Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

You know, I only just realized that Koichi doesn't get any good fights.

I think every fight he's been in has been at a disadvantage or off his game in a way that it was impossible for him to win. There was Lock, Yukako, Rohan, and Kira and that's it right? Rohan he was literally forbidden from hurting the guy in the first place, and everyone else he had to suddenly deal with his Stand evolving.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

I think every fight he's been in has been at a disadvantage or off his game in a way that it was impossible for him to win. There was Lock, Yukako, Rohan, and Kira and that's it right? Rohan he was literally forbidden from hurting the guy in the first place, and everyone else he had to suddenly deal with his Stand evolving.

He still owned Kira that time. I mean he got Kakyoin'd right after but still.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
The last thing Koichi does between Sheer Heart Attack and Crazy D is Unbreakable is that he helps Josuke with Highway Star iirc

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
that's still more than okuyasu

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Kurtofan posted:

Okuyasu picks up some sweet binocs

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Don't pick up free binocs off the street, bro!

e:

Lastgirl posted:

Kira didn't have his stand powers back then either, it only showed up with the arrival of the bow and arrow of fate in morioh right?

Wasn't it being used indiscriminately and Kira was one of the lucky few? At least that's the implication so...

He takes hands now as a serial motif because it's easy to discard the bodies and keep it with Killer Queen

His killing card with Reimi was a knife
Kira got his Stand from his dad stabbing him with the arrow that he got from Enya. Due to Kira's dad being a picture ghost, it could really be like, anytime that Kira got his Stand, though yea due to him stabbing Reimi to death, we can assume Kira didn't have his Stand fifteen years ago.

Kira takes hands cause he's real horned up about fingers

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Aug 30, 2016

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Yeah his real interest is that he wants the hands without the whole "woman" part, but those screaming harpies that are like "you cut off my loving hand" would ruin his humble life so clearly they have to die.

Well that and he likes murdering because he's a crazy person.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Moltrey posted:

Don't pick up free binocs off the street, bro!

e:

Kira got his Stand from his dad stabbing him with the arrow that he got from Enya. Due to Kira's dad being a picture ghost, it could really be like, anytime that Kira got his Stand, though yea due to him stabbing Reimi to death, we can assume Kira didn't have his Stand fifteen years ago.

Kira takes hands cause he's real horned up about fingers

I did the figuring out with it though I've forgotten parts of it and basically, Kira has had his stand for a long while now, it's not as recent as Keicho's.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I feel like I maybe have made this scene up but one of my fav scenes with Kira, and I guess it's in Sheer Heart Attack cause not much else it could be, where Kira is on a lunch date with a lady co-worker and he's not plotting to kill her or anything, he's just bored and wants to go

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

That's how he describes himself on dates in one of his earlier appearances.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Oh, whoops. I knew Kira's at the cafe in SHA so I thought it was an actual scene

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

RareAcumen posted:

Every stand battle every protagonist has been in has them at a disadvantage.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

I wonder if Jotaro's wife knows about his stand. Or hell, even Joseph.

I swear to loving god, if you break another camera, I'm loving out.

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?

Meme Emulator posted:

Would this even work? When hes setting up Bites The Dust everyone already knows his secret. Would it activate in that case?

e: Well Duh, BTD will activate whenever anyone finds out about him, not just Josuke and co. And its not like he specifically needs to kill Jotaro with it. I guess the nurse will tell a cop, the cop would immediately die and time would reset. I wonder if, this being a new loop, only the cop would be fated to die now and Rohan would be off the hook in the new loop?

Moltrey posted:

In theory, yeah? He's already placed Bites The Dust on the woman so he doesn't have Killer Queen, Bites The Dust activates whenever anyone knows anything about Kira, so if he just placed it on anyone, told them his secret, they would die, unless Bites The Dust HAS to be placed on a cipher? Bites the Dust is weird because it's like the only Stand ability that can only be used on non Stand Users. I don't remember if Hayato already knew his dad was Kira at this point or not, if so then Bites The Dust could never kill Hayato. I feel like if the woman had to tell someone else like Hayato did with Rohan, Kira would be dead before that happened since he's bleeding out on the pavement right there and all the Morioh boys are in his eyesight.

