Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

SubponticatePoster posted:

Have you heard South Africans talk IRL? poo poo's dead on.

If that South African was drunk and also had a mouth full of marbles, perhaps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

obligatory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxEweP2TiMk

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

grack posted:

If that South African was drunk and also had a mouth full of marbles, perhaps.
So a regular South African, then?

Willie Tomg posted:

Oh hey you triggered almost everybody's parental issues all at once cool beans
We'd have triggered them all if there wasn't an invisible timer :argh:

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

EponymousMrYar posted:

Yeah, he's Jim Cummings. He voices a couple of NPC's in this game.

Now I can't unhear Conrad Marburg.

EDIT: Also that Salarian questgiver at the end of the video has some tie-in with the standalone Mass Effect mobile game that came out before ME2, Mass Effect Galaxy, and you get special dialogue if you bring Miranda and Jason along.

monster on a stick fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Aug 25, 2016

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

grack posted:

Also the worst accent in any video game ever.

best accent, shut your face

monster on a stick posted:

Now I can't unhear Conrad Marburg.

and now I can't unhear Marburg. :argh:

Psion fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Aug 25, 2016

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
Also voting for Kasumi's mission. It owns.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
Kasumi's mission is my favourite. I pretty much always do it first. (Mostly because it has the coolest, but also most useless unlockable in the game.) It's almost criminal they had to lock the whole thing behind DLC that even officially was still awkward to install.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Morroque posted:

Kasumi's mission is my favourite. I pretty much always do it first. (Mostly because it has the coolest, but also most useless unlockable in the game.) It's almost criminal they had to lock the whole thing behind DLC that even officially was still awkward to install.

I hope the useless unlockable you're talking about isn't the space p90, because that weapon is amazing.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Halser posted:

I hope the useless unlockable you're talking about isn't the space p90, because that weapon is amazing.

I was thinking they meant the gameplay mechanic we haven't seen yet from doing loyalty missions.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013

Halser posted:

I was actually talking about the formal attire. My Shepard was a dapper dresser. :v:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Ok, we'll do Kasumi's next. Shep in pleather!

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Just a heads up guys, my mother died Sunday so LP is lagging a bit. I'll probably still get an update out this week because distraction is good and mom did like her tipple so she would approve of drinking in all its forms.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Sorry for your loss, SubponticatePoster :(

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
My condolences. :(

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I'm sorry SP, that's awful. :(

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
My condolences, SP.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
My condolences, SP.

Vandemar
Dec 12, 2013
I'm sorry for your loss, SubponticatePoster.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Condolences and a drink. :(

grimlock_master
Nov 1, 2013

Fuck you, suzie
Everyone, a drink for SP's mother. May she rest in peace

Dawncloack
Nov 26, 2007
ECKS DEE!
Nap Ghost
Hey deep condolences, be well.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Thanks guys, that's very sweet. And do have a drink, her obituary photo is her holding a pina colada while on a cruise. The wake's tomorrow (she said "I don't want a fuckin' funeral") so I will be lifting a glass or dozen.

Paused
Oct 24, 2010
Yeah, my condolences SubponticatePoster.

I always wanted to try Malibu, so Ill give a toast to your Mom rather Butts Shepard. Raised you, so I guess the collectors would be a breeze.

All the best.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Tell your friends we're coming for them

I'm sorry to hear that, SP. Take your time.

But when you record, Shep better slam back a few glasses for your ma.

(You blacked out in the citadel bar didn't you? Tell me you did. I haven't seen every video so I hope you've done it)

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I got Kasumi's recorded beforehand, so it's just commentary/editing. Might actually bang it out tomorrow morning while I'm having coffee and let it cook while I venture out.

And yeah, you wake up on Aria's couch :v:

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

If you black out drunk on the citadel why do you wake up on omega? You're thinking of 3 aren't you. In 2 you wake up somewhere else.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

skoolmunkee posted:

In 2 you wake up somewhere else.
It's in a magical place full of wonders. :allears:

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress, sorry for your loss.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

skoolmunkee posted:

If you black out drunk on the citadel why do you wake up on omega? You're thinking of 3 aren't you. In 2 you wake up somewhere else.
Oh, I guess I am. Well, guess I've never done it either, so we'll find out. Tonight I'm getting blackout drunk at the wake, I'll let you know if I wake up on Omega or the Citadel, or behind a dumpster.

Thanks, GR.

e: "Aria's couch" in 3 means her couch just outside the bar on the Citadel.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

SubponticatePoster posted:

Oh, I guess I am. Well, guess I've never done it either, so we'll find out. Tonight I'm getting blackout drunk at the wake, I'll let you know if I wake up on Omega or the Citadel, or behind a dumpster.

I wonder how many mass effect fan fictions involve Shepard getting blackout drunk and waking up behind a dumpster...

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
Well, that's poo poo. SP, my condolences.

Puukko naamassa
Mar 25, 2010

Oh No! Bruno!
Lipstick Apathy
My condolences, my dad died around this same time last August and watching dumb videos about videogames, including your Inquisition LP, helped me cope with it at least a little bit better. I'll be having a drink or a dozen to his memory this weekend, I'm sure I can fit in one for your mom too.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

My sympathies, SP.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

skoolmunkee posted:

I wonder how many mass effect fan fictions involve Shepard getting blackout drunk and waking up behind a dumpster...
May be easier to count the ones that don't

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Hello, friends. After a completely poo poo week everything is done and I think we're back to normal.

Next Update's Ingredients
Rum
Bailey's
A banana
Chocolate ice cream
Chocolate shavings

If you don't like banana, sub in some other chocolate-compatible fruit.

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde
Word to your mother. :)

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

The family jewels are in Hock

The Drink
South African Smoothie
2 oz rum
2 oz Bailey's
1 whole banana (sans peel you monsters)
1 scoop chocolate ice cream
Chocolate shavings

Add all ingredients except shavings to a blender. Blend until smooth and pour into a chilled glass. Add chocolate shavings. I just put a bar of dark chocolate (72% cacao) into the fridge for a bit and then used a microplane. You can add a couple of ice cubes if the consistency is too thick for your taste.

The Drinking Game
Just steal a sip here or there, preferably when no one is looking. :v:

The Episode
We go take care of Kasumi's loyalty mission. Her old partner/lover Keiji discovered a dangerous secret and directly uploaded it to his brain. Then Hock killed him and ripped the implant out (which seems way too goddamn big to fit into anyone's head except maybe a Krogan) and has been trying to crack the encryption. We crash a low society party at his fancy house on Beckenstein dressed up in an idiotic outfit. Being a racist goddamn South African he doesn't let Kasumi in. This seems dumb to me, if he suspected who she was why not have her in front of you where you can keep an eye on her? We break into his vault through a convoluted series of bullshit quests which all told are less difficult than the stupid simon says puzzles in ME1.

Then we get the graybox contents, blow up a bunch of things/people and take out Hock himself. In our playthrough we let Kasumi keep the info, though plotwise it doesn't matter much. This gets referenced in 3 and has its own little side mission. You get to keep the stupid outfit so expect to see Shep dicking around on the Normandy in it.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

I totally thought the Krogan statues in the vault were going to turn out to be disguised security or something.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
You know, hitting the weapons locker will refill all your regular weapon ammo even if you don't change anything :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

There was a dragon age ogre in the vault, that along with one of thedas' moons being a visitable planet in ME, presrop iirc, allows fans to speculate wildly :allears:

• Locked thread