Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

speed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
"Take that, shaman fish! You gently caress!"

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

A: What the gently caress United Front Games
B: What the gently caress Montreal

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

We could just mute all the anime chat that isn't praising Mob Psycho 100 and Jojo

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
What is going on with Vessel? Like half the time, a video that's on 3 day probation is already up on the site.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Rodyle posted:

We could just mute all the anime chat that isn't praising Mob Psycho 100 and Jojo

maybe mute some of the jojo chat too

CaptainFish
Mar 31, 2011

It's Psy-Crow my mortal Enemy! I swear my soily vengeance upon him and his fowl ilk!
I can't dispute Liam's point about Knuckles' Chaotix, except for it not being a very representative entry. However, in general, I think the 16-bit Sonics were very light in tone despite the subject matter having the potential to be presented in a dark way. The more that drama and darkness seeped into the games as time went on (SA1, SA2, Shadow, 2006) the worse the games got. The fact that they're presenting a super dramatic dark opening as their first teaser is not a great sign. The new 2D stuff will probably be fine-to-great, though.

Those are my words about Sonic, sorry!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

The sooner that the Sanic franchise is forgotten by the general community at large, the better.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
it's never going to happen

those games do good, the comics do good, the cartoon do good

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Blockhouse posted:

it's never going to happen

those games do good, the comics do good, the cartoon do good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5d42w4ZcY4

Suuuuuure.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Tae posted:

What is going on with Vessel? Like half the time, a video that's on 3 day probation is already up on the site.
Exclusive videos on vessel actually become available for free one day earlier than they are supposed to for some reason.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The FNF curse continues with them forgetting to pick Suika, even after going over the entire roster again to make sure they didn't miss anyone. :allears:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Captain Invictus posted:

The FNF curse continues with them forgetting to pick Suika, even after going over the entire roster again to make sure they didn't miss anyone. :allears:

Liam getting clever with the "Woolie picked a boss character" meme there.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.

Blockhouse posted:

maybe mute some of the jojo chat too

Agreed. It's inescapable.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The early Sonic games weren't dark, they were just a blatant environmentalism stories.

It's one of the reasons I was disappointed when I learned it was originally just dreamed up that Sonic was saving a girlfriend because I thought captain planet with a hedgehog was pretty cool for a mascot platformer origin story.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

for the love of god stop talking about things you like already

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I like how DIO only really bothers to recognize Jotaro, as opposed to say, loving Jonathan (who, Gone of Heaven or not, he should still hate more than anyone).

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
So in last Nier episode, when Liam says there's a character from Drakengard 3 in Automata, who does he mean and what is it based on?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Forgall posted:

So in last Nier episode, when Liam says there's a character from Drakengard 3 in Automata, who does he mean and what is it based on?

I assume he's referring to Accord, an Android created by the "old world" to watch over disparate timelines and who can infinitely replace herself. D3's ending also leaves open the possibility that Zero and the weird flower parasite might still exist but I really doubt that's returning.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
So apparently YouTube is cracking down on "blue" content and controversial stuff at the behest of advertisers. Takahata is freaking out over it.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

So apparently YouTube is cracking down on "blue" content and controversial stuff at the behest of advertisers. Takahata is freaking out over it.

What's "Blue" content?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Al-Saqr posted:

What's "Blue" content?

Apparently Drama channels/"let's make someone else's life miserable and put it on youtube" or something like that. I'm not really sure.

edit: though the way it's being applied is hitting more than that and may just be controversial stuff in general? They were being intentionally vague to people when they asked them about it on the phone.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Here's hoping it doesn't apply to stuff like the content (nudity, swearing, violence) and just the actual awful poo poo as mentioned above.

But going by the definition of Blue, something like Hellsing Abridged could be considered very blue humor. So I can see why Taka would be worried if they gently caress it up

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
It seems to apply to violence and swearing and stuff too but enforcement is random. It also could apply to stuff like political things or war, etc even if nothing graphic is shown.

edit: from some guy's twitter.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Wow, that could go some terrible places for certain youtubers.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.

havenwaters posted:

Apparently Drama channels/"let's make someone else's life miserable and put it on youtube" or something like that. I'm not really sure.

edit: though the way it's being applied is hitting more than that and may just be controversial stuff in general? They were being intentionally vague to people when they asked them about it on the phone.

"Blue" is the comedy term for explicit/sexual/violent content. Basically anything above PG 13.

I'm not sad that fuckheads like Keemstar are going to get hit by this. But the extremely vague guidelines about swearing and sexual content are concerning. Though I fully expect them to enforce it about as half-assedly as they always have.

Edit: Apparently foul language is okay as long as it's not meant to "shock or offend". So thanks for those crystal clear guidelines, Google.

OMG JC a Bomb! fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Sep 1, 2016

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Years of Pat documented to murdering babies is finally coming to haunt him financially

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I knew Creepy Anime Bullshit was going to be the death of this channel.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The best friends are still partnered with someone, right? They'll probably be fine.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

WTF at this new LP outta nowhere.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Command Mission? What?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

HGH posted:

I wonder if parts 3 and 4 will ever get dubbed? There's so many moments I'd wanna hear.

Viz has confirmed that they're going to do rerelease part 1&2 as proper blu rays and then dub 3

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Rodyle posted:

Command Mission? What?

Oh hey I sorta liked this game.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Where are you seeing this, it's not on youtube or vessel

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
https://www.vessel.com/videos/YoGKBjRzP

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

Viz has confirmed that they're going to do rerelease part 1&2 as proper blu rays and then dub 3

Of course I find this out after I break down and buy the DVDs.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
X's Command Mission scarf is the coolest and I wish really wish that they carried it forwards to future X designs.

Also I remember Command Mission having some difficulty spikes so that's gonna be a wierd LP to watch.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Phantasium posted:

Of course I find this out after I break down and buy the DVDs.

That just means that you can now have double the JoJo

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I hope that the others watch Mob Psycho, they so rarely pick up non-Jojo good anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Rodyle posted:

I hope that the others watch Mob Psycho, they so rarely pick up non-Jojo good anime

I think it's worth pushing it after the season is done. The guys love binging stuff over following something.

On this month's issue of Captain Falcon:

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Sep 1, 2016