Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Yeah, and girls in my high school were definitely of the "the guy is supposed to do the asking out" variety, so pretty much had to play the long game to beat it into our skulls how they felt. If they were lucky they could get a friend to tell a friend to tell a friend to tell your friend to tell you which good luck after that game of telephone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i just like being friends with people

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
You need the friendships because most relationships do not work out and they wreck you. But a friendship can be forever, no problem, and you can adjust your level of friendship to the kind of person they are under different circumstances. It's not all-or-nothing like a romantic partner.

It's also good to have lots of friends because that's the only way you develop social skills and empathy that you need to date successfully also. Basically, "relating to people" skills. Also friends are good and fun.

I am 100% in favor of friends and friendship and I will friend the gently caress out of anyone with merit.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
Has the E/N subforum been closed? Because this would explain all you sadbrain goons making GBS threads up GBS more than usual.

edit: OH MY GOD PICK SHUT THE gently caress UP

edit2: VVVV ^^^^

how me a frog fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Aug 31, 2016

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Cthulu Carl posted:

Yeah, and girls in my high school were definitely of the "the guy is supposed to do the asking out" variety, so pretty much had to play the long game to beat it into our skulls how they felt. If they were lucky they could get a friend to tell a friend to tell a friend to tell your friend to tell you which good luck after that game of telephone.

Most women expect men to ask them out because that's what we're told they'll do if they're interested. Showing interest in a guy who isn't interested in you, even for sex, i.e. being a Nice Girl, is socially apocalyptic when you're younger.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

how me a frog posted:

Has the E/N subforum been closed? Because this would explain all you sadbrain goons making GBS threads up GBS more than usual.

edit: OH MY GOD PICK SHUT THE gently caress UP

wahhh pick is talking :qq:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Pick posted:

Most women expect men to ask them out because that's what we're told they'll do if they're interested. Showing interest in a guy who isn't interested in you, even for sex, i.e. being a Nice Girl, is socially apocalyptic when you're younger.

really makes u think

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

really makes u think

about how everything's socially apocalyptic when you're younger except whoops none of it ever really mattered that much?

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

Pick posted:

wahhh pick is talking :qq:

Harsh! Welp I'm off, this bone zone is too icy hot for me. Owned by a dunderheaded mooncow, boy is there egg on my face, retiring to the burn ward to recvover!

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

hi gang new to the thread but I think its a lot better when pick isnt responding to every post thanks keep up the good work

more stories

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

Mortimer posted:

hi gang new to the thread but I think its a lot better when pick isnt responding to every post thanks keep up the good work

more stories

I wish some joker would suggest to Pick she should make her way to FYAD where her fresh new style of posting would be welcomed and she (or let's face it, he) would be summarily banned.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Cthulu Carl posted:

My sophomore year of high school I sat next to a girl who would constantly play with my hair - just in the middle of class, she'd reach over and start running her fingers through my hair. She'd occasionally give me tips like "you'd look really good if you did this..." Or she's just flat out start styling my hair. My friends took notice and spent a month trying to convince me she was into me, but I didn't buy it.

i'm legitimately concerned that this post might be about me :tinfoil:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
so is this thread the script for the Love Guru 2

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

YeahTubaMike posted:

No way, I think I taught that very class

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Pick posted:

You need the friendships because most relationships do not work out and they wreck you. But a friendship can be forever, no problem, and you can adjust your level of friendship to the kind of person they are under different circumstances. It's not all-or-nothing like a romantic partner.

It's also good to have lots of friends because that's the only way you develop social skills and empathy that you need to date successfully also. Basically, "relating to people" skills. Also friends are good and fun.

I am 100% in favor of friends and friendship and I will friend the gently caress out of anyone with merit.

ill be your friend pick :)

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Bored posted:

No. You are a cool guy. I remember you from zergfluids threads.

this owns.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I'll be anyone's friend if they allow me to have keys to their place and the other "pick principles"

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Pot Of Shoe posted:

NomChomp is a legit cool dude who used to come around goontube but is too cool for that poo poo now :(

Writin' my thesis broh. I ain't got time for nothin' no more broh.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Mak0rz posted:

ill be your friend pick :)

same but only if you don't take offense at me ribbing you for liking da2 so much

it's in my top 5 games to make fun of

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i think pick's posts are ok and contribute to the thread

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Oh goddamit, that was his name! Zergfluid is the guy I earlier ITT referenced as where I first heard the term 'sexual marketplace' bandied about lmao. Felt p surreal to see that guy just posting non-loving-stop for as long as he did, tho he did get perma'd in the end I think.