The thing about Bite the Dust is that it kills everyone else who knows Kira's secret, which means Kira is trying to use it to blow up the entire Duwang Gang plus Hayato at the very end there.
Kira isn't trying to make the nurse tell anyone else. He told her his secret because that makes her a target for Bite the Dust. Then, he just needs to set it off manually, which wasn't something he could do before, but Bite the Dust was originally powered by desperation, and now Kira is hoping the sheer crushing despair of being cornered by Josuke, Okuyasu, Rohan, and Jotaro all at the same time will let him take Bite the Dust to the next level.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I hardly remember any of the Kira fights from here on out and I'm excited to see them in the anime

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Does anybody still have the predictions for episodes from when SDC anime ended? Curious how on point they were so far.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Kurtofan posted:

Do you want to get your rear end kicked right now

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
Pretty sure every prediction from when SDC ended was for a 48-ep DIU.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

grancheater posted:

Pretty sure every prediction from when SDC ended was for a 48-ep DIU.

I think my initial predictions were actually for a 52-ep DiU.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
did okuyasu ever won a fight that wasn't against a middle school boy.

Also, nice memes RareAcumen, lol.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

did okuyasu ever won a fight that wasn't against a middle school boy.

Also, nice memes RareAcumen, lol.

He pretty much had the RHCP one won until he Caesar'd it at the last moment.

I can't stick this one in the anime thread because they're probably not going to get it.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
that's not D4C that's heaven's doooooor

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

I bet a legit common occurrence in Cairo for the time DIO was there was rounding a corner at night and seeing that staring right at you

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Also wired looks a lot more like Beach Boy

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Yinlock posted:

I bet a legit common occurrence in Cairo for the time DIO was there was rounding a corner at night and seeing that staring right at you

LOVER UNBUTTONS MY PANTS AND SEES THE STAR LOOPED AROUND MY COCK. SHE LOOKS UP AT ME, BUT ITS TOO LATE. IM ALREADY HOLLERIN ABOUT THE JOESTAR BLOODLINE

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm super happy at how normal every background and throwaway character in Jojo is, like our heroes are just some weirdos and everyone's figured out it's easier to let them do their thing.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Okuyasu totes won the RHCP fight in the end anyway by finally beating up Akira himself at the end

Josuke won the stand part of the fight

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I just finished Dragon's Dream and I gotta say, Feng Shui Kendo meets Final Destination was not what I was expecting. Still didn't seem nearly as weird as you guys had been hyping it up to be though.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the dude drinks his piss, anasui removes his leg bones and f.f. throws him in a toilet and electrocutes him, what do you want

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Moltrey posted:

the dude drinks his piss, anasui removes his leg bones and f.f. throws him in a toilet and electrocutes him, what do you want

I remember him being crumpled into a bucket like a wadded up tissue but I don't remember anything about a toilet.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Moltrey posted:

Anasui actually turns his leg bones into springs so he just bounces all over the place, which is even better

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

RareAcumen posted:

I remember him being crumpled into a bucket like a wadded up tissue but I don't remember anything about a toilet.
I remember there being a toilet where F.F. almost died and I thought she flipped on him in the end, but I'm probably wrong.

I was probably distracted Anasui loving with his leg bones cause that's super hosed up dude

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Sep 1, 2016

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
does the japanese version of eyes of heaven have english subs, or is that the "asia" release only?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qo3kRru5w_Q

what is my boy shigechi saying :ohdear:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
My Japanese is a bit rusty but seems like "drat I'm dead as hell"

e: Someone's put together a comparasion compilation of some Kira lines from ASB/EoH and the anime.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfp2AkxgI08

Given how great his game VA was, I'm surprised that so far, in the lines this compares, I'd only give him "Killer Queen!" and maybe "Look over here" because I'm more used to that. His laugh when he tells his "sever ties" joke to himself is A+++ tho. His anime VA crushed "dame, dame, dame, dame, dameeee" tho

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Sep 1, 2016

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

Moltrey posted:

e: Someone's put together a comparasion compilation of some Kira lines from ASB/EoH and the anime.

Given how great his game VA was, I'm surprised that so far, in the lines this compares, I'd only give him "Killer Queen!" and maybe "Look over here" because I'm more used to that. His laugh when he tells his "sever ties" joke to himself is A+++ tho. His anime VA crushed "dame, dame, dame, dame, dameeee" tho

The anime version gets the condescending tone super right, it's like he's talking to an unruly pet or a toddler while he's in complete control of the situation. The game version sounds more intense, like he's actually worried.

I prefer ASB's SHA voice right now because the screeching sounds like it would be hella unnerving when it comes at you. Maybe the anime version will sound more aggressive tomorrow when Jotaro and Koichi actually put up a fight.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I can't wait for the DIU dub so Sheer Heart Attack can be voiced by Tara Strong like it should've been in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Moltrey posted:

My Japanese is a bit rusty but seems like "drat I'm dead as hell"

to be fair, in the game he's doing a cool stand summon, in the clip they used from the anime he's just like "i named this weird cat thing killer queen"