, hand out titles, revoke titles, etc. he'll incurr tyranny making the rest of the vassals hate him and freeing you up to form factions with them for a bit.

This is all assuming you have Conclave. Your options for loving with your liege are greatly expanded with that DLC.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

Holy poo poo, I just defeated an Abbasid doomstack of 3x my numbers because I was using the mountains and godlike leaders. :stare:

Praise the Zun!

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Dareon posted:

That's sad. I can think of three better big red titles on the subject and five better uses for ten bucks.
Except that I didn't pirate them, just borrowed one (DA:I) from a friend, then returned it because it was dull.

A Tartan Tory posted:

Holy poo poo, I just defeated an Abbasid doomstack of 3x my numbers because I was using the mountains and godlike leaders. :stare:

Praise the Zun!
That religious defensive bonus, combined with mountains and good leaders has been amazing at times, plus the bonus to heavy infantry.

Zun can make it at times, just gets harder every update.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

That religious defensive bonus, combined with mountains and good leaders has been amazing at times, plus the bonus to heavy infantry.

Zun can make it at times, just gets harder every update.

I thought you only get that bonus in Zunist provinces? If so I did it in a buddhist province, which made it even crazier.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I just restarted playing CK2 recently due to the patch, starting in my favorite place: West Iceland!

... It's gotten noticeably harder!! I've tried two times to invade Pictland with no success -- the Christian clown car is just too huge -- and the nightmare that is the Scandinavian mainland continually tries to seize upon me to subjugate me!

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

DrSunshine posted:

I just restarted playing CK2 recently due to the patch, starting in my favorite place: West Iceland!

... It's gotten noticeably harder!! I've tried two times to invade Pictland with no success -- the Christian clown car is just too huge -- and the nightmare that is the Scandinavian mainland continually tries to seize upon me to subjugate me!

The game is pretty hard until you learn to really cheese it, which is pretty easy to do now too.

Also good news everyone, I think I managed to breed horse m.d.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Any suggestions for CK2 youtubers to watch? I like Arumba, but it'd be nice to watch someone that doesn't play so loving fast that they miss incredibly obvious poo poo all the time.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

A Tartan Tory posted:

I thought you only get that bonus in Zunist provinces? If so I did it in a buddhist province, which made it even crazier.
Maybe?

DrSunshine posted:

Hmmm. What you need to do is get at least 25 boats, then 500 prestige. Raiding will help with this. Then, conquest Connacht and before you reach 100 warscore, pause, accept their surrender, then declare war again on one of their neighbours.

You can also try it with Finland, but it's tougher now they can do that 200 piety for 2000 troops when in a defensive war thing, though if you do it early enough it still works. After that, just pick your favourite heir and dole out the counties to the rest; it will be simple enough.

Just the invasion alone isn't enough; you need to add some more troops, whether from your demesne or tribal armies. Having a bunch of vassals in Ireland helped me take on Britannia well enough.

Also turning Iceland into a 12 holding duchy is my current long term plan. It's pretty tough though, because I keep getting the urge to conquer and the MTTH of 65, with only a few 0.9 modifiers ain't too helpful.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Black Death killed every member of my dynasty. My ruler was imprisoned in France :v: and the Black Death tore though Scandinavia and I got to watch in horror as my heirs changed rapidly before expiring.

I'm not even mad it's just hilarious

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

The Cheshire Cat posted:

What are the council laws like? Usually the HRE starts with a pretty powerful council - You could pretty effectively stonewall the emperor by getting on the council, setting yourself up as a malcontent, and then buying favours from the other councillors to support you. Since he's blocking you from factions anyway being on the council wouldn't really hurt your planning that much, and if he tries to do anything like declare war, hand out titles, revoke titles, etc. he'll incurr tyranny making the rest of the vassals hate him and freeing you up to form factions with them for a bit.

This is all assuming you have Conclave. Your options for loving with your liege are greatly expanded with that DLC.

Yeah I have it but emperors are being replaced like every couple years because they do tyrant stuff, HRE is a total clusterfuck in this game. I solved the situation with claims, but now my ruler kicked the bucket just as his first male son was born leaving me in deep poo poo. I had a nice grandson lined up... Oh well, let's hope he just murders me and takes over.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Also turning Iceland into a 12 holding duchy is my current long term plan. It's pretty tough though, because I keep getting the urge to conquer and the MTTH of 65, with only a few 0.9 modifiers ain't too helpful.

It also looks like being sieged will reset the prosperity progress, which means that war is doubly risky.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TorakFade posted:

Yeah I have it but emperors are being replaced like every couple years because they do tyrant stuff, HRE is a total clusterfuck in this game. I solved the situation with claims, but now my ruler kicked the bucket just as his first male son was born leaving me in deep poo poo. I had a nice grandson lined up... Oh well, let's hope he just murders me and takes over.

The Emperor in my game went heretic which in retrospective explained why the Pope was suddenly calling for Crusades against Italy and France

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

I have a dungeon full of little girls, all of them are geniuses, literally all 6 of them. Is it evil if my plan is to breed the poo poo out of them?

CK2 has made me such a terrible person. :stare:

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

A Tartan Tory posted:

I have a dungeon full of little girls, all of them are geniuses, literally all 6 of them. Is it evil if my plan is to breed the poo poo out of them?

Hey, we don't kinkshame (too much) ITT over pixels. Not with Horse M.D. present, anyways.

The above is invalid, tho, if you meant this while they are still little girls, you sick pedo.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

A Tartan Tory posted:

Crusader Kings II: I have a dungeon full of little girls

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

CrazyLoon posted:

Hey, we don't kinkshame (too much) ITT over pixels. Not with Horse M.D. present, anyways.

The above is invalid, tho, if you meant this while they are still little girls, you sick pedo.

Don't worry, Horse M.D. is my court physician he will keep them safe.

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010
So my Father in Law is in my dungeon and holds many titles my wife (and therefore my heirs) could claim. Blinding/Castration mention that the individual cannot hold landed titles. What happens to those landed titles? Do they go to his heir?

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

SkySteak posted:

So my Father in Law is in my dungeon and holds many titles my wife (and therefore my heirs) could claim. Blinding/Castration mention that the individual cannot hold landed titles. What happens to those landed titles? Do they go to his heir?
They can't inherit titles if blinded or castrated, but it doesn't kick them out of titles they already hold, nor even from having claims pressed and getting titles that way.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

Finally the Abbassids are collapsing, it's only taken them 200 years.

Shia revolt + independence league + decadence revolt + catholic revolt = hilarity.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~
So, my insane immortal god doge became a cannibal. Apparently devouring people doesn't give the tyranny penalty/piety cost. Mildly balanced by the permanent -50 Crazy Cannibal modifier, still better than the -80 I went through when half my realm decided to go on a civil war for more council power. Heads rolled.

Kind of weird they'd be mad at me for executing people for rebellion 'because I didn't have cause.' What do you have to do to deserve execution if flat out civil war isn't it?

Edit: Also doesn't seem to give the 'You killed my parent/child/sibling!' modifier or whatever it is.

DMW45 fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Aug 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

You had already punished the rebels by imprisonment, execution is considered excessive and has few valid reasons.

• Locked thread