Was this term his own or just general PUA/Nice guy lingo he picked up from elsewhere tho?

ˇ Greetings, fellow teen retardicus.

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Aug 31, 2016

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Moridin920 posted:

hey don't feel so bad, when I was a sophomore in HS I had a cute girl actually kiss me on the lips and I still didn't get the message that hey maybe she liked me

a month later she even was like 'hey so... remember that night the other week?' obv trying to get me to say 'oh yeah when you kissed me? let's go out!' or something but I just blushed a bit and said 'I dunno what you're talking about' which I assume was the last straw bc she got pretty visibly upset and never expressed any interest again

:(

I had things like this happen to varying degrees and didn't realize it until recently but the chiefest offense I ever committed of being a big dumb moron was when this girl in high school who was always very touchy feely with me invited me to her house while her parents weren't home so we could watch a movie.

I don't think she actually wanted to watch a movie but that's all we did because I was too scared and stupid to do anything. She didn't wanna hang out with me anymore after that.

Here's to the dumb idiots among us!

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:

Pick posted:

It always pays to have someone to chat with, chill with, drink with and so on. Life would be pretty dull otherwise.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

CrazyLoon posted:

Oh goddamit, that was his name! Zergfluid is the guy I earlier ITT referenced as where I first heard the term 'sexual marketplace' bandied about lmao. Felt p surreal to see that guy just posting non-loving-stop for as long as he did, tho he did get perma'd in the end I think.

Was this term his own or just general PUA/Nice guy lingo he picked up from elsewhere tho?

ˇ Greetings, fellow teen retardicus.

I don't think he invented it, some other idiot piece of poo poo did. But it's pretty dumb.

Why is everyone mad at pick? I like pick she doesn't sound half as retarded as a lot of other goons.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
PICK BAD RAAAWRG

I think goons just don't like well adjusted people who maybe have differing opinions than they do

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

nobody on the internet is well adjusted just by virtue of posting on the internet

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
Well, her equivocations aside, Pick's aight in the end I suppose. But maybe she's grown on me moreso because t.rex pops in here too and it's quite the contrast.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

CrazyLoon posted:

Well, her equivocations aside, Pick's aight in the end I suppose. But maybe she's grown on me moreso because t.rex pops in here too and it's quite the contrast.

word.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

NomChompsky posted:

Why is everyone mad at pick? I like pick she doesn't sound half as retarded as a lot of other goons.

They aren't mad, they are just playing the game at a very high level. Their negs have reached such a point of technical expertise as to be nigh indistinguishable from pointless low-effort trolling.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

poo poo that's some next level negatories there.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

something I always find weird right is how you go on return of kings, which is all about being a top dog hard bro alpha banger, and yet they're the biggest loving bunch of betas I've ever seen in my life. Every article is "BE AFRAID" and "THEY'RE COMING FOR YOU" and "IS YOUR GIRLFRIEND A WHORE?!" and "HOW TO STAY ON TOP!"

edit: haha holy poo poo I take it back goons are literally arguing with the statement "friends are good" jesus christ never change goons

Calico Heart fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Aug 31, 2016

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I am still Retardacus

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

YeahTubaMike posted:

At first i was shocked that there might be other instances of girls just playing with dude's hair out of nowhere as a means of expressing teenaged interest, but then I realized that poo poo happened all the time in my school and it makes my original tale all the more laughable.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Cthulu Carl posted:

At first i was shocked that there might be other instances of girls just playing with dude's hair out of nowhere as a means of expressing teenaged interest, but then I realized that poo poo happened all the time in my school and it makes my original tale all the more laughable.

Yea. Also, high school boys gave girls massages all the drat time, at least where I went to, so they could get to touch girlflesh and they liked it too. You sure missed out during your teen years, buddy.

So did I :smith: But I made up for it later.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
I wish to be reincarnated as Chad when I die

I know the divine ether would curse me with a small dong though just to keep me humble

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lol "well she was kissing me and putting her head in my lap but i didn't pick up on it" how do you guys manage to breathe

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Aug 31, 2016

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

*calls best bro while getting a bj*

"i don't get it man i cant read her at all. does she like me or not? its driving me crazy!"

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Moridin920 posted:

PICK BAD RAAAWRG

I think goons just don't like well adjusted people who maybe have differing opinions than they do

:yeah:

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

There has so be some broken part of the goon brain that causes it to sense attraction pheremones where there are none and vice versa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Moridin920 posted:

PICK BAD RAAAWRG

Hipsters living in Portland count as "well adjusted" people?

• Locked thread